All Versus character sorting thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Here is where we'll sort out characters into the tiers they truly belong in.

Let's begin with Master Chief.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Master+Chief

The majority seem to feel he belongs in low meta, and I agree with that. His strength, IIRC is enough to lift two tons over head (Stated in some book or something) and he's also got a stated 20 millisecond reaction time, which is impressive, the suit gives him good survivability and he carries strong sci-fi weapons.

Where do we put Master Chief? If you voted in the other thread you can still vote here. This thread's voting takes precedence.

Phanteros
He should stay low meta. He's more of a peer to people like Spiderman and Iron fist(maybe not fist does have some feats that will put him above).

ScreamPaste
Two for low meta so far. mmm Does anyone have points to discuss about MC that may be being overlooked?

Sacred 117
He also survived a fall from orbit, so there's durability. Low Meta. Anything above would be absurd; anything beneath would be lowballing.

BloodRain
High Street. Those feats are well below the strength and speed of Spider-Man, and his guns don't close that gap.

ScreamPaste
Well, the big thing here is his armour. I can't see Chief taking out most low metas (like Spider-Man) but I can't imagine most high streets taking him down either because of that armour. If he is high street, he's the top of it. mmm

Bane, Batgirl, Batman, Black Panther, Blacklash, Bronze Tiger, Bullseye, Captain America, The Cat, Constantine Drakon, Daredevil, Elektra, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Hush, Kingpin, Lady Shiva, Ravager, Red Skull, Richard Dragon, Rose Tattoo, Taskmaster, Union Jack, Nightwing, Red Hood

How many of them can consistently win against Chief? Not many. It's in low meta where the consistent losses for Chief come:

3-D Man, Ambrose Chase, Angel, Arachne, Arana, Azrael, Beast, Black Canary, Black Tarantula, Blade, Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett), Bruenor Battlehammer, Century, Charcoal, Charlie 27, Constrictor, Creeper, Cyber, Dagger, Deadpool, Deathlok, Deathstroke the Terminator, Doc Ock, Drizzt Do'Urden, Elixer, Falcon, Firehawk, Gambit, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Iron Fist, Jakita Wagner, Karnak, Kid Devil, Killer Croc, Klaw, Lady Deathstrike, Longshot, Luke Cage, Man-Bat, Marrina (Normal), Mercury, Midnighter, Mister Hyde, Multiple Man, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Nuke, Orka Humbug, Prometheus, Protocide, Puck, Puma, Rage, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Swift, Thunder Cats, Tombstone, Triathalon, Vance Astro, Vanguard, Vermin, Vulture, Warpath, Wildchild, Wizard, Wolverine, Wulfgar, X-23

Impediment
Since I'm a Sony fan boy, I can't comment on MC's abilities.

awermm

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Impediment
Since I'm a Sony fan boy, I can't comment on MC's abilities.

awermm
You'll come in handy when it comes time to discuss Kratos, then.

ares834
Master Chief for Low Meta.

Low Meta for me as well. Sure, some low metas can beat him but he can beat plenty of others as well such as Vulture and Killer Croc.

Wei Phoenix
Assuming this is the thread I was working on so I'm going to scrap it but Chief is low meta. Him allegedly not being as strong as Spider-Man doesn't prevent him from entering the tier. He is too durable and strong to be high street, reflexes are way above them and human levels. The guy can easily flip warthogs.

BloodRain
Low Meta then, only for his Armour.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Assuming this is the thread I was working on so I'm going to scrap it but Chief is low meta. Him allegedly not being as strong as Spider-Man doesn't prevent him from entering the tier. He is too durable and strong to be high street, reflexes are way above them and human levels. The guy can easily flip warthogs.
Oh, my bad, man. Don't scrap it. D:

XanatosForever
Low meta sounds about right, even if he's on the low end.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
Low Meta then, only for his Armour.

Everyone will be in their tier only for the reason that put them there.

BloodRain
Meant that its the only thing pushing him into the low-end of that tier.

We all in agreement then?

NotAllThatEvil
Don't seem to be much objections.

ScreamPaste
All right, we'll leave Master Chief's discussion open, but move onto the next character...

Kenshiro! C'mon, Wei, I know you've got something to say about this.

Wei Phoenix
Mid-meta at least, for reasons stated in previous threads. Intimate knowledge of the human body, able to copy the styles and use them perfectly after just watching someone, strength easily in the 100 tons and supposedly exceeding that ten times over, one part being when he effortlessly lifted a rock and carried it uphill without even using all of his strength. Insane reflexes, one of his moves is where he catches an arrow between his fore and middle finger, then flips it around and chucks it at the shooter. He did this to a volley of arrows all at once and hit everyone in the middle of their forehead. If you're a believer of whips breaking the sound barrier and all of that, then he tied Uighur's whips together without him or anyone being able to see it. His fight with Han had them both attacking so fast that at first no one could see it, it appeared as though they were both standing still, Shachi was then able to see it, but I believe he was the only one out of the few people watching. He has immense blunt and physical durability, arrows and blades can pierce his skin.

Musou Tensei is his ultimate technique, some will say that it grants him intangibility and that's not completely incorrect, he can't just willingly walk around or go intangible, it is a counter move, it's exact definition has yet to be fully explained but it's like he transmigrates from one place to another, reincarnation in a way. Someone would punch him and he would just appear somewhere else and can attack while doing this. After fully mastering it he was allowed to fight while in a coma.

He's a tricky character to rate and gauge. To this day I have yet to find a good match for him, he either stomps horribly or loses horribly, best match so far is against Akuma and I'm convinced that the winner is whoever hits the other first. A lot of high metas and maybe even some low heralds would die from one attack from him but what prevents him from being high meta in my opinion is that a lot of them with range would win because of that. As I said Iron Man should win every match unless he decides to try and go h2h or let Ken get an attack. Ken has ranged attacks as well but that's really not enough or even comparable to most others. I can see him in high meta since he would beat a lot of mids, but I'm really fine with him being there. I can provide videos and whatnot of most of these skills if needed.

EDIT: I may be saying mid-meta just to prevent myself from overselling one of my favorite characters and sounding like a biased fanboy. So mid or high, you guys can help decide based off of what I said and the videos I'll provide in a few.

ScreamPaste
Mid-meta at least, for reasons stated in previous threads. Intimate knowledge of the human body, able to copy the styles and use them perfectly after just watching someone, strength easily in the 100 tons and supposedly exceeding that ten times over, one part being when he effortlessly lifted a rock and carried it uphill without even using all of his strength. Insane reflexes, one of his moves is where he catches an arrow between his fore and middle finger, then flips it around and chucks it at the shooter. He did this to a volley of arrows all at once and hit everyone in the middle of their forehead. If you're a believer of whips breaking the sound barrier and all of that, then he tied Uighur's whips together without him or anyone being able to see it. His fight with Han had them both attacking so fast that at first no one could see it, it appeared as though they were both standing still, Shachi was then able to see it, but I believe he was the only one out of the few people watching. He has immense blunt and physical durability, arrows and blades can pierce his skin.

Musou Tensei is his ultimate technique, some will say that it grants him intangibility and that's not completely incorrect, he can't just willingly walk around or go intangible, it is a counter move, it's exact definition has yet to be fully explained but it's like he transmigrates from one place to another, reincarnation in a way. Someone would punch him and he would just appear somewhere else and can attack while doing this. After fully mastering it he was allowed to fight while in a coma.

He's a tricky character to rate and gauge. To this day I have yet to find a good match for him, he either stomps horribly or loses horribly, best match so far is against Akuma and I'm convinced that the winner is whoever hits the other first. A lot of high metas and maybe even some low heralds would die from one attack from him but what prevents him from being high meta in my opinion is that a lot of them with range would win because of that. As I said Iron Man should win every match unless he decides to try and go h2h or let Ken get an attack. Ken has ranged attacks as well but that's really not enough or even comparable to most others. I can see him in high meta since he would beat a lot of mids, but I'm really fine with him being there. I can provide videos and whatnot of most of these skills if needed.

EDIT: I may be saying mid-meta just to prevent myself from overselling one of my favorite characters and sounding like a biased fanboy. So mid or high, you guys can help decide based off of what I said and the videos I'll provide in a few.
From the description of his abilities, I'd be hard pressed to say one or the other. It /sounds/ like high meta stuff with some hax powers thrown in on top of the straight up power he has, but I could see him sitting in high based on that, too. Need more opinions.

Phanteros
I honesty think Kenshiro should be High meta. He can take out majority of the mid meta on hax alone. While he is out classed by people like Iron Man for his range and artillery and Magneto for his electromagnetic spectrum he can base be a entry example of a high meta.

XanatosForever
I can agree with Kenshiro on high meta. He's similar to MC in the sense of being able to top the lower tiers, but being outgunned by higher ends of his tier.

ScreamPaste
Can I count that as three votes for High Meta Kenshiro, then?

XanatosForever
Aye.

Wei Phoenix
Sure, make it stick if no one objects.

ScreamPaste
Upgrading Kenshiro to high meta, then.

ScreamPaste
Next up (noting that all previously discussed characters are still open to being discussed!)

Albert Wesker.

XanatosForever
I'm thinking either Low or Mid meta.

BloodRain
Bullet timer is all im certain on. Need someone to mention his regen and strength level.

ScreamPaste
Mid seems too high to me. Keep in mind Quicksilver is considered mid meta, and consider the gap between them despite their similar power sets.

I'd be comfortable with him at the bottom of meta based largely on it taking well beyond human means to put him down.

Wei Phoenix
Low meta, he's a genetically enchanced human with peak strength, possibly higher. I'm not the best at gauging what's peak human and what's a few notches above it. His speed is insane for human standards. He's not a real threat to metas but he'd wipe the floor with all of the street levelers due to speed and strength.

BloodRain
Bottom of the meta barrel.

ares834
Low meta for Wesker.

ScreamPaste
That's five votes, seems like he's sorted, then. Suggestions for who to discuss next?

Sacred 117
Low Meta. His most notable feat seems to be bullet timing, and that's attributed primarily to his enhancements. Durability is around the same level. Everything else is around peak human. If I had to guess, his lifting capacity would be beneath Master Chief.

ScreamPaste
Six Low Metas for Wesker, then.

Next up:

The Power Puff Girls.

Sacred 117
Mid Meta for all. They basically have a similar power variety to Superman, but just on a significantly lower scale.

XanatosForever
The group, or individually? The former I say low herald. The latter I say high meta.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by XanatosForever
The group, or individually? The former I say low herald. The latter I say high meta. You make a good point, I don't feel like we need separate entries for all three, so let's assume they're identical and list them as a single PPG.

They have some crazy feats, but their average is below them.

Sacred 117
What makes them a collective Herald? Don't they all basically have the same abilities? If you're using a multiplicative method, I can START to see it. Otherwise, you'd need a greater variety of abilities to suggest it.

Sacred 117
What makes them a collective Herald? Don't they all basically have the same abilities? If you're using a multiplicative method, I can START to see it. Otherwise, you'd need a greater variety of abilities to suggest it IMO.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Lol.

The Scenario
Buttercup once lifted a mountain, while Bubbles circled the Earth in 6 seconds. Blossom punched a meteor apart after freezing it.

All three of them have gone FTL and time traveled, though that's more a product of the setting's rules. They've been close to the sun during a solar flare and got the equivalent of a normal sunburn.

I'm going to say High Meta to Low Herald.

ares834
Do they usually operate at that level or are those just their highs?

Sacred 117
Originally posted by The Scenario
Buttercup once lifted a mountain, while Bubbles circled the Earth in 6 seconds. Blossom punched a meteor apart after freezing it.

All three of them have gone FTL and time traveled, though that's more a product of the setting's rules. They've been close to the sun during a solar flare and got the equivalent of a normal sunburn.

I'm going to say High Meta to Low Herald.

Now I'm starting to see it. I'm just not sure which of the two they would be.

Also, I say we discuss Gogeta's rank after this.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ares834
Do they usually operate at that level or are those just their highs?
Those are the highs. They're normally not that crazy. Still very strong though, and casually stomp most giant monsters.

I'm unsure where to put them. Low Herald seems to high, but High Meta can lead to a lot of stomps if we include some of their higher showings.

Wei Phoenix
Bubbles is the best of the three, when she's all hardcore, though they have fluctuating feats. One day they can lift mountains but during things like the DYNAMO episode they couldn't physically harm that monster.

Sacred 117
Casually defeating giants seems a High Meta feat. Hence Cole McGrath should probably be moved. I'd have argued Low Herald if they could consistently peak.

BloodRain
Low to Mid herald

Their greatest trait is speed. When they use it at full blast they have hit near lightspeed, think that was when they went from past the moon to earth, or when they ran so fast they time travelled (even of they rarely move that fast). Besides that they should be town+ /city level, like throwing building sized monsters over the city.

The Scenario
Those are highs compared to the rest of the show, and a few weren't done casually. Buttercup struggled with the mountain, while Bubbles was completely casual and for most of the race; she thought she was just supposed to keep up, and when told it was a race she completely outclassed her opponent. Blossom's was also done casually, she had more trouble figuring out where to hit the meteor than actually shattering it.

The FTL feat was a struggle, and they'd never tried that hard before. The sunburn was implied to be only due to the flare, though it's a bit high for them.

Their average is closer to casual city busting stuff I think, with scattered higher and lower showings. When shown to try, they're a bit higher. Though it isn't the most consistent show by any means.

ScreamPaste
I'm gonna vote low herald for the PPG's.

Sacred 117
Currently, I say High Meta. They seem to lack the consistency necessary for Herald status.

Edit: I forgot we were examining them as a whole. In that case, I'll work with a theoretical 'Gogeta Principle' to make a call for Low Herald.

BloodRain
For the sake of consistency of the high end feats, low herald

ScreamPaste
All right, it's time for Gogeta, Sacred117. I'll mark the PPG's down with three votes so far for Low Herald, but not update yet.

Phanteros
High Meta for PPG

XanatosForever
OMEGA SHENRON

BloodRain
Reconsidering actually.

With mountain strength and FTL speed they ate mid herald.

With their consisted feats of throwing building sized monsters they would be low herald or high meta based mainly on their speed; Massively hypersonic or hypersonic+
it comes down to speed as they don't really have the powers to give them more to work with.

ScreamPaste
1 vote for high meta, 2 for low herald, 1 for mid herald. PPGs remain inconclusive.

Edit: Wait, what are you actually voting, BR?

Sacred 117
Alright. It's been years since I've actually watched DBZ (shame, right sad), so I'm gonna need some help with this one. The first thing I'd like to point out is that he seems to have physics defying durability, being able to casually tank Omega Shenron's punches while suspended in mid-air without moving so much as a centimeter. To add to that, fusion seems to multiply the power levels of both by one another. In other words, Goku x Vegeta = Gogeta. This last one is greatly speculative, but Gogeta is said to rank two slots in the DBZ power bracket above Omega Shenron. I'll have to actually look into that myself. I'll see what else I can find. That's all I've got for now.

BloodRain
Low herald if we use their high end feats, high meta if not. /shrugs

The strongest DB character only gets to mid Herald. GT SS4 Goku was high end massively hypersonic iirc, so at best we can say Gogeta is a relativistic star buster. Lacking the speed or hax to advance.

Sacred 117
I'd say Goku actually peaks at High Herald. SSJ2 Gogeta I'm not sure about. As for speed, just multiply the top speeds for both character and, in theory, you should have it. I would guess SSJ4 at roughly Transcendent, but I probably wouldn't put him beyond that. I see little reason to suggest differently.

Edit: Where does "Star Buster" put him?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I'd say Goku actually peaks at High Herald. SSJ2 Gogeta I'm not sure about. As for speed, just multiply the top speeds for both character and, in theory, you should have it. I would guess SSJ4 at roughly Transcendent, but I probably wouldn't put him beyond that. I see little reason to suggest differently. You can't really just multiply their speed together for the answer, nothing supports an exponential increase like that to my knowledge.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You can't really just multiply their speed together for the answer, nothing supports an exponential increase like that to my knowledge.

It's mostly theoretical, like I said. The last time I looked at it, anyways.

BloodRain
I'd say Goku actually peaks at High Herald. SSJ2 Gogeta I'm not sure about. As for speed, just multiply the top speeds for both character and, in theory, you should have it. I would guess SSJ4 at roughly Transcendent, but I probably wouldn't put him beyond that. I see little reason to suggest differently.

Edit: Where does "Star Buster" put him? Yeah you can't multiply speed like that. Bumping up from the best speed feats they have give his possible speed, and star busting as the greatest feat is DB is large planet busting, so as with speed a fair assumption says that is what it could be.

So many assumptions.. but yeah, the speed and destruction by itself means it fails to deals high herald. From the feats we have, that is.

NotAllThatEvil
never actually saw GT but if he's anything like vegeto, mid herald sounds good.

ScreamPaste
I cannot recall anything in DBZ that comes close to starbusting. no expression

I'm also beginning to think I may have undersold Luna and Celestia. mmm

Sacred 117
I've always safely assumed Goku to be High Herald (at peak). I can't see putting him much lower than that. In turn, the best thing you can do is scale Gogeta up from there. For collective Gogeta, I'd say High Herald or Transcendent. Though Trans may be pushing it depending on where Goku stands. I'm not sure where SSJ God puts him.

NotAllThatEvil
well she was beat by chrysalis's love beam...

BloodRain
Basically from calcs end of Z characters should be able to destroy a planet I believe 20 times that of Jupiter (sketchy calc, but meh), and by powerscaling seeing as SS1 GTGoku could do that, Gogeta here could too. But powerscaling doesnt allow assumptions, so possible star level is the best they'll every get.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
well she was beat by chrysalis's love beam...
That was just the icing on the crap writing cake of that episode, lol.

Season 1 Celestia and Luna were hardcore as ****. Discord was powerful enough to be a credible villain despite this, but Chrysalis just devoured so much love or something. Pet peeve. Originally posted by Sacred 117
I've always safely assumed Goku to be High Herald (at peak). I can't see putting him much lower than that. In turn, the best thing you can do is scale Gogeta up from there. For collective Gogeta, I'd say High Herald or Transcendent. Though Trans may be pushing it depending on where Goku stands. I'm not sure where SSJ God puts him.
Thor and Superman are high heralds, no DBZ character exceeds them.

NotAllThatEvil
babidii said you need 300 kili(or some other measurement) to destroy a planet, and that goku had much more. jut saying...

ScreamPaste
Basically from calcs end of Z characters should be able to destroy a planet I believe 20 times that of Jupiter (sketchy calc, but meh), and by powerscaling seeing as SS1 GTGoku could do that, Gogeta here could too. But powerscaling doesnt allow assumptions, so possible star level is the best they'll every get. Power scaling with DBZ doesn't work well, the series is pretty inconsistent.

Sacred 117
What specifically happened when Goku blasted Cooler into the sun (at SSJ1)? He appear to have destroyed the sun, but I wouldn't argue for it without knowing for sure. Otherwise, it seems purely exaggerated.

Sacred 117
That was just the icing on the crap writing cake of that episode, lol.

Season 1 Celestia and Luna were hardcore as ****. Discord was powerful enough to be a credible villain despite this, but Chrysalis just devoured so much love or something. Pet peeve.
Thor and Superman are high heralds, no DBZ character exceeds them.

Gogeta I'm still self-debating on; Goku wouldn't for certain, but that doesn't necessarily call for scaling Goku down. As said, some characters can exceed others within the same tier.

BloodRain
Okay, to reach high herald goku would need his level of destruction, ftl speeds and many other powers and hax. He only has one of those traits and severely lacks two of them. He cannot be in this tier.

NotAllThatEvil
what about goku with a bag of senzus?

ScreamPaste
Senzus could give Goku an edge in an otherwise close fight, extending his ability to use his SSJ3 form or recover from a beat down ahead of his opponent. It would make no difference in a curb stomp battle like against Thor, though. mmm

XanatosForever
If I recall correctly, any proper fusion achieved through the ritual was more powerful than a fusion by the earrings. Since it was a limited fusion, the power of the character was greater by factors, where as the earrings only generated a character with power of the sum.

Vegito = Vegeta + Goku

Gogeta = 4(Goku + Vegeta)

Sacred 117
Okay, to reach high herald goku would need his level of destruction, ftl speeds and many other powers and hax. He only has one of those traits and severely lacks two of them. He cannot be in this tier.

I'm still off on what qualifies as hax. Otherwise, TK, teleportation, sixth sense, mind reading, etc.

ares834
Gogeta for High Herald.

High end DBZ characters can casually destroy planets. That's something most mid heralds can't do except for on their best days. And, well, Gogeta is well above most high end DBZ characters.

ScreamPaste
I have no position on Gogeta or GT, but I think that's two votes for High Herald.

Sacred117 and Ares834.

One vote for mid

BloodRain.

I miss anyone?

Sacred 117
I'm still speculative on ranks for Goku and Gogeta. Goku's rank will ultimately determine that.

NotAllThatEvil
i voted mid herald...

ScreamPaste
I'm still speculative on ranks for Goku and Gogeta. Goku's rank will ultimately determine that.
All right.
i voted mid herald...
Sorry I missed you, tired and painkiller doped.

That's two for Mid then.

Sacred 117
As far as Gogeta is concerned, the lowest I could go is High Herald. Although, Goku could possibly be the same, but I guess that will be left for another day.

ScreamPaste
As far as Gogeta is concerned, the lowest I could go is High Herald. Although, Goku could possibly be the same, but I guess that will be left for another day.
High Herald is a really wide tier. The top end of the tier where the best lanterns, Supes, Surfer and Thor hang out is still far out of the reach of anything I've seen from DBZ. shrug

So Gogeta, Goku, and the PPG remain undefined so far.

Sacred 117
I'll try to refresh my DBZ info tomorrow. Counting sheep for now. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

XanatosForever
Who else should we discuss then?

ScreamPaste
Back to the PPGs for a moment then.

Votes so far:

1 High meta
2 Low Herald

ares834
High Herald is a really wide tier. The top end of the tier where the best lanterns, Supes, Surfer and Thor hang out is still far out of the reach of anything I've seen from DBZ. shrug

So Gogeta, Goku, and the PPG remain undefined so far.

I'm curious but why?

Even for character such as Superman and Thor destroying a planet is a good feat. Sure, they have feats way beyond that but they have also struggled with far far less. Their average level seems to be around DBZ level.

DBZ characters aren't great physically but their energy attacks more than make up for it IMO. Yes, Supes could probably one shot most DBZ characters with a punch, but at the same time a single energy attack from the higher ups are going to leave Superman in a world of pain.

NotAllThatEvil
May i cast a vote for low herald for the girls.

XanatosForever
High Meta seems like a decent spot for them.

Wei Phoenix
High meta for PPG due to the fluctuating feats, regardless of how you look at those they would fit perfectly there given everything.

COG Veteran
Who else should we discuss then?

I just want to throw in Marcus Fenix. Remember, the guy can completely smash flat a Locust skull even with it's head covered in armor with one stomp of his foot.

NotAllThatEvil
High meta for PPG due to the fluctuating feats, regardless of how you look at those they would fit perfectly there given everything. Are you considering all theirweird powers?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I just want to throw in Marcus Fenix. Remember, the guy can completely smash flat a Locust skull even with it's head covered in armor with one stomp of his foot.

So...what, Mid Street?

SevenShackles
Didn't catch all of the dbz talk since I'm at work.. Night shift.. But Shouldn't they be divided into relevant stages? Such as vegeta = saiyan saga vegeta, namek saga vegeta, android saga vegeta, buu saga/Majin vegeta. If they fall into the same tier hen I'd imagine they would be combined like saiyan/namek saga vegeta. Or what not. Or just pick time frames and go from there like include early versions and end series versions to cover any relevant base level tier changes (not counting any transformations.)

ares834
Just way to many then and we would make the tier list a cluster****. Might as well just use peak.

COG Veteran
So...what, Mid Street?

I guess, might need more people to chime in on that to confirm.

BloodRain
Marcus is mid street.

SevenShackles
Just way to many then and we would make the tier list a cluster****. Might as well just use peak.
True enough, its why i was asking as I was hoping it wouldn't become a dbz dominated listing.

ScreamPaste
I'm curious but why?

Even for character such as Superman and Thor destroying a planet is a good feat. Sure, they have feats way beyond that but they have also struggled with far far less. Their average level seems to be around DBZ level.

DBZ characters aren't great physically but their energy attacks more than make up for it IMO. Yes, Supes could probably one shot most DBZ characters with a punch, but at the same time a single energy attack from the higher ups are going to leave Superman in a world of pain. To be clear I was not voting for a tier in that post, just expressing my opinion on relative power.

DBZ characters are much slower and more fragile than top heralds like Thor, Surfer and Supes. Sure, Thor gets jobbed around in team books on occasion but we're told on occasion Thor holds back when he's on Earth, and his showings off of Earth compared to those on Earth fall in line with that.

DBZ characters have good destructive capability with their ki, but that's their defining trait. Physically they're far less imposing, and tbh I don't see the ki attacks working out against most characters in the tier, either because they won't do enough damage or won't hit at all.

Baron Zemo (w/ Moonstones), Cyborg Superman, Dr. Strange (classic), Doomsday (Gog Wars), The Eradicator (Fortress Mode), Genis-Vell, Green Lantern (Hal, Kyle, Alan), Infinity-Man, Majestic, Moonstone (w/ both stones), Quasar, Qztr, Silver Surfer, Sinestro, Spartan 3.0, Stardust, Superman, Swamp Thing, Talisman, Thor, Zoom II (Hunter Solomon)

Most of these characters either have massive versatility and hax such as Doctor Strange, or a huge edge in overall physical formidability like Supes, or a mix of both like Surfer or Thor. Essentially I just don't think they can split with many characters in the tier at all.

Then you have mid heralds:

Adam Warlock, Alexander Nero, Beta Ray Bill, Binary, Bizarro Superman, Black Adam, Black Bolt, Cable (Full Power), Captain Atom, Circe, Cpt. Comet, Captain Marvel (DC), Count Nefaria, Damien Hellstrom, Etrigan, Evinlea, The Fallen One, Firelord, Firestorm, The Flash II (Barry Allen), The Flash III (Wally West), The Flash IV (Bart Allen), The General (Shaggy Man), General Zod, Gladiator, Green Lantern (Guy, John, Katma, Kilowog), Hulk, Hyperion, Ikaris, Imperiex Probes, Juggernaut (Classic), Kid Omega, Kurse, Lobo, Loki, Magus (Post-IG), Martian Manhunter, Maxima, Metamorpho, Mon-El, Morg, Nate Grey, Orion, Rachel Summers (Phoenix II), Red Shift, Sersi, Shaman, Skreet, Solomon Grundy, Supergirl, Supreme, Terrax the Tamer, Void (Wildstorm, no Creation Engine power), Waverider, Wildfire, Witchfire (Demon Form), Wonder Woman

Beta Ray Bill, Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Classic Juggernaut, etc.

Going by the criteria of 'go up the list until they start splitting and losing' and from what I know of DBZ (not GT) that's mid herald, there are some people in mid that could really wreck saiyan ass, imho.

But that's just me, and I only get one vote. stick out tongue I'm not using it yet, though. So eh.

They'll go wherever you all vote for them to go.

May i cast a vote for low herald for the girls. Originally posted by XanatosForever
High Meta seems like a decent spot for them. Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
High meta for PPG due to the fluctuating feats, regardless of how you look at those they would fit perfectly there given everything.

3 LH
3 HM

Dicks.

BloodRain
Its best to use the most recent showing of a character, so for DB it would be Buu saga and the best form they had at that point

ScreamPaste
Just way to many then and we would make the tier list a cluster****. Might as well just use peak. I agree with this, after Gogeta and Goku I'd like to avoid DBZ characters in this thread for a while, the opinions vary too greatly, we should try to establish the tiers more solidly before we get distracted with that age old debate.

SevenShackles
PPG have many highs and lows, many powers and fluctuating weakness so I'd say low herald with all things considered. They are little Swiss Army knives.

XanatosForever
I'll amend my vote and take it Low Herald if it'll place them for now. The debate can always be brought back up, but it's better to get more characters set.

COG Veteran
I see we've got some Mass Effect characters on the ranks but we might as well place the most important character in that universe somewhere. So where would Commander Shepard be? (unless I overlooked him) High Street?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by SevenShackles
PPG have many highs and lows, many powers and fluctuating weakness so I'd say low herald with all things considered. They are little Swiss Army knives. Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'll amend my vote and take it Low Herald if it'll place them for now. The debate can always be brought back up, but it's better to get more characters set.
5,2. Low Herald it is.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by COG Veteran
I see we've got some Mass Effect characters on the ranks but we might as well place the most important character in that universe somewhere. So where would Commander Shepard be? (unless I overlooked him) High Street?

That's hard to place unless we assume we're referring to the default John Shepard. I'd place him low meta due to tech of the 'verse.

ScreamPaste
So, the PPG's have been added, woo. I have no input on Commander Shepherd.

COG Veteran
That's hard to place unless we assume we're referring to the default John Shepard. I'd place him low meta due to tech of the 'verse.

I believe his canon class is Soldier which has some lower end biotics but nothing as powerfull as Vanguard.

SevenShackles
Template Shepard always came across as a hardcore soldier class type character and one of the best in the mass effect universe. That's definitely high street.
Hell even with biotics taken into consideration, jack is heavily modified and can rip threw a ships hull and only hits low meta for it.

Shepard in high street sounds good thumb up

XanatosForever
Soldiers have no biotic potential. All their abilities are tech based, but that tech is pretty crazy at times.

COG Veteran
Then i'll vote Shepard for high street also.

COG Veteran
Soldiers have no biotic potential. All their abilities are tech based, but that tech is pretty crazy at times.

You're right, my bad, I get the two mixed up. stick out tongue

SevenShackles
Oh I know they have no biotic potential I was simply stating if he had them it shouldn't be a big bump to change tiers. Ppl consider Krogan high street and they have tech, physiology and biotics in their favor.

The tech is pretty crazy but its mostly fire, ice ,warp ammo, concussive/carnage shots, grenades and other stuff I can't seem to remember right now.

ScreamPaste
That's hard to place unless we assume we're referring to the default John Shepard. I'd place him low meta due to tech of the 'verse. Originally posted by SevenShackles
Template Shepard always came across as a hardcore soldier class type character and one of the best in the mass effect universe. That's definitely high street.
Hell even with biotics taken into consideration, jack is heavily modified and can rip threw a ships hull and only hits low meta for it.

Shepard in high street sounds good thumb up Originally posted by COG Veteran
Then i'll vote Shepard for high street also.
Two HS
One LM

So far.

I would like to get some votes on a few characters I have a known interest in, so while we're at it.

Link, Hero of Time (OoT/MM)
Link, Hero of Winds (WW/PH)
Link, Hero of Light (TP)
Link, Hero of Legend (SS)

I vote for Mid Meta across the board.

NotAllThatEvil
i would drop SS to low meta or high street as he doesn't have strength power-ups/feats.

ares834
I think Mid Meta across the board for Link works fine.

All of them have the feats for it and it also simplifies putting them there as we could just list Link in mid meta and not all the incarnations.

Low Meta for Shepard.

The guy is the ultimate warrior of the ME universe. He should at the very least be at the same level as top level biotic users IMO.

ScreamPaste
i would drop SS to low meta or high street as he doesn't have strength power-ups/feats.
Ahah, a wild doubter appears.

SS Link has some great strength showings actually. Ghirahim was strong enough to smash Impa's barriers when she was in her prime, an elderly Impa's barriers held back millions of tons of water.

Link fought Ghirahim back and off the edge of several platforms, and straight up cut Ghirahim's sword in half.

Demise shook an entire valley in his weakened Imprisoned State, and SS Link fought him to a standstill, too.

ScreamPaste
I think Mid Meta across the board for Link works fine.

All of them have the feats for it and it also simplifies putting them there as we could just list Link in mid meta and not all the incarnations.

Low Meta for Shepard.

The guy is the ultimate warrior of the ME universe. He should at the very least be at the same level as top level biotic users IMO.

2 LM for Shep.
2 HS for Shep.

2 MM across the board for Link.
1 LM for SS Link.

NotAllThatEvil
most of that was his magic sword but fine, mid meta across the board.

ScreamPaste
most of that was his magic sword but fine, mid meta across the board.
SS Link survived a volcanic explosion caused by one of the dragons, as well. uhuh!

But thanks.

That's 3 across the board MM's. Woo.

BloodRain
Why is WW in that tier?

ScreamPaste
Why is WW in that tier? What tier do you feel WW Link belongs in?

XanatosForever
What really helps the tech argument for Mass Effect is the flavor text in the game. They really put thought and effort into how things worked and why, for the most part.

Mid Meta is perfect for Link, and helps establish a posterboy for a tier.

What about Mario?

SevenShackles
Link being mid meta sounds fine. I don't believed all links are created equal but they are all near enough to each other to Hang in the same tier.

On Shepard someone said because he is the ultimate warrior of ME he should rank with the top biotics but if he isn't a biotic he shouldn't. Unless we do Shepard by available classes which just seems overly complicated. More so when basic Shepard is soldier class.

BloodRain
Well I was thinking all but OoT would be mid till i remembered that SS thing, so assuming WW has something too..

..and while typing this remembered that low meta would be too weak for even TP Link. So no objections here >.>

ares834
On Shepard someone said because he is the ultimate warrior or ME he should rank with the top biotics but if he isn't a biotic he shouldn't. Unless we do Shepard by available classes which just seems overly complicated. More so when basic Shepard is soldier class.

Nah, I was saying he should be on a similar level to characters like Jack and Samara when it comes to combat. Sure he doesn't have biotics, but his crazy tech and skill makes up for it.

COG Veteran
On Shepard someone said because he is the ultimate warrior or ME he should rank with the top biotics but if he isn't a biotic he shouldn't. Unless we do Shepard by available classes which just seems overly complicated. More so when basic Shepard is soldier class.

Lets look at it this way. Shepard is essentially Marcus Fenix but with Tech powers. That should bump him up to high street unless yall believe i'm underestimating tech powers.

SevenShackles
ah okay then. Sorry for the misunderstanding then Ares.

If his tech is going to be such an issues we should bring up specific tech that would push Shepard over into meta.
I say low meta for wrex and grunt. Krogan shouldn't be on the street lvl.

Edit for COG veteran; I think soldier Shepard is high street. So I agree with you if that's your opinion.

XanatosForever
Link being mid meta sounds fine. I don't believed all links are created equal but they are all near enough to each other to Hang in the same tier.

He does still have feats that give some leeway. He survived a blast from a Reaper's primary gun at damn near point blank range. Those blasts have been shown to consistently cut through the armor and shields of most ships in the 'verse.

SevenShackles
I don't remember him taking a reaper shot point blank. When was that?

ScreamPaste
What really helps the tech argument for Mass Effect is the flavor text in the game. They really put thought and effort into how things worked and why, for the most part.

Mid Meta is perfect for Link, and helps establish a posterboy for a tier.

What about Mario?
Mario is impossible to define. IMPOSSIBLE.

5 Mid Meta votes for Links, woo. Gonna put that in the next update.

XanatosForever
End of the game, after defending the missile battery from the Reaper swarm.

XanatosForever

So...Omega Shenron? haermm

ScreamPaste
So...Omega Shenron? haermm
Seconded.

ares834
ah okay then. Sorry for the misunderstanding then Ares.

If his tech is going to be such an issues we should bring up specific tech that would push Shepard over into meta.
I say low meta for wrex and grunt. Krogan shouldn't be on the street lvl.

Edit for COG veteran; I think soldier Shepard is high street. So I agree with you if that's your opinion.

Why would Krogans be above Shepard? Renegade Shepard shows he has the capabilities to WTF pwn Wrex.

SevenShackles
Why would Krogans be above Shepard? Renegade Shepard shows he has the capabilities to WTF pwn Wrex.

They are physically superior and hard to kill and both grunt and wrex seem to be the best of the lot. Pwn them how? All I remember are a couple of strikes in renegade actions in ME2 that just humiliated Krogan but didn't harm them. If your talking about ME1 the option to kill wrex is done with a gun and is really PIS.

ares834
Yeah, Krogans are superior physically to humans. But Shepard is a far better shot. BTW, the tier rankings have them get their normal gear so Shepard would have his armor and guns.

Here is what I was talking about:

N53MFnndSoI

COG Veteran

Yeah, I was just clarifying my opinion in case anyone was wondering why I vote for High Street. wink

SevenShackles
Yeah, Krogans are superior physically to humans. But Shepard is a far better shot. BTW, the tier rankings have them get their normal gear so Shepard would have his armor and guns.

Here is what I was talking about:

N53MFnndSoI
Oh god..why..why did you show me this!? I never screwed wrex over! Oh damn..
Characters are capable of beating/killing characters above thier teir and missing a shot gun blast at such close range.. Nah I won't call it PIS but yeah Shepard is a surgeon with a gun.

SevenShackles
I remember talk of tier examples based off comic characters. Curious if this is a working list of examples.

Tier examples-

Herald
High- silver surfer, sinestro, dr.strange

Mid- the flash, juggernaut, Wonder Woman

Low- apocalypse, doctor doom, invincible

Meta
High- ironman, colossus, human torch

Mid- venom, quicksilver, ghost rider

Low- Spider-Man, sabertooth, deathstroke

Street
High- captain America, batman, kingpin

Mid- punisher, Robin, joker

Low- black widow, Alfred, riddler

ScreamPaste
I remember talk of tier examples based off comic characters. Curious if this is a working list of examples.

Tier examples-

Herald
High- silver surfer, sinestro, dr.strange

Mid- the flash, juggernaut, Wonder Woman

Low- apocalypse, doctor doom, invincible

Meta
High- ironman, colossus, human torch

Mid- venom, quicksilver, ghost rider

Low- Spider-Man, sabertooth, deathstroke

Street
High- captain America, batman, kingpin

Mid- punisher, Robin, joker

Low- black widow, Alfred, riddler
If I can get this approved by Wei I'll stick this on the tiers.

XanatosForever
The three characters per tier is nice, but are the characters showing the high/mid/low ends of the tiers? That would probably work out really well.

SevenShackles
^ found it kinda hard to do that without naming characters a person more into gaming or anime might not be able to use as a measuring stick. Was also my first jab at it to see if it was even needed or workable as is. If you think any one tier needs adjusting example wise then tell me.
Currently at work despite my active nature on the forums tonight so if I don't reply quick it's because of that.

ScreamPaste
Going to bed,

IIRC currently Shepherd is 2/2 for LM/HS.

Gogeta and Goku still need to be seated.

Back to it tomorrow. Thanks for the help, everyone.

BloodRain
Alright, Goku. How much into a tier does someone need to be to be classified as that tier?

-Take Master Chief being Low Meta. His strength/speed/weapons just about hit Low Meta with his armour definitely in this tier.
-..and Wesker also being Low Meta. His strength is high end High Street, speed and durability fully being Low Meta along with his regeneration pushing him up.

-And to compare someone in this rank, Super Sonic being Mid Herald. Low Herald+ strength with Mid Herald speed/durability. Has fire/lightning/wind/energy manipulation, teleportation, shields to block or deflect, and can slow and/or stop time.
-..and Asura being High Herald. He has Mid Herald+ speed, with High Herald destruction/strength/speed/durability. Comes with energy blasts, regeneration and can ignore most most bodily damage.

-Now for SS3 Goku, even Gogeta. Their ki attacks are High Herald, while their speed/strength/durability are all between lower end and middle of Mid Herald. Adding to this the only abilities/powers are energy blasts and teleporting.

The first four possess several stats of the tier they landed in and only one or two stats below. Goku/Gogeta has a single High stat with everything else the baseline of Mid, with barely any abilities to consider more.

5 Mid Meta votes for Links, woo. Gonna put that in the next update.
Thats French for quitter talk oh2 His physical stats are Low Meta (Mach 1 reactions & building level strength, Spider-Man level), element manip and other abilities could bump it up.

ScreamPaste
Alright, Goku. How much into a tier does someone need to be to be classified as that tier?

-Take Master Chief being Low Meta. His strength/speed/weapons just about hit Low Meta with his armour definitely in this tier.
-..and Wesker also being Low Meta. His strength is high end High Street, speed and durability fully being Low Meta along with his regeneration pushing him up.

-And to compare someone in this rank, Super Sonic being Mid Herald. Low Herald+ strength with Mid Herald speed/durability. Has fire/lightning/wind/energy manipulation, teleportation, shields to block or deflect, and can slow and/or stop time.
-..and Asura being High Herald. He has Mid Herald+ speed, with High Herald destruction/strength/speed/durability. Comes with energy blasts, regeneration and can ignore most most bodily damage.

-Now for SS3 Goku, even Gogeta. Their ki attacks are High Herald, while their speed/strength/durability are all between lower end and middle of Mid Herald. Adding to this the only abilities/powers are energy blasts and teleporting.

The first four possess several stats of the tier they landed in and only one or two stats below. Goku/Gogeta has a single High stat with everything else the baseline of Mid, with barely any abilities to consider more.

Thats French for quitter talk oh2 His physical stats are Low Meta (Mach 1 reactions & building level strength, Spider-Man level), element manip and other abilities could bump it up.
Bowser survived galactic destruction, Mario beats that guy up with his fists.

ScreamPaste
Today we need to sort out:

Commander Shepherd
Cole McGrath
Kain the Vampire
Sarah Kerrigan
Gogeta

For now we'll keep it to Shepherd and Gogeta, but once either one is solved any other one of these is fair game for discussion.

BloodRain
Didn't the stars or something end up saving everyone?

All of the feats have Bowser being defeated by Building or City-Block things attacks/things.

ScreamPaste

They did not save Bowser, he actually fell into the vortex.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>