Link (TP) attempts Russell Edgington's feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Now substitute Link in place of Russell. Link starts off at the same distance Russell does with Jason patrolling the porch area. How long does it take Link to run up to and disarm Jason. Even if Jason can see Link here he is not allowed to react but more or less do the same actions he did in the video I posted.

How long does it take Link ?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjIJ2WOHYPY

XanatosForever
I'd say about five to eight seconds. Depending.

ScreamPaste
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081001210727/nintendo/en/images/2/23/Clawshot.png

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081001210727/nintendo/en/images/2/23/Clawshot.png He has to run and physically disarm him. Quit trying to avoid the thread question out of personal bias.

XanatosForever
Amended. Two to four seconds.

juggerman
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081001210727/nintendo/en/images/2/23/Clawshot.png

laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Amended. Two to four seconds. Based on what ?

XanatosForever
He could still run and use the momentum of the hookshot's draw to increase his speed.

quanchi112
He could still run and use the momentum of the hookshot's draw to increase his speed. He is not allowed to use any gear to assist him. Russell used his speed and reflexes. That is all that Link is allowed to do here.

XanatosForever
Should you not have mentioned that stipulation beforehand?

quanchi112
Should you not have mentioned that stipulation beforehand? By saying attempting his feat means he has to run up and physically do it in the same manner. Why else would I say Jason cannot see him when he'd obviously notice Link due to how slow he is coming up on him.

So what is your answer ?

juggerman
A few seconds. Maybe 5

BloodRain
That looks around 30 ft?

An athlete can accelerate to 30 ft in 2 seconds.

Incidentally Russell took 0.7 seconds, aka 13m/s speed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
That looks around 30 ft?

An athlete can accelerate to 30 ft in 2 seconds.

Incidentally Russell took 0.7 seconds, aka 13m/s speed. That is easily 50 feet and up three steps. If you feel that is 30 feet you need your eyes checked.

Wei Phoenix
Link succeeds.

BloodRain
Too tired to argue this, lets make it 50 ft then.

Athlete would take 2 seconds to cover 15m

This would then give Russell a speed of 21m/s

ScreamPaste

This would then give Russell a speed of 21m/s
Horses have topped 24.4 m/s

Link rides Epona to victory.

XanatosForever
He's supposed to run, apparently.

ScreamPaste
He's supposed to run, apparently.
I know, but the premise of this thread is so stupid I don't care. I can't recall TP Link running in any cutscenes and he doesn't have defined travel times I can recall, unlike OoT Link for example, who can cross Hyrule in under a minute or something IIRC against the running man, or cross Hyrule field in a night as a child.

TP Link's sprint speed is unknown, /probably/ super human but who cares. Quan seems to think this will help him in the Link v.s. Russell debate, the problem he's having is grasping that speed is completely irrelevant in a fight where you can't hurt your opponent.

Edit: If Link is allowed to roll or run backwards he stomps Russell's time, though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Link succeeds. In how much time ? This thread is designed so he will eventually succeed.

quanchi112

This would then give Russell a speed of 21m/s How long does it take Link ?

You are not getting the point of the thread ? The fastest people in the planet can't run in a blur like fashion or react to bullets once they leave the chamber.

quanchi112
Horses have topped 24.4 m/s

Link rides Epona to victory. This is a concession from you.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is a concession from you. Doesn't look like one.

quanchi112
Doesn't look like one. You tried giving him his horse which demonstrates your complete lack of faith in Link in his own.

Terrific.

ScreamPaste
Actually what I did was highlight that horses run faster than Russell did in that scene. c:

quanchi112
Actually what I did was highlight that horses run faster than Russell did in that scene. c: No, it cannot. Russell is far faster the horse but one thing we agree on Russell and Epona are both so much faster than Link it is embarrassing.

NotAllThatEvil
So you think epona is close to russell's speed?

ScreamPaste
No, it cannot. Russell is far faster the horse but one thing we agree on Russell and Epona are both so much faster than Link it is embarrassing. Epona is faster than Russell in the scene you posted. That has no relation to anything else.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
So you think epona is close to russell's speed? Not even close but faster than Link. Russell is a blur and does not tire unlike Epona.

NotAllThatEvil
How much faster would you say he is compared to epona?

quanchi112
How much faster would you say he is compared to epona? A lot faster.

NotAllThatEvil
Yet they crossed the same distance in similar time?

quanchi112
Epona is faster than Russell in the scene you posted. That has no relation to anything else. No, she is not but that isn't the point of the feat.

He stopped on a dime and disarmed him. The horse starting at that point can't clear that distance in under a second. She doesn't have a running start, genius

quanchi112
Yet they crossed the same distance in similar time? Epona can't start at that point and clear that distance in under a second.

You people are all unbelievably dense. I'm laughing my ass off.

NotAllThatEvil
But with a running start, she can?

ScreamPaste
Epona can't start at that point and clear that distance in under a second.

You people are all unbelievably dense. I'm laughing my ass off. Epona accellerates to full speed in game near instantly if Link gives her a slap on the hindquarter.

quanchi112
But with a running start, she can? That isn't a fair comparison. Russell doesn't get a running head start so again you are wrong. In the exact same comparison she takes far longer than he does.

Zelda fans are the funniest.

quanchi112
Epona accellerates to full speed in game near instantly if Link gives her a slap on the hindquarter. She can't clear that distance in under a second. Keep dreaming. You have the mind of a child. You believe horses can accelerate like Russell can. Hilarious.

I entertained this stupidity long enough.

Russell>>Epona>>poor Link.

NotAllThatEvil
But with that unfair advantage, she's just as fast?

ScreamPaste
She can't clear that distance in under a second. Keep dreaming. You have the mind of a child. You believe horses can accelerate like Russell can. Hilarious.

I entertained this stupidity long enough.

Russell>>Epona>>poor Link.
Epona hits her top speed quickly when Link gives her the ass slap. Her top speed is above Russell's displayed speed, any time wasted accellerating is made back due to her higher speed. She beats Russell to the gun.

quanchi112
But with that unfair advantage, she's just as fast? That is called running. You run as fast as you can as quickly as you can accelerate. Vampires accelerate immediately.

So sorry your wittle horsey can't keep up with Russell.

NotAllThatEvil
Even if she has more time to get up to speed?

ScreamPaste
That is called running. You run as fast as you can as quickly as you can accelerate. Vampires accelerate immediately.

So sorry your wittle horsey can't keep up with Russell.

You said... Wittle horsey...?

http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8457-133588198154.gif

Hm, I can think of a lot of horses who beat Russell to the gun, now that you mention it.

quanchi112
Epona hits her top speed quickly when Link gives her the ass slap. Her top speed is above Russell's displayed speed, any time wasted accellerating is made back due to her higher speed. She beats Russell to the gun. So now you are saying her top speed is above Russell's ?

Provide the feats and let us compare.

This is why I don't respect you at all. Instead of admitting you were wrong you are now making a bigger jackass of yourself.

Horses can't run like or watch bullets move and react to in mid air.

Russell does not tire unlike Epona.

But lets compare I am in the mood to laugh some more.

quanchi112

Hm, I can think of a lot of horses who beat Russell to the gun, now that you mention it. Epona cannot. Quit changing the topic and spamming to cover up your inability to debate.

quanchi112
Even if she has more time to get up to speed? She tires faster. In a race you don't ever let your opponent gain speed before the start of the gun, imbecile.

ScreamPaste
It's definitely above the speed he showed in that scene.

Don't care, and don't want your respect.

I can think of a Horse who can do that and more.

I can think of horses with greater endurance, too.

You want to compare Russell to horses, now? awesome

quanchi112
It's definitely above the speed he showed in that scene.

Don't care, and don't want your respect.

I can think of a Horse who can do that and more.

I can think of horses with greater endurance, too.

You want to compare Russell to horses, now? awesome No, it isn't since he stopped running and disarmed someone.

Races start at the same time. Russell accelerates faster and won't stop.

You won't ever get it.

Prove it.

This is about Epona.

To Epona. You started the comparison to his horse. Now you want to abandon it. You are gutless once again.

NotAllThatEvil
I just want to know if epona's speed and russ' s speed is similar. Start up time is irrelevant.

BloodRain
How long does it take Link ?

You are not getting the point of the thread ? The fastest people in the planet can't run in a blur like fashion or react to bullets once they leave the chamber.
Scroll down on that linked page. Athletes accelerate to 10m in 1.7s, 20m in 2.75s, meaning an athlete could hit 15m in about 2 seconds.

Not even close
It isnt? Because you're asking for specific movement speed and times for Link while posting that scene of Russell's movement, also telling me the distance.

I got the time, so now we have the speed of 21m/s.

This is what you brought up y'know confused

ScreamPaste
Epona moves faster than he did in the scene, she'll overtake him.

Good.

Prove a horse can watch a bullet in mid air, or outrun one? Okay.
52YcluhTsq0

It's about wittle horsies, according to your above post. c:

Epona would beat Russell to the gun.

Sacred 117

Hm, I can think of a lot of horses who beat Russell to the gun, now that you mention it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha trollolololololololololol. laughing laughing

The Scenario
Link calmy walks up behind Jason and taps him on the shoulder. As Jason turns, Link puts out a hand and catches the gun. Jason attempts to pull away, which causes Link to grip the gun's barrel tighter, crushing it as he rips the weapon from Jason's hands. This dislocates both of Jason's arms and breaks nearly all of his fingers.

Link opens his mouth to ask Sookie's whereabouts, and only then does Jason know true fear. Nothing can be heard over the screams, but he appears to understand. At that moment, the vampire Steve Newlin arrives, searching for Russell. Steve is unaware of what Link has done to his partner. Link turns into the vampire's movement, still holding the gun, and shatters the stock on Steve's chest, giving him the True Death via complete bisection with the remains of the barrel.

Jason then tells Link where to find Sookie in between pained spasms, and asks that the hero protect her. Link nods and walks away, discarding the mangled rod of metal that was once a gun. It embeds itself in a nearby tree only after cutting through three others.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by The Scenario
Link calmy walks up behind Jason and taps him on the shoulder. As Jason turns, Link puts out a hand and catches the gun. Jason attempts to pull away, which causes Link to grip the gun's barrel tighter, crushing it as he rips the weapon from Jason's hands. This dislocates both of Jason's arms and breaks nearly all of his fingers.

Link opens his mouth to ask Sookie's whereabouts, and only then does Jason know true fear. Nothing can be heard over the screams, but he appears to understand. At that moment, the vampire Steve Newlin arrives, searching for Russell. Steve is unaware of what Link has done to his partner. Link turns into the vampire's movement, still holding the gun, and shatters the stock on Steve's chest, giving him the True Death via complete bisection with the remains of the barrel.

Jason then tells Link where to find Sookie in between pained spasms, and asks that the hero protect her. Link nods and walks away, discarding the mangled rod of metal that was once a gun. It embeds itself in a nearby tree only after cutting through three others.

The creators of TB should produce a reenacting of this, and the developers of Zelda should allow it, just because. big grin

quanchi112
Scroll down on that linked page. Athletes accelerate to 10m in 1.7s, 20m in 2.75s, meaning an athlete could hit 15m in about 2 seconds.

It isnt? Because you're asking for specific movement speed and times for Link while posting that scene of Russell's movement, also telling me the distance.

I got the time, so now we have the speed of 21m/s.

This is what you brought up y'know confused So they are all slower than Russell. Asking them to disarm Jason after running their fastest also has to be recorded. They would be far less and look stupid after running their fastest try the disarm.

So in conclusion Russell can run faster, accelerate faster, stop on a dime, a d disarm with ease.

quanchi112
Epona moves faster than he did in the scene, she'll overtake him.

Good.

Prove a horse can watch a bullet in mid air, or outrun one? Okay.
52YcluhTsq0

It's about wittle horsies, according to your above post. c:

Epona would beat Russell to the gun. No, she did not. He accelerates faster, can stop on a dime, and disarm before Epona even gets there.

Epona.

You want to change the subject and have abadoned Zelda. You aren't even a Zelda fan. You disgust Hyrule.

Russell is faster than Link's horse he needs because he is a slow weak feeb.

ScreamPaste
No, she did not. He accelerates faster, can stop on a dime, and disarm before Epona even gets there.

Epona.

You want to change the subject and have abadoned Zelda. You aren't even a Zelda fan. You disgust Hyrule.

Russell is faster than Link's horse he needs because he is a slow weak feeb.
Are you trying to change what happened in the scene? He moved slower than Epona can. Epona would beat him to the gun. Grats, Russell got outdone by a horse.

And I'm pointing out other horses now who can do the same.

BloodRain
So they are all slower than Russell. Asking them to disarm Jason after running their fastest also has to be recorded. They would be far less and look stupid after running their fastest try the disarm.

So in conclusion Russell can run faster, accelerate faster, stop on a dime, a d disarm with ease. I dont know what youre saying there.

Okay? No one was saying that Russell's /running/ speed was faster than Link's, I believe youre mistaking this with reactions.

Well, no one was until you pressed 21m/s as being legit..

quanchi112
I dont know what youre saying there.

Okay? No one was saying that Russell's /running/ speed was faster than Link's, I believe youre mistaking this with reactions.

Well, no one was until you pressed 21m/s as being legit.. Russell acceleterates faster, and can run faster in general than humans. Humans also can't run and disarm Jason anywhere near as quickly as Russell.

quanchi112
Are you trying to change what happened in the scene? He moved slower than Epona can. Epona would beat him to the gun. Grats, Russell got outdone by a horse.

And I'm pointing out other horses now who can do the same. No, he moved faster and is a blur unlike Epona's fastest feats.

Prove she can. Support it with a feat.

This is about Link not other horses. I allowed Epona due to Link's dependence on her since he is a confirmed slow sissy.

BloodRain
Russell acceleterates faster, and can run faster in general than humans. Humans also can't run and disarm Jason anywhere near as quickly as Russell.
" Okay? No one was saying that Russell's /running/ speed was comparable than Link's, I believe youre mistaking this with reactions"

So I guess congrats on pointing out something we all knew?

Though you supporting 21m/s wont go down well. Abort.

quanchi112
" Okay? No one was saying that Russell's /running/ speed was comparable than Link's, I believe youre mistaking this with reactions"

So I guess congrats on pointing out something we all knew?

Though you supporting 21m/s wont go down well. Abort. Russell has instantaneous speed and can stop on a dime. No athlete on the planet can come close to his fear nor can Link.

Me like.

BloodRain
Lol okay I'm going to have to ask the obvious.. what is the purpose of this? To say that the guy who blitz-runs around fast can run around fast? To say that the person who doesnt blitz-run doesn't run around fast? Two things everyone is in agreement with?

Me like that you're supporting a 21m/s Russell smile

quanchi112
Lol okay I'm going to have to ask the obvious.. what is the purpose of this? To say that the guy who blitz-runs around fast can run around fast? To say that the person who doesnt blitz-run doesn't run around fast? Two things everyone is in agreement with?

Me like that you're supporting a 21m/s Russell smile To show how much faster Russell is than Link. It isn't even close. People have argued Link's horse which is much faster than Link is also slower than Russell Edgington.

BloodRain
Who has ever said Link can run faster than Russell?

quanchi112
Who has ever said Link can run faster than Russell? Paste says Link is faster.

BloodRain
Paste says Link is faster.
Has Scream ever stated that Link can run faster?

quanchi112
Has Scream ever stated that Link can run faster? He said faster in general. Russell's reflexes are beyond him as well. He said Epona can run faster than Russell. He's biased if you haven't figured it out yet.

BloodRain
He said faster in general. Russell's reflexes are beyond him as well. He said Epona can run faster than Russell. He's biased if you haven't figured it out yet.
So because Scream says that Link has faster reflexes, you make a thread about Link's running speed?

quanchi112
So because Scream says that Link has faster reflexes, you make a thread about Link's running speed? He said faster in general. This is also Russell's combat speed and reflexes. Most beings can't accelerate instantly and do what Russell can with relative ease. It demonstrates his combat speed which is on another level than any slow Zelda character.

BloodRain
He said faster in general. This is also Russell's combat speed and reflexes. Most beings can't accelerate instantly and do what Russell can with relative ease. It demonstrates his combat speed which is on another level than any slow Zelda character. I know his Link arguments, and none talk about the impressivnes of his running speed. Makes the thread kind of pointless.. maybe if you made a reflex test?

quanchi112
I know his Link arguments, and none talk about the impressivnes of his running speed. Makes the thread kind of pointless.. maybe if you made a reflex test? Russell is showing off his reflexes in the feat. Vampires can run and react before humans can react. Same goes for Link. For this feat Link would need to run first and then react after slowing himself down.

I could care less about what you think is of merit and what you think is pointless.

BloodRain
Russell is showing off his reflexes in the feat. Vampires can run and react before humans can react. Same goes for Link. For this feat Link would need to run first and then react after slowing himself down.

I could care less about what you think is of merit and what you think is pointless. Cool, too bad the argument is that Link has superhuman reflexes, not running speed. Making the tread pointless.

quanchi112
Cool, too bad the argument is that Link has superhuman reflexes, not running speed. Making the tread pointless. Link doesn't have superhuman reflexes on the level of Russell nor his instantaneous speed which is a part of his reflexes as well.

Russell could dance around Link without him ever touching him.

BloodRain
Link doesn't have superhuman reflexes on the level of Russell nor his instantaneous speed which is a part of his reflexes as well.

Russell could dance around Link without him ever touching him. Running and reacting means your reactions are at that speed.

Reactions alone does not mean you can run at that speed.

quanchi112
Running and reacting means your reactions are at that speed.

Reactions alone does not mean you can run at that speed. Which proves Link is not at that level of reaction nor just sprinting speed.

Russell outclasses Link to the point of hilarity. Glad we agree.

BloodRain
Which proves Link is not at that level of reaction nor just sprinting speed.

Russell outclasses Link to the point of hilarity. Glad we agree. It proves that reactions alone do not grant movement speed. The same thing me, Scream, anyone who would argue for Link would agree to.

Can Link run faster than Russell? No. Can Link react to Russell? Yes.

quanchi112
It proves that reactions alone do not grant movement speed. The same thing me, Scream, anyone who would argue for Link would agree to.

Can Link run faster than Russell? No. Can Link react to Russell? Yes. Based on what can he react to someone who can react faster than a bullet ? His feats are complicated movements while Link's are just basic ones.

Prove he can react to Russell while in a blitz.

BloodRain
Based on what can he react to someone who can react faster than a bullet ? His feats are complicated movements while Link's are just basic ones.

Prove he can react to Russell while in a blitz. Do reactions alone grant runnimg speed? Yes or no?

Attack speed + TP arrow speed + what can tag Russ.

quanchi112
Do reactions alone grant runnimg speed? Yes or no?

Attack speed + TP arrow speed + what can tag Russ. Running speed and disarming are a complicated series of movements far beyond anything Link has reacted to or can process based off his history.

Prove it. Quit just saying stupid shit or a baseless claim and act like its actually debating. Prove Link can process or react to someone who has faster reactions to a bullet while Link is pressed in a slow sword fight.

BloodRain
Running speed and disarming are a complicated series of movements far beyond anything Link has reacted to or can process based off his history.

Prove it. Quit just saying stupid shit or a baseless claim and act like its actually debating. Prove Link can process or react to someone who has faster reactions to a bullet while Link is pressed in a slow sword fight.
Dont go on a tangent, answer the question.

Like saying velocity pwns all? :T Ingame speed has his spin attack moving several times faster than a human, Scream has the gif. Besides dodging point blank normal arrows granting that 'human blitzing speed', TP ones are faster than normal.

quanchi112
Dont go on a tangent, answer the question.

Like saying velocity pwns all? :T Ingame speed has his spin attack moving several times faster than a human, Scream has the gif. Besides dodging point blank normal arrows granting that 'human blitzing speed', TP ones are faster than normal. Gameplay mechanic. How quickly you dishonest posters cite gameplay mechanics while ignoring them when you want to.

Why are TP ones faster than normal ? Do I need to view the canon cutscene to judge the time of the arrows ?

Russell moves behind a bullet speed.

No proof their arrows are faster than bullets. laughing out loud

Velocity matters, kiddo.

You want to hype up unquantifiable strength feats as the end all be all and ignore everything else.

BloodRain
Gameplay mechanic. How quickly you dishonest posters cite gameplay mechanics while ignoring them when you want to.

Why are TP ones faster than normal ? Do I need to view the canon cutscene to judge the time of the arrows ?

Russell moves behind a bullet speed.

No proof their arrows are faster than bullets. laughing out loud

Velocity matters, kiddo.

You want to hype up unquantifiable strength feats as the end all be all and ignore everything else.
/emotional

Sure, just find the cutscene of Link's arrows.

And nah, gameplay mechanic =/= specific scripts like this.

Yes, physics matters, glad you've finally joined the boat.

quanchi112
/emotional

Sure, just find the cutscene of Link's arrows.

And nah, gameplay mechanic =/= specific scripts like this.

Yes, physics matters, glad you've finally joined the boat. Yes, you are.

We are talking about arrows traveling at Link not some gameplay mechanic.

That's just for portrayal and used with common sense. The arrows mechanic forces the player to sword kill him. Use some common sense and quit being dishonest,

To a point but not when you start nerd matching the place up.

BloodRain
Yes, you are.

We are talking about arrows traveling at Link not some gameplay mechanic.

That's just for portrayal and used with common sense. The arrows mechanic forces the player to sword kill him. Use some common sense and quit being dishonest,

To a point but not when you start nerd matching the place up. Hard to hear over all the "youre not paying attention to me! Youre dishonest! :<" rants.

No we're not, you are. I'm talking about Link's arrows in relation to his physical rival, Dorf.

Yes, Dorf's portrayal is that in two battles he's shown the capability to dodge Link's arrows.

Meaning you'll stop running when very basic maths comes up?

quanchi112
Hard to hear over all the "youre not paying attention to me! Youre dishonest! :<" rants.

No we're not, you are. I'm talking about Link's arrows in relation to his physical rival, Dorf.

Yes, Dorf's portrayal is that in two battles he's shown the capability to dodge Link's arrows.

Meaning you'll stop running when very basic maths comes up? You are.

No canon cutscenes there so not canon. laughing out loud

No, that is a gameplay mechanic which forces player to sword fight. Canonically he is hit by arrows,

You can't prove your maths you can only speculate.

smile

BloodRain
Is this ones of those rubber-glue things? Am I to expect a yo momma joke now?

Like with beast Ganon who can be hit in multiple ways, arrows included, who also shows the skill to start dodging arrows?

Maths can be proved.. being the whole point of maths.

quanchi112
Is this ones of those rubber-glue things? Am I to expect a yo momma joke now?

Like with beast Ganon who can be hit in multiple ways, arrows included, who also shows the skill to start dodging arrows?

Maths can be proved.. being the whole point of maths. Yes, but can also be hit by arrows until the game play forced you to beat him another way.

You have no idea what these things weigh due to it being fictional. Without the writer of the story telling us they just end up being unquantifiable weights. Most comic versus are well past this Stone Age way of debating. Evolve for crying out loud.

BloodRain
Was half expecting that yo momma joke, sad times.

To which he effortlessly teleports away from. Consistency tastes good.

The guy who is scared of numbers who is sticking to a dated debating style cannot talk about evolving, sorry if you can't deal with it. And do you know why numbers are better than your guessing? Because otherwise we have guys looking at a small car, then looking at something as tall as an an elephant to then state with absolute certainty that lifting the car is better than lifting the large beast. Besides being baffling, its an idiotic stance even without using numbers.

Without crying about maths again, is a large thing heavier than a small thing?

quanchi112
Was half expecting that yo momma joke, sad times.

To which he effortlessly teleports away from. Consistency tastes good.

The guy who is scared of numbers who is sticking to a dated debating style cannot talk about evolving, sorry if you can't deal with it. And do you know why numbers are better than your guessing? Because otherwise we have guys looking at a small car, then looking at something as tall as an an elephant to then state with absolute certainty that lifting the car is better than lifting the large beast. Besides being baffling, its an idiotic stance even without using numbers.

Without crying about maths again, is a large thing heavier than a small thing? Not canon. Canon for him to be beaten by arrows.

Using unquantifiable feats as the basis for a debate is something you should have evolved past 1 year into debating. There's a reason your video game versus died. Comic versus thrives to this day.

We know they are heavy but by comparison Bo can do so when he has the boots as can Link.

BloodRain
Canon that he can dodge arrows.

It died because there are more comic nerds than game nerds, that as always been the way. Then again 6 years of guessing, bravo.

Are you stating that large beast is as heavy as a horse?

quanchi112
Canon that he can dodge arrows.

It died because there are more comic nerds than game nerds, that as always been the way. Then again 6 years of guessing, bravo.

Are you stating that large beast is as heavy as a horse? Wrong. Canon he is defeated.

Game nerds destroyed their own forum. Most comic book readers play games. laughing out loud

I am saying fictional beasts or characters are unquantifiable. Bo also can do what link can.

BloodRain
Canon that he still dodges arrows. Does this repeating thing ever work for you? Feels tiresome.

What does that have to do with there being far more comic nerds than game nerds? In my time here there have only been just over a dozen main posters, who were scarcely there before maths ever came up. But y'know, congrats on being part of a larger nerd circle? Best pick-up line right there.

Do you think that huge beast is lighter than a horse? Simple question with no maths needed. Is that massive animal heavier than the small one?

quanchi112
Canon that he still dodges arrows. Does this repeating thing ever work for you? Feels tiresome.

What does that have to do with there being far more comic nerds than game nerds? In my time here there have only been just over a dozen main posters, who were scarcely there before maths ever came up. But y'know, congrats on being part of a larger nerd circle? Best pick-up line right there.

Do you think that huge beast is lighter than a horse? Simple question with no maths needed. Is that massive animal heavier than the small one? In beast form. Bullets are faster than arrows, buttercup.

I guarantee I'm in better shape, look better, and have pulled hotter ass than you could dream of.

Unquantifiable. Undeniable.

BloodRain
"In beast form" Cool, admitting he can do so.

Single, 34, lives on forums. See now we're getting personal, sad times :<

Its nice when you run from simple questions. You may as well say Russell is stronger than Avergers!Hulk's leviathan punch as its weight is unknown.

quanchi112
"In beast form" Cool, admitting he can do so.

Single, 34, lives on forums. See now we're getting personal, sad times :<

Its nice when you run from simple questions. You may as well say Russell is stronger than Avergers!Hulk's leviathan punch as its weight is unknown. He has the ability though don't think it is canon but its another example of gameplay forcing you to do something.

Nah, just post when I can. While your wife is thinking about other men enjoy your marriage.

laughing out loud

No, as they are portrayed as stronger against peers, etc. link nah.

BloodRain
Already admitted he can do so, now backtracking?

A wife? You know I'm 21, right? Btw stark contrast to your "marvel at my post count proving how much time I spend here".

Link isnt portrayed as having the raw strength to lift Gorons? As both Bo states?

Darkstorm Zero
You gotta be kidding me Quan... Exact same insults , different targets in a different section of KMC. You are about as original as a nail.

quanchi112
Already admitted he can do so, now backtracking?

A wife? You know I'm 21, right? Btw stark contrast to your "marvel at my post count proving how much time I spend here".

Link isnt portrayed as having the raw strength to lift Gorons? As both Bo states? I don't spend as much time as someone like Paste does but I post a lot more than he does.

Link isn't strong enough on his own just like Bo wasn't.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
You gotta be kidding me Quan... Exact same insults , different targets in a different section of KMC. You are about as original as a nail. And here you are being emotional as always.

Darkstorm Zero
And here you are being emotional as always.

And here you are being an assclown as always...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/38541558_zpsec17466a.jpg~original

quanchi112
And here you are being an assclown as always...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/38541558_zpsec17466a.jpg~original Look, stick to the topic. Trash talk amidst a debate is ok but you're just here to stir the pot.

Darkstorm Zero
Look, stick to the topic. Trash talk amidst a debate is ok but you're just here to stir the pot.

This isn't pro wrestling Quan, trash talk is not justifiable, you uneducated dolt. You obviously don't like it when your spoken to as you speak to others, IOW, you can dish it out, but cannot take it, and this has not changed either.

So please, do go on and explain why;

I guarantee I'm in better shape, look better, and have pulled hotter ass than you could dream of.

This, and;

Nah, just post when I can. While your wife is thinking about other men enjoy your marriage.

laughing out loud

This, are justifiable in any part of KMC.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/dis-gun-be-gud_zps4110d12e.gif~original

Trash talking is one thing, direct personal insults are another, and you've had this explained to you very recently already.

quanchi112
This isn't pro wrestling Quan, trash talk is not justifiable, you uneducated dolt. You obviously don't like it when your spoken to as you speak to others, IOW, you can dish it out, but cannot take it, and this has not changed either.

So please, do go on and explain why;

This, and;

This, are justifiable in any part of KMC.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/dis-gun-be-gud_zps4110d12e.gif~original

Trash talking is one thing, direct personal insults are another, and you've had this explained to you very recently already. I should report you for this attack. I asked you to stick to the thread topic. Let go of the hate. smile

Reply to the thread topic. smile

ScreamPaste
The irony of Quan reporting someone else for 'attacks' should not go unnoticed.

quanchi112
The irony of Quan reporting someone else for 'attacks' should not go unnoticed. I did not I said I should but I can take it. I also want to just stick to the thread topic.

Darkstorm Zero
I should report you for this attack. I asked you to stick to the thread topic. Let go of the hate. smile

Reply to the thread topic. smile

Please do, because my record is clean, while yours is as full of holes as your debating style.

You changed your stance within your first reply to this thread, your OP didn't disallow gear originally, and you insulted right out of the gate and did a massive goalpost shift, thus proving you are incapable of having an honest debate.

ScreamPaste
I can take it.
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002212353/522883223_1537991_george_takei_oh_my_super_xlarge.png

quanchi112
Please do, because my record is clean, while yours is as full of holes as your debating style.

You changed your stance within your first reply to this thread, your OP didn't disallow gear originally, and you insulted right out of the gate and did a massive goalpost shift, thus proving you are incapable of having an honest debate. No, the feat is attempted in the same manner as Russell with his speed and coordination. That's plain as day. Reread it again.

quanchi112
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002212353/522883223_1537991_george_takei_oh_my_super_xlarge.png Insults but not thread derailment based out personal hatred. Now stick to the topic.

ScreamPaste
Insults but not thread derailment based out personal hatred. Now stick to the topic.
Hatred's a stronger emotion than I can waste on an internet troll, lol. I'll be digging this quote up the next time you follow me into threads you have no place in or you start derailing the OTT with your attention whoring.

Darkstorm Zero
No, the feat is attempted in the same manner as Russell with his speed and coordination. That's plain as day. Reread it again.

The title of the thread indicates that he attempts to disarm Jason, it does not say HOW Link should attempt this anywhere in the OP, and if you wanted something that specific, it begs the question as to why you would ask. Russell and Link are two very different beings with different skillsets powers and experiences, why would you restrict one character to doing exactly what another character did in order to achieve the same result?

It was a poorly executed attempt to stack the deck, Quan, and you had a temper tantrum right from the get go when you failed to make anything clear. it's the exact same old story repeating itself endlessly whenever your precious ego gets burned.

quanchi112
Hatred's a stronger emotion than I can waste on an internet troll, lol. I'll be digging this quote up the next time you follow me into threads you have no place in or you start derailing the OTT with your attention whoring. How long does it take Link to replicate the feat ?

ScreamPaste
0.01 seconds.

Interestingly, Epona would beat Russell to it as well.

quanchi112
0.01 seconds.

Interestingly, Epona would beat Russell to it as well. Based on what ?

BloodRain
I don't spend as much time as someone like Paste does but I post a lot more than he does.

Link isn't strong enough on his own just like Bo wasn't.
Your SP thing is getting a little Tsundere..

Have you not admitted that Link's physical strength (as in throwing a mass, not stopping momentum) is not affected or enhanced by the Iron Boots?

quanchi112
Your SP thing is getting a little Tsundere..

Have you not admitted that Link's physical strength (as in throwing a mass, not stopping momentum) is not affected or enhanced by the Iron Boots? Heaviness stops their momentum and makes them dead weight. He isn't strong enough to stop them without the heaviness the boots provide.

quanchi112
The title of the thread indicates that he attempts to disarm Jason, it does not say HOW Link should attempt this anywhere in the OP, and if you wanted something that specific, it begs the question as to why you would ask. Russell and Link are two very different beings with different skillsets powers and experiences, why would you restrict one character to doing exactly what another character did in order to achieve the same result?

It was a poorly executed attempt to stack the deck, Quan, and you had a temper tantrum right from the get go when you failed to make anything clear. it's the exact same old story repeating itself endlessly whenever your precious ego gets burned. How long does it take Link to run up to and disarm Jason. Even if Jason can see Link here he is not allowed to react but more or less do the same actions he did in the video I posted.

Pretty clear and yes it is stated. smile

Now reply to the clear thread topic and quit telling me how you failed to comprehend it over and over.

Darkstorm Zero
How long does it take Link to run up to and disarm Jason. Even if Jason can see Link here he is not allowed to react but more or less do the same actions he did in the video I posted.

Pretty clear and yes it is stated. smile

Now reply to the clear thread topic and quit telling me how you failed to comprehend it over and over.

No, seriously...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/5cbviw_zpsd69d9389.jpg~original

I once again point out that you never disallowed gear until after you had a tantrum.

congratulations on proving you are incapable of being clear.

quanchi112
No, seriously...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/5cbviw_zpsd69d9389.jpg~original

I once again point out that you never disallowed gear until after you had a tantrum.

congratulations on proving you are incapable of being clear. It says Link has to run up to.

Run
move at a speed faster than a walk, never having both or all the feet on the ground at the same time.
"the dog ran across the road"
synonyms: sprint, race, dart, rush, dash, hasten, hurry, scurry, scamper, bolt, fly, gallop, career, charge, shoot, hurtle, speed, zoom, go like lightning, go hell-bent for leather, go like the wind, go like a bat out of hell; More
flee, run away, run off, run for it, take flight, make off, take off, take to one's heels, make a break for it, bolt, make one's getaway, escape;
informalbeat it, clear off

When someone says race me here. Do you pull out a slingshot and peg him in the head and say you never said no gear.

laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
It says Link has to run up to.

*Snip*

Begging the question.

Why would Link need to run up and disarm someone when he has about 1,000 different ways to accomplish the same result?

Ya know, your still throwing around loaded questions like this, and you do it in every debate, from Khan to Kahn to Edgington, in the 2 years I've known you, you've not changed one bit. Example, "Link isn't strong because of boots!" This is total bullshit. The boots provide a counterweight to be sure, but Link is the actual pendulum, and it is in fact his strength that enables him to actually LIFT that Goron and throw him. Hell, it would take Link epic strength to move around in those boots as it is.

ScreamPaste
Begging the question.

Why would Link need to run up and disarm someone when he has about 1,000 different ways to accomplish the same result?

Ya know, your still throwing around loaded questions like this, and you do it in every debate, from Khan to Kahn to Edgington, in the 2 years I've known you, you've not changed one bit. Example, "Link isn't strong because of boots!" This is total bullshit. The boots provide a counterweight to be sure, but Link is the actual pendulum, and it is in fact his strength that enables him to actually LIFT that Goron and throw him. Hell, it would take Link epic strength to move around in those boots as it is. We've been trying to drill this into his head forever. He'll twist anything to try and lowball.

Darkstorm Zero
We've been trying to drill this into his head forever. He'll twist anything to try and lowball.

Yes, another pattern he has always had is to use single instances to downplay anything he debates against, even if it is a total outlier.

BloodRain
Several above and everything under 'More' in that definition snip don't mention leg movement..

He isn't strong enough to stop them without the heaviness the boots provide.
AKA Link is strong enough to lift up a Goron. Its easier if you just say that.

Darkstorm Zero

BloodRain
So even I could lift that Goron if wearing those fancy boots? Golly, mister, that sounds super keen.

Darkstorm Zero
So even I could lift that Goron if wearing those fancy boots? Golly, mister, that sounds super keen.

Indeed! but only if you purchase Quan Logic and Creative interpretation, otherwise you will be defaulted to the real world logic and physics, and thus break your legs even trying to move!

ScreamPaste

Darkstorm Zero

quanchi112
Begging the question.

Ya know, your still throwing around loaded questions like this, and you do it in every debate, from Khan to Kahn to Edgington, in the 2 years I've known you, you've not changed one bit. Example, "Link isn't strong because of boots!" This is total bullshit. The boots provide a counterweight to be sure, but Link is the actual pendulum, and it is in fact his strength that enables him to actually LIFT that Goron and throw him. Hell, it would take Link epic strength to move around in those boots as it is. You started out by saying I was not clear to now complain about the thread itself after I proved you wrong. smile

Just stick to the thread topic. smile

How long does it take Link iyo to run the same distance and disarm Jason Stackhouse ?

quanchi112
Several above and everything under 'More' in that definition snip don't mention leg movement..

AKA Link is strong enough to lift up a Goron. Its easier if you just say that. He is not heavy enough to stop their momentum or stand his ground. He needs to cheat in order to do so. Canon fact.

Darkstorm Zero
You started out by saying I was not clear to now complain about the thread itself after I proved you wrong. smile

Just stick to the thread topic. smile

How long does it take Link iyo to run the same distance and disarm Jason Stackhouse ?

You failed to rebut my point.

"Concession Accepted!"

quanchi112
So even I could lift that Goron if wearing those fancy boots? Golly, mister, that sounds super keen. No, but someone with superhuman strength could. You can't rip out a spine like Russell can you ? Is he a regular human being ? laughing out loud

Darkstorm Zero
He is not heavy enough to stop their momentum or stand his ground. He needs to cheat in order to do so. Canon fact.

But he is strong enough to lift said Goron over his head and throw that MFer a few dozen meters, anchors don't alter how much weight you can snach-lift Quan. Canon Fact, Link can lift and toss several tonnes of rock, more than a match for anything Russell has ever done pure strength wise.

quanchi112
But he is strong enough to lift said Goron over his head and throw that MFer a few dozen meters, anchors don't alter how much weight you can snach-lift Quan. Canon Fact, Link can lift and toss several tonnes of rock, more than a match for anything Russell has ever done pure strength wise. Link is strong enough to toss their dead weight but he needs the heaviness of the boots to stop their momentum aka cheating.

Russell rips bodies apart and Bo also defeated Gorons with the boots. Geared aided feat. Russell doesn't need gear for his impressive feats which Bo also replicated. smile

Darkstorm Zero
Link is strong enough to toss their dead weight but he needs the heaviness of the boots to stop their momentum aka cheating.

The boots are the anchor, but links body is the pendulum, the fact that he stays upright during the impact and not get his spine and legs shattered by the Goron's impact should explain it to you a thousand fold. Apparently this escapes you.

Russell rips bodies apart and Bo also defeated Gorons with the boots. Geared aided feat. Russell doesn't need gear for his impressive feats which Bo also replicated. smile

So, ripping apart sacks of meat is more impressive than throwing several tonnes of stone? Are you taking your medication properly? Your horrid logic is showing.

quanchi112
The boots are the anchor, but links body is the pendulum, the fact that he stays upright during the impact and not get his spine and legs shattered by the Goron's impact should explain it to you a thousand fold. Apparently this escapes you.

So, ripping apart sacks of meat is more impressive than throwing several tonnes of stone? Are you taking your medication properly? Your horrid logic is showing. Not how it works in Zelda since cannons fire you off into the sky as some ride. Boots are too heavy and stop their momentum and Link tosses the dead weight. Bo also beat them due to the boots. Both needed the boots. Undeniable.

Prove it is several tons. Link does not rip apart bodies ever even with the Master Sword.

Darkstorm Zero
Not how it works in Zelda since cannons fire you off into the sky as some ride. Boots are too heavy and stop their momentum and Link tosses the dead weight. Bo also beat them due to the boots. Both needed the boots. Undeniable.

SO. F**KING. WHAT?

This line does not prove that Link's strength is in question, only his weight and leverage. What is it about this that you don't understand?

Prove it is several tons. Link does not rip apart bodies ever even with the Master Sword.

SO. F**KING. WHAT?

So, link does not rip apart bodies, that does not mean his own strength feats are not several orders of magnitude stronger than Russell's.

BloodRain
He is not heavy enough to stop their momentum or stand his ground. He needs to cheat in order to do so. Canon fact.

Have you or have you not stated/admitted/confirmed that Link does have the strength to lift up a Goron? Not stopping its roll, not anything else.. just the raw lift.

No, but someone with superhuman strength could. You can't rip out a spine like Russell can you ? Is he a regular human being ? That was a joke broski :T

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.