FPSSJ Goku vs. Meta-Cooler Army

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
FPSSJ Goku from the Cell Games:
http://i.imgur.com/hk5vYbd.jpg

vs.

The Army of Meta-Cooler's seen in DBZ Movie #6:
http://i.imgur.com/zIjpKdn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/98ZND6q.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/K5XmVIY.jpg

Cooler states there are 1,000 drones in his army:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJIx3bZZPSY
(1:10)

-Fight takes place on an indestructible planet devoid of life.
-Goku must permanently destroy every one of the Meta-Coolers to win.
-Meta-Cooler is free to use any abilities he displayed in the movie(inc. regeneration and instantaneous movement.)

Who wins?

juggerman
At first glance i'd like to say Goku wins but since this is you Galan, and i know your DBZ knowledge is vast, i doubt you'd make a thread so easily won. So leaning towards Goku but we'll see.....

Galan007
Granted, Goku is far more powerful than the Cooler army, but he's not so much more powerful as to render all attacks from the Coolers ineffective, imo-- that is to say: I believe the physical and energy attacks delivered by the Coolers could harm Goku to some(likely minimal) extent. Furthermore, while Goku might be more powerful, he is not any faster.

That said, imagine 1,000 Coolers simultaneously blitzing Goku via IT. I could see that many Coolers moving that fast bridging the power gap that exists between them and Goku. Goku's good, but he's not good enough to block every single attack from 1,000 beings moving just as fast as him.

juggerman
Consider me swayed

Galan007
lol

I'm not necessarily saying the Coolers win, but given their numbers and their speed, they could make it one hell of a fight, imo.

Astner
Each power-up in Dragon Ball is immense. Cell went from Piccolo's equal to being completely unfazed by Piccolo's full-powered blast, he then snapped Piccolo's neck.

http://i.imgur.com/3958pDf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oUyqjZz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AcbF5tG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VwVgXPN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SkxY4aa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GBzQV6h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J5BwfFq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x8hL8Oc.jpg

Astner

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
Now Metal Cooler should be weaker than #17 Cell-age Goku and Vegeta(pre-time chamber) were utterly shit-stomped by Meta-Cooler physically. In fact, it took their combined energy attacks just to defeat that one drone.

So I'd say a single Meta-Cooler is definitely on par with 17-- if not slightly superior. And in this battle there would be 1,000 of them blitzing Goku simultaneously via IT.

Astner
#18 destroyed Super Saiyan Vegeta.

Still, #17 and Piccolo couldn't damage 1st Form Post-Human Absorption Cell, #16 who was on par will 1st Form Post-Human Absorption Cell couldn't damage 2nd Form Cell, and 2nd Form Cell couldn't damage Ultra Super Saiyan Vegeta.

So from that I don't see Metal Cooler being able to damage Full-Power Super Saiyan Goku.

Galan007
You're assuming that Goku would receive the same degree of resistance to attacks that Cell did, despite their composition being vastly different-- this is faulty for obvious reasons.

Based
Goku doesn't get hurt at all.

Galan007
Based on what? Genuinely curious.

Has Goku demonstrated imperviousness to injury from 1,000 beings on par with #17 attacking him at FTL speeds before?

Astner
Originally posted by Galan007
You're assuming that Goku would receive the same degree of resistance to attacks that Cell did, despite their composition being vastly different-- this is faulty for obvious reasons.
Goku was able to take Frieza's "Death Beam" to the face as a Super Saiyan, and Ultra Super Saiyan Vegeta took blows from Cell too without getting wounded.

I honestly don't think composition has much to do with defense and resistances in Dragon Ball.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
Goku was able to take Frieza's "Death Beam" to the face as a Super Saiyan, and Ultra Super Saiyan Vegeta took blows from Cell too without getting wounded.

I honestly don't think composition has much to do with defense and resistances in Dragon Ball. You misunderstand me, I think.

I don't believe a single Cooler could cause much damage/harm to Goku at all-- that's why there are 1,000 Coolers in this thread.

That said, I believe an FTL attack from Cooler would do something to Goku--I highly doubt that he could just tank a FTL blow from a #17-level being w/o so much as flinching--but not much, initially. However, even an entirely insignificant amount of damage multiplied by 1,000 is going to add up eventually. That's why I think this could be a good fight.

juggerman
Plus if not completely destroyed, they repair themselves and become even stronger

Based
Because in the entirety of DBZ there are not many instances of someone significantly weaker hurting someone. It doesn't matter if there are 1000 of the, there's no realistic way for 1000 of them to simultaneously land blows on Goku. The only thing the Coolers can resort to are ki blasts in which would probably do more collateral damage than good, especially with teleportation.

ShadeSlayer15
Goku puts up a great fight, but in the end cant win, so he does what Vageta did in the Buu Saga and Kills himself to save the universe,http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Bd41x7V0_dw/hqdefault.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by Based
It doesn't matter if there are 1000 of the, there's no realistic way for 1000 of them to simultaneously land blows on Goku. The only thing the Coolers can resort to are ki blasts in which would probably do more collateral damage than good, especially with teleportation. Simultaneously? Obviously not.

However, it is quite possible for Goku to get punched/blasted from behind by multiple Coolers, as he is defending from several other Coolers attacking him head-on. Like I said earlier: Goku is good, but he can only do so much given that he does not have a speed-advantage here. And just to clarify my stance once more: I don't think a single Meta-Cooler could deal much damage to Goku at all. In fact, he might even be able to tank the first few dozen(or so) blows without so much as a scuff on his skin to show for it.

But again: hundreds/thousands of FTL blows from beings who are no less than equal to Android 17, would add up eventually, imo-- especially when you consider how fast said attacks could logically be delivered, given the speed of this match. For all Goku's power, he does not possess unlimited durability or stamina. He could still absolutely win, but I think it'd be one hell of a fight, regardless.

ShadeSlayer15
Simultaneously? Obviously not.

However, it is quite possible for Goku to get punched/blasted from behind by multiple Coolers, as he is defending from several other Coolers attacking him head-on. Like I said earlier: Goku is good, but he can only do so much given that he does not have a speed-advantage here. And just to clarify my stance once more: I don't think a single Meta-Cooler could deal much damage to Goku at all. In fact, he might even be able to tank the first few dozen(or so) blows without so much as a scuff on his skin to show for it.

But again: hundreds/thousands of FTL blows from beings who are no less than equal to Android 17, would add up eventually, imo-- especially when you consider how fast said attacks could logically be delivered, given the speed of this match. For all Goku's power, he does not possess unlimited durability or stamina. He could still absolutely win, but I think it'd be one hell of a fight, regardless. the meta cooler has unlimited stamina plus their kai dosent decrease no matter how long the fight takes

juggerman
Originally posted by ShadeSlayer15
the meta cooler has unlimited stamina plus their kai dosent decrease no matter how long the fight takes

And they reapir themselves!!!!!

Q99
Meta-Coolers are boss. If one isn't strong enough to be completely immune, they'll eventually overwhelm pretty much any fighter.

Heck, I'm not sure that a SSJ2 could manage, let alone a FPSSJ!

Additionally, there is the possibility of combo attacks.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Heck, I'm not sure that a SSJ2 could manage, let alone a FPSSJ! Hm, though SSJ2 Gohan is far, far, FAR stronger than the Meta-Cooler army, I do wonder how he'd bridge the speed-gap between he and the Coolers? Omnidirectional attack, perhaps?

Master Han
But again: hundreds/thousands of FTL blows from beings who are no less than equal to Android 17, would add up eventually, imo-- especially when you consider how fast said attacks could logically be delivered, given the speed of this match. For all Goku's power, he does not possess unlimited durability or stamina. He could still absolutely win, but I think it'd be one hell of a fight, regardless.

FTL blows?

No DBZ character is faster than light. Unless if you're referring to IT, in which case it's not as if they can all replicate such a tactic on him; not only can Goku move too fast for them to possibly lock onto his chi (given that Tien couldn't even track his movements while he was suppressed against Cell), but there's only a limited amount of coolers that can attack him at once before they run out of space, and after they do so, they can't IT away before Goku kills them, possibly with an omnidirectional energy field. And given that even a 150% difference in power level is enough for the weaker's attacks to be entirely ineffective to any degree whatsoever (ie., SSJ Goku vs. 50% Frieza), it seems unlikely that the coolers can do anything to Goku, especially a FPSSJ Goku with specifically efficient stamina reserves.

As a last resort, Goku can always resort to massive ki blasts that wipe out entire swaths of the army.

Galan007
Originally posted by Master Han
FTL blows?

No DBZ character is faster than light. Unless if you're referring to IT, in which case it's not as if they can all replicate such a tactic on him; not only can Goku move too fast for them to possibly lock onto his chi (given that Tien couldn't even track his movements while he was suppressed against Cell), but there's only a limited amount of coolers that can attack him at once before they run out of space, and after they do so, they can't IT away before Goku kills them, possibly with an omnidirectional energy field. And given that even a 150% difference in power level is enough for the weaker's attacks to be entirely ineffective to any degree whatsoever (ie., SSJ Goku vs. 50% Frieza), it seems unlikely that the coolers can do anything to Goku, especially a FPSSJ Goku with specifically efficient stamina reserves. Yes, IT.

Goku cannot move faster than the Coolers-- IT makes their speed equal.

Like I've said several times now: while in 'IT mode', Goku can only defend against so many attacks at the same time-- 1,000 Meta-Coolers IT'ing around the field simultaneously makes it possible, and moreover probable, for Goku to get cheap-shotted by several Coolers from behind, as he is defending against/attacking several Coolers head-on. I believe this type of damage could add up as the battle progresses.

We've seen weaker characters cause some sort of damage to stronger characters in the past. SSJ2 Vegeta blew Kid Buu in half. Piccolo and Krillin harmed Nappa to an extent. Vegeta injured Recoom to an extent. SSJ Vegeta injured #18 to an extent. Etc. It can happen.

Q99
Hm, though SSJ2 Gohan is far, far, FAR stronger than the Meta-Cooler army, I do wonder how he'd bridge the speed-gap between he and the Coolers? Omnidirectional attack, perhaps?

Wait for them to IT in and counterattack, I'd think.

Omnidirectional, it's not very concentrated, actual kills'd likely be quite light except for ones very close, but it'd be a defensive measure.

But spread out attacks may not be enough to destroy them completely! Not from a FP SSJ.

And more concentrated ones mean other Metal Coolers will be attacking him from the back and sides while he does so.

Swarm and overwhelm is the big problem here.

Master Han
Yes, IT.

Goku cannot move faster than the Coolers-- IT makes their speed equal.

Like I've said several times now: while in 'IT mode', Goku can only defend against so many attacks at the same time-- 1,000 Meta-Coolers IT'ing around the field simultaneously makes it possible, and moreover probable, for Goku to get cheap-shotted by several Coolers from behind, as he is defending against/attacking several Coolers head-on. I believe this type of damage could add up as the battle progresses.

There's a reason why this tactic isn't consistently used by every character with IT in combat. Whilst the actual teleportation may be (effectively) instantaneous, there is a delay in reaction time between deciding to use the technique, locking onto a target and then initiating teleportation, at which point Goku could rip said hesitating Cooler to shreds. And once a Cooler teleports onto Goku (assuming he could even get a lock-on against one likely moving too fast for him to see) and hits him, he wouldn't be fast enough to move away before Goku flings his fist through his head, and possibly wouldn't even be fast enough to hit Kakarot, since there would be a delay between exiting teleportation and moving one's fist to impact.

Your buu example doesn't really work, since bullets penetrated super buu; the villain just has soft, albeit regenerative, skin.

And all your examples involve power gaps significantly smaller than that between Goku and a meta cooler here.

Galan007
There's a reason why this tactic isn't consistently used by every character with IT in combat. Whilst the actual teleportation may be (effectively) instantaneous, there is a delay in reaction time between deciding to use the technique, locking onto a target and then initiating teleportation Did you watch the movie? There was no delay once they started IT'ing.

Master Han
Did you watch the movie? There was no delay once they started IT'ing.

If there were no delay between one IT and another, they'd be moving, without pausing, at effectively instantaneous velocities. They...weren't. wink They IT one place, then there's a delay between one IT and another. Otherwise, any IT combatant would unconditionally defeat any non-IT combatant almost casually.

Galan007
And all your examples involve power gaps significantly smaller than that between Goku and a meta cooler here. During the Saiyan Saga, Krillin had a PL of roughly 1,700. Nappa had a PL of 4,000. Despite Nappa being over 130% more powerful, Krillin was still able to harm him to an extent.

Weaker characters harming stronger characters can and has happened.

If there were no delay between one IT and another, they'd be moving, without pausing, at effectively instantaneous velocities. They...weren't. wink They IT one place, then there's a delay between one IT and another. Otherwise, any IT combatant would unconditionally defeat any non-IT combatant almost casually. Goku isn't blitzing 1,000 Coolers before they all begin to IT. He's never blitzed in such a way. That said, once the Coolers begin IT'ing, the only way for Goku to see them is by IT'ing himself.

Master Han
During the Saiyan Saga, Chiaotzu had a PL of 610. Nappa had a PL of 4,000. Despite Nappa being over 500% more powerful, Chiaotzu was still able to harm him to an extent when he detonated.

Weaker characters harming stronger characters can and has happened.

Chiaotzu used a kamikaze attack; he wasn't hurting Nappa with his punches or ki blasts. From what I recall, there's no evidence that the coolers can do the same; and even then, Goku has a far wider skillset than Nappa and could probably defend himself with an energy shield of some sort. Indeed, all of your examples involve suicides and/or charged attacks that Goku, whose chargers Goku could detect and quickly eliminate.

In terms of punches or ki blasts, none of the coolers are even tickling Goku.

Master Han
Goku isn't blitzing 1,000 Coolers before they all begin to IT. He's never blitzed in such a way. That said, once the Coolers begin IT'ing, the only way for Goku to see them is by IT'ing himself.

No, again: the cooler IT onto a ki source, be it Goku's location or another cooler's, they reappear, and then there's a delay between their locking onto another ki source and initiating the technique.

The actual IT is (effectively) instantaneous; that doesn't mean there's no transitional period.

Galan007
In terms of punches or ki blasts, none of the coolers are even tickling Goku. DBZ history proves you wrong.

I gave you multiple examples of weaker character harming stronger characters-- most of which involved physical attacks. Ignoring them doesn't change the fact that they still happened.

Yet another example is SSJ2 Majin Vegeta harming Fat Buu to an extent with a mixture of punches/blasts-- Buu even commented that Vegeta's melee "hurt a bit." And the difference between Majin Vegeta and Fat Buu was vast.

Weaker characters harming stronger characters has happened in every single DBZ saga. If Majin Vegeta can harm Fat Buu, attacks from an army of Meta-Coolers can harm FPSSJ Goku.

No, again: the cooler IT onto a ki source, be it Goku's location or another cooler's, they reappear, and then there's a delay between their locking onto another ki source and initiating the technique.

The actual IT is (effectively) instantaneous; that doesn't mean there's no transitional period. 1,000 Coolers would be locking onto the same ki source(Goku) simultaneously. I don't think you're getting that.

Master Han
DBZ history proves you wrong.

I gave you multiple examples of weaker character harming stronger characters-- most of which involved physical attacks. Ignoring them doesn't change the fact that they still happened.

Yet another example is SSJ2 Majin Vegeta harming Fat Buu to an extent with a mixture of punches/blasts-- Buu even commented that his melee "hurt a bit." And the difference between Majin Vegeta and Fat Buu was vast.

Weaker characters harming stronger characters has happened in every single DBZ saga. If Majin Vegeta can harm Fat Buu, attacks from an army of Meta-Cooler can harm FPSSJ Goku.

All your examples involved charged attacks and/or suicides. For your new one, the gap between SSJ2 Vegeta and Fat Buu doesn't remotely compare with the gap between meta cooler and post-ROSAT Goku. It can't, because we see that a 150% gap in power makes one utterly untouchable to all but the absolute deadliest attacks (SSJ Goku vs 50% Frieza, SSJ2 Gohan vs FP Cell...if you wish to include anime, SSJ Gogeta vs Janemba, etc.)

Galan007
All your examples involved charged attacks and/or suicides. For your new one, the gap between SSJ2 Vegeta and Fat Buu doesn't remotely compare with the gap between meta cooler and post-ROSAT Goku. It can't, because we see that a 150% gap in power makes one utterly untouchable to all but the absolute deadliest attacks (SSJ Goku vs 50% Frieza, SSJ2 Gohan vs FP Cell...if you wish to include anime, SSJ Gogeta vs Janemba, etc.) You obviously don't know what you're talking about then, because the only example I gave that involved a suicide was the Chiaotzu reference. Either way, a weaker character has harmed a stronger character with standard attacks in every single DBZ saga.

Siayan Saga:
Piccolo and Krillian's punches harm Nappa to an extent.
Frieza saga:
Vegeta's punches harm Recoom to an extent.
Android saga:
SSJ Vegeta's punches harm #18 to an extent.
Cell saga:
ASSJ Vegeta's blast harms Super-Perfect Cell to an extent.
Buu saga:
Majin Vegeta's blows harm Fat Buu to an extent.
Etc. Etc.

Again, you may not like it, but it has happened. Also, your "150% gap in power makes you immune to your opponent" logic has been proven extremely wrong.

Fat Buu's power was near SSJ3 levels. A SSJ3 is 4x more powerful than a SSJ2. Yet despite being nearly 400% less powerful than Fat Buu, Majin Vegeta's punches and standard blasts were still able to harm Buu a bit-- Buu himself explicitly stated this.

We also saw ASSJ Vegeta's cheap-shot blast harm Super-Perfect Cell to an extent. Super-Perfect Cell=~SSJ2 Gohan. A SSJ2 is 2x more powerful than a FPSSJ, which means it was even more powerful than Vegeta, given that he was only an ASSJ, not a FPSSJ... Yet his cheap-shot blast(of which the Coolers would be delivering en masse here) was capable of harming Cell, despite no less than a 200% gap in power existing between them.

_______

Now, if we want to bring up suicide attacks, then I'll mention Imperfect Cell's 'world busting' detonation KILLING FPSSJ Goku. smile

Master Han
You obviously don't know what you're talking about then, because the only example I gave that involved a suicide was the Chiaotzu reference.

Correct...hence why I used "and/or". confused

None of these involve even remotely a power gap on the level of FPSSJ Goku and meta cooler, with the possible exception of ASSJ Vegeta, whose blast caught Cell by surprise, and hardly seemed to "hurt" him as much as shock and stun him.

So then why couldn't Frieza even make SSJ Goku blink? wink

400% may still be a smaller gap. 50% FPSSJ Goku > ASSJ Vegeta (first ROSAT) >> semi perfect Cell >>>> android 16 (who couldn't even phase him with a punch to the face) >>> android 17 ~ meta cooler.

Furthermore, to my knowledge fat buu was hurt by Vegeta when the former was suppressed. Hence why Vegeta thought he could defeat him.

And again, suicide attacks won't work here. Goku has no planet to save, and no long speech to give.

Galan007
So then why couldn't Frieza even make SSJ Goku blink? wink Plot.

Akira was introducing the long awaited Super Saiyan for the first time!! He going to make him look as uber as possible.

400% may still be a smaller gap. Hard to say, as we'd have to know what their specific PL's were.

If we're theorizing...
SSJ Vegeta=300million-- twice as powerful as Frieza saga SSJ Goku seems more than fair.
Android #17/Kamiccolo=600million-- twice as powerful as SSJ Vegeta seems more than fair. For the purposes of this scenario, we'll assume #18 is identical to #17 power-wise.
1st stage Cell=1.2billion-- twice as powerful as #17 seems more than fair.

Given that I don't recall it being stated that Cell's power grew exponentially when he absorbed the androids, I'm going to assume his PL was more logarithmic and increased by the PL of each droid(600million.) So in that case his PL would have increased by 100% and doubled to 2.4 billion after absorbing #17/#18. Heck, even if you throw another 600million on top of that for good luck and assume Perfect Cell's PL was 3billion(again, more than fair), you're still only looking at a 150% increase over his 1st stage form-- which makes Perfect Cell 400% more powerful than #17... And FPSSJ Goku was ultimately much weaker than Perfect Cell(ie. he was less than 400% more powerful than #17.)

That said, if a 400% difference in power is our maximum cap, then it should still be possible for Meta-Cooler(~ #17) to harm FPSSJ Goku to at least some extent(however miniscule)-- especially with a cheap-shot.

....But again: the above is just me theorizing on PLs.

Master Han
Plot.

Akira was introducing the long awaited Super Saiyan for the first time!! He going to make him look as uber as possible.

Yeah...sorry, but dismissing evidence out of hand isn't really going to help your case.

Hang on a second, ignoring the flaws in your later PL speculations, you kind of conceded the point here.

Doesn't Kamiccolo utterly fail to hurt post-human-absorption 1st stage Cell in any meaningful capacity? Even with his hellfire grenade?

To make this assumption would require conceding your point, since android 16 would therefore be >> 50% of 2nd form Cell, yet he can't even phase him with a punch to the face.

Perfect Cell's power-up from his 2nd stage appears to be far more significant than his first, given that he can suppress himself massively and still fight Goku on an even level - when he actually unleashes his full power, the Z warriors are dumbstruck and terrified beyond belief, even with a SSJ2 Gohan at their side.

Remember that 50% FPSSJ Goku > ASSJ Vegeta (Vegeta doesn't hear Goku's words that he's only using half of his power; he senses the power up and is pissed off...and the gap must be pretty huge for even Vegeta to acknowledge) > Semi perfect Cell >> Android 16 >> Android 17 ~ meta cooler.

With cheap shots? Maybe. But it's a stretch to see their pulling off anything fatal or incapacitating.

Galan007
To make this assumption would require conceding your point, since android 16 would therefore be >> 50% of 2nd form Cell, yet he can't even phase him with a punch to the face. The composition of the being in question plays a HUGE factor in what type of damage they can tank. For the most part, Cell was able to tank attacks from beings weaker than himself w/o so much as flinching. Conversely, Majin Buu could be knocked around by characters VASTLY weaker than himself. Etc.

Also, I can only assume that the power gap between ASSJ Vegeta and Super-Perfect Cell was greater than the power gap between Imperfect Cell and #16-- yet ASSJ Vegeta was able to affect Super-Perfect Cell with a cheap shot blast.

Regardless, this argument can clearly go both ways. We've seen stronger characters tank attacks from weaker characters, and we've seen weaker characters harm stronger characters to an extent.

_______

Btw: I only replied to this portion of your post because I would have just been repeating myself over and over again had I replied to the rest of your responses.

With cheap shots? Maybe. But it's a stretch to see their pulling off anything fatal or incapacitating. Like I've said and said and said:
I don't believe a single Meta-Cooler could cause much damage to Goku at all. However, I believe the miniscule amount of damage he can cause may very well add up into substantial damage very rapidly, given the sheer numbers(and speed) we're dealing with.

If you get punched in the arm once it might sting a little, but it's no big deal. Now have that same person punch you in the same spot of your arm several dozen times as fast and hard as they can, and your arm is going to feel like a slab of raw meat when they're done.

Now multiply the power behind those punches(as well as the number of people hitting you) exponentially, add a dash of high-level energy blasts, and apply those cumulative attacks to various portions of your body, and you'll start to understand where I'm coming from with my opinion that the Cooler army could definitely make this a good fight.

juggerman
A good example might be Gohan and Krillin hurting Dodoria and Recoome

Q99
Additionally, a whole bunch of small attacks at once is a good deal worse than the same small attacks repeatedly.

Darth Angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-i3VGOlHI

See at 3m40s.

That's how I see the fight ending (Goku being Piccolo of course, and cyclopian guard the meta coolers).

carver9
Lol...the crazy thing about that movie is, Goku and Cooler was reacting moving at instantaneous speeds. Cooler even grabbed Goku while moving that fast.

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Angel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S-i3VGOlHI

See at 3m40s.

That's how I see the fight ending (Goku being Piccolo of course, and cyclopian guard the meta coolers).

The Coolers are proportionally closer to the opponent than the guard, and Goku won't give much opportunity to charge up bigger attacks. IT means they have a way to escape big blasts too.

carver9
By the way, Cooler should be able to react to Goku. He grabbed him while he was in instantaneous movement.

dadudemon
Fat Buu's power was near SSJ3 levels. A SSJ3 is 4x more powerful than a SSJ2. Yet despite being nearly 400% less powerful than Fat Buu, Majin Vegeta's punches and standard blasts were still able to harm Buu a bit-- Buu himself explicitly stated this.

I would note that Gohan's power, in SSJ2 form, was enough to fill up Fat Buu's power gauge by half.

Vegeta was supposed to be stronger than Gohan.

So Fat Buu would be somewhere between equal to to twice as strong as Majin Vegeta but he would not be exactly twice as strong or exactly equal to Vegeta since Vegeta was supposedly stronger than Gohan but not as strong as Fat Buu. Maaaaan, I could be wrong because I've only read the manga, twice, many years ago. I am basing my opinion off of the anime.

Galan007
^ Makes sense. thumb up

Darth Angel

carver9
I don't think using Fat Buu fight against Vegeta is a legit fight to use, especially since Majin was fresh out of his shell that was holding him and he was adjusting from being trapped for no telling how long.

juggerman
Originally posted by carver9
I don't think using Fat Buu fight against Vegeta is a legit fight to use, especially since Majin was fresh out of his shell that was holding him and he was adjusting from being trapped for no telling how long.

He didn't seem like he was all that out of practice to me. I mean right away he utterly shitstomped Dabura, Kai and Gohan.

Galan007

dadudemon
That said, I cannot agree that SSJ3 Goku was 2-3x more powerful than Fat Buu.

I think it was closer to 2x. big grin

Galan007
I think it was a bit less than 2x, tbh. Just my opinion, though.

Darth Angel
Was it stated that the energy required to release Fat Buu from the Ball was proportional to the amount of energy Fat Buu himself possessed? I don't recall such.

Anyway, we know that SSJ3 Goku could have beaten Fat Buu, but in order to do so he would have had to go "all out". This implies that Fat Buu was at least close to base SSJ3 Goku's level(which is 4x>SSJ2), before he fully powered up. This also explains why Super Buu(who was >> Fat Buu) was also "far stronger" than SSJ3 Goku.

That said, I cannot agree that SSJ3 Goku was 2-3x more powerful than Fat Buu.

I don't want to enter in another pointless and stupid ssj3 goku vs mystic gohan conversation but in no point in manga it was stated that Super boo was far stronger then Fat Boo or Ssj3 goku.

Neither it was implied that Fat Boo was close to Ssj3 goku by the end of the saga. And of course his energy should be proportional, that's why they were trying to get him KI in the first place. Besides there are nothing in the manga that states otherwise, and the Fat boo=2x ssj2 seems quite a possible and consistent number.

juggerman
Originally posted by Darth Angel
I don't want to enter in another pointless and stupid ssj3 goku vs mystic gohan conversation but in no point in manga it was stated that Super boo was far stronger then Fat Boo or Ssj3 goku.

Actually here Goku states Buu is too strong for him even tho he can go SSJ3: http://www.manga2u.me/Dragon_Ball/507/12/

So if Fat Buu was weaker than SSJ3 Goku, and SSJ3 Goku was a little more than "slightly" stronger than Kid Buu, and Kid Buu was date raping Fat Buu i think we can conclude that Super Buu>>>>SSJ3 Goku>>Kid Buu>>>>>>Fat Buu.

Which would surely put Super Buu in the "far stronger" catagory compared to at least Fat Buu. And the fact that Goku wanted absolutely no part of Super Buu shows that he was convinced Super Buu was far stronger than himself

Galan007
thumb up

Goku outright stated that Super Buu was "FAR too strong" for him to even try to fight-- which tells us that Super Buu>>>SSJ3 Goku.

We also know that Goku could have beaten Fat Buu had he not held back(confirmed on panel), and that he also could have beaten Kid Buu "in an instant" had he not squandered his powers during the outset of their battle, which prevented him from fully powering up as a SSJ3(confirmed on panel.)

...And it goes without saying that Mystic Gohan was vastly more powerful than Super Buu.

Thus, Mystic Gohan>>>Super Buu>>>SSJ3 Goku>>Kid Buu/Fat Buu.

dadudemon
I think it was a bit less than 2x, tbh. Just my opinion, though.

As long as you think it was closer to 2x than 4x or 1x, then we pretty much agree. smokin'

Galan007
1.6x sounds about right. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.