Wonder woman vs the thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win between wonder woman and the thing with prep and without weapons?

pym-ftw
If Thing uses his prep to go to Reed's closet this is spite.

quanchi112
WW wins without prep.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
WW wins without prep.

That's not in this scenario, pay attention Q.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by blade31092

What kind of preparations do you have in mind for Ben?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
That's not in this scenario, pay attention Q. Thing wins with prep. smile

Tony Stark
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thing wins with prep. smile

yes

h1a8
WW wins even if Thing has prep. She's too fast and has bracers for defense.

Branlor Swift
If Thing has access to Reed's tech...

She dies.

LeonBuco666
He hasnt even stated whether or not he has access to any of reeds prep. So to make assumptions that he wins w/prep because hes close to reed is nonsensical, because he hasnt stated he can or cannot gain access to reeds prep we can only assume he cannot, and for that, diana turns him into pebbles for her porch.

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
If Thing has access to Reed's tech...

She dies.

Not necessarily. She has the speed advantage and those darn bracers for defense.
We can't use a no limits fallacy here. What are some of the things that Thing can come with to the fight?

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by h1a8
Not necessarily. She has the speed advantage and those darn bracers for defense.
We can't use a no limits fallacy here. What are some of the things that Thing can come with to the fight? not much, because we can only assume he doesnt have access to reeds tech unless stated otherwise.
If he does, we could always go for overkill and he just whips out the UN for laughs if reed still has it, of course.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
He hasnt even stated whether or not he has access to any of reeds prep. So to make assumptions that he wins w/prep because hes close to reed is nonsensical, because he hasnt stated he can or cannot gain access to reeds prep we can only assume he cannot, and for that, diana turns him into pebbles for her porch. And then you realize that Reed left his entire lab, house and tech to Hank Pym

And he lets his kids play around with it, and even follows orders from Valeria from time to time.

Thing just doesn't use it because he doesn't like it. But if he did use the tech in the same building he lives and can go anywhere in, then he wins. Easily.

LeonBuco666
It still hasnt been stated whether or not he uses reed tech, so until its stated he can, then beats him to death in no contest.

ODG
He hasnt even stated whether or not he has access to any of reeds prep. So to make assumptions that he wins w/prep because hes close to reed is nonsensical, because he hasnt stated he can or cannot gain access to reeds prep we can only assume he cannot, and for that, diana turns him into pebbles for her porch. Ben certainly has access. When he turned human during his one day a year thing, he grabbed a random plot device gun to fight the Annihilation Wave off alongside Johnny and Franklin. Reed was off-planet at the time.

Branlor Swift
It still hasnt been stated whether or not he uses reed tech, so until its stated he can, then beats him to death in no contest. Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.
Beta Ray Bill would not have Scuttlebutt and Batman would not have the Batmobile, unless otherwise noted in the open post.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

But yes, Thing wouldn't have access to tech in a place he's lived in for 50 years (comic time).

Even though the team uses tech a lot even if Reed's not around and kids are allowed to pretty much do whatever.

LeonBuco666
Sooooooo.....reeds tech in bens standard equipment? If so then yeah, the thing wins fairly easily, but if he has to prep with his own resources ie no reed tech or outside help, he loses badly
I dont see where your going with 'he's lived there for 50 years' because if the OP hasnt stated whether or not he can actually use reed tech then it doesnt or wouldnt matter if he lived there for 100 years, he wouldnt have access

Branlor Swift
Sooooooo.....reeds tech in bens standard equipment? If so then yeah, the thing wins fairly easily, but if he has to prep with his own resources ie no reed tech or outside help, he loses badly
I dont see where your going with 'he's lived there for 50 years' because if the OP hasnt stated whether or not he can actually use reed tech then it doesnt or wouldnt matter if he lived there for 100 years, he wouldnt have access Good thing he doesn't have to per forum rules.

Well, it's a good thing the OP didn't state that in the opening post.

Except he does.
Imagine Ben just being cut off from a large area of his house:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2nb7s77.jpg

Bentley-23 and a group of Moloids were using a shit ton of Reed's tech in an effort to stop She-Hulk's date with Wyatt Wingfoot. It's not like Reed's tech has ever been restricted. Ben's workouts are tech based... like, just don't know what more to say.

bluewaterrider
Ben challenges Diana to a bench press contest, winner takes all.

h1a8
And then you realize that Reed left his entire lab, house and tech to Hank Pym

And he lets his kids play around with it, and even follows orders from Valeria from time to time.

Thing just doesn't use it because he doesn't like it. But if he did use the tech in the same building he lives and can go anywhere in, then he wins. Easily.

So give some examples of some things he can bring from the lab?
Don't get lazy with no limit fallacies now?

Caps Conscience
He hasnt even stated whether or not he has access to any of reeds prep. So to make assumptions that he wins w/prep because hes close to reed is nonsensical, because he hasnt stated he can or cannot gain access to reeds prep we can only assume he cannot, and for that, diana turns him into pebbles for her porch.

Why wouldn't he.

Thing: He reed I have a fight WW coming up.

Reed: OK grab the anti WW device that I have siting on the coffee table.

Thing: K, Thanx.

Sundipped
^
Lol that's like a form of psychic prep but I wouldn't be surprised.

LeonBuco666
Your missing the whole point if the OP states the thing cant have anyreed teck etc and must prep from his own resources, IE no reed tech or outside help, just his own prepping skills

Branlor Swift
Your missing the whole point if the OP states the thing cant have anyreed teck etc and must prep from his own resources, IE no reed tech or outside help, just his own prepping skills Quote that post

pym-ftw
Your missing the whole point if the OP states the thing cant have anyreed teck etc and must prep from his own resources, IE no reed tech or outside help, just his own prepping skills
You realize Ben has helped Reed in the majority of all his inventions and as Reeds best friend he has full access to everything except the Gem. Ben lives with Reed and Prep gives him access to the Baxter building.

Endless Mike
I dont see where your going with 'he's lived there for 50 years' because if the OP hasnt stated whether or not he can actually use reed tech then it doesnt or wouldnt matter if he lived there for 100 years, he wouldnt have access

pym-ftw
Originally posted by blade31092
This is literally the only post from the OP.

Branlor Swift
I don't know why people are having such a problem with this, not only has he lived there almost his entire comic career, but this is part of the rules. Since we have nothing else to go off of, this

Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.
Beta Ray Bill would not have Scuttlebutt and Batman would not have the Batmobile, unless otherwise noted in the open post.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t461496.html

h1a8
You guys are debating irrelevant and moot points since there is nothing Thing can bring to the fight that will beat WW. If you think he can then give some examples.

JayDaDon
So your saying there is nothing in Reed's closet that can defeat Diana?

Tony Stark
Ben has taken worse from better than WW and he has came out on top.

h1a8
Originally posted by Tony Stark

Really? So Ben has beaten high heralds or even mid heralds before?
Even if that was true then comics have PIS, forum fights don't. So what happens in a comic is irrelevant if there is PIS in it.

I can say the same thing with Diana, she has taken worst from better than Thing and she has came out on top.

carver9
What fts does current WW have that puts her at high herald levels? Scans?

ODG
Ben has taken worse from better than WW and he has came out on top. wat

-Pr-
If Thing uses Reed's tech, he wins.

If not, he loses.

Based

You realize you can say this about every hero in comic books?

cdtm
Originally posted by pym-ftw
This is literally the only post from the OP.

"With prep and without weapons?"

Well, the "without weapons" complicates this a bit..

Op should clarify what kind of prep they can use, if he wants this to be a weaponless match..

namorsubby
Wonder Woman

pym-ftw
Originally posted by cdtm
"With prep and without weapons?"

Well, the "without weapons" complicates this a bit..

Op should clarify what kind of prep they can use, if he wants this to be a weaponless match..
Even without "weapons" Reed has negative zone generators and cloaking devices. Not to mention a literal army of defenses.

Bentley
Thing could easily build timetraps and send WW to another dimension. He already bfrd Diablo to a limbo-dimension using tech that was just laying around in the Baxter Building.

Mshinu
Ben stomps, he just needs to press the button on the "I WIN" device he grabbed.

bluewaterrider
Drop an adamantium cage on her.

That'll keep her busy for awhile ...

SquallX
So i guess if were giving Thing Reed's equipment since there teammates, i guess the same thing can be applied to Diana too, right?

So i guess since Diana's a friend of Kal, she now has access to the Thought Robot, The Miracle Machine. Since she's also friends with the JSA, she can borrow the Worlogog from Hourman to right?

Don't any of you claims she can't do that because there not her prep gears.

Bentley
Thing has used Reeds tech several times through history, he has lived in the Baxter Building through all his story. Does Diana reside and plans her assaults next to the Miracle Machine? Love to see those scans wink

bluewaterrider

Does Diana reside and plan her assaults next to the Miracle Machine?
Love to see those scans ...

Here you go ...

wink

h1a8
Originally posted by JayDaDon
So your saying there is nothing in Reed's closet that can defeat Diana? NO! Now come at me. Give me an example of what's in Reed's closet that can beat WW.

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
If Thing uses Reed's tech, he wins.

If not, he loses.

I disagree. Diana is still faster and has the bracers to block most attacks. I don't see anything practical that Thing could bring to offset the speed advantage and the defense of the bracers.

h1a8
Thing could easily build timetraps and send WW to another dimension. He already bfrd Diablo to a limbo-dimension using tech that was just laying around in the Baxter Building.
Thing can't prep the battlefield. And what scans give evidence to Reed even having timetraps of the nature you are proposing. How did he bfr Diablo (context). Do you have any scans or issue numbers?

JayDaDon
NO! Now come at me. Give me an example of what's in Reed's closet that can beat WW.

No, I don't think ill even entertain that. Its so absurd I really shouldn't have to.

Uriel005
Thing decides to carry whatever made the Zeno's Paradox room into the field while carrying a sonic weapon, because the only thing that moves normally in that room is sound, which WW can't block. Exactly what is it in her kit that lets her beat that.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by SquallX
So i guess if were giving Thing Reed's equipment since there teammates, i guess the same thing can be applied to Diana too, right?

So i guess since Diana's a friend of Kal, she now has access to the Thought Robot, The Miracle Machine. Since she's also friends with the JSA, she can borrow the Worlogog from Hourman to right?

Don't any of you claims she can't do that because there not her prep gears. At no point in your post did you even make a point. Plus, none of the people you mentioned can actually just grab that equipment anyway.

Anyway, here's a good completely random application of tech.
Nova gets blasted and it creates a black hole that threatens to swallow up the earth. So Reed grabs a random gun and closes the black hole.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/02h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/03h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/04h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/05h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/06h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/07h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/08h.jpg

He's also got pocket universe generators that Ben actually built. He's got the infamous Celestial killing gun, tech that has blasted a hole straight through Thing easily, Etc. He actually has the tech that Ben helped build, used, or talked about. It's not even a team thing really, it's where he lives. Would you deny Diana access to the gear from Themyscira, like no one ever has in any thread ever? Would you deny Thor gear to Asgard, like again, no one ever has? But for some reason, Ben having access to common Reed tech is an issue. Funny that.

h1a8
No, I don't think ill even entertain that. Its so absurd I really shouldn't have to. That's because you can't think of anything.
You just typed more than it would have taken to give an example.

Remember Diana has vastly superior speed and she has indestructible bracers. You have to come up with something that negates her speed and her defense with the bracers.

h1a8
At no point in your post did you even make a point. Plus, none of the people you mentioned can actually just grab that equipment anyway.

Anyway, here's a good completely random application of tech.
Nova gets blasted and it creates a black hole that threatens to swallow up the earth. So Reed grabs a random gun and closes the black hole.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/02h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/03h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/04h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/05h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/06h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/07h.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/08h.jpg

He's also got pocket universe generators that Ben actually built. He's got the infamous Celestial killing gun, tech that has blasted a hole straight through Thing easily, Etc. He actually has the tech that Ben helped build, used, or talked about. It's not even a team thing really, it's where he lives. Would you deny Diana access to the gear from Themyscira, like no one ever has in any thread ever? Would you deny Thor gear to Asgard, like again, no one ever has? But for some reason, Ben having access to common Reed tech is an issue. Funny that.

I don't think Ben is getting around her speed. Am I fairly confident that her bracers can block/deflect almost anything thrown at her.
Plus Ben's character is not to kill (especially beautiful women). So he's not going to even try bringing something that can kill skyfathers or worst.

JayDaDon
So now your changing your stance? You said there was nothing reed had that could beat wonder woman, now its about Ben's character? Anyway since you asked, Anti-celestial gun ftw.

Bentley
Thing can't prep the battlefield. And what scans give evidence to Reed even having timetraps of the nature you are proposing. How did he bfr Diablo (context). Do you have any scans or issue numbers?

What Thing did in that issue was tricking Diablo into getting into a certain machine, when he intended to time jump into the past because he was being nostalgic of his era. Then he sent him to limbo, I think is during Heroes Return (maybe the 35-36 arc, although I remember the powerup plot as something different). It goes to prove that Thing knows how to operate and trick an opponent into a bfr with no claims.

h1a8
What Thing did in that issue was tricking Diablo into getting into a certain machine, when he intended to time jump into the past because he was being nostalgic of his era. Then he sent him to limbo, I think is during Heroes Return (maybe the 35-36 arc, although I remember the powerup plot as something different). It goes to prove that Thing knows how to operate and trick an opponent into a bfr with no claims.

LOL ok. Well Diana isn't being tricked her as she knows this is a fight. I don't think she cares about going to the past anyway. This sounds like bugs bunny stuff anyway. Bugs stops the monster from chasing him and changes the subject. LMAO.

So now your changing your stance? You said there was nothing reed had that could beat wonder woman, now its about Ben's character? Anyway since you asked, Anti-celestial gun ftw. I didn't change my stance. I never implied that Diana is impervious to anything Ben can bring. I'm meant beat her as in a fair fight, where she can defend herself or has the chance to attack first.

Lastly, What if that gun uses hyperspace energy (their known weakness)? Surely it won't work on Diana. What if it doesn't but Diana's bracers can block it, or Diana beats Ben to the punch?

JayDaDon
I said..
So your saying there is nothing in Reed's closet that can defeat Diana?

And you said...
NO! Now come at me. Give me an example of what's in Reed's closet that can beat WW.

I fraised the question very specifically and you said no. Seemed like more than an implication that none of reed's tech could defeat her.
Anyway based on the description(which didn't mention hyperspace) something like the Universal Entropy Gun would completely wreck her.

h1a8
I said..

And you said...

I fraised the question very specifically and you said no. Seemed like more than an implication that none of reed's tech could defeat her.
Anyway based on the description(which didn't mention hyperspace) something like the Universal Entropy Gun would completely wreck her.

Most things can wreck her if she gets hit.
She is fast and can beat Ben to the punch or simply evade him. Her bracers have not been damaged in comics and has deflected an entire pantheon's power.
Also,
This is assuming Ben fights out of character and don't cares if he wrecks the Earth if he misses and don't care if he kills her if he doesn't.

My argument is relevant to the actual fight and is solely about who would win this forum battle.

So assuming Ben fights out of character then she can still win by using speed.
Assuming Ben fights in character then WW stomps him even easier.

Bentley
Ben can actually operate a dimensional portal, so he can always bring the Rosebud II, switch on the time field for the machine, and then time stop the crap out of Diana. For example. Or just use a trap that pinpoints a zone and sends it to another dimension.

TheGodKiller
Diana wins, as she clearly enjoys getting spanked far more that Ben enjoys delivering it to others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.