Darth Malak runs the gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Darth Malak vs these peeps, with 30 mins of rest in between fights, takes place where the sith emperor fought tol braga's strike team

1. Orgus Din

2. PoD Bane

3. Qui Gon Jinn

4. Revan when he was Malak's sith master

5. asajj ventress

6. agen kolar

7. TCW Maul

8. He Clears

how far does he get?

Stigma
Darth who? stick out tongue

Nephthys
I'm not really sure he can make it passed 2 personally.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Stigma
Darth who? stick out tongue
Seriously? (srry if that comes off kinda dickish)

Darth Malak was the reigning dark lord of the sith during the jedi civil war. he was considered one of the, if not THE, best swordsmen in the galaxy (at that time), and he is pretty potent with the force.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i personally think he can get past PoD bane

Mizukage Yoda
1. Orgus Din-Wins

2. PoD Bane- Unsure

3. Qui Gon Jinn- Wins

4. Revan when he was Malak's sith master- Wins

5. asajj ventress- Wins

6. agen kolar-Wins

7. TCW Maul- Unsure.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
isnt kolar said to be one of the finest duelists in the order's history? not that that would neccessarily mean top 10, or even top 100, but thats still pretty impressive, and could possibly best malak in a saber duel, although malak is also impressive with the force

red8
With only a half hour of rest, I don't know if he can get past Qui Gon.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
tell that to the other gauntlet creators, which usually only give 15 mins rest. smile

Master Han
LOL wait, how's he getting past 4 again?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im pretty sure he was somewhat close to revan in terms of power when he betrayed him, plus 3-4 years equals....

Vensai
Not sure if Malak gets past 4 after fighting Bane with limited rest.

Based
30 minutes of rest? Yeah, two.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
would it be fair if all of his wounds were healed as well?

Edit: yeah im officially changing it so that his wounds are fully healed in btwn fights

Vensai
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
would it be fair if all of his wounds were healed as well?
Could possibly get to Maul then.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i think he loses at TCW maul, considering he is probably a better duelist and slightly better force wielder than malak

Mizukage Yoda
Ah, didn't notice the 30 mins rest. He goes down at Bane or Qui-Gon.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Ah, didn't notice the 30 mins rest. He goes down at Bane or Qui-Gon.

changed it so that wounds are fully healed

red8
I feel that Malak is really underrated, but I'm not sure if he could beat Qui Gon, Agen, or Maul. As for everyone else on this list, I think he could beat.

Didn't Qui Gon stalemate Windu or something like that?

Agen was chosen to face Sidious. He didn't fair well, but the fact he was chosen should count for something.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yes, malak is very underrated, some even considering him fodder

Nephthys
I do.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys
I do.

Don't see why, but whatever

as aforementioned, he was one of the most elite swordsmen in the galaxy at that time, was the dark lord of the sith (of his empire at least) in an order where there are plenty of people vying to usurp your mantle, plus he killed a couple of jedi knights in like 3 seconds (although these are mooks, he did do it in like 3 seconds, force choked them, used the saber throw technique on one, and electrocuted the other i believe)

Edit: and i believe he surpassed sith revan in power, plus he was able to command the star forge, while the only other being able to was revan

Mizukage Yoda
I do.

Malak isn't fodder. He gave Revan a hard time as per Drew, that's damned impressive considering how Revan fodderized Nyriss.

Malak should be a bit above Nyriss. So probably Malgus level.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
and he fodderized nyriss while drugged

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
how far do u think malak gets yoda, with his wounds healed in btwn each fight?

Edit: srry bout double post

NewGuy01
He goes down at 2. PoD Bane is a boss.

red8
I haven't played KotOR in a long time, but I believe in game dialogue confirmed that Malak had surpassed Darth Revan.

As for him being cowardly, he was just killing two birds with one stone. Even Sidious, THE Dark Lord of the Sith, killed Plagueis in his sleep, and no one calls him cowardly.

ROTJ Vader
I'm going to assume this is Malak without the Star Forge. In that case he loses at 2. No way in hell he's beating Kolar or Ventress IMO.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
could some1 please re-state PoD Bane's feats? only a few things come to mind, beating sirak, beating kas'im by collapsing part of the temple, and becoming stronger than the scrubs of the brotherhood

ROTJ Vader
could some1 please re-state PoD Bane's feats? only a few things come to mind, beating sirak, beating kas'im by collapsing part of the temple, and becoming stronger than the scrubs of the brotherhood

IMO thats enough to be above a SCRUB like Malak.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i'll just go ahead and re-state

as aforementioned, he was one of the most elite swordsmen in the galaxy at that time, was the dark lord of the sith (of his empire at least) in an order where there are plenty of people vying to usurp your mantle, plus he killed a couple of jedi knights in like 3 seconds (although these are mooks, he did do it in like 3 seconds, force choked them, used the saber throw technique on one, and electrocuted the other i believe)

Edit: and i believe he surpassed sith revan in power, plus he was able to command the star forge, while the only other being able to was revan

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
also
Malak isn't fodder. He gave Revan a hard time as per Drew, that's damned impressive considering how Revan fodderized Nyriss.

although i dont agree that malak is on malgus level, not gonna argue about it tho

NewGuy01
1. He could unleash storms of Force Lightning that filled an entire room with voltage, and kill people on contact with it.

2. He reached the point as a duelist where he could defeat Sirak in seconds if he so wished, though he chose not to. Sirak was by far the best student in the academy, and it's stated that even the worst student at at academy is stronger than their average Sith Lords fighting on Ruusan.

3. He easily broke through Quordis's Force Defenses and strangled him to death via TK. Quordis's was the leader of the Sith Academy and one of the Brotherhood's founders.

4. He was able to release a Force Wave powerful enough to blow away the supports of the Temple of the Ancients, which caused the humongous temple to implode.

Those are his most notable feats by this point.

Nephthys
In RoT he also turns a Beast rider to ash and a drexl into a hunk of charred and smoking flesh with his lightning, in a scene that takes place a few days after the end of PoD so its still just PoD Bane. Also in RoT before that scene he casually unleashes a Force Wave which kills a soldier:

'The Force wave slammed into the woman's back, pulverizing her spine and snapping her neck as it drove her facedown into the dirt and pinned her against the ground. Her corpse twitched once, then went forever still.'

He's also able to make his lightsaber cross a large camp, well upwards of 20 meters, in a fraction of a second.

On the Star Forge maybe. Other than that he's not particularly impressive in terms of..... well anything. No particularly great combat showings or accolades that I'm aware of.

NewGuy01
Didnt Revan become immensely more powerful just before he fights Nyruss though?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
1. He could unleash storms of Force Lightning that filled an entire room with voltage, and kill people on contact with it.

2. He reached the point as a duelist where he could defeat Sirak in seconds if he so wished, though he chose not to. Sirak was by far the best student in the academy, and it's stated that even the worst student at at academy is stronger than their average Sith Lords fighting on Ruusan.

3. He easily broke through Quordis's Force Defenses and strangled him to death via TK. Quordis's was the leader of the Sith Academy and one of the Brotherhood's founders.

4. He was able to release a Force Wave powerful enough to blow away the supports of the Temple of the Ancients, which caused the humongous temple to implode.

Those are his most notable feats by this point.

average sith lord during that time= fodder jedi knights that malak killed in like 2 seconds. the worst students would also be fodderized. Darth Malak surpassed Darth Revan in terms of power, was able to control the star forge, could have killed the reborn revan when he first encountered him (he had revan suspended in stasis), had bastila not saved him, which proceeded with bastila getting defeated quickly by malak, a powerful jedi in her own right.

NewGuy01
But Sirak coukd also fodderize the worst students, and Bane could have beaten him in the first exchange of blows.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malak at the time he betrayed revan, was stronger than him (how powerful is darth revan compared to PoD Bane anyway?) plus he did defeat light revan in a NEUTRAL setting, and plus he had 3-4 more years to grow more powerful. also a question: are any of his in-game force powers canon? (like force leap, force immunity, etc.)

ROTJ Vader
plus he did defeat light revan in a NEUTRAL setting

Pretty sure Malak just gunned him down with a army of ships. Not sure havint played the game in along time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lemme link the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjd0XNsa4A

skip to 8:50, he has revan beat till bastila saves the day

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ultimately, PoD bane is impressive, and prolly better than half the people i put ahead of him, but i still think malak is better, if only slightly

Nephthys
Nah, the guy hasn't demonstrated anything that would put him ahead of Bane in my books. Already Bane has high-calibre Force powers and extreme skill, strength and speed in lightsaber combat.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
would you say PoD bane is stronger than darth revan/ light revan?

Nephthys
Well we know nothing about Darth Revan, making him a total unknown, but I don't think he's above Light Revan. But Malak needed the Star Forge amp and the ability to regenerate himself multiple times by nomming on those Jedi Masters to give Revan a good fight, even after Revan had had to fight through the Star Forge and beat Bastila. By the end of KotOR Revan clearly was far superior to Diet Malak.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im talking about his fight where he beat light revan on the leviathan, aka a neutral ground

Nephthys
Ah, then yes. What had Revan even done at that point? Beaten Juhani? erm

ROTJ Vader
im talking about his fight where he beat light revan on the leviathan, aka a neutral ground

He did?. Can you show me where?. Not that im doubting you, I just havint played KOTOR in a really long time.

Nephthys
lemme link the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLjd0XNsa4A

skip to 8:50, he has revan beat till bastila saves the day

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
beat the entire leviathan crew, beat darth bandon (prty sure malak said bastila would be a more powerful apprentice tho, despite that malak also kicked her ass.) re-learned the jedi ways in a matter of weeks, (possibly) soloed 2 large terrentateks (srry if i misspelled.) also, is it canonical that he slew uthar wynn, the leader of the korriban academy?

edit: im referencing revan's accomplishments

ROTJ Vader
beat the entire leviathan crew, beat darth bandon (prty sure malak said bastila would be a more powerful apprentice tho, despite that malak also kicked her ass.) re-learned the jedi ways in a matter of weeks, (possibly) soloed 2 large terrentateks (srry if i misspelled.) also, is it canonical that he slew uthar wynn, the leader of the korriban academy?

edit: im referencing revan's accomplishments

Thanks for sending me the link buddy.

ROTJ Vader
Ok. So he would proabably beat DoE Bane. Then he loses at 6 or 7 imo.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Thanks for sending me the link buddy.

no problem smile

Edit: also another matter: did bastila team up with revan to defeat malak? if not, then bastila was most likely also using battle meditation to help revan

Edit #2: i did some quick research, and it is highly likely that bastila's battle meditation was helping revan in his battle against malak

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Ok. So he would proabably beat DoE Bane. Then he loses at 6 or 7 imo.

hmm, that's arguable. all in all, i'd say DoE bane is stronger than darth malak, tho not by much

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lol seems like malak is alot more impressive than people thought

S_W_LeGenD
Revan and Malak have been regarded as CHAMPION Force-users in multiple canon sources thus far:-

1. Star Wars: Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
2. Star Wars: The Jedi Path: A manual for students of the Force*

*Only Revan and Malak identified as CHAMPION Force-users in this source.

Even Plagueis acknowledged powers of Malak and Revan and used them as examples to tutor Sidious. One such example given in the novel.

Bane was in awe of Revan's understanding of the ways of the Force. In addition, Malak was the third toughest opponent that Revan ever encountered in his life after Sith Emperor and an Imperial Strike Team. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Malak was immensely powerful during his reign as a ruler of a Sith Empire.

In-fact, Malak held his own against the trio of Revan, Carth and Bastilla aboard Leviathan.

The issue with Malak is lack of quality novels written about him. On top of this, outdated game-mechanics of KoTOR game do not reflect positively on his capabilities.

I think that Malak can clear this list, if he is fully healed after each encounter.

Nephthys
PoD Bane would still beat him. Malak suuuucks!

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

Unlikely! DoE bane possibly can.

By the way, I seriously doubt that Kolar and Maul can match Bane and Malak.

Nephthys
DoE 'possibly' can? aweroll

Malak has nothing in the way of feats or accolades that make him a particularly skilled or potent swordsman close to Banes level. He has nothing indicating his ability with the Force approaches what Bane is capable of. He's got nothing showing him as being an overall combatant in the same ballpark as Bane. He is completely out of his league.

If this thread were made a few years ago it would probably get shut down since Malak is a near-unknown.

Also I don't like him. sneer

S_W_LeGenD
DoE 'possibly' can? aweroll

Malak has nothing in the way of feats or accolades that make him a particularly skilled or potent swordsman close to Banes level. He has nothing indicating his ability with the Force approaches what Bane is capable of. He's got nothing showing him as being an overall combatant in the same ballpark as Bane. He is completely out of his league.

If this thread were made a few years ago it would probably get shut down since Malak is a near-unknown.
Of-course, Bane benefits from proper exploration of his abilities in the mythos.

But should we overlook the fact that Malak effectively ran a whole Sith Empire in absence of Revan? This accomplishment alone is testament to Malak's enormous power. During this time, he fell only to Revan and no one else.

You may argue that Malak on SF is not his normal self but Malak held his own against overwhelming odds even in a neutral setting.

So at holistic level, (Darth) Malak is apparently not inferior to Bane in any context.

I hope that Malak gets some quality exploration in future works of canon.

Also I don't like him. sneer
I can feel your anger. evil face

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I read up on malak's powers and abilities on wookie, it says he could use malgus-like force screams and rage enhancers. add that with his force mastery, and he's pretty frickin powerful, possibly dark council level or higher

Edit: actually Legend, malak manages to defeat revan on the leviathan, until he gets saved by bastila, who then proceeds to get her ass kicked by malak (being that malak beats her with relative ease, and considering she's powerful in her own right, that equals..)

also, agen kolar is considered one of the best swordsmen ever produced by the jedi order, putting him on-par if not ahead of malak in terms of saber combat, as i don't believe he ever recieves such a distinction. and TCW Maul is actually competent with the force (lifts giant republic gunship while injured). plus he has stalemated kenobi multiple times, and on one occasion beats him. that and he survives a decent amount of time against sidious.

ROTJ Vader
Revan the buttpirate, Malak the cripple. Lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
smile

Mizukage Yoda
I always theorized that Revan gained his LS abilities when he trained on Dantooine then went to Tatooine, Kashyyk, and Manaan, defeated Darth Bandon on that world. Then Revan got his ass kicked on the Leviathan. At which point Bastilla blatantly states that Malak could solo the Ebon Hawk crew.

However I believe that Revan gained his duel mastery of the light and dark sides on Korriban. Studying in the Sith Academy, and ultimately triumphing over the Dark Side, but gaining a unique mastery of the force. With this unique mastery Revan was now at peak power and pwned Uthar Wynn, as well as the Sith Master on the Lehon temple, then Malak himself.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
true, but im prty sure he did not master the dark side during his short time on korriban, lol. He mastered the dark when he was darth revan, so when he regained his memories, he knew both sides f the spectrum very well

Col. Valerian
I was under the impression that Malak attacked his former Sith Master from a safe distance because he was afraid to face him in combat... In my opinion, Malak was never above Revan.

Mizukage, I'm curious. Why do you believe Malak would be able to defeat Jinn, Revan and Ventress?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
time to quote it again

"I betrayed you when i realized my strength was greater than yours."

- darth malak

plus he beat light revan on the leviathan

Col. Valerian
So he says. It's not necessarily truth. And he didn't canonically beat him, it was necessary to escape the Leviathan and continue the mission. Plus, KOTOR Revan wasn't as powerful as his Sith version. He was still recovering his memories and his lost power.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
how can you say that kotor revan < featless darth revan? maybe when he was on the leviathan, but when he fought malak on the star forge, he was stronger than when he was darth revan

and yes, he did canonically beat him in a cutscene. he had revan in stasis, and prolly woulda chopped him in half or somethin. plus at that point bastila states that malak could, at that time, not only beat revan, but the ENTIRE EBON HAWK CREW

Edit: plus malak had no reason to lie, he even starts stating things like "you are more powerful now than you ever were as the dark lord

Col. Valerian
Yes, but that was later in the game. As the game progresses, he becomes more and more powerful. What you just said supports this notion further: according to you, Malak defeats him at the Leviathan, but at the end of the game in a DS nexus (the Star Forge) Revan defeats him... It's only logical, don't you think?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yes, but what im trying to say is: there is no evidence that suggests that darth revan > darth malak

Edit: and there's even evidence against such thoughts; darth malak's quote being one of them, other in-game dialogue, and that malak betrayed revan like 3-4 years before his death, so he definitely got stronger from then

Nephthys
Up to that point (Leviathan) Revan has nothing we can base his strength on, so Malak beating him isn't quantifiable. The only solo thing he's done is beat Juhani, everything else was with his party.

Col. Valerian
@XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

The fact that he was the Sith Master and Malak was the apprentice isn't enough?

It's actually the opposite. The burden of proof is on you; there is no evidence that suggests Darth Malak > Darth Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
you talk about how he did things with some members of his crew, but bastila states that malak could solo THE ENTIRE CREW and revan included

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Edit: and there's even evidence against such thoughts; darth malak's quote being one of them, other in-game dialogue, and that malak betrayed revan like 3-4 years before his death, so he definitely got stronger from then

Col. Valerian
So what? Bastila, a Padawan, is suddenly a great judge of this?

Oh and Neph, you actually take on Malak solo while on the Leviathan.

Nephthys
I know, but we still have little showing how good Solo Revan is.

you talk about how he did things with some members of his crew, but bastila states that malak could solo THE ENTIRE CREW and revan included

Even then the only thing they've done is beat Calo Nord and Darth Bandon. Everything else we don't know since you can do the planets in any order.

Col. Valerian

Darth Malak's thoughts are not proof. Anakin thought he would beat the shit out of Kenobi on Mustafar, and he didn't. Thinking he is more powerful isn't nearly enough.

What other in-game dialogue? From Bastila? Doesn't work as proof, either.

And what makes you think Revan didn't get stronger, as well?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
first of all, malak has no reason to lie about himself being stronger than revan was as the dark lord. the exact dialogue goes something like this:

"You would be an even greater asset than bastila and her battle meditation, if i could control you. But is is worth the risk? I betrayed you when i learned my strength was greater than yours. How can I be sure you won't do the same?"

-malak

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i know that revan became more powerful, of course he did. we're comparing DARTH revan to darth malak

Col. Valerian
first of all, malak has no reason to lie about himself being stronger than revan was as the dark lord. the eact dialogue goes something like this:

"You would be an even greater asset than bastila and her battle meditation, if i could control you. But is is worth the risk? I betrayed you when i learned my strength was greater than yours. How can I be sure you won't do the same?"

-malak

Yes, he has. Being egomaniac, overconfident, self-centered, and cryptic as most Sith Lords in history have been... Thinking he is more powerful really doesn't work. Dooku thought he was more powerful than Anakin. Sidious thought he was more powerful than Yoda. The list is long...

And that quote is actually from the end, when they fight in the Star Forge... You know, when Revan beats him.

EDIT - That's my point... That in-game dialogue refers to the Revan in KOTOR, not to Darth Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
hold on, im sorry if u misunderstood my argument. im trying to say that DARTH revan is not as strong as darth malak. i know that revan is better than malak at that time, because that revan > darth revan

Col. Valerian
hold on, im sorry if u misunderstood my argument. im trying to say that DARTH revan is not as strong as darth malak. i know that revan is better than malak at that time, because that revan > darth revan

Yeah, it seemed like you were arguing both things, lol.

But my point stands:

Yes, he has. Being egomaniac, overconfident, self-centered, and cryptic as most Sith Lords in history have been... Thinking he is more powerful really doesn't work. Dooku thought he was more powerful than Anakin. Sidious thought he was more powerful than Yoda. The list is long...

There's nothing solid that suggests Darth Malak was more powerful than Darth Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
dooku was more powerful till anakin went "in teh zone."

sidious was actually more powerful than yoda lol

Edit: malak was probably prty close to, if not already better than, darth revan when he betrayed him. factor in the extra 3 or 4 years malak has... you get the picture

Col. Valerian
dooku was more powerful till anakin went "in teh zone."

sidious was actually more powerful than yoda lol

Edit: malak was probably prty close to, if not already better than, darth revan when he betrayed him. factor in the extra 3 or 4 years malak has... you get the picture

No, he wasn't. As of ROTS, Anakin had become more powerful than Dooku. Even prior, in some TCW episodes, Dooku was extremely hard pressed against Anakin.

And no he wasn't. ROTS Yoda = ROTS Sidious.

He might've been close, but there's really nothing to suggest he was superior at that point. If anything, it's the opposite, seeing as he stroke from afar rather than facing him personally. His self-opinion is hardly compelling proof.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
there was a source that indicate "yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful sith lord the galaxy had ever known" or something like that. he would have lost had he not fled

also sidious, THE dark lord of the sith, killed his master in his sleep, upon achieving the skill and ability to do so.

Edit: he was simply trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, aka the jedi and revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
anyways, i still think darth malak would beat darth revan, especially because darth revan has no feats, while malak does.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
but he loses at 6 or 7, due to the fact that both of these fighters are probably better swordmasters, but malak has better force abilities than kolar, so malak has a somewhat decent chance of beating him

Nephthys
Bro, edit button. Stop posting so much in a row.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
smile

Col. Valerian
there was a source that indicate "yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful sith lord the galaxy had ever known" or something like that. he would have lost had he not fled

also sidious, THE dark lord of the sith, killed his master in his sleep, upon achieving the skill and ability to do so.

Edit: he was simply trying to kill 2 birds with one stone, aka the jedi and revan.

The G-canon ROTS script claims Yoda actually disarmed Sidious, and describes their Force clash with these words: "it looked as if the Sith Lord was doomed". Sidious wasn't superior to Yoda as of ROTS.

I'm not saying he was more powerful than the Emperor, I'm merely pointing out that we see on-screen is more relevant than any quote or statement, and what we see on-screen was pretty much a stalemate.

And yes, Sidious killed Plagueis in his sleep, but we can't really be sure if he was already more powerful than him at that point.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i believe the author states that plagueis MAY have been able to beat palpatine when he killed him in his sleep. that means that they were about equal at that time probably

The_Tempest
I would like to take this opportunity to voice my support for Darth Malak, who was a serviceable Big Bad.

If Tarkin had the dark side and pulled a Roger Ebert, he'd be Darth Malak.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
darth malak >>>>>revan>>>>>>>sidious and luke smile

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I would like to take this opportunity to voice my support for Darth Malak, who was a serviceable Big Bad.

If Tarkin had the dark side and pulled a Roger Ebert, he'd be Darth Malak.

Except Malak was noted to be kinda thick iirc.

What do you think about him in terms of the thread?

The_Tempest
Yeah and some characters think Daala was a tactical genius. Malak was no Palpatine, but he wasn't a complete moron either.

And personally, I've always put Malak a little behind Dooku in the grand scheme of things.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah and some characters think Daala was a tactical genius. Malak was no Palpatine, but he wasn't a complete moron either.

And personally, I've always put Malak a little behind Dooku in the grand scheme of things.

do you think he gets to 6/7?

Nephthys
I'm sure he was a decidedly powerful Sith and skilled warrior, as you say, perhaps around Dooku level. He's got ****all to show for it though and it would be impossible to justify in any meaningful way.

The_Tempest
Sure.

And I should clarify that when I say Malak is on or around Dooku's level, I do mean the Malak we saw at the end of the game, imbued with the power of the Star Forge.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
how far do u think he goes in this gauntlet?

Nephthys
Sure.

And I should clarify that when I say Malak is on or around Dooku's level, I do mean the Malak we saw at the end of the game, imbued with the power of the Star Forge.

Agreed.

Nephthys
As for the discussion with XSUPREMEXSKILLZ, I'm suddenly reminded that Malgus claimed to have surpassed Vitiate, extremely similarly to how Malak claimed to have surpassed Revan.

A good example for why we shouldn't exactly just take Siths word about their power.

ares834
Even with full rest he isn't beating 4.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
when does malgus say that? just askin

Nephthys
I'm fairly sure he says it after he tries to become the new Emperor.

Mizukage Yoda
I'm fairly sure he says it after he tries to become the new Emperor.

I don't recall that. All he says is that the Emperor was apathetic. Not that he was more powerful.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah im prty sure he never says that, lol

ares834
No, he claims it. However, it's only if a Jedi Knight says something to him. I'll look and see if I can find what he says.

ares834
Here is what he says. "I understand you've been here before, Jedi. But the Emperor you defeated was a shadow of my power."

Anyway, Malak also claims Revan is a speck beneath his notice and then proceeds to get his ass kicked by Revan a few minutes later. Not sure why we would put a ton of faith in what Malak claims.

Nephthys
It always amazes how I can forget things as I'm doing them but somehow remember obscure Star Wars facts off the top of my head that I read once years ago.

For the record Vitiate also claims the HoT's nothing compared to him. Right before running into a lightsaber.

juyomaster34
Malak won't pass 2.

Master Han
^ Speaking about PoD Bane, the fact that he lauds Darth Revan but doesn't give two shits about Malak sort of suggests that the latter was talking out of his ass when he claimed he's surpassed his master.

Intrepid37
Why is it that everyone in-universe mentions Revan but not HoT?

Nephthys
Other than the HoT not being invented yet?

Probably because its implied the HoT is going to be the next Emperor. >:]

V Lmao, posted right as I posted!

Based
The dick answer would be that the HoT wasn't written yet.

Master Han
The dick answer would be that the HoT is piss weak.

ares834
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Why is it that everyone in-universe mentions Revan but not HoT?

'Cause Revan>HoT.

Col. Valerian
Nah.

Originally posted by Master Han
^ Speaking about PoD Bane, the fact that he lauds Darth Revan but doesn't give two shits about Malak sort of suggests that the latter was talking out of his ass when he claimed he's surpassed his master.

This. Yes. I've been sayin this, SUPREMESKILLZ. Others agree.

Darth Revan > Darth Malak as far as we know.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
alright, i guess i must concede to your superior logic.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Nah.

This. Yes. I've been sayin this, SUPREMESKILLZ. Others agree.

Darth Revan > Darth Malak as far as we know.

I mean he lauded Revan for the Rule of Two as far as I remember. Revan was the strategist and the brilliant mind behind the Sith War effort, but that has nothing to do with personal martial prowess.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.