Thor vs Hal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alias Stone
Thor and Hal swap their respective weapons and spend the next year battling each others enemies and nemesii.

After the year is up they have a brawl

Both at the Peak of their Game
Full Brutality
No BFR/PIS/CIS/CIP

Best of 11 matches

There are no limitations to the more extreme uses of their powers only if you think that they can learn to do them in the time allotted

Also who it's the strongest person that they can defeat with a ring/mjolnir combo

Digi
Hal fails to make it through the year. Thor takes over the DCU.

ODG
So in other words, Hal spends a year giving himself hernia trying to lift Mjolnir and failing.

Wei Phoenix
Technically wouldn't he be able to wield the hammer if the two swap? I feel it's like Thor giving him consent to use his hammer.

Digi
Originally posted by ODG
So in other words, Hal spends a year giving himself hernia trying to lift Mjolnir and failing.

Basically this, yes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Digi
Hal fails to make it through the year. Thor takes over the DCU.

thumb up

Someone like Thor with a Green Lantern Ring is pretty beastly. Hal's still pretty competent but I won't be surprised if Loki gets him the moment the opportunity arises.

Alias Stone
Hal is allowed to pick up the hammer

I would have thought that would be clear seeing as how thisis am the pointe of the thread

Mindset
Wolverine kills Hal almost as easily as he kills Thor.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Alias Stone

I would have thought that would be clear seeing as how thisis am the pointe of the thread

Got a little frustrated at the end?

Mindset
Lol

kgkg
Thor wins. I think this is a very good match for Thor because of energy redirection/absorption.

pym-ftw
^Didn't read the Op?

Thor is a HH without Mjoinir
Hal is not even peak human without his ring.

kgkg
Originally posted by pym-ftw
^Didn't read the Op?
Never do. Maybe I should.

ODG

I would have thought that would be clear seeing as how thisis am the pointe of the thread Ok.

Cap slaps Hal and makes him hand it over to him. Hal is spared the hernia he would have otherwise suffered.

Mindset
Originally posted by kgkg
Never do. Maybe I should. Nah.

Alias Stone
Seriously ODG why

Wei Phoenix
Seriously ODG why

Since when did ODG have to answer to you?

abhilegend
^Didn't read the Op?

Hal is not even peak human without his ring.
Thor isn't a HH without mjolnir.

pym-ftw
eek!

Mindset
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor isn't a HH without mjolnir. Superman is high meta without his cape.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
thumb up

Someone like Thor with a Green Lantern Ring is pretty beastly. Hal's still pretty competent but I won't be surprised if Loki gets him the moment the opportunity arises.
Thor would be lucky to create a boxing glove without passing out.

sneer

abhilegend
eek!
He is essentially hercules with some weather manipulation powers. That's not a high herald being.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor isn't a HH without mjolnir. Originally posted by abhilegend
He is essentially hercules with some weather manipulation powers. That's not a high herald being.

Some weather manipulation? We saw him drop Gorr with a summoned lightning bolt and even kill Durok with energy.

Thor has high herald level physical stats and energy projection. Throw in his weather manipulation and that's sufficient.

pym-ftw
Why are trying to lowball? Superman isn't even in this thread...

Without a shield Hal is hard pressed to fight Thor, at best he is Thunderstrike without the experience...

abhilegend
Some weather manipulation? We saw him drop Gorr with a summoned lightning bolt and even kill Durok with energy.

Thor has high herald level physical stats and energy projection. Throw in his weather manipulation and that's sufficient.
Yes, some high end feats don't overrule vast majority of his appearances where he hasn't operated on that level.

He is essentially hercules in stats. That's not enough for being a high herald in stats.Originally posted by pym-ftw
Why are trying to lowball? Superman isn't even in this thread...

Without a shield Hal is hard pressed to fight Thor, at best he is Thunderstrike without the experience...
Who's trying to lowball here?

He isn't thunderstrike. He would at least be masterson thor level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, some high end feats don't overrule vast majority of his appearances where he hasn't operated on that level.

He is essentially hercules in stats. That's not enough for being a high herald in stats.

What the hell are you talking about? Those two story arcs that I referenced make up a huge chunk of Thor's appearances without Mjolnir.

Arguably greater but that's enough to qualify him for High Herald with his Thunder God powers. Besides, even if he was weaker then Hercules, he'd still make the cut.

pym-ftw

So, unless the GL ring corrupts Thor's worthiness this is going to end bad for Hal.

A lot of assumptions have to be made for Hal to not be spite crushed here. And I'm assuming Thor doesn't have a lantern so he just leaves the Ring home...

carver9
What the hell are you talking about? Those two story arcs that I referenced make up a huge chunk of Thor's appearances without Mjolnir.

Arguably greater but that's enough to qualify him for High Herald with his Thunder God powers. Besides, even if he was weaker then Hercules, he'd still make the cut.

Exactly.

abhilegend

Two story arcs or just an issue from Ragnarok and an issue just recently published? You think Thor has never been without mjolnir before and he hasn't been reduced in effectiveness without it? Lulz.

Of course not. Hercules isn't a high herald or even a mid herald. Thor would be a mid herald.

abhilegend

So, unless the GL ring corrupts Thor's worthiness this is going to end bad for Hal.

A lot of assumptions have to be made for Hal to not be spite crushed here. And I'm assuming Thor doesn't have a lantern so he just leaves the Ring home...
Why? Hal would be granted thor's powers here.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Two story arcs or just an issue from Ragnarok and an issue just recently published? You think Thor has never been without mjolnir before and he hasn't been reduced in effectiveness without it? Lulz.

Of course not. Hercules isn't a high herald or even a mid herald. Thor would be a mid herald.

Yes, two story arcs. They've the longest he's gone without the hammer outside his teenage years. He's physically less formidable yes but I'm not arguing that he belongs in the High Herald tier due to his physical stats alone.

So a being with High Herald physical stats and energy projection capable of one shotting beings even above Herald level isn't Herald level? Makes sense. no expression

pym-ftw
Why? Hal would be granted thor's powers here.
Thor & people with Thor's Abilities are two different things.

Do you think Masterson, Thinderstrike, or Ktor are beating Thor w/o Mjoinir?

abhilegend
Yes, two story arcs. They've the longest he's gone without the hammer outside his teenage years. He's physically less formidable yes but I'm not arguing that he belongs in the High Herald tier due to his physical stats alone.

So a being with High Herald physical stats and energy projection capable of one shotting beings even above Herald level isn't Herald level? Makes sense. no expression
Two issues without mjolnir is a large part of Thor's history without mjolnir? Haha.

So Thor regularly oneshots people above him with his lightning and is high herald in stats? What about when Herc was choking him like a *****? Did he oneshot killed him with his durok buster or Gorr buster too?

abhilegend
Thor & people with Thor's Abilities are two different things.

Do you think Masterson, Thinderstrike, or Ktor are beating Thor w/o Mjoinir?

Yes. Masterson stalemated Thor without mjolnir. Red norvell beat his ass down with mjolnir and Thor's power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Two issues without mjolnir is a large part of Thor's history without mjolnir? Haha.

So Thor regularly oneshots people above him with his lightning and is high herald in stats? What about when Herc was choking him like a *****? Did he oneshot killed him with his durok buster or Gorr buster too?

You find that funny, why? Not including the times he's been a teenager, it is a huge chunk. The God of Thunder series is the longest Thor's been without the hammer on panel.

No, but he did beat Hercules with a lightning bolt that he summoned:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16517686_Thor_Blood_Oath_4_05.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16517687_Thor_Blood_Oath_4_06.jpg

So the lowest showing for his lightning without Mjolnir is taking down Immortal Hercules. The other two showings have him taking out Gorr and Durok both beings above Herald level. That's a pretty astounding average for a being who's not High Herald. no expression

Including Thor's weather powers, he's still High Herald without Mjolnir. It's simply too much power and a game changer for him not to be.

abhilegend
You find that funny, why? Not including the times he's been a teenager, it is a huge chunk. The God of Thunder series is the longest Thor's been without the hammer on panel.

No, but he did beat Hercules with a lightning bolt that he summoned:
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16517686_Thor_Blood_Oath_4_05.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16517687_Thor_Blood_Oath_4_06.jpg

So the lowest showing for his lightning without Mjolnir is taking down Immortal Hercules. The other two showings have him taking out Gorr and Durok both beings above Herald level. That's a pretty astounding average for a being who's not High Herald. no expression

Including Thor's weather powers, he's still High Herald without Mjolnir. It's simply too much power and a game changer for him not to be.
Him being longer without mjolnir under a single writer doesn't mean much in the overall depiction of Thor without mjolnir. Also didn't he use godblast on Durok in a a desperate maneuver and Gorr was after he absorbed the God Bomb?

So he beat Herc with a sneak lightning attack and several lighning bolts? That's the high herald power you're talking about? I can always ask the better Thor fan spire about Thor's other showings without mjolnir. I recall Thor's lightning being useless on Radioactive man's shields or some such back then. Killing Durok and beating Gorr isn't his average without mjolnir. Its getting beaten to paste by savage hulk.

vin

So Thor is what, a skyfather with mjolnir? Mjolnir is a ****ing useless tool if Thor is a high herald with or without it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Him being longer without mjolnir under a single writer doesn't mean much in the overall depiction of Thor without mjolnir. Also didn't he use godblast on Desak and Gorr was after he absorbed the God Bomb?

So he beat Herc with a sneak lightning attack and several lighning bolts? That's the high herald power you're talking about? I can always ask the better Thor fan spire about Thor's other showings without mjolnir. I recall Thor's lightning being useless on Radioactive man's shields or some such back then. Killing Durok and beating Gorr isn't his average without mjolnir. Its getting beaten to paste by savage hulk.

vin

So Thor is what, a skyfather with mjolnir? Mjolnir is a ****ing useless tool if Thor is a high herald with or without it.

Who brought up Desak? Young Thor used lightning against Gorr far before modern Thor absorbed the God Bomb.

Actually, it was one big lightning bolt but why does it matter? Hercules was down. I was talking about his weather powers. Also, now that you mention the Hulk, Thor used a lightning bolt to one-shot him as well:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor6fight13.jpg

Like I keep telling you repeatedly: Thor, if we also include his weather powers is most definitely High Herald even without Mjolnir. Simply way too much power there at his disposal. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that he'd win all match ups as I think he'd mostly be a brick but it's simply too much power for him not to qualify for High Herald, sorry.

You could make a separate case for averages as Thor wouldn't necessarily use lightning or other powers very often except as a last resort but that's another disucssion.

abhilegend
Who brought up Desak? Young Thor used lightning against Gorr far before modern Thor absorbed the God Bomb.

Actually, it was one big lightning bolt but why does it matter? Hercules was down. I was talking about his weather powers. Also, now that you mention the Hulk, Thor used a lightning bolt to one-shot him as well:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/hulkthor6fight13.jpg

Like I keep telling you repeatedly: Thor, if we also include his weather powers is most definitely High Herald even without Mjolnir. Simply way too much power there at his disposal. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that he'd win all match ups as I think he'd mostly be a brick but it's simply too much power for him not to qualify for High Herald, sorry.

You could make a separate case for averages as Thor wouldn't necessarily use lightning or other powers very often except as a last resort but that's another disucssion.
Typo. Edited it. And that lightning dropped Gorr? Man, what a pussy if that's true.

Called down by mjolnir and a sneak shot. Earlier in the story Hulk was drooped on his knees after a lightning attack which he saw coming but wasn't knocked out. Thor can knock out people with sneak attacks, alright.

And who said I wasn't using averages here? Thor seldom uses lightning without mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Typo. Edited it. And that lightning dropped Gorr? Man, what a pussy if that's true.

Called down by mjolnir and a sneak shot. Earlier in the story Hulk was drooped on his knees after a lightning attack which he saw coming but wasn't knocked out. Thor can knock out people with sneak attacks, alright.

And who said I wasn't using averages here? Thor seldom uses lightning without mjolnir.

Yes, Gorr is such a pussy, slaughtering entire pantheons like cattle. laughing out loud

Actually, he specifically summons it with a wave of his hand, pay attention. It's almost as if Thor's powers can summon more powerful lightning! Also a sneak attack? Hulk was attacking Thor from behind, lol.

But in almost every situation where he's not had his hammer and physical might was not sufficient, he did use his lightning. smile

abhilegend
Yes, Gorr is such a pussy, slaughtering entire pantheons like cattle. laughing out loud

Actually, he specifically summons it with a wave of his hand, pay attention. It's almost as if Thor's powers can summon more powerful lightning! Also a sneak attack? Hulk was attacking Thor from behind, lol.

But in almost every situation where he's not had his hammer and physical might was not sufficient, he did use his lightning. smile
So he was really dropped by a young thor's lightning? Haha, what a pussy. Slaughtering pantheons is no big deal, Lobo was slaughtering pantheons and Angels of Pax-dei. Darkseid killed entire pantheons and absorbed their powers and he said it was barely worth his attention.

Thor has made such motions before while he was using mjolnir to call down lightning. Yes, it was an attack from the back. Mjolnir amplifies his weather powers, right? Thor used a lightning attack from mjolnir in the same issue and it only brought hulk to his knees.

And it has varying success over the year. It is enough to bring him in the mid tier but without mjolnir nearly every high herald would stomp his ass.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So he was really dropped by a young thor's lightning? Haha, what a pussy. Slaughtering pantheons is no big deal, Lobo was slaughtering pantheons and Angels of Pax-dei. Darkseid killed entire pantheons and absorbed their powers and he said it was barely worth his attention.

Thor has made such motions before while he was using mjolnir to call down lightning. Yes, it was an attack from the back. Mjolnir amplifies his weather powers, right? Thor used a lightning attack from mjolnir in the same issue and it only brought hulk to his knees.

And it has varying success over the year. It is enough to bring him in the mid tier but without mjolnir nearly every high herald would stomp his ass.

Why? As a child, Thor nearly flooded the Nine Realms because of a bad dream. Thor's weather powers are independent of Mjolnir. Technically, all weather based feats even with the hammer count. Okay? Great for Darkseid. Gorr is still a monster.

Scans as I'm having trouble recalling any such other examples. And he summoned the bolt with a wave of his hand. No, Mjolnir does not amplify his weather powers.

What varying success? The only time he's summoned a lightning bolt when he's been bereft of Mjolnir, it has taken out his opponent. no expression

abhilegend
Why? As a child, Thor nearly flooded the Nine Realms because of a bad dream. Thor's weather powers are independent of Mjolnir. Technically, all weather based feats even with the hammer count. Okay? Great for Darkseid. Gorr is still a monster.

Scans as I'm having trouble recalling any such other examples. And he summoned the bolt with a wave of his hand. No, Mjolnir does not amplify his weather powers.

What varying success? The only time he's summoned a lightning bolt when he's been bereft of Mjolnir, it has taken out his opponent. no expression
So Thor is what? A universal being or was that merely a hyperbole?

He isn't if young Thor dropped him. That's a low showing by any account.

I'm sure you erased them from your memory. So Thor's natural lightning>>>mjolnir's lightning? What a ****ing useless tool!

Tell that to Radioactive man.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So Thor is what? A universal being or was that merely a hyperbole?

He isn't if young Thor dropped him. That's a low showing by any account.

I'm sure you erased them from your memory. So Thor's natural lightning>>>mjolnir's lightning? What a ****ing useless tool!

Tell that to Radioactive man.

Thor is a Universal being? Awesome. I don't understand why you think being dropped by a lightning bolt from Thor is a low showing. But whatever, to each his own.

Can you please give me scans or issue numbers of these instances? Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Thankfully, Thor can also summon bolts from the sky. Which have an astounding success rate, particularly when he doesn't use Mjolnir as a focus to lessen their power more efficiently. Thor's weather powers alone would make him Herald level, with his physical stats he's a High Herald.

abhilegend
Thor is a Universal being? Awesome. I don't understand why you think being dropped by a lightning bolt from Thor is a low showing. But whatever, to each his own.

Can you please give me scans or issue numbers of these instances? Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Thankfully, Thor can also summon bolts from the sky. Which have an astounding success rate, particularly when he doesn't use Mjolnir as a focus to lessen their power more efficiently. Thor's weather powers alone would make him Herald level, with his physical stats he's a High Herald.
That's what you're insinuating. Dropped by Young thor, you bet its a low showing.

Not atm. Let me search whatever Thor comics I've got.

So Thor lessened his power by focusing it through mjolnir? Hahaha.

Nope, he would get stomped by any high herald worth his salt. Want me to make a thread about Thor vs either of these

and see how it goes?

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's what you're insinuating. Dropped by Young thor, you bet its a low showing.

Not atm. Let me search whatever Thor comics I've got.

So Thor lessened his power by focusing it through mjolnir? Hahaha.

Nope, he would get stomped by any high herald worth his salt. Want me to make a thread about Thor vs either of these

and see how it goes?

No, I'm telling you what the comic said. You can use that information to reach any personal conclusion you want.

So you made a claim and can't support it with anything? Is that like the time you made the Bor/Odin claim without any evidence? Still haven't received those scans btw. I should get Carver or someone with nothing better to do to compile a list of every time you fail to back up a claim. After it's done, we can have like an intervention, try and cure you of your chronic bullshitting syndrome.

Go ahead, if you think that would prove your point, it's your time not mine. Although that list needs some revamping imo. Hulk, Bill and so on not being on there? I think my standards aren't as high.

abhilegend
No, I'm telling you what the comic said. You can use that information to reach any personal conclusion you want.

So you made a claim and can't support it with anything? Is that like the time you made the Bor/Odin claim without any evidence? Still haven't received those scans btw. I should get Carver or someone with nothing better to do to compile a list of every time you fail to back up a claim. After it's done, we can have like an intervention, try and cure you of your chronic bullshitting syndrome.

Go ahead, if you think that would prove your point, it's your time not mine. Although that list needs some revamping imo. Hulk, Bill and so on not being on there? I think my standards aren't as high.
And its not a hyperbole by any stretch, right?

I don't have much Thor comics left since my laptop crashed. I'm downloading it all at once and the download speed is shitty enough that its only halfway done. I would ask Spire for those scans, don't worry.

I would make it. Your standards aren't high in anything. We already know that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
And its not a hyperbole by any stretch, right?

I don't have much Thor comics left since my laptop crashed. I'm downloading it all at once and the download speed is shitty enough that its only halfway done. I would ask Spire for those scans, don't worry.

I would make it. Your standards aren't high in anything. We already know that.

I guess not.

So you made a claim without absolutely any references or evidence to back it up? Typical. Remember that one time Superman failed to lift a book case? Nope, neither do I but I'll bring it up anyways. Don't worry, I'll ask Carver for scans.

Good point, I should probably stop wasting time with a poster of your quality.

DARTH POWER
Stop lowballing Abhi. When Thor's literally dropped and even knocked out people like Hercules and Thor with a non-Mjolnir Lightning blast, then he clearly is HH level even without Mjolnir especially given the kind of physical stats he has.

abhilegend
I guess not.

So you made a claim without absolutely any references or evidence to back it up? Typical. Remember that one time Superman failed to lift a book case? Nope, neither do I but I'll bring it up anyways. Don't worry, I'll ask Carver for scans.

Good point, I should probably stop wasting time with a poster of your quality.
If you think so, its clearly a hyperbole.

I was referencing from my memory as anyone would. Its not my fault that my laptop crashed and I didn't have the comics to cross check.

The difference is that spire knows more things than you about Thor and carver knows less things about Superman than colossus big c, if that's possible.

I'm not the one who started this debate. I just gave my opinion. You can concede at any point.Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Stop lowballing Abhi. When Thor's literally dropped and even knocked out people like Hercules and Thor with a non-Mjolnir Lightning blast, then he clearly is HH level even without Mjolnir especially given the kind of physical stats he has.
Wat? Now suckershotting someone with lightning is a feat of power? And what about Thor with mjolnir? He is skyfather level?

DARTH POWER
Now suckershotting someone with lightning is a feat of power? And what about Thor with mjolnir? He is skyfather level?

What do you mean suckering? They were in a fight. Hulk was trying to attack Thor from behind, and Hercules was choking Thor out.

Calling suckering is pretty lame abhi. Do you have any idea the kind of power it takes to put Hulk or Herc down? Suckering or not?

Oh and I guess everytime Superman speed blitz, he's just suckering his opponents right?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you think so, its clearly a hyperbole.

I was referencing from my memory as anyone would. Its not my fault that my laptop crashed and I didn't have the comics to cross check.

The difference is that spire knows more things than you about Thor and carver knows less things about Superman than colossus big c, if that's possible.

I'm not the one who started this debate. I just gave my opinion. You can concede at any point.

Actually, its very much your fault. Stop referencing stuff that you can't support. It's just downright deceitful. Shit like this should be worth a ban.

That's debatable, but besides the point. Also, I find it hilarious how you mocked me for asking Galan a question but here you are, literally relying on a poster that even rarely visits this board and isn't even part of this discussion to provide evidence of your alleged evidence.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
What do you mean suckering? They were in a fight. Hulk was trying to attack Thor from behind, and Hercules was choking Thor out.

Calling suckering is pretty lame abhi. Do you have any idea the kind of power it takes to put Hulk or Herc down? Suckering or not?

Oh and I guess everytime Superman speed blitz, he's just suckering his opponents right?
They were attacked from behind at their backs, its the definition of a sucker shot.

I know. Hulk was pretty much fine from a direct lightning attack in the same story.

Not if they saw it coming.

abhilegend
Actually, its very much your fault. Stop referencing stuff that you can't support. It's just downright deceitful. Shit like this should be worth a ban.

That's debatable, but besides the point. Also, I find it hilarious how you mocked me for asking Galan a question but here you are, literally relying on a poster that even rarely visits this board and isn't even part of this discussion to provide evidence of your alleged evidence.
Not really. You think giving Thor a loss against anyone is banworthy too.

Asking for help isn't asking for something which was stated several times by both me and galan. I didn't know me mocking you hurt you so much. Poor baby..........

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really. You think giving Thor a loss against anyone is banworthy too.

Asking for help isn't asking for something which was stated several times by both me and galan. I didn't know me mocking you hurt you so much. Poor baby..........

You don't think making claims and not being able to support them at all should be something that is penalized? That says a lot about you.

Actually, it's very similar but besides the point, I just enjoy pointing out your double standards. I just hope you're a troll and not genuinely making these arguments.

abhilegend
You don't think making claims and not being able to support them at all should be something that is penalized? That says a lot about you.

Actually, it's very similar but besides the point, I just enjoy pointing out your double standards. I just hope you're a troll and not genuinely making these arguments.
Not if they don't have it atm. If they refuse to produce evidence, is a different matter.

IOW, you're still butthurt calling me troll and whatnot. I hope you're not as much of a jackass in real life.

dial J for Josh
Thor uses that year of training to get drunk and have fun with some ladies. Then once fight day occurs he uses his ring to make a replicant of mjolnir then beats Hal senseless like nothing happened.

celeyhyga17

After Thor destroys Hrinmeer's fire sword, he meets him in equal footing using his "other hammers". He even KO's him with a lightning punch! Hope u don't think this was a cheap shot too.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer18.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer19.jpg

Btw, that was a "young" Gorr who hasn't yet fully learned how powerful the Annihilblade really is as was referenced later in the arc.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
After Thor destroys Hrinmeer's fire sword, he meets him in equal footing using his "other hammers". He even KO's him with a lightning punch! Hope u don't think this was a cheap shot too.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer18.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsHrinmeer19.jpg

Btw, that was a "young" Gorr who hasn't yet fully learned how powerful the Annihilblade really is as was referenced later in the arc.
And who the **** is this guy Thor KOED?

Knew rage was omitting something.

celeyhyga17
And who the **** is this guy Thor KOED?

Knew rage was omitting something.
He was the half-breed son of a demon lord from Musphelheim who raped an elven woman from Alfheim. So he's half fire demon and half elven.

When he grew up, he slew his pops and took his flame sword for his own. He then slaughtered whole populations of Asgardians and put their villages to the torch.

abhilegend
He was the half-breed son of a demon lord from Musphelheim who raped an elven woman from Alfheim. So he's half fire demon and half elven.

When he grew up, he slew his pops and took his flame sword for his own. He then slaughtered whole populations of Asgardians and put their villages to the torch.
And why should I be impressed with Thor knocking him out? What feats does he have?

Silent Master
Nice to see that abhi hasn't got tired of trolling Thor related topics.

abhilegend
Haha, snake-eyes is accusing somebody for trolling?

laughcry

celeyhyga17
And why should I be impressed with Thor knocking him out? What feats does he have?
No one that involves famous characters, but his power was implied in his appearances. He slew his father a demon lord and slaughtered countless Asgardians.

You made a statement that Thor rarely uses lightning without using Mjolnir. Ure wrong... He does.

In those rare occurrences where he is not using Mjolnir, he actually draws upon his natural abilities as a thunder god.

Killemall
Why was the Hulk unable to resist a lighting bolt?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Killemall
Thor class lightning bolt.

cool

Killemall
I should have known. big grin

deathslash
Even if hal had Thor's hammer and thor had nothing I'd say that he wins. Giving Thor the Ring is just evil. Thor wins via creating hundreds of energy constructs of his Asgardian brethren.

Zack Fair
LOL Thor imagines a bat and starts swinging away like he usually does.

Anyways Thor wins.

abhilegend
No one that involves famous characters, but his power was implied in his appearances. He slew his father a demon lord and slaughtered countless Asgardians.

You made a statement that Thor rarely uses lightning without using Mjolnir. Ure wrong... He does.

In those rare occurrences where he is not using Mjolnir, he actually draws upon his natural abilities as a thunder god.
Implied power takes you only so far.

I didn't say he doesn't use it on average. I said it doesn't elevates him to high herald level.Originally posted by Killemall
Sucker-shot. Earlier in the same story, hulk took a lightning strike and was only on his knees for one panel.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16520244_ThorvsHulk43.jpg http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16520245_ThorvsHulk44.jpg

Though Rage said that mjolnir actually lessens Thor's power to rationalize it.

laughing out loud

Silent Master
Back to the topic, Thor wins.

Philosophía
Thor is a HH without Mjoinir laughing out loud

Half a dozen low-heralds alone would cleave his anus in half.

Thor would be the worst Green Lantern, ever. Hal would will the enchantment away from the hammer, giving Odin diarrhea.

pym-ftw
Name them please.

Philosophía
Name them please. Cassandra Nova, Doomsday (DoS), Graviton, Iceman, Magneto, Manchester Black, Nova (Richard), Power Girl, Vulcan.

More than half a dozen, and that's just at a glance.

Alias Stone
Who would be the strongest person that a God of Thunder/Green Lantern can defeat

Alias Stone
Hal Odinson
Vs
Thor Jordan

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not if they don't have it atm. If they refuse to produce evidence, is a different matter.

IOW, you're still butthurt calling me troll and whatnot. I hope you're not as much of a jackass in real life.

Refusing to produce evidence and presenting evidence that you cannot support are in essence the same thing. Actually, it's worse as you can just make up shit. For example, I know you lied about Bor dying and giving his power to Odin like you claimed.

I'm butthurt for hoping you're just trolling but then you go out and just outright call me a jackass? facepalm

Bentley

no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus

DARTH POWER
They were attacked from behind at their backs, its the definition of a sucker shot.

I know. Hulk was pretty much fine from a direct lightning attack in the same story.

Not if they saw it coming.

LOL What difference does it make if his Lightning hits them behind or the front? That's how Thor's Lightning works, he can hit them from any angle. Your making out Thor hit the Hulk whilst Hulk was looking the other way not even realizing he's in a fight. That's not what happened. They were fighting. You can't really have a sucker punch in the middle of a fight unless a third person intervenes.

So? One KO'd him, one didn't. You do realize KO'ing Hulk isn't the easiest thing to do right?

Ok, so if Superman's opponent doesn't see Supes because he's moving too fast, or if Supes in a middle of a fight uses his speed to whizz around his opponent and hit him from behind, then Superman would be sucker punching right? Heck Hal can hit from different angles. If he does then he's sucker punching too right.

DARTH POWER
Earlier in the same story, hulk took a lightning strike and was only on his knees for one panel.

Even putting the Hulk on his knees with one shot is pretty damn level. Put that with the strength to go toe to toe with Hulk, and that's clearly High Herald Level.

abhilegend
Refusing to produce evidence and presenting evidence that you cannot support are in essence the same thing. Actually, it's worse as you can just make up shit. For example, I know you lied about Bor dying and giving his power to Odin like you claimed.

I'm butthurt for hoping you're just trolling but then you go out and just outright call me a jackass? facepalm
It isn't. You can believe whatever want, I don't give a damn.

Yes, you're butthurt because you've brought that instance many times. You got mocked, move on.Originally posted by DARTH POWER
LOL What difference does it make if his Lightning hits them behind or the front? That's how Thor's Lightning works, he can hit them from any angle. Your making out Thor hit the Hulk whilst Hulk was looking the other way not even realizing he's in a fight. That's not what happened. They were fighting. You can't really have a sucker punch in the middle of a fight unless a third person intervenes.

So? One KO'd him, one didn't. You do realize KO'ing Hulk isn't the easiest thing to do right?

Ok, so if Superman's opponent doesn't see Supes because he's moving too fast, or if Supes in a middle of a fight uses his speed to whizz around his opponent and hit him from behind, then Superman would be sucker punching right? Heck Hal can hit from different angles. If he does then he's sucker punching too right.
One is a sucker shot. Beating someone by a sucker shot isn't so great. Ronan has oneshotted Silver Surfer by attacking him from behind. Does that make Ronan above surfer?

Its a sucker shot.

If Superman moves behind and punches someone in the back, its most definitely a suckershot.Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Even putting the Hulk on his knees with one shot is pretty damn level. Put that with the strength to go toe to toe with Hulk, and that's clearly High Herald Level.
Putting Hulk with a focused lightning from mjolnir isn't a feat Thor can replicate without mjolnir.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It isn't. You can believe whatever want, I don't give a damn.

I'm still waiting for those scans.

Putting Hulk with a focused lightning from mjolnir isn't a feat Thor can replicate without mjolnir.

This implies that Mjolnir amps Thor's weather based powers. What evidence do you have to support this?

Not to mention this statement is retarded as Thor one shots Hulk with a lightning bolt he summons with a wave of his hand in the very same issue.

Silent Master
Abhi doesn't care about things like facts, truth, honesty etc etc.

abhilegend
I'm still waiting for those scans. I'll post them as soon as I can.

And your stance that it lessens Thor's abilities (laughing out loud ) is based on what exactly?

With a sucker shot and everytime Thor waves his hand while having mjolnir in his hands means he was using his weather powers without mjolnir? Haha.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll post them as soon as I can.

And your stance that it lessens Thor's abilities (laughing out loud ) is based on what exactly?

With a sucker shot and everytime Thor waves his hand while having mjolnir in his hands means he was using his weather powers without mjolnir? Haha.

Don't forget those Bor/Odin scans.

What? I never said Mjolnir makes Thor's weather powers less powerful, what are you talking about? It does focus his control and can be used as a conduit. Now, what evidence do you have that says Mjolnir increases Thor's weather power?

No, but when has Mjolnir in one hand and does a sweeping motion with his free arm, I do assume that he didn't bother using Mjolnir as a conduit for his abilities.

abhilegend
Don't forget those Bor/Odin scans.

What? I never said Mjolnir makes Thor's weather powers less powerful, what are you talking about? It does focus his control and can be used as a conduit. Now, what evidence do you have that says Mjolnir increases Thor's weather power?

No, but when has Mjolnir in one hand and does a sweeping motion with his free arm, I do assume that he didn't bother using Mjolnir as a conduit for his abilities.
Wouldn't forget it.

Haha, you said that just two pages ago.

Thankfully, Thor can also summon bolts from the sky. Which have an astounding success rate, particularly when he doesn't use Mjolnir as a focus to lessen their power more efficiently.

I said it focuses his power into more powerful lightning attacks.

You are wrong as usual.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wouldn't forget it.

Haha, you said that just two pages ago.

I said it focuses his power into more powerful lightning attacks.

You are wrong as usual.

facepalm

I said he can use Mjolnir as a focus/conduit to lessen the power of his lightning. I didn't say it made them flat out weaker. How can you not understand that distinction? Just in case you still don't understand what I mean, with Mjolnir he can do this to Black Widow where without it, he'd kill her almost certainly:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsBlackWidow.jpg

Scan to support that?

Uriel005
PIS/CIS off I give it to Thor with the ring and Lantern. Ultimately I think the versatility of the ring is more blatent and a CIS'less Thor will find ways to counter his own Mjolnir once he gets the ring is based on will and creativity.

Hal would still need to finangle all the functions out of the hammer many of which are not blatantly obvious and don't necessarily follow his style.

Long story short Thor can basically use the Ring as he pleases simply because its rather intuitive.

Hal has to figure out Mjolnir and Thor's had it for how long and forgets it has energy absorbtion/matter manip/esoteric BS powers so I don't see him figuring it all out beyond what he needs.

abhilegend
facepalm

I said he can use Mjolnir as a focus/conduit to lessen the power of his lightning. I didn't say it made them flat out weaker. How can you not understand that distinction? Just in case you still don't understand what I mean, with Mjolnir he can do this to Black Widow where without it, he'd kill her almost certainly:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/DefeatsBlackWidow.jpg

Scan to support that?

So him holding himself back against black widow means he was holding himself back against Hulk? Haha. Its like talking to fangirl with random A4 scans popping up every few posts.

So Thor has never made hand motions while summoning lightning from mjolnir? Never?

ODG
Originally posted by Uriel005
PIS/CIS off I give it to Thor with the ring and Lantern. Ultimately I think the versatility of the ring is more blatent and a CIS'less Thor will find ways to counter his own Mjolnir once he gets the ring is based on will and creativity.

Hal would still need to finangle all the functions out of the hammer many of which are not blatantly obvious and don't necessarily follow his style.

Long story short Thor can basically use the Ring as he pleases simply because its rather intuitive.

Hal has to figure out Mjolnir and Thor's had it for how long and forgets it has energy absorbtion/matter manip/esoteric BS powers so I don't see him figuring it all out beyond what he needs. I'd make the argument that Thor doesn't require any sort of creativity to counter Mjolnir. He was fighting Masterson Thor w/ Mjolnir just fine with his raw strength and skill. He doesn't really need the ring at all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So him holding himself back against black widow means he was holding himself back against Hulk? Haha. Its like talking to fangirl with random A4 scans popping up every few posts.

So Thor has never made hand motions while summoning lightning from mjolnir? Never?

Did I say that? You quoted an off hand statement that I made not in reference to the Hulk but Thor's relationship with Mjolnir. Now I'm clarifying what I meant. facepalm

Like that scene? None that I can recall. Do you know of anymore? I'd like to add some more to the list.

Uriel005
Originally posted by ODG
I'd make the argument that Thor doesn't require any sort of creativity to counter Mjolnir. He was fighting Masterson Thor w/ Mjolnir just fine with his raw strength and skill. He doesn't really need the ring at all. I thought we were assuming some level of competency.... jk Masterson's cool in my books but I think Hal would make a better fight in terms of experience and the fact that he has experience with a more imaginative weapon for far longer than Masterson. I think he would look into Mjolnir's powers and would do a better job of it than Masterson but I just don't think a year is enough time,

ODG
Originally posted by Uriel005
I thought we were assuming some level of competency.... jk Masterson's cool in my books but I think Hal would make a better fight in terms of experience and the fact that he has experience with a more imaginative weapon for far longer than Masterson. I think he would look into Mjolnir's powers and would do a better job of it than Masterson but I just don't think a year is enough time, Creativity and willpower aren't really vital to wielding Mjolnir. Willpower might come into play with controlling vast absorbed energies and stuff like that, but what might Hal do that'd be more anymore creative than what Masterson did with it? Make airplane shaped clouds???

abhilegend
Did I say that? You quoted an off hand statement that I made not in reference to the Hulk but Thor's relationship with Mjolnir. Now I'm clarifying what I meant. facepalm

Like that scene? None that I can recall. Do you know of anymore? I'd like to add some more to the list.
You said something to me once "read before post". Practice what you preach bro.

I know of some scenes in a fight with one of Thor's recurring foes. I don't remember who it was. Maybe Ulik or someone. Its been months since I last read Thor's old comics, so its hard to remember. When I get the whole torrent downloaded, I would search for them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You said something to me once "read before post". Practice what you preach bro.

I know of some scenes in a fight with one of Thor's recurring foes. I don't remember who it was. Maybe Ulik or someone. Its been months since I last read Thor's old comics, so its hard to remember. When I get the whole torrent downloaded, I would search for them.

I do, all the time. Which is why I decided to better clarify my position as you seemed to misinterpret it or get confused.

Good luck.

abhilegend
I do, all the time. Which is why I decided to better clarify my position as you seemed to misinterpret it or get confused.

Good luck.
Apparently not.

Thanks.

jitay
bump

Warlord
Energy based weapon vs one of the top 3 energy drain devices in marvel.... good luck Hal

Golgo13
Split.

cdtm

If Superman moves behind and punches someone in the back, its most definitely a suckershot.

I think a good litmus test is whether the other guy even knows he's in a fight, or is fighting back.

What Cap did to Superman in Crisis Times Five were sucker shots. What Superman did to Eclipsed Rampage, using his speed to blindside her and carry her into the sun, was simply good tactics.

Alias Stone
Thor and Hal swap their respective weapons and spend the next year battling each others enemies and nemesii.

After the year is up they have a brawl

There are no limitations to the more extreme uses of their powers only if you think that they can learn to do them in the time allotted

Whoever wins gets both weapons

Also who it's the strongest person that they can defeat with a ring/mjolnir combo

maxivitopowe
Odin
Gallus

ShadowFyre
Man some people are straight lowballing Thor. He still has all of his physical stats. His weather and earth manipulation, his godblast which Hal does not have even with Mjolnir. And now he has a green lantern ring. Thor has a willpower equal to Hals as seen in issues 9-11 in the God of Thunder arc. Thor might let Hal keep his ring as well to make it even.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Odin
Gallactus

Probably the Phoenix force aswell

Maybe ion

Doom

Doc Strange

Bendis Force Cage

Loeb Force Rulk

WWH

Sentry

I say with both items Thor should be solidly low-mid Trans and be able to defeat high Trans to Skyfather

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Probably the Phoenix force aswell

Maybe ion

Doom

Doc Strange

Bendis Force Cage

Loeb Force Rulk

WWH

Sentry

I say with both items Thor should be solidly low-mid Trans and be able to defeat high Trans to Skyfather

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.