Samurai Jack v.s. Kenshiro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Basic knowledge of one another, in a forest.

Round 1. Standard encounter.
Round 2. Jack has a few days to prep.

Sacred 117
Kenshiro?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Kenshiro? Fist of the North Star. Extremely skilled fighter with hax techniques. Also, from what I've seen, one of the goofiest animes ever.

Yamcha
I don't see how Jack gets around Musō Tensei, and all it takes is one touch from Ken and I feel he can solidly take it :0.

ScreamPaste
I get the general feel that Jack is faster, making the touch harder to get! I base this on having seen more of Jack than I have of Kenshiro, so I'm prepared to be wrong.

Also, to be fair, swords aren't known for requiring multiple touches to incapacitate people themselves. uhuh

Sacred 117
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Fist of the North Star. Extremely skilled fighter with hax techniques. Also, from what I've seen, one of the goofiest animes ever.

Could you provide a video reference possibly?

Wei Phoenix
Fist of the North Star. Extremely skilled fighter with hax techniques. Also, from what I've seen, one of the goofiest animes ever.

Only suffers a few things from the 80s, it's really one of the manliest animes out there, Ken is one of the first masculine anime characters to openly cry and weep for his fallen friends.

Kenshiro?

All of this is Kenshiro.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Ken is a beast in the H2H department, like a complete monster with his powerset. He was Goku before Goku was created. Abilities he has are: Shuieshin, a technique that allows him to read his opponents style, copy it flawlessly and predict their own movements. This is first referenced in his fight against Shuu.

Hokuto Hyakuretsuken, which is basically 100 punches in like a second, or less that he usually ends with a special punch.

Hokuto Shinken is the style that all of this falls under, it's an ancient Chinese assassination martial art. He has many other styles under his belt due to his journey although it's rare for him to use them, one for being weaker than Hokuto Shinken, two because it's not really his style to just use other's styles.

Musou Tensei is broken, it's like a counter move. It has never been fully explained but say you try to punch him, if he doesn't want to be hit then he'll like "phase" through the punch and become intangible. It should be noted that he can't just stay intangible, or at least that he's never been shown that way. I also personally believe that the move will only be activated if Ken can perceive the attack and see it coming.

Forgot the exact name but some kind of dragon breathing technique, it allows Ken to use 100% of his body's potential and energy. Every time he screams and flexes off his shirt that's him using the technique basically.

Strength feats are pretty good, he's had some feats where he easily lifts a boulder which other fans have stated over 1000 tons, I say it's at least 100 tons, he's lifted huge ass boulders on two occasions. Guy stopped a train with just his aura. There are some others that I'd have to fish through.

Durability is immense as well, low piercing durability, he's tanked moves that could easily slice through steel though. Blunt force and punching is what he's most durable as.

Speed is insane, just utterly insane, the guy has tied cracking whips together before the opponent could see it. Some no name was spinning his scimitar in a circle like how a fan rotates and closed in on Ken who just casually punches him in the face between each rotation. There's more that I can share if you're interested. All of this is why I said that everyone named will either utterly destroy him or lose to him.

He's made a waterfall flow upwards with just his aura.

HSK (Hokuto Shinken) focuses on destroying the body from the inside out, so it's all about striking pressure points which can either make the body explode, shut down, or even heal others. He has moves that lets him control your body.

He also has a few projectile moves, tons of long ranged moves if you count Nanto Seiken but as I said earlier he won't use it under CIS rules or whatever it's called here where they fight in character.

To clarify earlier when I said he had low piercing durability. The instances where he's been pierced were with normal arrows but it didn't hurt him really. More like a needle prick. Once was when he was paralyzed and Raoh (I think) shot an arrow at a girl and Lin was begging him to save her so through willpower he broke free and was fast enough to intercept the arrow midflight and take it.

Here's a scene of that sword feat I was talking about.

ztSroX0Oqn4

In HNK 2 he fights against Kaioh, the master of Hokuto Ryuken and the technique Anryu Tenha which warps space around the opponent. At first it pretty much shut Ken down, but after mastering his MT he learned how to counter it easily.

After gauging his strength and getting tossed around he becomes a stone wall basically and easily tanks everything. That dragon breathing technique is shown in this clip.

Gh2vpMJVND4

Hey Shackles, found one of Ken's best strength showings, it's the rock he lifted and carried up hill without using 100% of his body's potential.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/braindude/hugerock.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/braindude/hugerock2.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k282/braindude/hugerock3.jpg

If anyone is interested in the alleged weight of the rock then here's a quote from a friend. I know there are some talks about other characters like Hulk, just throwing it out that I don't care to debate about Hulk's strength limit or whatever I believe his base strength to be. Not really here to debate any of that outside of the fact that the rock is heavy and massive as shit.

These are not my words

This next one is edited after checking with an old friend, still forgot the actual number but now it's a better ballpark area.

One of Ken's best speed/reflex feats. Hyo is about to kill some guy who's name escapes me. His move allows him to strike every pressure point in the body at once. Don't remember the exact number but I think it was 1,000+ points. Either way, Ken stops every single strike. The feat starts at 8:50

k6R-NxYq9lI

Kenshiro vs Han. At the start of the video they appear to be standing still even to the trained eye during their fight. At first Shachi can't even see their fists or the shadows of their fists. Lin/Lynn who has been with Kenshiro from the start and witnessed his Hyakuretsuken more than likely couldn't see their fight either.

ijRxkfN5cEc

He does have a few more feats from the OVAs as well. Some really good ones.

ScreamPaste
Could you provide a video reference possibly?
This is more Wei's specialty, but I'll dig something up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnK_IS7idZc
There's a good video, I think. mmm

Edit: When I'm late to the party, I really am late. no expression Thanks, though, Wei.

Wei Phoenix
This is more Wei's specialty, but I'll dig something up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnK_IS7idZc
There's a good video, I think. mmm

Edit: When I'm late to the party, I really am late. no expression Thanks, though, Wei.

That's his second time meeting Raoh again and fighting him with MT, as you can see he stomped him. Hideyoshi heavily draws inspiration from Raoh's character.

ScreamPaste
That's his second time meeting Raoh again and fighting him with MT, as you can see he stomped him. Hideyoshi heavily draws inspiration from Raoh's character. Question, if someone can harm intangibles, should they be able to get through Masou Tensei? mmm

Yamcha
Kens so damn manly xD, I was trying to find the video from one of the remakes where he faces a bunch of bandits and basically kicks this dudes top part of his head off so it's just his tongue and jaw which becomes a blood fountain and then pokes this giant and his head just basically starts melting and caving in and it's so badass ;~; idk where it is..

This will have to do ;~;
9_kgxSbt3eQ

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Yamcha
Kens so damn manly xD, I was trying to find the video from one of the remakes where he faces a bunch of bandits and basically kicks this dudes top part of his head off so it's just his tongue and jaw which becomes a blood fountain and then pokes this giant and his head just basically starts melting and caving in and it's so badass ;~; idk where it is..

This will have to do ;~;
9_kgxSbt3eQ

That movie was sad. In this very OVA Ken also fights while unconscious and severely beaten and wounded. He more than likely caught every arrow and sent it back in the scene at 2:44.

Yamcha
If you don't mind me asking Wei do you know which OVA this is and who he's facing? It's been awhile since I last dipped in FOTNS, but I've really wanted to check out the OVAs when I get a chance.
y9anHFTU2J0
Rei is my favorite character in the series though, I really like Rei Gaiden big grin.

Just curious have you checked out any of "Fist Of The Blue Sky"? That's another I've been wanting to look into, wanted to see how Kens ancestor compares to him lol

Wei Phoenix
I do not, that's from a Fist movie that I've never seen but always seen clips online. Never really looked into it either.

Never seen nor read Blue Sky, it conflicts with lore and history of Star, but from what I understand it's not bad, not great. I may check into it later down the line.

Yamcha
Ah no I'm in the same boat lol, I always have seen it around but had no idea where it's from. I looked into it at one point but that was a whiiiiile ago I have no clue now lol.

Yeah I kinda got that vibe from it, I watched a little of it (like a scene here and there) and Kens ancestor I really like but he doesn't seem as merciless as Ken (but I mean to be fair this is before the whole nuclear war thing so I guess that kinda makes sense eh). Rofu from Rei Gaiden was pretty awesome but it left me wondering how strong he was overall >_>.

SevenShackles
I enjoy all of the fist of the North Star love here. big grin

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Yamcha

This will have to do ;~;
9_kgxSbt3eQ

This is a closer look at the move he used to reflect the volley of arrows. Kenshiro caught every arrow and sent them back between all of their foreheads with at least four fingers (two on each hand.)

hE4e8MZwX0Y

ScreamPaste
Question, if someone can harm intangibles, should they be able to get through Masou Tensei? mmm sad

Wei Phoenix
Question, if someone can harm intangibles, should they be able to get through Masou Tensei? mmm

First time seeing it, sorry for the late reply.

As I've said before MT itself hasn't been fully explained. Some call it intangibilyt, others call it reincarnation. It's closest literal translation is "Transmigration From Nothingness" Something like that. If we go by it being intangibilty then someone with feats of hurting someone intangible would help the argument of them being able to hurt them. So in short, possibly.

ScreamPaste
First time seeing it, sorry for the late reply.

As I've said before MT itself hasn't been fully explained. Some call it intangibilyt, others call it reincarnation. It's closest literal translation is "Transmigration From Nothingness" Something like that. If we go by it being intangibilty then someone with feats of hurting someone intangible would help the argument of them being able to hurt them. So in short, possibly. Fair enough, thanks. mmm

Wei Phoenix
IIRC and I very well may be wrong but I think Kaioh countered his MT by using Anryu Tenha which basically warps space and time around the opponent and does some other shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.