Necrons vs Haloverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trexalfa
So who wins?? I decided to make this on a neutral forum because in Bungie forums I saw a thread in which everyone was saying "lol Forerunners curbstomp" without knowing shit about Necrons. No bias please.

Halo Array is banned.

Tzeentch._

NemeBro
The Halo Array doesn't affect non-living things anyway, isn't that the case?

trexalfa
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Halo Array doesn't affect non-living things anyway, isn't that the case?

Just in case, I remember that a single Halo destroyed a Precursor structure, and these people I talked about were speaking about the Forerunners being able to configure the Halos to destroy anything and were saying that Necrodermis would destroyed. Thus it is an auto win button, so it is banned just in case

NemeBro
The Necrons can destroy everything too though.

Celestial Orrery too strong.

Tzeentch._
It would take forever to destroy everythimg a sun at a time doe.

trexalfa
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
It would take forever to destroy everythimg a sun at a time doe.

The Necrons can simply stay out of Keyship's reach and use C'tan Shards to banish them all to another reality

Tzeentch._
C'tan shards get killed by tanks doe

trexalfa
C'tan shards get killed by tanks doe

I don't think so. Slow down time until they cannot even see Nightbringer moving and game over

ares834
Originally posted by trexalfa
Lol Forerunners curbstomp

thumb up

Tzeentch._
When has the Nightbringer as a shard ever stopped time?

Based
Obviously at that site they'd wank off to the Forerunners. I mean that's where fans go.

Regardless, Forerunenrs are fvcking insane. Now I don't know anything about Necrons but there are few scifi universes that can go toe to toe with them.

trexalfa
When has the Nightbringer as a shard ever stopped time?

Standard powers of a shard.

lol at that

Of course it was wank. They were saying that the Forerunners can throw suns at whatever they like (not true). People were mentioning the Celestial Orrery and the wankers (vast majority) were insulting OP and ignoring the CO. The vast majority of Forerunner tech comes from the novels, and I personally don't know what is hyperbole what isn't.

The argument of the Forerunners using Keyships to cause supernovas isn't valid as the Necrons can use the Celestial Orrery for the same effect without moving from their chairs.

Tzeentch._
When has a C'tan frozen time and to what extent? What is the range of this ability? How long can it be sustained? Can the C'tan perform other abilities while doing it?

trexalfa
Some info on Necrons of my own knowledge:

-Bodies made of Necrodermis, each soldier can regenerate after been ripped to shreds. Even if a Necron can't regenerate, its soul will go to the nearest Tomb World (Necron planet) to be given a new body.

-Gauss Weapons disintegrate enemies, Tachyon Arrows blast holes into mountains, Transdimensional Beamer vanishes the target to another dimension, Warscythes can rip tanks and bunkers in half in one slash and the melee Voidblade disintigrates to molecular level. Many more weapons.

-They've got ships that can access the Webway dimension for effects similiar to the Forerunner's Slipspace (FTL speed), have Sepulchres (weapons that make enemies literally go insane with terror), have weapons that leech the energy of enemy ships and renders them useless and a Death Ray that vaporizes enemies. They even have World Engines, which are planet sized ships.

-Their Lords have arifacts that lend them intangibility and instant teleportation, they have scarabs that plant themselves in brains (the victim becomes a mindless puppet). The Lords can bend time to their will so they act outside of time (they move faster due to this).

-Their Canoptek scarabs (which are so numerous that they can blot out the sun) can break down organic and inorganic matter. They got Megaliths that act as gigantic fortresses which contain several Monoliths (armed with Gauss weaponry).

-The Celestial Orrery is an orrery that maps every star system. Touching a star is enough for making it going supernova.

-They control their own pet lovecraftian gods, the C'tan, shattered and now as shards of their former beings. These star eating gods, even as shards have powers such as reality warping only limited by their imagination, energy bolts, mind control, control over the flow of time, banishing people to alternate realities, banishing people to the beginning of time, decaying touch, pyrokinesis, disrupt gravity.... They can even merge shards but the creature that results (Trascendant C'tan) rebels. Full C'tan can raze planets, extinguish suns and create Star System swallowing Black Holes.

-Their Crypteks can make enemies go insane, shoot energy beams with enough power to illuminate the whole battlefield, can control time in such ways as predicting enemy actions, crystalize time arround themselves and trapping enemies in slow time bubbles; can use alchemy and cause earthquakes and they can control weather to call lightining on their enemies among others.

These are just some of their forces, not all of them by a long shot

trexalfa
When has a C'tan frozen time and to what extent? What is the range of this ability? How long can it be sustained? Can the C'tan perform other abilities while doing it?

Read the post above. The time it doesn't matter, we know that a shard can do it as expressed in the latest Codex.

The only possible threats are the Forerunners and the Precursors in their uncorrupted forms. The UNSC, the Covenant and the Flood are just fodder.

ArtificialGlory
And yet, they are no match for teh Spess Mahrines.

NemeBro
Actually several times the Necrons have wiped out entire Space Marine chapters.

NemeBro

I haven't heard of a C'tan shard freezing time. The closest thing I can recall is that they can send other beings through time, sending them back to before the start of the universe.

trexalfa
Originally posted by NemeBro
I haven't heard of a C'tan shard freezing time. The closest thing I can recall is that they can send other beings through time, sending them back to before the start of the universe.

You can find information about that in the latest codex. However I think the Necrons haven't used C'tan Shards in battle in the time of the actual codex. However the stop time part is in the fluff about C'tan Shards.

NemeBro
I've read the Necron codex though.

TheRusmeister
Necrons. No competition. lol.

NemeBro
Send me a picture of your anus.

marxon12
I would need to say necrons without much issue. The Halo Rings have an effective range, hence why they built multiple and all Necrons would need to do is destory one of these rings and they're fine and effectively sit their and make every sun in orbit of a Forerunner world go supernova.

Aginste covies or UNSC Necrons roflstomp everything.

In fact even if you pitted Forerunners aginste the Imperium they still lose, when you consider that a single strike force of space marines is capable of quite happily taking on an entire army and still coming back with little or no wounds.

W40K just wins aginste almost anything just because the lore is designed to be crazyily overpowered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.