Count Dooku & Savage Opress vs Darth Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bayhunter12
So in the CLone Wars we see Darth Sidious fight and defeat both Darth Maul and Savage. Would the outcome have possibly been any different if Dooku took the place of Maul?

DARTH POWER
Well I'd like to think they have a chance, but it will probably just be too easy for Sidious to take out someone with so little training like Opress mid-fight.

Then that just leaves Sidious vs Dooku.

Realistically Dooku needs someone at least the caliber of Maul at his side before he can start thinking about taking on Sidious.

bayhunter12
Yeah I agree. I think Dooku can give Sidious a decent fight though. Considering Dooku's skills with a saber and the fact that his only real weakness is being overpowered by physically stronger opponents. And I just cant see Sidious physically overpowering him. I think it comes down to how long can Savage can manage to stay alive and help Dooku.

Mizukage Yoda
Replace Savage with Maul and you have a good fight, considering Dooku thought a fully trained Savage (who'd be about Maul level) and him could take down Sidious.

SIDIOUS 66
Sidious wins this handily.

Even if you replace Savage with Maul, Sidious still wins pretty handily. Sidious already proved that Maul is pretty much a non-factor, especially when he uses his force powers. Maul wouldn't be much help for Dooku at all really.

Stigma
^ I agree.
Sidious wins 9/10.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Sidious wins this handily.

Even if you replace Savage with Maul, Sidious still wins pretty handily. Sidious already proved that Maul is pretty much a non-factor, especially when he uses his force powers. Maul wouldn't be much help for Dooku at all really.

Dooku is stated in canon to be Windu's equal, and we all saw that Mace was able to give Sidious hell. If you throw in Maul it'd be an even harder fight for Sidious.

I think Dooku alone can give Sidious a good fight throw in someone who's competent enough with a blade to not get offed instantly and you have a really good fight.

Hell Sidious even feared Dooku and Asajj coming after him.

Intrepid37
lol

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Dooku is stated in canon to be Windu's equal, and we all saw that Mace was able to give Sidious hell. If you throw in Maul it'd be an even harder fight for Sidious.

Windu has vapaad and shatterpoint, things Dooku do not possess. Windu's "defeat" of Sidious was a very one off performance, and may have even been a set up defeat by Sidious (going by all the hints in the movie and other EU material).

I think Dooku alone can give Sidious a good fight throw in someone who's competent enough with a blade to not get offed instantly and you have a really good fight.

Dooku does not match Sidious in any area. Sidious is quite a bit faster, far stronger, more skilled, and far more powerful than him. And no, Maul is not going to give Dooku much help, especially when Sidious has already proved that he can easily dispose of Maul with the force. Windu started out with three of the orders greatest warriors and they provided him with no significant advantage over Sidious, so how you assume Maul is going to provide Dooku with much help is beyond me.

Dooku has absolutely no feats to suggest that he can give Sidious hell. Windu hasn't even shown the feats to suggest that he has what it takes to give Sidious hell up until ROTS. Simply saying "well Dooku was stated to be Windu's equal and Windu gave Sidious hell, so therefore Dooku can" is not a good start for an argument when going by consistency.

Hell Sidious even feared Dooku and Asajj coming after him.

Yeah Sidious was so scared of the two that he felt comfortable enough to throw around his authority to Dooku. Somehow it seems that if Sidious truly found the two team-sith as a threat, he would have found ways to eliminate Ventress on his own, not demand her own sith partner to.

Sidious did not fear Dooku and Ventress; nothing even hints to it. All that is implied is that he believed Ventress was growing more powerful than she should be, and that he had suspicions that Dooku was training her as a sith apprentice to overthrow him. Certainly if Dooku was a good match for Sidious, then he wouldn't fear Sidious to the extent that he does, especially if he has a sith apprentice that may even the odds.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Windu has vapaad and shatterpoint, things Dooku do not possess. Windu's "defeat" of Sidious was a very one off performance, and may have even been a set up defeat by Sidious (going by all the hints in the movie and other EU material).`

And yet with vaapad and shatterpoint he was still Dooku's equal. Dooku also has mastery of all VII forms of lightsaber combat to the extent that he could teach them to Grievous. Dooku is also noted as being the most agile swordmaster and instructor in the temple. Meaning, faster than Mace who was as fast as Sidious.

Because Filoni says that Savage alone performed way better than the B-Team. Let alone Maul. Maul is in a different league than all of them.

Dooku has no feats to suggest he can give Sidious hell? Really? He gave Master Yoda hell. The same Master Yoda who disarmed Sidious. And he was stated to be at least Mace's equal, who...also disarmed Sidious. Also Dooku is the only person in the mythos to ever injure Master Yoda.

He was afraid she was GROWING too strong. Just like how Galen Marek and Vader are a threat to him, so would a fully trained Ventress and Dooku.

May is operative here. And Dooku tells Savage that he will make him rival Darth Maul, with the intention of overthrowing Sidious. Do you seriously think Dooku would attempt a suicide run at the most powerful Sith Lord in history for shits?

Get your head out of your ass. Sidious is better than Dooku, but the margin isn't as massive as you think. Dooku is essentially Vader with force lightning and not his glaring weakness to Sidious lighting.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
does no one understand that mace's win over sidious was a one-time performance? he only beat him because he went to the deepest depths of vaapad, no longer afraid of falling to the darkside, this happened when he figured out that the leader of his beloved repubic was the dark lord of the sith. at that point, mace > yoda, but at any other time, yoda > mace, and yoda = sidious

Edit: So dooku's better than vader? im sorry, but no way
also, when did dooku injure yoda, on vjun?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Stigma
^ I agree.
Sidious wins 9/10.

I'd like to think that Dooku could pull out 2/10 wins even on his own.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
oh my god....

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
does no one understand that mace's win over sidious was a one-time performance? he only beat him because he went to the deepest depths of vaapad, no longer afraid of falling to the darkside, this happened when he figured out that the leader of his beloved repubic was the dark lord of the sith. at that point, mace > yoda, but at any other time, yoda > mace, and yoda = sidious

He wasn't greater than Yoda at that point. He became Sidious's equal in Sabers and won through gaining a tactical advantage(possibly due to Shatterpoint).

But yes it was a Peak Performance for Mace. But still that fight plus Dooku vs Yoda in AOTC, proved that Mace/Dooku are both powerful enough to fight Yoda/Sidious.

Edit: So dooku's better than vader?

Well Dooku's the better Saber Duelist. That's for sure. And he'd hardly be a non-factor in a Force contest either.

DARTH POWER
oh my god....

Saying OMG to Dooku taking 2/10 wins? Get your head outta your ass man!

This is Star Wars! Where Kenobi can beat the guy who battered the guy who thrashed him.. Where the Second most powerful Jedi can beat the Sith Lord that the Most Powerful Jedi lost to. And where Kenobi can beat 2 Sith together one time, when every other time he's been unable to defeat either one, even getting thrashed by the weaker one a couple of times!

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i just cant see dooku winning, they MIGHT stalemate in sabers, but sidious can overwhelm him with far superior force abilities.

or he could just blitz dooku smokin'

Edit: plus didnt dooku have to flee on geonosis?

the things you just said were mostly circumstancial. Like kenobi beating anakin, he took advantage of his mental state, mace was amped like never before, and kenobi had 2 saberswink

pencilcrayon
That one time power up he received is what Sidious fights at with his own ability. He managed to reach an impasse until Sidious had to shift some speed into grip on the slippery permecrete.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Exactly. So if normally Mace= Dooku, and Amped Mace= Sidious, that equals sidious > Dooku

DARTH POWER
i just cant see dooku winning, they MIGHT stalemate in sabers, but sidious can overwhelm him with far superior force abilities.

or he could just blitz dooku smokin'

Edit: plus didnt dooku have to flee on geonosis?

the things you just said were mostly circumstancial. Like kenobi beating anakin, he took advantage of his mental state, mace was amped like never before, and kenobi had 2 saberswink

That's the point. People have peak performances. People have weak performances. Fights have circumstances involved.

Since Dooku/Mace are the next league down after Sidious/Yoda, it's not inconceivable that through different circumstances and/or states of combatants that the latter could lose a fight at some point.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
hmm, i suppose i see your point of view, and can agree with it.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Saying OMG to Dooku taking 2/10 wins? Get your head outta your ass man!

This is Star Wars! Where Kenobi can beat the guy who battered the guy who thrashed him.. Where the Second most powerful Jedi can beat the Sith Lord that the Most Powerful Jedi lost to. And where Kenobi can beat 2 Sith together one time, when every other time he's been unable to defeat either one, even getting thrashed by the weaker one a couple of times!

Dooku or Mace would never take any wins against Sidious.... EVEN in a saber duel. Their not on the same level at all. Sidious would speedblitz Mace without Vaapad, and Mace without vaapad=Dooku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah, but in this situation, dooku/mace would be prepared, and i dont think kolar/tiin were expecting the old man to go blitzing

Mizukage Yoda

Prove that Mace was stronger than Yoda when he dueled Sidious.

Lol Dooku is a superior blademaster and is on par with him in the force. Yeah. I said it. Dooku has immense accolades and feats. I highly doubt he's far from Vader if at all in Force Mastery.

Dooku and Mace can both likely pull 2/10 victories over Sidious. Which is more than I can say for most.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Dooku or Mace would never take any wins against Sidious.... EVEN in a saber duel. Their not on the same level at all. Sidious would speedblitz Mace without Vaapad, and Mace without vaapad=Dooku.

Bro Mace did take a victory over Sidious in a saber duel. Did you not watch ROTS?

ROTJ Vader
yeah, but in this situation, dooku/mace would be prepared, and i dont think kolar/tiin were expecting the old man to go blitzing

Nah, they were prepared. Sidious was just toooo fast. Not saying Sidious would ALWAYS speedblitz Mace or Dooku but their is a chance.

Also Windu was never as good as Yoda with the amp, even with a saber. He maneged to stalemate Sidious with a saber not win, Yoda was winning. Under normal circumstances, Windu would not be able to pull what he pulled Vs Sidious in a saber duel.

ROTJ Vader
Bro Mace did take a victory over Sidious in a saber duel. Did you not watch ROTS?

Of course I watched ROTS, that was because of a one time occurance. Because of the amp. The amp was a ONE TIME occurance. Without that Windu would never be able to take Sidious in a saber duel.

ALSO its up for debate that Sidious threw the fight EVEN well Windu was amped. So that further destroys the purpose of Windu getting wins.

And in a all-out fight-no just no.

SIDIOUS 66
And yet with vaapad and shatterpoint he was still Dooku's equal.

Vaapad has limits: the inner darkness (dark emotions) of the user and the darkness of the user's opponent. Windu was extremely pissed off upon learning about Palpatine being the sith lord who played them all like fools years, so Mace's dark emotions were possibly at it's peak. The same way a dark sider can feed on his dark emotions (rage) to boost himself, is basically what vaapad does, except a master of it doesn't succumb to the dark side, but can still use it to boost his performance, hence why Mace created it. And Sidious being a much darker being than Dooku, Windu would receive a greater amp than he would against Dooku.

Dooku also has mastery of all VII forms of lightsaber combat to the extent that he could teach them to Grievous. Dooku is also noted as being the most agile swordmaster and instructor in the temple.

When has Dooku displayed the speed that matches Sidious. When has he blitzed through three celebrated swordsmasters? Or the strength to push back someone like Savage with one arm? Strength also plays a huge part in duels, and it's also how Anakin overpowered Dooku in ROTS.

And no Windu is not as fast as Sidious without the benefit of vaapad. If he were, Sidious shouldn't have slaughtered his companions and forced Windu back. It wouldn't have taken Windu time to fully submerge in vaapad.

And if Dooku was faster than Windu, then why wasn't he able to gain any advantage during their duel on Boz Pity? They were practically even from the very start of their duel. So if Sidious can blitz through Mace's team and proceed to force Windu back, then he would be able to do the same to Dooku. If you want to argue that Dooku can get out of a situation of being driven back by Sidious' speed and somehow magically start to equal him in terms of speed as Windu did after he fully submerged in vaapad, then the burden of proof is on you to explain how.

And as far as Sidious duel with Yoda, Sidious was at a disadvantage on the platform they were fighting on, barely having enough room to leap/move around in, whereas Yoda, being a lot smaller, had far more room to leap around in. He wasn't as limited as Sidious was. And Yoda was mostly fighting on the higher part of the platform, which gave him more reach than it would normally give him when fighting opponents on even ground.

Because Filoni says that Savage alone performed way better than the B-Team. Let alone Maul.

And Savage did perform better than them because Sidious allowed him to. Filoni also described the context of the fight: one that Sidious was enjoying himself in. Lucas didn't portray Sidious as being toyful with the three masters as he was portrayed as doing with the brothers.

Maul is in a different league than all of them.

I agree that Maul is better than any of them individually, but he most certainly does not provide a greater threat than all three of them put together. To even think that is rather silly, unless you also assume that Vizsla, a non-force sensitive is also better than all of them put together, considering he gave Maul a decent fight. And seeing how you believe Obi Wan is superior to Maul in terms of bladework, should I remind you how Viszla has put Obi Wan on his back while he was unarmed? I guess Vizsla is greater than three of the greatest jedi warriors put together?

Dooku has no feats to suggest he can give Sidious hell? Really? He gave Master Yoda hell. The same Master Yoda who disarmed Sidious. And he was stated to be at least Mace's equal, who...also disarmed Sidious. Also Dooku is the only person in the mythos to ever injure Master Yoda.

Unlike Yoda, Sidious has absolutely no love for Dooku and would not hesitate on killing him. In AOTC, Yoda held back on attacking Dooku with the force other than redirecting Dooku's own force lightning attack back at him, so I'm not going to assume that Yoda suddenly decided to get real serious and try his hardest to kill Dooku in saber combat. In DR, Yeah Dooku gave Yoda trouble, but he was also amped by the dark side nexus on Vjun, a benefit that Yoda did not have on that planet. In fact, dark side nexuses are said to diminish a light sider's powers. So not only was Yoda fighting someone who was amped, but he was also fighting while having his own powers diminished while struggling to fight off his own inner demons, and yet he still had Dooku on the defensive and eventually on the retreat.

He was afraid she was GROWING too strong.

Prove he was afraid. There is absolutely nothing that implies it.

Just like how Galen Marek and Vader are a threat to him, so would a fully trained Ventress and Dooku.

You implied that Dooku feared Dooku and Ventress at the time he order Ventress's elimination. Ventress was not fully trained in sith ways at the time, and she certainly isn't a threat to Sidious whatsoever when he can easily crush her with the force alone. How is she of any help to Dooku?

Again, if Dooku was as close to Sidious in terms of combat as you seem to think, then why did he fear Sidious to the extent that he did if he had an apprentice that may even the odds? Do not compare that with Vader and Marek having a chance, unlike them Dooku had the entire army of the CIS under his direct control and knew of Sidious' greatest secrets; if he felt that he could have taken on Sidious with the help of an apprentice then the time was perfect. Vader and Marek would have been alone against Sidious and his unlimited army of the empire.

May is operative here. And Dooku tells Savage that he will make him rival Darth Maul, with the intention of overthrowing Sidious. Do you seriously think Dooku would attempt a suicide run at the most powerful Sith Lord in history for shits?

The only thing Dooku knew about Maul was that he killed his old padawan and was killed by Obi Wan. He had no way to judge Maul on his abilities other than stories that Sidious may have told him. So Dooku's opinion is irrelevant when Sidious already proved how easily he can toss Maul (and Savage at the same time) around with the force.

Get your head out of your ass. Sidious is better than Dooku, but the margin isn't as massive as you think. Dooku is essentially Vader with force lightning and not his glaring weakness to Sidious lighting.

How about you get your head out of Dooku's ass. You've provided no feats from Dooku that suggest he would give Sidious hell. The gap between Sidious and Dooku is huge. Sidious casually overpowers both Maul and Opress simultaneously with the force alone despite there efforts to break free, while Dooku relied heavily on force usage just to keep an upper hand during his struggle against Ventress (someone less powerful than Maul) and a Savage who was not as powerful as the one Sidious casually owned via the force.

DARTH POWER
Of course I watched ROTS, that was because of a one time occurance. Because of the amp. The amp was a ONE TIME occurance. Without that Windu would never be able to take Sidious in a saber duel.

Really? Could never happen again? Because when asked why the Jedi B-Team got but down so quickly Lucas responded "You have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor."

That doesn't sound like Mace could never ever beat Sidious again in any circumstance. It sounds like Mace is capable of fighting Sidious and even has a shot at defeating him.

I agree Sidious is more powerful than Mace. I agree Sidious would win a large majority against Mace. And he'd probably win an even a larger majority against Dooku.

But let's not pretend anyone is truly invincible 10/10 times in Star Wars. Heck even Kenobi can beat 2 Powerful Sith together ONE TIME.

ROTJ Vader
^Compete does not mean win, buddy.

The_Tempest
I think people are exaggerating the nature of Sidious's regarding Ventress.

He was "afraid" of Luke in TESB. Yet when ROTJ came along, he still had Luke on the ground crying like a b1tch.

DARTH POWER
^Compete does not mean win, buddy.

It implies at least having a chance at winning.

Otherwise there's no competition if your opponent simply has no hope of winning.

Originally posted by The_Tempest

He was "afraid" of Luke in TESB. Yet when ROTJ came along, he still had Luke on the ground crying like a b1tch.

True but Sidious had no issue with Ventress whatsoever before he sensed her "growing powerful."

Dooku's ultimately no match for Sidious alone. But that doesn't necessarily mean Sidious likes the idea of Dooku having a powerful ally.

After all individually neither Opress or Ventress were a current threat to Dooku. However when together, Dooku's life was clearly in danger.

Mizukage Yoda

The amp is a part of Windu's move set. And it is blatantly stated that on Vjun where Windu would have the amp he would be no match for Dooku.

No it isn't. It's only stated Sidious faked being weak AFTER Sidious was disarmed.

I smell Sidious wank. He can't take Dooku 10/10. Dooku can scathe at least one victory.

Col. Valerian

He was afraid of what he could become if he didn't deal with him, not of his skills and power as of TESB.

ROTJ Vader
No its not. It was a one time occurance. Windu has NEVER fought that good in his lifetime. It would not happen again. NEVER in the EU or ANY other material has Windu been shown to fight on the level that he fought on against Sidious. NEVER.

So, yeah it won't come into play. And VJun Dooku>Dooku<=>Windu.

No. There's evidence and reason to believe he threw the saber fight aswell.

Yes he can. Yoda beat Dooku on Vjun IN a powerful darkside Nexus well not wanting to kill him. Sidious=Yoda about. Sidious would trash Dooku in a all out just like he would trash Mace. No need to wank Dooku.

Nephthys
I smell Sidious wank. He can't take Dooku 10/10. Dooku can scathe at least one victory.

How?

Col. Valerian
What's with the Windu hate? He's the most powerful behind Yoda, and (with Vaapad and Shatterpoint on his side) managed to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. It doesn't matter if it was once, it happened and it happened in the goddamn movie. If he can take Sidious, he can take Dooku with those amps. His total submersion in Vaapad vs. Sidious only demonstrated how powerful he can be when in this state; you can't just dismiss this feat by saying it was 'once-in-a-lifetime thing'. Deal with it.

The fact that it is stated that Windu would be no match for Dooku on Vjun only proves how inconsistent the SW universe can be.

I doubt Dooku could even win once against Sidious.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
1.What's with the Windu hate? He's the most powerful behind Yoda, and (with Vaapad and Shatterpoint on his side) managed to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord of all time. It doesn't matter if it was once, it happened and it happened in the goddamn movie. If he can take Sidious, he can take Dooku with those amps. His total submersion in Vaapad vs. Sidious only demonstrated how powerful he can be when in this state; you can't just dismiss this feat by saying it was 'once-in-a-lifetime thing'. Deal with it.

2.The fact that it is stated that Windu would be no match for Dooku on Vjun only proves how inconsistent the SW universe can be.

3.I doubt Dooku could even win once against Sidious.

1.The novel disagrees. It was a one time amp that wouldint come into play Vs Dooku. Dooku and Mace are equals.

2.Okay.....

3.Agreed. Sidious would slaughter Windu or The Count.

Col. Valerian
1.The novel disagrees. It was a one time amp that wouldint come into play Vs Dooku. Dooku and Mace are equals.

2.Okay.....

3.Agreed. Sidious would slaughter Windu or The Count.

1. It's never stated it was a one time thing, and neither is it stated that Vaapad wouldn't come into play vs. Dooku. Why do you believe this?

2. He defeated Sidious... Why wouldn't he defeat Dooku with Vaapad and Shatterpoint giving him the edge? It just doesn't make sense.

3. Except that Windu defeated Sidious on ROTS. He'd slaughter the Count, but he clearly wouldn't/didn't slaughter Windu.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
now that i think about it: what if mace survived his encounter with palpatine? it was said that he was super-amped because he was no longer afraid of falling to the darkside due to vaapad. would this mean that if he survived, he would always be such a devastating combatant?

Edit: if count dooku > vader suit prime (which was 80% of sidious) that would mean that him and ventress would ALREADY BE enough to kill sidious. because I think ventress is at least 26% of the count.

Mizukage Yoda

Afraid is the wrong word. He was concerned with what she could become, which was a threat if combined with Dooku.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Nephthys
How?

A fluke. That's how. Which is what someone winning one in ten times is.

ROTJ Vader
@Mizukage Yoda Are you serious?.

Mizukage Yoda
@Mizukage Yoda Are you serious?.

Serious about what? That Dooku and Maul teamed up could pose a threat to Sidious? Yeah. That Dooku alone could defeat Sidious. Not really that's more me playing devil's advocate. But I do believe that Dooku could scathe a victory one in ten times. Sidious is not going to low diff Dooku.

ROTJ Vader
Serious about what? That Dooku and Maul teamed up could pose a threat to Sidious? Yeah. That Dooku alone could defeat Sidious. Not really that's more me playing devil's advocate. But I do believe that Dooku could scathe a victory one in ten times. Sidious is not going to low diff Dooku.

Lets not beat the dead pig here. Maul is a nonfactor to Sidious, and Sidious would pwn Dooku.

Mizukage Yoda
Lets not beat the dead pig here. Maul is a nonfactor to Sidious, and Sidious would pwn Dooku.

Maul is not a non factor to Sidious if combined with Dooku.

Intrepid37
Sure he is. The trio consisting of some of the most skilled Jedi were a non factor combined with Mace.

ares834

He wouldn't.

Maul is not a non factor to Sidious if combined with Dooku.

Agreed.

DARTH POWER
Sidious would trash Dooku in a all out just like he would trash Mace.

Except Lucas himself states Mace can compete with Sidious.

Going by the way ROTS and TCW have portrayed fights, I just don't buy it. I understand Kenobi or Maul losing 10/10. But Dooku is the next league down after Sidious/Yoda. From the way SW has portrayed mind sets, the environment and cirumstances effects fights, Dooku should be able to take 1 or 1 wins.

If however we assume a fair environment every time with everyone in peak condition, then yes I agree Dooku would lose 10/10.

Originally posted by Intrepid37
Sure he is. The trio consisting of some of the most skilled Jedi were a non factor combined with Mace.

Maul is well above any of those 3.

Ventress/Opress were both non-threats to Dooku individually. But together they posed a threat to the Count. It would be the same thing with Dooku/Maul Imo.

If Mace can beat Sidious on his own, then of course Dooku and Maul combined would/should pose a serious threat to Sidious.

Intrepid37
Maul is above all three individually... not all three together. Mace could do nothing to prevent them all getting killed; two of them before Mace and Sidious had crossed blades.

Maul is only one, not two, not three. Sidious should be able to kill Maul like he did the Jedi and then kill Dooku after a moderate fight.

To be honest, the team that attempted to arrest Palpatine is better than this team.

DARTH POWER
Maul is above all three individually... not all three together.

True. And I wouldn't expect Maul to overpower the 3 of them together.

But being better than any of them will be the difference between being blitz and being a factor. After all one of those 3 has given Mace a hard time sparring. Yet Mace being better does not get blitzed. So just being better makes a difference.

I'm curious now the team people think it would take to put down Sidious if said team does not include Mace or Yoda.

Intrepid37
A team to take down Sidious excluding Yoda and Mace? Would have to be Anakin + five or six other Jedi.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
True. And I wouldn't expect Maul to overpower the 3 of them together.

But being better than any of them will be the difference between being blitz and being a factor. After all one of those 3 has given Mace a hard time sparring. Yet Mace being better does not get blitzed. So just being better makes a difference.

I'm curious now the team people think it would take to put down Sidious if said team does not include Mace or Yoda.

Skywalker, Kenobi, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Kit Fisto.

So essentially you'd need half the Council.

pencilcrayon
Saesee Tiin, too ? He's powerful enough to tk an object 4 kilometers.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
Saesee Tiin, too ? He's powerful enough to tk an object 4 kilometers.

Holy shit what?

Also I selected people who I think wouldn't be immediately blitzed and pwned by the Emperor.

SIDIOUS 66
Dooku, on his best day, being considerably amped by a dark side nexus, couldn't even defeat Yoda, Sidious' equal, on what was perhaps Yoda's worse day, having his light side powers diminished and struggling to fight off the temptations of the dark side (not exactly the best state of mind for fighting one's best), so I'm not sure how Dooku has a chance at scoring a victory over Sidious.

Going by the logic here, I guess Ventress can take one victory out of ten against Dooku.

Nephthys
Yoda was also wounded at the start of their fight on Vjun, yet Dooku still couldn't beat him.

Holy shit what?

Also I selected people who I think wouldn't be immediately blitzed and pwned by the Emperor.

Its in Silvers Respect thread. Sadly the actual images seem defunct.

As an aside, this is also an interesting read and good collection of quotes.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yoda was also wounded at the start of their fight on Vjun, yet Dooku still couldn't beat him.

Yeah in the same source that states Dooku >/= the guy who beat Sidious.

Besides Yoda disarmed Sidious.

Mizukage Yoda

Red herring considering Maul is well above those three Jedi. Hell Savage is well above those three.

Nephthys
Eh? Not 'well' above imo.

Master Han

Not necessarily. Mace Windu may have fallen quickly had he not had time to sink into vaapad, time bought by his comrades.

Intrepid37
Red herring considering Maul is well above those three Jedi. Hell Savage is well above those three.
Not at the same time.

Originally posted by Master Han
Not necessarily. Mace Windu may have fallen quickly had he not had time to sink into vaapad, time bought by his comrades.
It only takes a split second for Mace to sink into Vaapad, not the time of two deaths.

ROTJ Vader
Intrepid Are you on forum chat on our forum. Im there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.