Silver Samurai vs. The Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
SS from

http://images2.cosmicbooknews.com/wolverine-concept-art-silver-samurai-1.jpg

Destroyer from Thor

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120516043260/marvelmovies/images/1/18/Destroyer-Thor.JPG

Fight on Earth in Desert.

SS gets his Adamentium Swords. Destoryer has his death ray.

Fight..

Kazenji
Destroyer.

Supra
Originally posted by Kazenji
Destroyer.

My thoughts too but what if the SS could get close enough to have a slash or too at him, I'm pretty sure the heated swords would slice up the destroyer with ease. And since SS is all adamantium he could withstand a beating or too.

Kazenji
We don't even know what the Destroyer is made out of

those swords might or might not do jack.

Supra
We don't even know what the Destroyer is made out of

those swords might or might not do jack.

Someone must know what the destroyer is made out of.

Kazenji
Well it wasn't stated in the movies

not sure if they did some movie-tie in comics.

Supra
Well it wasn't stated in the movies

not sure if they did some movie-tie in comics.

I'm pretty sure its enchanted Uru.

Kazenji
But was it stated in the movies?.........nope.

Supra
Just did some reading up on destroyer from the comics..yea he own's the SS as far as comics goes.

"Although the Destroyer can act independently for brief periods, in general the construct is lifeless until animated by the life-force of a sentient living being. When so animated, the Destroyer retains a rudimentary base personality that will eventually subvert the host unless that host is a particularly strong-willed individual, such as Thor or Loki. Odin is also able to cast a spell that can force the animating persona from the armor and deactivate it. Once animated, the Destroyer has enormous physical strength and seems to be indestructible. The Destroyer has withstood a million tons of pressure without even falling over; while the near-omnipotent Celestials were able to melt the construct with energy blasts, its melted form was later easily reanimated to its original state. The automaton can project blasts of energy/heat/concussive force, emit a disintegration beam via its visor, and manipulate electro-magnetism and molecules allowing it to turn solid stone to lava (for example) and to fly"

Kazenji
I found out that there was a movie Thor comic

http://www.comicvine.com/marvels-thor-adaptation-2/4000-387591/

Supra
I found out that there was a movie Thor comic

http://www.comicvine.com/marvels-thor-adaptation-2/4000-387591/

Really whats that?

steverules_2
A comic based on the movie

Kazenji
It was a prequel to the movie.

steverules_2
Think there's one coming out set between Thor and Thor 2 but I could be wrong...heck Avengers is smack down in the middle

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Think there's one coming out set between Thor and Thor 2 but I could be wrong...heck Avengers is smack down in the middle

Yeah that's been and gone

came out recently.

BruceSkywalker
The Destroyer (pun intended) destroys the Silver Samurai..

first off the Destroyer is prolly taller, even though never stated i gotta believe that he is made of Uru or other Asgardian metal..

the Samurai i doubt can't tank his firepower

Supra
Since when can't Adamentium cant tank hits though?

KingD19
Even Destroyer's beam which seems to just be a powerful energy blast and not a true "Disintegration Beam" wouldn't do much to a suit comprised completely of Adamantium.

While on the other hand, the Destroyer's composition isn't known, but it is known that Sif could pierce it with her sword.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Even Destroyer's beam which seems to just be a powerful energy blast and not a true "Disintegration Beam" wouldn't do much to a suit comprised completely of Adamantium.

While on the other hand, the Destroyer's composition isn't known, but it is known that Sif could pierce it with her sword. It just went through the spaces between the metal, iirc.

Anyway, her weapon could be made from the same metal.

Supra
Im still holding that the heated adamentium swords would cut the destroyer if given the chance

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Supra
Since when can't Adamentium cant tank hits though?

only in the comics but not on screen.. lol

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindset
It just went through the spaces between the metal, iirc.

This

can't believe people continue to forget this on this forum.

Supra
I still think adementium is stronger then whatever the destroyer is made out of.

Kazenji
I could say the same thing about other stuff but its not fact.

Supra
I could say the same thing about other stuff but its not fact.

Ok but in the marvel universe are there any Asguardain metals or any metals period that are stronger the adamentium?

KingD19
Uru has been damaged in canon, while Adamantium has not.

Supra
Uru has been damaged in canon, while Adamantium has not.

Do you think those heated Adamentim swords could cut the destroyer?

Mindset
When was Uru damaged?

Supra
When was Uru damaged?

Well if the destroyer is Uru Thor took his head off in the movie when he shoved his hammer down the destroyers throatsmile

Mindset
Uru has been damaged in canon, while Adamantium has not. Did you not see the new Wolverine?Originally posted by Supra
Well if the destroyer is Uru Thor took his head off in the movie when he shoved his hammer down the destroyers throatsmile Nope.

Fight me.

Supra
Huh?

KingD19
When was Uru damaged?

Mjolnir has been outright destroyed in canon.

Mindset
SS cut adamantium easily.

An adamantium bullet pierced Wolverine's skull.

At least it took the combined assault of mjolnir and the Destroyer's own blast to damage it.

Supra
SS cut adamantium easily.

An adamantium bullet pierced Wolverine's skull.

At least it took the combined assault of mjolnir and the Destroyer's own blast to damage it.

That huge sword heated easily like a hot knife through butter!!

Kazenji
Are you actually saying that huge sword is on par with the power of mjolnir and the Destroyer's own blast.... no expression

Supra
Are you actually saying that huge sword is on par with the power of mjolnir and the Destroyer's own blast.... no expression

No, just saying it cut through wolverines claws with with ease. I don't think the destroyers blast would do much to adamentium armour though..

the ninjak
It just went through the spaces between the metal, iirc.

Anyway, her weapon could be made from the same metal.

Thanks for educating the newbs.

Mjolnir has been outright destroyed in canon.

When did forged Uru get destroyed in movie canon?

carver9
The Destroyer can be damaged. When he was stabbed, it didn't just go through the slits in the suits, it opened up a hole.

Kazenji
And where was the hole after it ?

the ninjak
Originally posted by carver9
The Destroyer can be damaged. When he was stabbed, it didn't just go through the slits in the suits, it opened up a hole.

Oh Carver.

SevenShackles
Not sure what the Destroyer is made of in the movie but I'm going to guess Uru. Even if they can't easily damage eachother or damage eachother at all I'd give it to Destroyer as the fight would be the Destroyer repeatedly beating the crap out of the samurai armor until the end of time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.