Dante (DMC2) ten bout series (Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Dante fights each Marvel character below. Win or loss he fights the next character fully rested. There's no order to this list. I just want to know how many he can beat decisively.

Ares
Warmachine
The Thing
Abomination
Namor (fight in ankle deep water)
Storm
Starfire
Collossus
Thunderstrike
Gamora

ScreamPaste
I should've named this 9 marvel bouts, and also Starfire. Herp.

Wei Phoenix
Not sure what he could do to Colossus who's bullet proof and very resistant to magic.

BloodRain
Colossus wouldnt be able to touch Dante, but would still tank all but the strongest attacks. Storm would die.

Warmachine
Thunderstrike
The Thing
Abomination
Ares
Namor
Starfire
Gamora

Don't these ones have Mountain-Planetary strength and durability? He'd have the means to avoid all but the lightspeeders, just having little to put the weaker ones down. According to devs this Dante would stomp on megaton level characters, so I could see him defeating those who would be damaged from a megaton blast (likely will be no one lo). Above that and there would be nothing but BFR to suggest /shrugs.

Charlotte DeBel
Starfire is a DC character unless I think of different one.

As for other ones...I can see Dante having troubles with Colossus and Thing in terms of damaging them, ridiculous durability feats are ridiculous.
Abomination...probably gets decapitated.
Ares... I'd PAY to see this fight. Same with Gamora.
Thunderstrike...his hammer is poor man's excuse for Mjolnir, he'll get stomped.
Namor's showings are all over the place. Same with War Machine. But normal showing-ones will probably fall in the name of Great Whitehaireness.

Is the Time Heart allowed in this fight? Cause that will make the things TOTALLY different.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
Colossus wouldnt be able to touch Dante, but would still tank all but the strongest attacks. Storm would die.

Warmachine
Thunderstrike
The Thing
Abomination
Ares
Namor
Starfire
Gamora

Don't these ones have Mountain-Planetary strength and durability? He'd have the means to avoid all but the lightspeeders, just having little to put the weaker ones down. According to devs this Dante would stomp on megaton level characters, so I could see him defeating those who would be damaged from a megaton blast (likely will be no one lo). Above that and there would be nothing but BFR to suggest /shrugs.

Thing takes beatings from the Hulk and Ares has battled with Hercules numerous times. His durability is fine.

BloodRain
Questioning durability made me think.. which one of those could be stabbed by Wolverine? Because what I know about Wolverine is that what he can cut is based off his strength and obviously the claws incredible sharpness.. nowhere near as sharp but the strength difference here is incredible.

Wondering what would happen if some of these got the put on the block.

Wei Phoenix
All of them can be cut by Wolverine, Wolverine only did it once to Colossus and I think he was possessed/amped at the time.

BloodRain
Given that Dante has a trillion times the force of Logan (literally, give or take), how would he with his sharp sword fair?

(accidentally typed "how would his sharp blade cut it"... damn puns sneaking up on me)

Charlotte DeBel
Given that Dante has a trillion times the force of Logan (literally, give or take), how would he with his sharp sword fair?

(accidentally typed "how would his sharp blade cut it"... damn puns sneaking up on me)
I think everybody but MAYBE Colossus will end up decapitated, considering Peter's better strength feats and somewhat of immunity to magic component of Rebellion cuts.
If we put SPEED into equation, then things are veeery different.

Wei Phoenix
Dante is a trillion times stronger than Wolverine...? DMC2 Dante can bench press planets or bust them with a casual punch? Does he have WWH level strength now? Plenty of people stronger than Wolverine and Dante haven't cut nor killed Colossus.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
Starfire is a DC character unless I think of different one.

As for other ones...I can see Dante having troubles with Colossus and Thing in terms of damaging them, ridiculous durability feats are ridiculous.
Abomination...probably gets decapitated.
Ares... I'd PAY to see this fight. Same with Gamora.
Thunderstrike...his hammer is poor man's excuse for Mjolnir, he'll get stomped.
Namor's showings are all over the place. Same with War Machine. But normal showing-ones will probably fall in the name of Great Whitehaireness.

Is the Time Heart allowed in this fight? Cause that will make the things TOTALLY different.
Yeah. I'm on painkillers for a bad ache and it makes me dopey sometimes. This is DC Starfire.

Adamantium breaks the usual rule of cutting based on strength, it's pretty annoying to the part of my brain that insists logic apply to most things.

Anyway, I am of the belief that Namor, Thing, Colossus and Warmachine should all come out on top in the end. Namor has some truly manly showings.

I -think- Starfire and Abomination come out favourably, but my knowledge on them is fuzzy so that's more of a gut feeling.

BloodRain
I think everybody but MAYBE Colossus will end up decapitated, considering Peter's better strength feats and somewhat of immunity to magic component of Rebellion cuts.
If we put SPEED into equation, then things are veeery different. Possible, though I could have sword that the Thing was more durable than Colossus?

When Dante can hit relativistic via Quicksilver? Yeah, the speed demon is back~

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Dante is a trillion times stronger than Wolverine...? DMC2 Dante can bench press planets or bust them with a casual punch? Does he have WWH level strength now? Plenty of people stronger than Wolverine and Dante haven't cut nor killed Colossus. Nah man, the force :T City level/e15 Joules is a trillion times Logan's low superhuman/e5 Joules.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Adamantium breaks the usual rule of cutting based on strength, it's pretty annoying to the part of my brain that insists logic apply to most things.

Anyway, I am of the belief that Namor, Thing, Colossus and Warmachine should all come out on top in the end. Namor has some truly manly showings.

I -think- Starfire and Abomination come out favourably, but my knowledge on them is fuzzy so that's more of a gut feeling. O.o nein? Ive seen many threads where the consensus is that Logan 'could' cut through nearly anything if he had the right force backing it, meaning strength plays its part.

Namor and WarM seems to have the least durability of this class, and non of the ones you mentioned here come close to Dante's speed. I only know about cartoon Starfire.. I miss her..

ScreamPaste
Possible, though I could have sword that the Thing was more durable than Colossus?

When Dante can hit relativistic via Quicksilver? Yeah, the speed demon is back~

Nah man, the force :T City level/e15 Joules is a trillion times Logan's low superhuman/e5 Joules.

O.o nein? Ive seen many threads where the consensus is that Logan 'could' cut through nearly anything if he had the right force backing it, meaning strength plays its part.

Namor and WarM seems to have the least durability of this class, and non of the ones you mentioned here come close to Dante's speed. I only know about cartoon Starfire.. I miss her..
It's part, sure, but almost anything softer than adamantium gets cut simply because 'adamantium is harder', even if Logan clearly lacks the physical strength to cut those things.

Namor only needs to plug Dante once, and he's quite durable, having gone hand to hand with The Hulk favourably on more than one occasion. He's created a tsunami with raw strength that washed over an entire island, IIRC. Barring his low showings my money is on Namor.

BloodRain
It's part, sure, but almost anything softer than adamantium gets cut simply because 'adamantium is harder', even if Logan clearly lacks the physical strength to cut those things.

Namor only needs to plug Dante once, and he's quite durable, having gone hand to hand with The Hulk favourably on more than one occasion. He's created a tsunami with raw strength that washed over an entire island, IIRC. Barring his low showings my money is on Namor. So you don't think someone with a trillion times Logan's output (quadrillions+ with Yamato) could come close to his claws?

That Tsunami gave mountain level force irrc. It'd definitely be a huge challenge to consider, and if he doesn't get a fatality off the bat its unlikely he'd get a second chance with that speed gap.

ScreamPaste
So you don't think someone with a trillion times Logan's output (quadrillions+ with Yamato) could come close to his claws?

That Tsunami gave mountain level force irrc. It'd definitely be a huge challenge to consider, and if he doesn't get a fatality off the bat its unlikely he'd get a second chance with that speed gap.
No. Wolverine's claws cut Thanos with the IG. no expression

BloodRain
Which goes against him needing force behind it..

ScreamPaste
Which goes against him needing force behind it..
Essentially, we should ignore Logan for purposes of camparing Dante to comic characters. Lol.

NemeBro
Dante gets reamed by many of these characters.

Dante can't boast even half the cutting power of Wolverine, who has cut through characters like Hulk or Thor without trouble.

Colossus has manfought Gladiator, taking his blows while delivering his own, in the Dark Phoenix Saga by Chris Claremont. Their manfight was destroying nearby skyscrapers with the shockwaves of their punches. Even though Piotr did lose, this proves he is durable enough to take Dante's all, and strong enough to harm Dante without actually making contact with him. Thunderclap.

Namor, Abomination, Ares, and Thing at least have similar resumes.

BloodRain
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Composite Kratos could beat most levels of Savage Hulk. He's faster, has some hax and his blades won't have a problem cutting Hulk's hide, unless its the very best HulkOriginally posted by BloodRain
Kratos can stab Hulk? Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I'm pretty sure Kratos can stab Hulk, won't do much in the long run though.

confused ?

ScreamPaste
Those are Kratos related posts.

BloodRain
You saying I can't read brah?

ScreamPaste
I'm saying I'm unsure how you plan to make them relevant to this particular thread.

Charlotte DeBel
confused ?
That Dante's stabbing feats with Yamato and likes > Kratos, yet cause Kratos matches most basic "Khornate" definition of "manly" he is somehow perceived as superior stabber?

Demonic Phoenix
He is perceived as the superior stabber because he is physically stronger than Dante by a rather considerable degree.

Whether he is a superior stabber to Dante is another question entirely.

BloodRain
That Dante's stabbing feats with Yamato and likes > Kratos, yet cause Kratos matches most basic "Khornate" definition of "manly" he is somehow perceived as superior stabber?
Maybe if Dante yelled more..

I'm saying I'm unsure how you plan to make them relevant to this particular thread. Because Dante4 is almost a tenth Kratos' strength. This alone becomes questionable if Kratos can do so without issue, equal chances with DT.

And if Kratos and DTDante4 can do so, base Dante2 can.

Oh, and Yamato. Very much Yamato.

ScreamPaste
DMC4 Dante approaches a tenth of the strength of someone stronger than the Titans...?

Demonic Phoenix
Maybe if Dante yelled more..

He needs more than just yelling to emulate his idol.

BloodRain
@DP: He aint shaving that glorious hair if thats what you're thinking :<

@SP: The Titans aren't that much greater than the Savior y'know.

Savior is 210m tall, Cronos is 500m. So he has 13.5x the volume, but Savior being made out of stone makes Cronos around 5x heavier.

Anyhow.. Cronos' best strength from carrying the temple gives him 39.494TJ, the deflection punch I did in the respect thread gives 4.468TJ.

NemeBro
Kratos can beat gods to death with his bare hands.

Gods whom with their death throes can permanently rape the climate of the world and can survive superhuge explosions that dwarf Athens.

BloodRain
What does bloodied knuckles and post-death effects have to do with this?

Demonic Phoenix
@DP: He aint shaving that glorious hair if thats what you're thinking :<

Even metro DmC Dante knows that glorious hair of Dante's is too bishi. uhuh

And Kratos nearly matched the strength of a guy who held up Earth.

NemeBro
What does bloodied knuckles and post-death effects have to do with this? Oh sorry, I forgot that post-death effects only count towards Mundus/when they make Dante look better.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Even metro DmC Dante knows that glorious hair of Dante's is too bishi. uhuh

And Kratos nearly matched the strength of a guy who held up Earth.
Sure, take your fashion advice from that kid and the guy in a loincloth sneer

Nah mang.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Oh sorry, I forgot that post-death effects only count towards Mundus/when they make Dante look better.
I don't recall saying that blast has anything to do with Mundus' physical strength.. the topic at hand here. _joker_

NemeBro
No, Kratos' physical strength just lets him punch to death gods which output and resist city-destroying and beyond effects.

Demonic Phoenix
Sure, take your fashion advice from that kid and the guy in a loincloth sneer

Nah mang.

When that metro kid knows more about trends than Dante does, and that guy in the loincloth gets more action on a daily basis than Dante does in his lifetime, Dante should take their advice. ahah

Yah mon.

BloodRain
Wait, who that Kratos has fisted has resisted a city-buster?

NemeBro
Wait, who that Kratos has fisted has resisted a city-buster? Himself. estahuh

BloodRain
Originally posted by NemeBro
Himself. estahuh Brilliant, spartan rage-induced self-fisting mental images are a go go..

Demonic Phoenix
Wait, who that Kratos has fisted has resisted a city-buster?

Atlas held and resisted a world-destroying star in his hand.

vin

BloodRain

vin
So has Dr. Octopus

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1428675/dr-octagonapus-o.gif

NemeBro

vin thumb up

Also Zeus.

Charlotte DeBel
Havok, a high meta and not the most impressive guy in the tier, contained a small (Eurasia busting) blackhole via plasma cocoon so such feats are HIGHLY contex-based.
And Slaanesh-Khorne rivalry in the previous page gave me a chuckle or two.

Charlotte DeBel
Also a hint. Wolverine's cutting prowess has little to do with his strength (2-3 tons at the VERY wankish best) but with MATERIALS of his claws (Doylist popularity power as feat-driver aside).
Yamato material was always treated as SPECIAL. So somebody is simply too khornate to note anything beyond TEH PUNCHES.

BloodRain
The strength difference of Kratos and 4, with the latters amps/gear should be the same as what Kratos would do to Hulk.

If either would win, that is.

ScreamPaste
Also a hint. Wolverine's cutting prowess has little to do with his strength (2-3 tons at the VERY wankish best) but with MATERIALS of his claws (Doylist popularity power as feat-driver aside).
Yamato material was always treated as SPECIAL. So somebody is simply too khornate to note anything beyond TEH PUNCHES. I see it largely as Popularity Power, even with the explanation of lolAdamantium. No matter how super amazing durable it is, it's still hard to cut other durable things, and Wolverine is not possessed of the kind of strength it should take to cut through Thor or Thing, even with a monomolecular edge.

Charlotte DeBel
I see it largely as Popularity Power, even with the explanation of lolAdamantium. No matter how super amazing durable it is, it's still hard to cut other durable things, and Wolverine is not possessed of the kind of strength it should take to cut through Thor or Thing, even with a monomolecular edge.
Thus if Wolverine cuts something, then dimension-cutting stuff is ought to do this. Also see - Wildstorm Nemesis whose "World Engine" swords (same principle as Yamato) cut Majestic (Superman ripoff).
I think that while looking for feats we need to look for stuff that works on similar principle and not muddle things with Wolvie and his Popularity Power.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_%28Wildstorm%29

Demonic Phoenix
So has Dr. Octopus

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1428675/dr-octagonapus-o.gif

Dr. Octopus and Atlas for High Herald then.

dur313

NemeBro
Havok, a high meta and not the most impressive guy in the tier, contained a small (Eurasia busting) blackhole via plasma cocoon so such feats are HIGHLY contex-based.
And Slaanesh-Khorne rivalry in the previous page gave me a chuckle or two. Comic feats are highly variable due to the comics having hundreds of different writers who work on them.

Kratos does not suffer from this dilemma.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.