More inspirational: Superman vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Who inspires his universe more? Preboot Superman or Captain America?

zopzop
Superman, easily.

golem370
Captain for Earth Superman for the Universe.

Supermex
Captain America for Marvel Earth...
Superman for Dc Earth..
G.L in the Dc U..
Nova Corps in the Marvel Corps..
John Rambo on our Earth..

Philosophía
This isn't even a contest.

Magnon
Captain America for Marvel USA.
Superman for everything else.

==> Overall, Superman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The various mutant factions alone give Superman the win over Captain America imo.

The respective Universes are just made differently. Within his own circle though, Steve is as inspirational as they come.

quanchi112
Steve, hands down.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Magnon
Captain America for Marvel USA.
Superman for everything else.

==> Overall, Superman.

-Pr-
superman inspires but cap is a better leader.

comicfan11

wolverinos
i had an argument with a friend of my.
he said captain america only protects americans and only can be found fighting threats of america.
i was like wtf? he is fighting overall planetary threats that could easily effect the entire world.
its not like before captain america saves someone he tells him "may i see your green card sir" or anything.

anyway i think they are both very inspiring

Cogito

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Superman, easily.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by abhilegend
Who inspires his universe more? Preboot Superman or Captain America?

This is not a battle post.

golem370
Captain on either earth Captain America he is abit higher then human but doesn't hesitate fight a superhuman.

LeonBuco666
Captain America is more relatable IMHO

Tony Stark
Captain America hands down

Mindship
Cap is inspirational because, for a guy with low-end-of-the-scale powers, he's in there fighting with no hesitation, no matter how powerful the foe, if that's the right thing to do.

Superman is inspirational because, despite his immense power, it never corrupts him; he never loses sight of what's right, especially with regard to the sanctity of life.

I think this is what either would find inspirational about the other (note to self: re-read JLA/Av).

psycho gundam
Doctor Doom

Killemall
Superman for sure.

LeonBuco666
Sorry, i thought it was most inspirational to the readers.
But in their universes id say superman incredibly easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
Sorry, i thought it was most inspirational to the readers.
But in their universes id say superman incredibly easily. Based on ?

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ?

How many groups across space/time has Cap inspired? Because Superman has several with thousands and thousands of members.

MF DELPH
Gotta be Superman. IIRC he even inspired religious cults which worshipped him and his deeds in a couple storylines.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Cogito
How many groups across space/time has Cap inspired? Because Superman has several with thousands and thousands of members.

Well in the original GoTG arc, Cap's shield was treated as a legendary relic, and his reputation had a great deal to do with it.

Granted, that's like a branched off timeline, but everything else before that applies.

Anyway, in absolute terms its Superman.
Proportionately, it goes to Cap.

LeonBuco666
Quan, stfu
He's known by supervillians and superheros across the cosmos, thousands upon thousands respect him.

pym-ftw
Cap inspires those are him to be the best they can be.

Supes inspires those around him to believe in the impossible.

So its which ever appeals to you.

Lol @ a quantity argument.

Villelater
Superman has power but chooses not to use it for evil...
Captain America may of been giving a super soldier formula but in reality he's all bout skill...both are Alien in this world but in different ways...hmm i say Cap

LeonBuco666
Steve Rogers isnt an alien, he's a downright yank laughing out loud

vince_slice
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6qt2kZMBZ1qbls5to1_1280.png

kgkg
^ Bruce is a d*ck

vince_slice
http://31.media.tumblr.com/eb21db6a8a512d5b67deb3458058e52c/tumblr_mqbvf8rBJm1saaejco2_250.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
How many groups across space/time has Cap inspired? Because Superman has several with thousands and thousands of members. There are multiple Superman there is only one Steve Rodgers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vince_slice
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6qt2kZMBZ1qbls5to1_1280.png thumb up

Bruce put it perfectly.

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cap inspires those are him to be the best they can be.

Supes inspires those around him to believe in the impossible.

So its which ever appeals to you.

Lol @ a quantity argument.

Truth.

Rao Kal El
Pre crisis, post crisis, nu does not matter

Superman is the inspiration for evey single superhero out there.

Nuff said.

Uriel005
Superman's got a Legion of wannabe's in DC 1 Million... What does Cap inspire in the future.

Odekahn
Capt. America seems to inspire people when it comes to fighting. Superman inspires people when it comes to being peaceful and living happily. Superman stands before the world leaders and talks to the entire world. He inspires people in every sort of way. The inspiration that Cap gives is never quit, superman is that, plus hope. And hope is powerful inspiration.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Gotta be Superman. IIRC he even inspired religious cults which worshipped him and his deeds in a couple storylines.

Stuff like this makes this thread's premise a hard question to answer. The Legion of Heroes and the Superman Dynasty makes scale easily in Clark's favor so Captain America obviously doesn't have as wide a reach but I think to the people that know them, Captain America inspires them better then Superman, at least recently. For example, if JLA/Avengers were on a battle field, it'd be Captain America that leads the charge or gives the inspirational speech imho. But DC's Earth at one time was so different, that even Wonder Woman might have a wider reach then Captain America as a global ambassador. Thor's been worshiped and has been inspiring people for a very long time and far into the distant future more then even Steve, even on distant secluded parts of the Universe they tell stories of his legend as the greatest. Even Gods have prayed to him. So I don't think devotion, worship and reach should determine inspiration. At least imho, I understand this is all debatable.

I think the DCnU is a lot similar to Marvel and so was Post Crisis DC near the end there, with things taking a much darker tone, different factions distrusting Superman and the league etc. This is a tricky subject.

Also Delph, this wasn't really addressed to you. Just thought you brought up an interesting point.

Magnon
Superman is so inspirational that he has even inspired the competing company to create at least 6+ superman-lites in his honor.

(Sentry, Gladiator, Count Nefaria, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Ethan Edwards, ...)

h1a8
Are you guys kidding?
When we were kids and the Superman movies (Reeve) came on, there was no better feeling in the world. We were at our most happiest.

I don't recall when Captain America came on that I felt anywhere the same level of happy. Not even close.

Superman inspired all of us to have super powers (I mean want to have) and to plan to be super heroes one day. Reading comics as a kid was really reading our options. LOL Seriously!

Without him I don't think there would be a comic debating forum at all. He's the spirit and epitome of "superhero". Even the effing music from the Superman movies inspire like nothing else. Goosebumps use to go through me everytime Superman was coming on or I saw a Superman comic as a kid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.