Link vs. Aku/Samurai Jack vs. Ganondorf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sacred 117
The respective protagonist of both series have been tasked with defeating the great evils of each other's worlds. Link and Ganon will be examined as their OoT and TP versions. All things considered for every character. All abilities and standard equipment will apply. CIS off. Will our heroes prevail?

KingD19
If the Master Sword can hurt Aku(which even standard I'm sure it can), and Jack's katana can hurt Ganon(which again yes), then yeah, they both win.

They've got feats enough from the game and show respectively that in a straight fight they can take the big bads down.

However, if they had to do what the other did in it's entirety, then they fail.

BloodRain
1 v 2 v 1?

The Scenario
Originally posted by BloodRain
1 v 2 v 1?

Link vs. Aku

Samurai Jack vs. Ganondorf

I can definitely see the protagonist winning in both cases.

Sacred 117
Hmmm, do I need to add to the heroes' challenge somehow, or is it still a fair contest?

ScreamPaste
Nah. This is interesting as is.

Jack's sword is certainly capable of hurting Ganondorf, but it lacks certain qualities the Master Sword does, such as protection, which is why Aku keeps BFRing him. Ganondorf should come out on top because hax, imho.

Sacred 117
Aku's semi-hax himself IIRC. Time manipulation and such. Plus, Jack's athleticism (superior to this version of Link IMO) and cunning could compensate for his shortage of specialized armaments.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Aku's semi-hax himself IIRC. Time manipulation and such. Plus, Jack's athleticism (superior to this version of Link IMO) and cunning could compensate for his shortage of specialized armaments.
Link's sword protects him, he straight up ignored time fields in SS with it, for example.

Jack can run with a 700 ton sumo on his back, IIRC, that shouldn't put him above Link physically. mmm

Sacred 117
Can't he also jump 100ft. carrying 20 tons? I don't remember the specified version of Link being quite that strong, but that's besides the point.

The Scenario
Jack shrugged off being crushed by a 700 ton sumo, never actually lifted the guy fully. What he ran (and did acrobatics) with was a Dangoro sized rock, I'd say he's above TP but below OoT in pure strength.

Jack's sword has reflected energy balls, so I can definitely see a round of Dead Man's Volley happening. Jack's pretty fast, too. .

BloodRain
I read it and looked for it, but couldn't find Jack ever moving with Sumoto on his back, only surviving the weight.

Otherwise he's doing as Sacred said, hundred feet jumps with large boulders on his back.

Edit: Dammit Scene >__>

ScreamPaste
Can't he also jump 100ft. carrying 20 tons? I don't remember the specified version of Link being quite that strong, but that's besides the point. Jumping 100 feet with 20 tons is good agility, but strengthwise it completely pales next to Link. mmm

Sacred 117
Don't forget the water drop feat. (Thanks for showing me that. big grin)

ScreamPaste
Ganon should be able to handle that level of speed with little problem. The real issue is and will be that Jack's sword is pretty freakin' hax if he actually hits you with it. With CIS off, that should never happen, Ganondorf should just TK him or AoE him at the start. shrug

Sacred 117
Considering it was forged by three gods (of different theologies) from righteous energy from one pure of heart (Jack's dad), I could only imagine.

One can't help but see the thematic similarity between these characters.

BloodRain
In holyness I cant see it being more or less effective than the Master Sword.

Overall stats and that sword, Jack should be on par with TP Link. Differences being Jack's skill adv and the MSs protection, and given the opponent he's facing Id wager that the protection has is more important.

Dorf is shown to be physically equal to TP Link, who only wins due to the offensive and defensive properties of the MS. Jack lacking half of that can only be dangerous, so Id say hed lose most of the time..

..then again he did defeat Aku, right?

Sacred 117
..then again he did defeat Aku, right?

That was my thinking. Even if Aku isn't quite as dangerous as Ganondorf (disputable), he's a comparable foe in many different ways, so there should be SOME familiarity.

BloodRain
Dunno about that. For equaling Jack, Aku should equal Dorf in stats, with Aku having greater destructive magic with Dorf taking better hax.

Only thing I remember from their fight is that they did some h2h action, no sword. Unsure what happens if Aku directed his magic at Jack.

ScreamPaste
I'm missing the part where Jack is physically comparable to Ganondorf. no expression I mean, it's not all that relevant since all of Jack's killing power is in his sword, not his strength, but struggling under 700 tons doesn't sound to be in the ballpark of Link or Dorf. shrug Irrelevancies.

Keep in mind OP has the CIS off as well.

NotAllThatEvil
Jack is quick enough to make up anu stats/protection link has over him. I see both swordsman winning... probably more easily than up against their own badguys.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Jack is quick enough to make up anu stats/protection link has over him. I see both swordsman winning... probably more easily than up against their own badguys.
I don't see Jack winning, and I'm not going to comment on Link for the moment.

Jack's in Ganondorf's speed bracket going by Link's arrows. If we include the lightning tennis there's a significant gap. Ganondorf is stronger and has a pile of hax powers. shrug Without protection from those hax, this is not in his favour.

BloodRain
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm missing the part where Jack is physically comparable to Ganondorf. no expression I mean, it's not all that relevant since all of Jack's killing power is in his sword, not his strength, but struggling under 700 tons doesn't sound to be in the ballpark of Link or Dorf. shrug Irrelevancies.

Keep in mind OP has the CIS off as well.
Dorf is shown to be physically equal to TP Link
20tons 20ms vs 50tons 10ms, not the widest gap to TP Link's.

But yer right, Link's strength was more of a method to get sword contact. Guess this depends on how well Jack measures up to Aku, see if he could deal with Dorfs tricks 'cause as it stands a Link rival without anti-evil defence is getting (and has been in the past) screwed over.

Btw CIS off, there a difference between that and bloodlust?

ScreamPaste
Basically, if a character would behave in a way that holds them back for plot reasons at times (Ganondorf backhanding Zelda in WW instead of cutting her head off, not killing Midna as Puppet Zelda, etc) are ignored.

Under these circumstances Ganondorf wouldn't spare or toy with Jack for PIS reasons.

BloodRain
So its the same as bloodlust? mmm

ScreamPaste
I think Bloodlust is a little different. It's basically all out, roflomggonnakillthisguyatallcosts.

BloodRain
We need more bloodlust mhmm

Sacred 117
Bloodlust, in some cases, IS CIS. I don't think plot has anything to do with CIS. That's what PIS is for. I think a more accurate example of CIS would be Link recklessly going for the throat right away.

ScreamPaste
Bloodlust, in some cases, IS CIS. I don't think plot has anything to do with CIS. That's what PIS is for. I think a more accurate example of CIS would be Link recklessly going for the throat right away. I don't see how fighting effectively counts as CIS. Link trying to run after a bird that can fly because he's mad is actual CIS.

Wei Phoenix
Jack and his sword can hurt and even kill someone that is literally evil, a time manipulating, shapeshifting sorcerer or whatever title you want to give him that rules over centuries and timelines, but he can't kill Ganondorf? That's pretty interesting and pretty much all I have to say on the subject.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Jack and his sword can hurt and even kill someone that is literally evil, a time manipulating, shapeshifting sorcerer or whatever title you want to give him that rules over centuries and timelines, but he can't kill Ganondorf? That's pretty interesting and pretty much all I have to say on the subject. Who said that? I said outright the sword could.

Sacred 117
I don't see how fighting effectively counts as CIS. Link trying to run after a bird that can fly because he's mad is actual CIS.

That's the point I was trying to make.

NemeBro
Aku roftlstomps Link.

ScreamPaste
You're bad at making good posts, go cheer Dolos on or something.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
Aku roftlstomps Link.

This is a first. Why?

NemeBro
Aku was the ****ing asteroid that killed the dinosaurs. His eye beams alone have destroyed cities.

You all need to cut your dicks off and hand them to me. You don't deserve them.

NotAllThatEvil
Jack hurt him.

NemeBro
Good for Jack.

Aku kills Link with eye lasers.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Jack hurt him.

Jack hurting him is now a low showing?

ScreamPaste
Good for Jack.

Aku kills Link with eye lasers.
Link deflects them. c: There is very little Jack can do that Link cannot.

NemeBro
Show me Jack deflecting one of his city destroying laser beams.

Ignoring that Aku could aim someplace fifty meters away from Link, and the resulting explosion would kill Link.

Wei Phoenix
So what can his shield not block, how strong does it have to be to you guys to break through the shield?

ScreamPaste
So what can his shield not block, how strong does it have to be to you guys to break through the shield? Not talking about his shield, it's the sword. It's a match for the complete triforce in power, and it protects Link, dispelling and repelling magic, he can reflect such things directly back at the caster.

Wei Phoenix
Not talking about his shield, it's the sword. It's a match for the complete triforce in power, and it protects Link, dispelling and repelling magic, he can reflect such things directly back at the caster.

And it's any magic, as in ANY beam of magic used against him no matter how strong the opponent is?

ScreamPaste
And it's any magic, as in ANY beam of magic used against him no matter how strong the opponent is? No, that is not the claim I am making, but something less powerful than the triforce? Of course. I'm not claiming it could best Dr. Strange, that'd be madness.

NemeBro
We've never seen it deflect explosions that have already started.

ScreamPaste
We've never seen it deflect explosions that have already started. The explosion Link deflected already? Assuming Aku does gain 50 IQ points and attempts what you say (vid of him doing this to Jack, plz) I guess the Hylian shield really will come in handy.

Edit: Spin attack. c:

BloodRain
Well Jack's father was going all Jedi on Aku's eye beams which iirc are building level.

Being caught in the blast is still going to be damaging though. Spinning or a small shield aren't going to stop an engulfing explosion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.