Jedi's OR Matrix Regulators?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cookies2006
Who would win the battle of the Blockbusters?!

Republic Jedis or Matrix Regulators?

Ushgarak
Hmm... Agents are only any good on home ground, aren't they? So Jedi win the all-around award.

But in the Matrix Agents can just blatantly cheat. Being effectively unkillable is a big plus too...

GordonSkywalker
I say Jedi all the way!

cookies2006
But what about jedis on the regulators home court?

GordonSkywalker
Tough call.

justinday15
Jedis rule

cookies2006
Yes but the Regulators see things slower than what they appear.

GordonSkywalker
I wouldn't know as I have not seen Matrix.

cookies2006
Are you serious? Well watch it before you see the matrix reloaded. You can buy it on dvd for like 6 bucks or somthin. At walmart.

justinday15
Matrix on dvd is like 15 bucks, not 6.

justinday15
duh cookies! stick out tongue

cookies2006
i thought you said 6 bucks. But i dont know i have bad memory.

GordonSkywalker
All right guys, I will look into it. I may use a Neo avatar but that doesn't mean I am as informed of the Matrix as others seem to be. big grin

justinday15
celtic pride was 6 bucks.

GordonSkywalker
Is that another one I should see?

cookies2006
if you like basketball. But this has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

GordonSkywalker
Touche. The student learns from his master.

cookies2006
YEP!

GordonSkywalker
It can happen. In fact it just did!

cookies2006
it probably will again.

GordonSkywalker
Yes to keep things fairly on topic I say the jedi would beat the Matrix dudes easily. I expect to hear a lot of rebuttals though.......

justinday15
I agree, i think the jedi would win with ease.

cookies2006
i think it just depends on the turf. As said before.

justinday15
Yeah, I guess it would be a pretty good battle.

cookies2006
of course thats why its a good post.

Tevesh
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm................i choose choice C, the evil barney from another dimension wearing a flying weasle monkey's underpants rigged with high caliber explosives.

GordonSkywalker
What does a flying barney have to do with a fight between jedi knights and matrix regulators? confused

cookies2006
I think he was making fun of us.

GordonSkywalker
Is that true Tevesh? Are you making fun of us?

Tevesh
haha...no..just being as completely random as i possibly could.

depending on the turf, if the jedi hack into the matrix, well then the agents have the upper ground, because does the force exist in within the matrix? Would a jedi be able to stretch out with the force and manipulate objects and such? I really don't know. Plus the fact that supposedly agent smith learned to transfer himself into a people who hack into the matrix ...that means that agent smith would be able to take over the jedi's bodies.

ok anothing thing you gotta conisider, the light sabers can deflect blaster bolt no problem, but what about solid projectiles? Granted, they are really good at melting things, a bullet is traveling pretty damn fast. In the split second that the bullet passes though the saber, it has to be hot enough to vaporize the bullet, not liquify because then you have a molten hot piece of lead coming at your face.

Agents can't really fight outside of the matrix now can they? so that would not make too much sense, and the jedi's own everything out there anyway.

Tevesh
with the 3 years of chem i've taken, i can calculate how hot the saber has to be...but for right now, i gotta get goin i'll put it up if you guys want in a day or two

yerssot
could be wrong, but didn't a source once said a sabre is not hot at all?

GordonSkywalker
Fascinating yet again.

yerssot
I try my best

GordonSkywalker
I see more advantage in being a Jedi Knight than a Matrix Regulator though.

Ushgarak
Obviously trying to decode the physics of a fantasy object like a sabre is always a fruitless task. But from what we see in the films they are not hot- anything that cuts through blast doors with sheer heat would set fire to the clothes of those wielding it and melt the ice nearby on Hoth in quite a large radius. So techy SW fans like to assume that the fact that sabres cause objects to melt is not directly heat based- in the same way microwaves don't cook simply by being hot.

Tevesh
hhmm.....microwaves work on the basis of vibrating water molecules. the more vibration of the molecules that occurs, the warmer an object becomes. so in that case, is a lightsaber a sort of a very fine, percise tuning fork?

and would lightsabers be able to stop or deflect solid projectiles?

cookies2006
well if its not hot than why dont people bleed when their arm gets chopped off. Doesnt fire crispen the wound so no blood comes out?

Tevesh
well, they cartarize (sp?) because it makes the wound so hot that it doesn't bleed. my tuning fork theory, as it shall from now on be called, vibrates the flesh so excessivly that it heats it up and slices through, the heat caused by the vibration cartarizes.

but of course i'm probably completely wrong, i'm theorizing about a weapon a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

yerssot
that sounds like the working of a vibro-axe actually

cookies2006
hmmmmmm...... I-I guess that could be right.

Ushgarak
They cauterise because they burn. The point is that they do not burn by being HOT, but by other means.

Tevesh
so these regulators....are they from the first or 2nd movie?

and how does something burn by other means? i know coldness can burn.

justinday15
The regulators are the movie, without the regulators there would be no movie.

Ushgarak
Well, as we said microwaves burn without heat. It's just a matter of energy transfer. If you want to be really anal about it go to Bob Brown's Star Wars site. he has more detail and theories about sabres than you can possibly imagine, with all interpretations taken from canon sources.

http://www.synicon.com.au/sw/ls/sabres.htm

Tevesh
haha! thanks ush!

LaurenE147
The Jedi have the necessary powers of the mind in order to defeat the agents so I would definitely say the Jedi. (Is the plural of Jedi, Jedi or Jedis?)

yerssot
one Jedi, two Jedi

Darth Vicious
in my opinion the battle would have to be in the Matrix since the Agents dont live outside the Matrix and if so i dont think theres gonna be any force around the jedi plus the Agents are kinda immortal in the Matrix, so if it were inside the Matrix i would have t say Agents all the way, outside of the matrix, Jedi no contest.

Tevesh
ah, good point darth vicious, but if you've seen matrix reloaded you know now that not all agents are confined to the matrix

Ushgarak
This is becoming one of those silly anal fanboy debates that makes everyone look really sad.

Cool!

Ahem, the Force is EVERYWHERE, remember? Even so, Agents are more powerful on home ground than the Jedi are anywhere.

ScruffyD
Well since the Matrix regulators occupy the same role as the Sith do in Star Wars (evil opponents with special powers), then I'd say the Matrix dudes would have the edge... especially now that the first two episodes of Star Wars have shown that the Jedi are far from invincible.

Darth Vicious
Tevesh we cant be certain that all the agents arent confined to the Matrix since we havent seen Revolutions, whos to say that the "real world' is another layer of the Matrix also i was thinking since the Jedi already have skill and power outside of the Matrix whos to say those powers wont get amplified in the Matrix after all the Matrix is all about mind power and their mind powers are already developed!

LaurenE147
the real world can't be a part of the matrix. the movie is about the truth and that is not the truth

justinday15
After seeing the Matrix Reloaded, i have to say the regulators would beat the jedi.

jimbo3
I'd say they'd go on fighting and that neither would win. If I had to choose I'd say the Matrix regulators would win.

cookies2006
Once again as i said somewhere on one of the first pages we are in the matrix,so, i think the Regulators would win. They would kill with the ONE.

Darth Vicious
tRUE mATRIX ALL THE WAY, WERE THEY CALLED REGULATORS IN THE MOVIE OR DID U GUYS MADE IT UP? CANT REMEMBER

cookies2006
Im not sure...? I think they might of been called "Rebels" in Reloaded..?
HUMF! Isn't that ironic.

justinday15
Yeah they're the rebels, ive never heard them called the regulators in the movies, ive just read it on here.

cookies2006
I myself like regulators better?!?!

Tevesh
if the regulators play a parallel role to the sith, don't the hackers i.e. Morpheus, Trinity, Niobe, Ghost....etc. play a similar role to the Jedi?

The first movie showed that The Agents were far better than any of the hackers, except for Neo. So i'd have to say Regulators

cookies2006
Well said.... and i'll agree.

GordonSkywalker
Makes a lot of sense to me Tevesh and I agree with my young friend here as well.

cookies2006
This would make a freaked out movie.

cookies2006
But that will never happen.

justinday15
That would be bad!

cookies2006
Yeah it would wouldnt it. It could be possible to make it.?

GordonSkywalker
It would be one heck of a crossover film!

cookies2006
It would be the best for box office yet.

cookies2006
A mixture of SW and Matrix. WWWWoooohhhoooo that would sale tickets real easy.

Julie
is ther a doubt????

cookies2006
I think that might beat the box office record!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.