Bane vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
Bane has come to New York to rebuild his power base and has taken over the organized crime in the city since Kingpins arrest thanks to Daredevil.

Bane will not tolerate another masked vigilante and sits a trap for him at the local pier having passed false information about a drug deal arriving at the docks.

Daredevil arrives on a nearby warehouse where workers are unloading the cargo.

he smashes the lights and starts to take down the workers only to realize that there are no drugs. he hears a clap from a man coming down the stairs to face him.

Bane: they say you are a man without fear. I will bring you fear.

Daredevil: I've taken down bigger men than you.

Bane: have you now? perhaps fat men, but, no man like me.
show me.

who wins?

NW0Rv2H1PugPVFi6Pb4Guw

FrothByte
Considering the fighting skill that both men have displayed? Daredevil wipes the floor with Bane.

steverules_2
Does DD get to use his club?

Nietzschean
Originally posted by steverules_2
Does DD get to use his club? its standard gear for DD last i checked.

steverules_2
Take that as a yes

BruceSkywalker
BatFleck ftw

Darth Martin
I think Bane wins. Daredevil is more skilled but that's where it ends. Bane's stronger and more durable. Stealth won't work on him either. My bet is he has more trouble with Matt than with Batman but still comes away victorious.

KingD19
Daredevil is far faster shown by his fight with Bullseye. He's also good enough in a fight that if the strength/durability margin is too different(which actually is in DD's favor going by feats), he can easily outskill Bane and take him down like he did Kingpin, who was stronger and more durable than Bane seeing as how he lifted a man completely off the ground with one hand and snapped his neck.

Lestov16
Bane is pretty phucked here. Daredevil massively outclasses him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I think Bane wins. Daredevil is more skilled but that's where it ends. Bane's stronger and more durable. Stealth won't work on him either. My bet is he has more trouble with Matt than with Batman but still comes away victorious.

How exactly has Bane shown to be more durable? DD defeated both Bullseye and Kingpin despite a stab wound. Did multiple backflips despite said stab wound. He was also able to take out a whole room of thugs. Bane never had a chance to showcase his durability like that.

Bane might be stronger, considering how he punched that pillar. But I don't think it would be much use if he can't hit DD. DD doesn't even need his billyclub to win this.

BlackZero30x
Daredevil wins this with so much ease its almost spite. Bane has no chance at all.....

DTM
Actually Id go with Bane, who was low level superhuman in strength and toughness, and he doesnt sacarifice any fighting skills or speed for that. DD will make him work for it, but Banes relentless pounding will give him the win more than not, IMO.

KingD19
Kingpin had superhuman stats, and a wounded, dead tired Daredevil made quick work of him. And DD is far faster.

DTM
Kingpin was strong sure, but didnt show to be nearly what his comic counterpart was, and personally Id pick movie Batman or Bane to take down movie Kingpin in a fight as well.

KingD19
Not close to his comic part, but he did lift a fully grown man(probably 250+) off the ground with one hand, then snap his neck while holding him in the air.

Nolanverse Batman would probably go down to Kingpin, and Bane eventually would as well since Wilson would not only notice his mask is his weakness, but go for that weakness.

DTM
Eh, Batmans first go around didnt notice Banes mask as a weakness, it wasnt until he was told about Bane did he purposely target that area (and even then it took alot to damage it). Movie Kingpin didnt do much for me really, he wasnt anything overly special, nothing that Batman or Bane couldnt have handled to me. He relied way too much on strength and thats it, where as Bane was Power and Skill combined. really. DD is a better fight against Bane, but the massive damage soaking Bane did in DKR just makes me believe hell break DD more than he gets knee-capped in return. smile

KingD19
DD's too fast for him though. He easily fought off Bullseye. He's clearly superhuman in stats, where Bane looks impressive against Batman because he's clearly human in stats.

DTM
DD was fast and agile, but to me not too fast for Bane to fight and hit, and his hits on a mostly armorless DD are going to hurt, bad.

Dr Will Hatch
Bane tanks all of Matt Murdocks blows...and breaks him.

Darth Martin
Daredevil is really nice. But Bane has an extreme pain tolerance. I hope none of you have the balls to actually argue Daredevil having a strength advantage.

He got bested by Elektra and Kingpin. Both whom Bane would probably kill. This dude Bane was cracking the Batsuit, breaking free from handcuffs with ease, putting dents in pillars, etc. He crushed a grown man's windpipe without even trying, and suffocated a wounded man with his knee alone. Dude was just a total savage. Savage that just happened to be a brilliant tactician as well.

Batman obviously isn't quite on Daredevil's level when it comes to martial arts but Bane was trashing Batman. He isn't flashy. Just an unstoppable brute force.

Daredevil looks amazing when fighting big groups of average combatants. But in a one-on-one scenario with nowhere to hide, no stealth tricks to use, etc. he's eventually going to have to get in close with Bane. I just don't see him surviving that.

Sticking with Bane for now.

KingD19
A heavily injured Daredevil took down Kingpin with one move. The same Kingpin who hoisted a 250+lb man off the floor, held him in the air with one hand, then snapped his neck. Daredevil's speed, skill, and radar senses will win him this.

Darth Martin
That's not accurate. Pretty sure Fisk was handing him his ass at first.

KingD19
I never said he wasn't. I said a heavily injured DD took Kingpin down with one move. After Fisk unmasks him, he dances around every hit, pops him a few times, then cracks both his knees backwards.

Kingpin even comments that he would have liked to fight Matt in his prime, and it was a shame he came to the fight wounded. I can't find the entire fight, but iirc you're right and Kingpin probably dominated the first half.

That's a moot point however, as we've seen how skilled and fast DD is while he's fighting at 100%. He's clearly faster than Bane, can break his bones which pain tolerance won't help with, and with his radar sense, he can figure out his mask pretty quick. And a baton strike will break it. He's also taken hits from Fisk and kept going, who is clearly superhumanly strong. So Bane's hits won't send him reeling like they did Bruce.

He's not the slouch Batman was, and he's clearly superhuman to some degree, while Batman is plainly human.

DTM
Fisk is not Bane though. Movie Fisk showed very little actual fighting skill, whereas Bane (being as strong as Fisk) also showed he was as fast, agile, smart and as good a fighter as Batman. Bane is NOT Fisk, beating one doesnt mean you can beat the other at all.

KingD19
But Batman wasn't all that agile, or fast, or that good a fighter. We only ever saw him fight random mooks with no experience. He fought some LoS ninja one time I believe, but got his ass handed to him against Ra's.

DD had a good fight against Elektra, and took on Bullseye, even dodged several high speed projectiles.

And I don't think Bane displayed anything as high in the strength category as Fisk.

What I'm saying is at the end of the day, DD is faster than Bane, can hurt Bane, and is durable enough to take hits from Bane. Plus he can see any weaknesses with his radar vision.

There's also the fact that Daredevil isn't a 40 something out of shape Bruce who will fight like an idiot.

FrothByte
I don't remember Bane being all that fast and agile. Batman was slow as turd, yet he was still hitting Bane. What can be said of Bane was how tough he was, tanking Baleman's hits. With that said, I also don't think he was that strong, because it took him a lot of hits to down Batman (though of course Batman was in armor, but still...).

juggerman
Bane was letting Batman hit him tho

Dramatic Gecko
Hey... Daredevil is Ben Affleck...

...The next Batman is... Ben Affleck...

I'm not sure what this proves... but just think about it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.