Best partner for Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Who would be the best partner for Superman, for reasons of not having him run in every time they got into trouble fighting his typical rogues, keeping up with him in terms of mobility, tech savvy, and general experience. None are perfect, but they all have qualities that would help to keep threat levels down.

Let's assume that none on the list has ever met or worked with Superman, but are more than willing to.

Captain Marvel (DC)
The Hulk (Banner plays his part, the Hulk plays his)
Silver Surfer
Thor
Gladiator
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally)
Quasar (Elvis)
Nova (Richard Rider)
Sersi

Who would be his best partner on this list?

JBL
Thor.

carver9
Thor.

Without using anyone on the list...Nova Prime.

golem370
Silver Surfer for amping reasons and Captain Marvel because of Magical defense reasons.

carver9
When Captain Marvel and Superman team up, it tends to be boring.

golem370
I am just going by Superman being effected by Magic and Captain Marvel using magic.

Mindship
Surfer. Both have high regard for life (ie, not killing), and they contrast best in appearance and fighting style. Plus, because Superman is extremely creative with his own powers, imagine what he could suggest that Surfer try with power cosmic ("Look: staying in the air without support is easy; you don't have to fall every time your board is knocked out from under you..."wink

golem370
Superman and Sersi would be fun because the chance their offspring would be badass

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindship
Surfer. Both have high regard for life (ie, not killing), and they contrast best in appearance and fighting style. Plus, because Superman is extremely creative with his own powers, imagine what he could suggest that Surfer try with power cosmic ("Look: staying in the air without support is easy; you don't have to fall every time your board is knocked out from under you..."wink
thumb up
A team-up of Surfer and Superman would be ****ing badass. Not usual hero vs hero. I want a Superman: Peace on Earth type comic where the writer explores their heroic sides, how noble they are and just how much power they wield that if they ever let themselves go it would be the end of the world.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
When Captain Marvel and Superman team up, it tends to be boring.
Your face is boring.

uhuh

"Id"
Deadpool

LeonBuco666
That would he an hilarious partnership.
I can imagine how annoyed they would be with eachother
Clarks goody two shoes behaviour, fail at humour
Deadpools 'i dont give a ****' behaviour and his sadistic humour
Not to mention deadpools reputation to consistently break the fourth wall, i can see it now
Deadpool "this guy is a buzzkill, how can u stomach this idiot"
Superman "listen spiderman last time we met we all know how that ended, lets try and make it last this time"
Deadpool " i.....aint.....f**cking spiderbitch!"
laughing out loud i would love tobsee that happen

Tony Stark
Superman could be SENTRY's Robin

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Superman could be SENTRY's Robin *chuckles*
Nice.

carver9
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Superman could be SENTRY's Robin

This guy always know what he is talking about. Thumbs up bro.

pym-ftw
Prof X in a baby carrier on Supes back

LeonBuco666
Damn pym, thats heavy! laughing out loud

carver9
Cant be anyone from DCNU. Superman cant think of anyone outside of Hal and Wonder Woman that can stop 26000 pound satellite from falling.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot_zps2460b88a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/snapshot2_zpse0196782.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Mindship
Originally posted by abhilegend
thumb up
A team-up of Surfer and Superman would be ****ing badass. Not usual hero vs hero. I want a Superman: Peace on Earth type comic where the writer explores their heroic sides, how noble they are and just how much power they wield that if they ever let themselves go it would be the end of the world. That's what I love about these two characters: they really embody the saying, "Of all manifestations of power, restraint impresses men most." It's the ultimate cool (imho).

JayDaDon
thumb up
A team-up of Surfer and Superman would be ****ing badass. Not usual hero vs hero. I want a Superman: Peace on Earth type comic where the writer explores their heroic sides, how noble they are and just how much power they wield that if they ever let themselves go it would be the end of the world.

Yup

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/data/media/555/Silver_Surfer__Superman.jpg

Tony Stark
Originally posted by carver9
This guy always know what he is talking about. Thumbs up bro.

Happy Dance

abhilegend
That's what I love about these two characters: they really embody the saying, "Of all manifestations of power, restraint impresses men most." It's the ultimate cool (imho).
Yes, they do. The lack of stories where Surfer finally lets out and owns shit is depressing.

Mindship
Yes, they do. The lack of stories where Surfer finally lets out and owns shit is depressing. **still waiting for a "Herald Madness" arc**

abhilegend
**still waiting for a "Herald Madness" arc**
Just pray Thor doesn't guest star in it.

Mindship
Just pray Thor doesn't guest star in it. laughing out loud

Word.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.