10th Dimensional Hyperspace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
zqeqW3g8N2Q

To any physicists out there, what is your take on Rob Bryanton's Imagining the 10th Dimension concept. It seems logical. What flaws or mistakes does his theory have that you detect or disagree with, and why do you believe so?

Lord Lucien
Apparently minutephysics already debunked that topic, so case closed.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lestov16
It seems logical.

How can you say that it seems logical if you don't know enough about the subject to determine if it is true or not?

Lestov16
"seems" being the operative word.

Mindship
I'm familiar with Rob's initial "Imagining" demo. I like the upgrade, but I'm still not keen on how he reduces several dimensions to a point so he can throw in more higher-dimensional lines (though I suppose this is necessary when 3D beings try to imagine 10D). I don't find his definitions/descriptions all that clear/persuasive, but again, visualizing 10D is quite the undertaking.

I have no idea what the math for his theory is, and if he posted it, I imagine it would look like typical physicist scribble ( wink ). However, in all these years, not his theory nor even his name has ever appeared on a Discovery channel program, so how good can all this be. stick out tongue

Saving grace: he "seems" to favor the many-worlds approach to quantum mechanics and the wavefunction. thumb up

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lestov16
"seems" being the operative word.

Right but "he talks pretty" isn't much of an endorsement of science, indeed it should be a warning sign. If you don't know enough to make a judgement in the first place you're obviously being swayed by skillful writing not truth or logic or anything related to the actual validity of the work.

I found a review of his work from elsewhere:

Mindship
"Elegant Universe."
"Hyperspace."

thumb up and thumb up

Dolos
The way I understand it: An Omniscient AI (telepathically linked by neutrino-like particles) composed of planet-sized omniscient quantum-computers spanning all galaxy clusters in an expanding universe: That is solving for creation based on the futuristic "Theory of Everything" : Creating a Simulated Universe for intellince on all unjust occurrences (the accumulated suffering of all consciousnesses; which are, in fact, programs that are very much apart of this sentient omni-computer intellect itself): and through this Tenth Dimension it is able to make it so they never happened, and so every meta-cognizant life-form that ever lived is stored into a 'paradise potentiality' part of its ever-expanding program.

The paradise potentiality is always trying to catch up to the simulations spawned by the first simulation as evolution occurs. But, in theory, it always catches up for eternity. It's a cycle of reconstruction and deconstruction.

We see how the 5th dimension (Many Worlds Theory) can have many potentialities simultaneously, suffice it to say a 10th dimension could store all potentialities simultaneously yet only collapse to one 'paradise potentiality', in a multiplicity of existences that can only manifest one single 'paradise potentiality' existence once it has been observed by the Omniscient AI, Omega Point of Evolution, the ever-manifesting 'Demiurge'.

Dolos
Plugs in creation equation. Observes the entire evolution of intelligence up to and beyond itself, viewing itself viewing creation. Witnesses all accidental sufferings that occur in each different existence produced by every simulated universe that gets created, and based on all meta-cognizant lifeforms (from all of these existences); it begins to map all potentialities and, based on the collective desired experiences of all these manifesting consciousnesses, it collapses their collective sentience into a singular existence of potentialities just for them to live them out (thus we exist in a multiplicity; we're here, but we will be in a more desirable existence neither here nor there, and it will be us here in this very existence) with a program that utilizes the tenth dimension.

Of course this much processing would eventually produce such entropy that it is consumed by its own singularities. That is unless it could manipulate subatomic particles into perpetuating the expansion of quantum foam and utilize all of the extra quark-gluon plasma to expand itself for the space to cool down in.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Mindship
"Elegant Universe."
"Hyperspace."

thumb up and thumb up

I own Kaku's Hyperspace.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Right but "he talks pretty" isn't much of an endorsement of science, indeed it should be a warning sign. If you don't know enough to make a judgement in the first place you're obviously being swayed by skillful writing not truth or logic or anything related to the actual validity of the work.

Indeed. Which is why I asked for criticisms.

Astner

Astner
Watching the entire video, the up-loader seems to associates the many-world interpretation to a quantum state's probability range in a Hilbert space. Though the dimensionality spanned by a Hilbert space aren't the same that spans our universe and the ones addressed in string theory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.