The Weakest link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NotAllThatEvil
After finding out TP link will be representing Zelda in the new smash bros game again, OoT and SS confront him out of jealousy. After claiming he gets to rep because he's the strongest, all other links challenge him to fight (including the tv show, HH manga, snd cdi games). This quickly escalates to full on battle royale. The battle field: Woohoo island (the setting to wii fit an wii sports resort)

Round 1: each link gets their experience from all mediums they appear in.
Example (OoT+MM+heroshade vs ALttP+LA+OoX etc.)

Round 2: each game/show gets their own rep.
Example (WW vs PH vs AoL etc.)

And no triforce pieces allowed.

ScreamPaste
Hm...

Round 1 I'd put my money on OoT/MM Link overall.
Round 2 I'm more divided on.

NotAllThatEvil
I personally lean torward MM for round 2.

I forgot to mention. Each link starts at the edge of the island out of sight fr om his fellow links.

ScreamPaste
MM Link will be far more vulnerable without OoT factored in. No Master Sword means he's vulnerable to the powerful magic the other Links wield and he lacks the physical might of his adult self, though he's still quite durable.

NotAllThatEvil
MM may not be up to snuff stat wise, but his bag of tricks is a lot more versatile than the others. Not to mmention he's the second strongest aquatic fighter. If he can get any link in the water, he pretty much guarantees a win.

ScreamPaste
aLttP has greater versatility, imho, and getting the main contenders into water will be difficult for a number of reasons, one being they all have protection from magical means so he'd have to do so physically, and he really should not physically engage someone like his former self. mmm

NotAllThatEvil
Darmani would give him a pretty effective hit and run technique.

AuraAngel
Link from the show wins obviously. That is if the CD-I Link gets distracted by bombing dodongos.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Darmani would give him a pretty effective hit and run technique. Hit, sure, but the rest not so much. Several strong Links have iron boots or other methods to stop him. Ice rod/arrows, intangibility, bombs. Imho he's not theleast likely to win, but I don't consider him one of the main contenders without OoT factored in.

NotAllThatEvil
Top three?

ScreamPaste
That's a tough call to make, but prolly OoT, WW, and aLttP. They all carry the Master Sword and have powerful magic and items to amp their physical might since the ToC has been banned per your OP.

The Master Sword is the largest factor in my favouring any one Link due to it's powerful protective properties.

Due to said properties, magic takes a backseat to physicality. With the ToC factored in I might replace aLttP with TP Link for his more easily proven physical prowess since the Master Sword negates most magical attacks his lack of magic doesn't matter so much here. I don't consider him all that powerful compared to some others, but he'd be a more effective fighter against the other Links than someone who relied on magic. shrug

COG Veteran
Link vs Link vs Link.

Lets see who's better at being... Link

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Link vs Link vs Link.

Lets see who's better at being... Link
Probably link. Though that link does show some promise ...

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That's a tough call to make, but prolly OoT, WW, and aLttP. They all carry the Master Sword and have powerful magic and items to amp their physical might since the ToC has been banned per your OP.

The Master Sword is the largest factor in my favouring any one Link due to it's powerful protective properties.

Due to said properties, magic takes a backseat to physicality. With the ToC factored in I might replace aLttP with TP Link for his more easily proven physical prowess since the Master Sword negates most magical attacks his lack of magic doesn't matter so much here. I don't consider him all that powerful compared to some others, but he'd be a more effective fighter against the other Links than someone who relied on magic. shrug
I think you might be over selling the master sword just a bit. The only passive protection it shows in transfiguration protection, and I think only two links have that. According to PH, the dead man's volley is actually a technique that any sword can do. Most of the master sword's powers are related to the triforce (not here) and the temple of time (also not here).

ScreamPaste
I think you might be over selling the master sword just a bit. The only passive protection it shows in transfiguration protection, and I think only two links have that. According to PH, the dead man's volley is actually a technique that any sword can do. Most of the master sword's powers are related to the triforce (not here) and the temple of time (also not here).
Nah, the repelling of magic is a property specific of the sword in the games it appears. PH does things differently with different enemies, but this is a capability inherent to the sword, and it protects Link from time manipulation in SS, HH supports it being all purpose protection. shrug

The pedestal has no power of its' own to my knowledge, nor is it tied to any feats relevant to this fight.

No Link without the MS will come out on top.

NotAllThatEvil
A lot of links have alternate time alteration/protection and I thought the master sword's protection was mostly against evil, which all the links aren't (mostly)

BloodRain
Why does one need the MS to win?

In a thread like this the only factors of the MS is repelling certain magic attacks, protecting from some afflicting magic, being physically stronger than a normal sword and blade beams.

The ToCs protection and gaining a strong sword should close the gap by a chunk, and its not like Linkseses tend to throw around those certain magic attacks.

Linkies?? Linksi? A gaggle of Link's?

ScreamPaste
None of them get the ToC in this thread as per the OP, meaning the MS' protection becomes a lot more relevant and is the only thing stopping aLttP Link from AoEing to a win.

BloodRain
Your first mistake was assuming I read the OP.

Alright, but that protection still only covers that single spell.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
Your first mistake was assuming I read the OP.

Alright, but that protection still only covers that single spell.
It covers Spell, Bombos, Ether, Quake, Fire/Ice arrows, (repell those suckers with B!) time manipulation (MM Link's greatest advantage) it'll cut right through most magical protection like the magic armour or nayru's love, etc.

The MS is the single most important piece of equipment in this fight.

BloodRain
Woah woah woah.. Ill give you Spell, the barriers and maybe the time thing, but the medallions and arrows? They're not afflicting moves or things that can be reflected.

ScreamPaste
They are indeed afflicting moves, lol. Turning people into slimes and stuff, also why wouldn't the arrows be reflectable? We know the mirror shield can reflect them.

BloodRain
Spell turns some into slimes. The other three are cold wind, earthquakes and fire which aren't afflicting.

Arrows because for whatever magical property the shield hash, the MS must strike things to reflect them. If he strikes an arrow it will just break as per in-game. If an arrow hits his body it will act as it usually does, as would the three medallions.

ScreamPaste
Ether Medallion paralyzes all enemies on screen, an affliction.

Bombos turns most into slimes. An affliction.

The Master Sword can explicitly repell and dispel magic, either way it's the single most effective defense on the field and any Link without one is severely handicapped.

BloodRain
Ether freezes enemies with ice, Bombos only burns things. Quake is able to turn mid-mobs into slimes or damage them with the shockwave, so only that half of Quake would be negated.

It is but when Link's rarely carry afflicting spells, all it is is a strong blade that may shoot out beams with some Link's.

NotAllThatEvil
So the master sword is only used to protect them from ALttP?

ScreamPaste
So the master sword is only used to protect them from ALttP?
a LttP, LoZ, AoL, MM, Oracles, prolly forgetting someone.

NotAllThatEvil
Well then. It may not be master sword level, but MM does have the ocarina of Time for protection.

ScreamPaste
Which is handy, it should protect him from OoA Link aging him longer than his expected life span with the HoA.

BloodRain
Lazzzyy... who's winning what in this? :T

NotAllThatEvil
I think we agreed that the hero of Time won round one, and now were just seeing which indivdual game is strongest. I believe it to be MM but screampsste thinks his lack of master sword is too much of a handicap.

AuraAngel
With the OoT Link there exists a timeline where he loses to Ganon in the final battle. No such scenario exists for the other Links that I am aware of. So wouldn't he be a weaker one? 313

NotAllThatEvil
As the other timelines are created via time travel, I like to think that future game will touch on that.

BloodRain
I'm backing aLttP :T

Fire/Ice rods and Medallions granting him AoE ice, fire and shockwave attacks. Temp invisibility and forcefields, and he owns the Silver/Light Arrows. Physically his special tunics reduce damage, Titan Mitts makes him into a 50 tonner plus he is one of the Link's who can fire off blade beams. Annnddddd his Master Sword's strength can be increased in power via Tempered sword and further with the Golden Sword, strongest weapon in LoZ.

ScreamPaste
aLttP's greatest advantage is his magic, which is limited and the most dangerous aspect, the transformation, is protected against. Any other Link with a Master Sword can still tag him when he's intangible and the Lens of Truth counters his invisibility. MM Link actually has longer lasting invis than aLttP from the stone mask.

The fire and ice rods can be deflected, and silver/light arrows won't be particularly useful against other Links.

This is, imho, between WW Link and OoT Link for top spot.

BloodRain
Then it is that magical advantage which will be his claim to veektoreh!

'cause ya cant deflect AoE, or the blade beams. Pew pew mother****er.

Tbh even though his strength is < OoT, TP and WW, the power of the Golden Sword must aid in that department.

ScreamPaste
I see no reason the blade beams can't be deflected uhuh Barring that, damage him.

The AoE's shouldn't be too much trouble for the other Links.

TP Link is kinda out, no ToC means his inhuman strength is likely not in play.

BloodRain
Because they're beams.. made out of blades.. thats why :<

They should as the beams would still be like getting slashed by a guy who throws tanks, and the AoE's too. Link's have been shown to be susceptible to heat outside of tunics (cept lava), so Bombos could get a shot in. Every Link can be frozen over, even if temporary it can happen with Ether. So even if its not a major damage thing, Ether/Ice rod can be combo'd with the Golden Sword.

Wat, cant take the guys strength away :0 don't the other Link's get better durability for having the ToC too?

ScreamPaste
It's hard to say how much of their physical capability is the ToC. This thread is confusing due to none of them having any of the triforce pieces, and it being hard to say what that does to their relative power.

NotAllThatEvil
Fine, only wisdom and power are banned. I just didn't want any wishes for instawins.

BloodRain
And TP is back in the running~

NotAllThatEvil
So how do y'all think the soul edge factors in to all this?

Sacred 117
So how do y'all think the soul edge factors in to all this?

IIRC, only OoT Link had it, and that was non-canon. Otherwise, my Soul Calibur information has deteriorated, so I wouldn't really know. It would likely be negated by the Master Sword and ToC anyways.

NotAllThatEvil
I never said only canon links get to fight. As long as they got some sorta of official medium backing them, it's fair game.

Sacred 117
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as OoT Link. Still, I see Soul Edge being counteracted by ToP and the Master Sword. It basically negates that shit, IIRC.

NotAllThatEvil
Aaaaaaand we're back. I figure with like three new links in this i thought we could give it another look.

Jmanghan
It's clearly the Hero of Trains who takes this overall, his power as a conductor is unmatched.

#NewMMOWorldOfTrains

Jmanghan
Majora's Mask Link takes this.

Fierce Deity sword > Master Sword.

Thats canon, and on top of that, the Fierce Deity mask gives him access to all the powers of the other Mask's at the same time.

So to add it all up, we have Adult Link in Fierce Deity Form, with the Fierce Deity Mask that gives him the power of all the other masks, and a sword that is at least 2x as powerful as the Master Sword.

Sacred Fire
Lol.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Sacred Fire
Lol. You don't seriously think any Link can beat the Fierce Deity, do you?

What the **** happened to this place?

Sacred Fire
Sorry. Couldn't help myself on account of occasional need to be a trolling shithead, but I find it harder to do in this case given the level of factual inaccuracy.

Anyways, why don't I ask the greater two authorities on the matter? I could, if you like. I used to talk to them regularly, after all.

I hate to tell you (or anyone) this, but basically nothing you said about FD was true.

NotAllThatEvil
Gameplay wise the fierce deity sword DOES do twice what the master sword...

Sacred Fire
The Master Sword gave pause to the completed Triforce>>>>literally anything Fierce Diety has ever done.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Majora's Mask Link takes this.

Maybe, OoT/MM Link is a decent enough choice.

No...?
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/LinkWTF_zps68471ba3.jpg~original
No.

No. You stop that, right now.

Right. This. Instant.
Stoppit.

Cool but irrelevant

No more useful than being an adult.

NOPE.JPG

Wrong. No. Bad wrong. Not just bad, but wrongbad.

One shoots lasers, the other has told the triforce to sit down and eat its ****ing vegetables. Originally posted by Jmanghan
You don't seriously think any Link can beat the Fierce Deity, do you?

What the **** happened to this place?
All the sensible people are gone and the only people left here think the vault hunters can fight superman, that's what.

Sacred Fire
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/345/629/cb3.jpg

NotAllThatEvil
Counter argument. The downfall timeline exists so simply having the sword doesn't mean auto win. Ganon with only one piece of the triforce took out link( who had a piece AND the ms) the fierce deity could over power it.

ScreamPaste
Counter argument. The downfall timeline exists so simply having the sword doesn't mean auto win. Ganon with only one piece of the triforce took out link( who had a piece AND the ms) the fierce deity could over power it.
Except we have no idea how that happened. For all we know he could have killed Link at the bridge when Zelda escaped.

FD Link has no feat that could allow him to 'overpower' the MS, and his sword less so.

NotAllThatEvil
He beat majora. And majora seemed pretty freaked out about that mask....also in hyrule warriors ge cut the moon in half.

ScreamPaste
He beat majora. And majora seemed pretty freaked out about that mask....also in hyrule warriors ge cut the moon in half.
In Hyrule Warriors you can flip the planet with some gloves, the great fairy crashes moons into shit like who cares, and the villain's entire motivation is a stalker crush.

OoT/MM Link are the same guy, regardless, the issue I take here is this weird "FD Link is teh best" wank. The FD mask has exactly one feat. There is nothing to imply it is more powerful than adult Link, and the idea that the helix sword is more powerful than the MS is laughable.

NotAllThatEvil
"a sword has no power unless the hand who weilds it has courage". The helix sword is just an extension of the FD's own power. I'm pretty sure the official stance is that the FD mask rivals majora's mask, and you know what crazy feats that guy has.

On an unrelated note, if you took everything in HW seriously where would that link fit in?

ScreamPaste
"a sword has no power unless the hand who weilds it has courage". The helix sword is just an extension of the FD's own power. I'm pretty sure the official stance is that the FD mask rivals majora's mask, and you know what crazy feats that guy has.

On an unrelated note, if you took everything in HW seriously where would that link fit in? Link has plenty of courage.

Which pales in comparison to the Master Sword's power. This is so cut and dry I don't know what else to say.

I honestly don't even know where HW would go. HW is pretty inconsistant and weird. Extremely so. It was fun as **** to play but there was just no internal consistency, and it sticks out against other games because of that. It has none of the hax, and arguably worse physical and magical stats in most instances, barring some pretty immense outliers.

Jmanghan
Ok, tbh, I don't know much about LoZ, I went off what I've seen from Game Theory, who said that Majora's Mask takes it, least he's less biased then Death Battle.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Ok, tbh, I don't know much about LoZ, I went off what I've seen from Game Theory, who said that Majora's Mask takes it, least he's less biased then Death Battle. Game theory is a fun set of videos, but it's not a good source for information. I'll try to explain more clearly why I don't consider FD Link to be an important factor, and why the helix sword cannot compare to the Master Sword.

They have an amusing video on why the hookshot would break a normal human's arm, as well.

By feats, the Master Sword stands head and shoulders above the Fierce Diety.

The FD is a peer to Majora, while the sword is a peer to, or possibly even slightly above, the Triforce.

To put that in perspective, Majora is a badass who can crash the moon into the Earth, but the Triforce passively sustains reality and without it everything slowly decays into nothingness.

Single pieces of the Triforce have been used to accomplish greater feats than what Majora did, the single best example being in the backstory of ALBW which has Ganon creating the darkworld with just the Triforce of Power.

The completed thing is greater than the sum of its parts, and as OoT so aptly put it, is the source of providence for their world. No one in this thread has their piece of the Triforce, but the smart money is definitely on a Link who possessed the Master Sword because of it's magic repelling properties.

Many Links have access to some silly hax, and can do shit like polymorph people, freeze them, shrink them, AoE versions of some of those. One even has a cane that flips you flips you upside down.

The winner of a Link on Link free for all is going to be one capable of warding those off.

Jmanghan
Game theory is a fun set of videos, but it's not a good source for information. I'll try to explain more clearly why I don't consider FD Link to be an important factor, and why the helix sword cannot compare to the Master Sword.

They have an amusing video on why the hookshot would break a normal human's arm, as well.

By feats, the Master Sword stands head and shoulders above the Fierce Diety.

The FD is a peer to Majora, while the sword is a peer to, or possibly even slightly above, the Triforce.

To put that in perspective, Majora is a badass who can crash the moon into the Earth, but the Triforce passively sustains reality and without it everything slowly decays into nothingness.

Single pieces of the Triforce have been used to accomplish greater feats than what Majora did, the single best example being in the backstory of ALBW which has Ganon creating the darkworld with just the Triforce of Power.

The completed thing is greater than the sum of its parts, and as OoT so aptly put it, is the source of providence for their world. No one in this thread has their piece of the Triforce, but the smart money is definitely on a Link who possessed the Master Sword because of it's magic repelling properties.

Many Links have access to some silly hax, and can do shit like polymorph people, freeze them, shrink them, AoE versions of some of those. One even has a cane that flips you flips you upside down.

The winner of a Link on Link free for all is going to be one capable of warding those off. I mean, if you want to check it out, I'm assuming you already have, given your response.

watch?v=5n5zZDsUffs

ScreamPaste
I have indeed seen it before. I basically just sort of sighed.

AuraAngel
Some of the information in that video is useful but yeah the conclusion is questionable to say the least.

Anywho, Four Swords or Minish Cap is strongest. The weakest(which is what the thread is looking for) is idk.

By the way didn't CD-I Link one shot Ganon? I only say that cause Nate is allowing it.

NotAllThatEvil
I still think you give just a bit to much to the MS. Alttp got turned into a bunny with it, the only time protection it has is in connection eith the temple of time, and again the downfall timeline exists so it can straight up be over powered.

While the triforce has some rad feats, majora did raise an entire country from the dead and imprisoned s couple of bfg's. FD got game.

ScreamPaste

Jmanghan
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Some of the information in that video is useful but yeah the conclusion is questionable to say the least.

Anywho, Four Swords or Minish Cap is strongest. The weakest(which is what the thread is looking for) is idk.

By the way didn't CD-I Link one shot Ganon? I only say that cause Nate is allowing it. CD-I Link didn't do that with a sword though, he used a book, or a mirror I think.

Jmanghan
Where does the Hero of Light fit in to all this, which, to be honest, Square Enix should sue, since their collectible toy line of Warrior of Light is manufactured as Hero of Light.

AuraAngel
Pretty sure Nintendo's case is stronger.

NotAllThatEvil
New link. Gotta bump it.

ScreamPaste
Triforce heroes Link.

Sacred Fire
You're alive! big grin

NotAllThatEvil
Welcome back. Care to elaborate?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sacred Fire
You're alive! big grin I'm probably immortal.
Welcome back. Care to elaborate? The game is a four swords style co-op top down with no real plot to give it feats or gear advancement.

Ridley_Prime
He liiiives!

ScreamPaste
link-rape

CosmicComet
Paste!

ares834
Triforce Heroes Link is the same one from A Link Between Worlds so he has some nice feats.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ares834
Triforce Heroes Link is the same one from A Link Between Worlds so he has some nice feats.
So I looked this up, and apparently it is true. Holy shit, the game made not even a hint of this, you start out as a mook and a candidate to save some no name country from bad fashion.

What did ALBW Link do to deserve such mistreatment? I'm glad the game makes no hint of this.

Apparently the guy who said this also directed ALBW, but I assume he was on a much tighter leash for that game.

AuraAngel
Scream how does BotW Link fair? From what I've seen heights and bombs are way more dangerous to this Link than most others but I feel the need to defer to you on all things Zelder.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Scream how does BotW Link fair? From what I've seen heights and bombs are way more dangerous to this Link than most others but I feel the need to defer to you on all things Zelder.
Against other Links? He's not going to do well. Against non-Links he's probably low-mid. The ability to freeze an enemy in time is moot against 90% of his enemies here, is what I'm saying.

He's fast, but not exceptionally so, and he lacks the sheer levels of retard strength OoT/TP/SS Link achieve. Not to say he doesn't have strength feats, just not on the same level.

I wouldn't consider the heights and bombs things representative, though. BotW is a refreshingly difficult game in the early stages, but there are, uh, cutscenes that imply things.

Do yourself a favour and play BoTW, though. It's very good.

NotAllThatEvil
What strength feats does Ss even have. Breaking girahim's sword is the only thing that comes to mind.

ScreamPaste
He humiliated Ghirahim and went toe to toe with Demise.

NotAllThatEvil
But how strong is demise physically? How much could he bench?

ScreamPaste
Well, his weakened Imprisoned form shook the sealed grounds so much that Groose said "I thought the ground down here was supposed to be solid!" Demise is pretty strong.

Ghirahim in, IIRC his first form, shattered Impa's barrier which held back Faron's region wide flood.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.