Thanos and the Tesseract

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Why did Thanos need the Tesseract and why the heck could he not just come to earth and get it himself?

Kazenji
Who knows what Marvel Studio's has planned for the Cosmic cube and Thanos.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Supra
Why did Thanos need the Tesseract and why the heck could he not just come to earth and get it himself?

Unlimited energy source probably to power some death ray he has lying around. Universal conquest as hinted by his servant.

Maybe he didn't want to attract the attention of Odin and Nova Corps.

Supra
Could Thanos have solo'd the Avengers without the tesseract?

Vensai
Whedon added in Thanos at the end after suggesting the idea. Though Thanos might have been busy overseeing other operations.

JayDaDon

If not, we have one sorry excuse for a Thanos to look forward too...

Vensai
He would be a disappointing villain if he couldn't give them a good fight. If CA somehow beats him H2H, I'll scream.

Supra
Originally posted by Vensai
He would be a disappointing villain if he couldn't give them a good fight. If CA somehow beats him H2H, I'll scream.

Haha that would be hilarious though!

Firefly218
The tesseract is a gem

CPT Space Bomb
Not sure why Marvel Studios is making the Tesseract a "Gem" but it appears they are. Along with the aether and who knows what else. I suppose we'll find some other items in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

And yes, Thanos should be able to solo that team of Avengers by himself, though I suspect he didn't just go get it because Thanos ALWAYS has his main plan concealed...

nimbus006

Is the queen the first piece to move on your chess board?

It's called strategy and tactics. Thanos is a master of them.

Send out your pawns, size up your opponent, measure their weakness and engage.

Supra
I posted this way before I knew much about him

Thanos would wreck this whole team if they did him right. I see hulk giving him a fight but somehow getting trolled by him..

Then they pull some shit out there ass to stop him..

I actually feel sorry for him now because they switched to Ultron..which is horseshit...

Galan007
Simple: he sent the pawns in first to see what type of resistance the earth would offer. Now he has a bearing on what to expect the next time he launches a full-scale invasion on earth.

Inhuman
By now we know Marvel wants to do an Infinity Gauntlet type story for Avengers 3.
And since Loki is popular, Marvel finds ways to give him more screen time.
I think he may play the Mephisto type role by Avengers3. If you read the infinity gauntlet you know the role im talking about. Thanos's sidekick but scheming on the side to try to take the gauntlet from him.
I dont think there is time (before A3) to introduce Mephisto in the MCU. Loki would fit perfect, as he is already established. Also Thanos is most likely going to Asgard to get the tesseract. When Thanos gets there Odin(loki) could bow to Thanos in a "WTF" moment, before handing him the Tesseract and joining him.

I dunno might work....

liqiankun1998
或许吧

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.