Qui Gon V.S. Darth VAder?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cookies2006
Who would win this epic Battle.

Ushgarak
Before or after Vader's injuries?

cookies2006
Like he is is in ep4.

Ushgarak
Qui-Gon then.

GordonSkywalker
Yes, Qui Gon would win in any duel between him and Vader. Keep in mind he would be even older than he was in TPM, so if Vader is not too badly injured he might do what Darth Maul did, in my opinion.

Ushgarak
Oh, well, if it has to be Qui-Gon 20 years later... ummm... well, if he keeps in training he would still be damn good, like Dooku. If he has retired he would have lost it a but by then, like Obi-Wan.

GordonSkywalker
Yes that's the trick of the question isn't it? Are we talking about an older Qui Gon or a Qui Gon as he was in the first episode? I am not too clear on that. Nevertheless it is a fascinating thought.

Member.
qui-gon as he is now > vader in ep4

GordonSkywalker
Then Qui-Gon could take him.

Member.
so we all agree qui-gon winsbig grin

Julie
uh...I voted for vader

GordonSkywalker
I still say it's Qui-Gon's court.

cookies2006
Its OLDER Qui Gon, but still in training<>Vader in ep4.

cookies2006
My fault for not asking the Q clearly.

GordonSkywalker
Then maybe Vader would have a chance but only if it's an older(and tired) Qui-Gon who fights him.

cookies2006
It would be hard to determain.

justinday15
Vader, because Darth Maul beat qui gon, obi wan beat darth maul, and vader beat obi wan.

justinday15
but then again, obi wan let vader kill him

cookies2006
true. But as said earlier its (vader of ep4)<>(older more trained QG)

GordonSkywalker
Yes so there remains a chance that either could win. My money is on Qui-Gon Jinn, however.

Member.
qui-gon def.

Tevesh
no way quigon would win. it would be vader by far. come on! he only killed or help kill like every jedi except yoda and obi wan

Julie
well....this hypothetical situation is neck and neck

GordonSkywalker
Round and round we go.....

Evil Windu
vader i guess.

Ushgarak
I am afraid Justindays logic is flawed; Obi-Wan did not defeat Maul in a swordfight; he simply took advantage of Maul's arrogance. Obi-Wan rather clearly lost the actual swordfight.

And by the time Vader and Obi-Wan fought, Obi-Wan was a very different being to what he was in TPM. The two cannot be compared.

Fact is, GL made it clear that the Original Trilogy sabre combatants were not un to par with the prequel era ones so unless

a. it is Vader before the injuries

or

b. It is a much older Qui-Gon whose powers have lapsed (which seems an odd thing to assume because no such thing will ever happen on film)

... then QGJ wins easily.

Tevesh
vader is more powerful then yoda though, remember the medichlorins (sp?) sure that doesn't automatically make him more powerful than QGJ, but still he KILLED all the other jedi!

Vader is slow, he can't fight as fast as he could before he turned into the million dollar man, but his ability to wield the force is much much greater. He absorbed the blaster shot from Han's blastech right? well, yoda absorbed dooku's force lightning and used that energy to fight him in the lightsabre duel.

so what's to stop vader from absorbing QGJ's lightsabre for a moment and unleasing a force can of whup ass?

P.S. we've never seen yoda move as fast as he did after he absorbed the lightning from dooku. Maybe vader will be able to move just as fast?

Ushgarak
Yoda could always move thatg fast, he just hid his true strength. Vader is a cripple.

it is all very well to talk about force powers being supreme but the films have made it very clear that the sabre is the primary weapon of choice for dispatching another force user. Only with a HUGE gap in ability- The Emperor to trainee Luke- could you purely use force powers. Dooku could not even overcome Obi-Wan, much his inferior, with his vaunted lightning.

It comes down to the duelling and Vader just is not as good as Qui-Gon or any of the decent fighters of that era because of his injuries.

If you wanted to have a pure force match that is really a whole different thing.

Tevesh
oh. and the fact that obiwan took advantage of mauls arrogance doesn't matter. obi wan still beat maul. maul's weakness was his arrogance, and obiwan took advantage of that. I'm sure both vader and quigon have weaknesses of their own, and both will try to take advantages of the others weakness, regardless of what it is.

Tevesh
so i guess the question is are we talking a pure saber match, a pure force match, or a mixture of both?

Ushgarak
To your first point, we can't really, when trying to compare who will beat who, start assuming that one guy would have won but then cocked up because he was evil. Really it is a comparison about who is better; Maul was better than Obi-Wan.

A sabre match is the only way to determine who would really kill whom.

Tevesh
i just want to point out that the original post was just plain vs. not saber fight, which leads me to that it would be a both saber and force oriented battle....and in that case, vader would win. seriously- vader could just pick quigon up and bash him senseless into a wall.

well, it always seemed as though yoda was "crippled" by old age, before AOTC we never knew he would be able to pimp slap anyone like that around. so if he always hid his true strength, why didn't he defeat vader? or the emporer?

second, how do we know that anakin isn't hiding his strength? after all, the first trilogy never really got us close to the character of darth vader, we don't really know what he was capable of. how many times did vader even use a light saber in the first trilogy? like 3 times? one with obi wan, one with luke (who he obviously wasn't going to kill) and luke again in rotj.

cookies2006
Yes, but this is supposed to be when Qui gon has been trained to the age of what vader is.

Julie
Wow this is a close one

Ushgarak
Ok, first of all, GL SAYS Vader is a cripple. He is hiding nothing. Point closed.

Yoda could not beat the Emperor presumably because the Emperor was better.

And no, Vader could NOT just beat QGJ by bashing him into a wall. You obviously did not read what I said. Sabres are the weapon to dispatch other force-users because Force Powers DO NOT WORK. As I already mentioned with the Dooku/Obi-Wan example, they are too easily countered. You have to be VASTLY superior and wholst Vader is very good he is not better than Qui-Gon to THAT degree.

So unless this is force ONLY, which it is not, only sabre skills can really be considered for who would win. So Qui-Gon would win because he woul easily out-sabre the crippled Vader.

GordonSkywalker
Yes I think we got your point Ush. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tevesh
Aright, Ush, i'll give in. but i still say vader will win, just as a matter of my own opinion.

cookies2006
dont give in . everybody has there own opinion

GordonSkywalker
Yes but I feel Ush is sharing his own ideas with us and we should try to be open to that.

cookies2006
i never said i didnt. o well lets get over it.

GordonSkywalker
Don't fret we are all entitled to our opinions.

cookies2006
Yes. I know. Anyway QGJ would be stronger with the force and what not but he would be about 70 or so too.

GordonSkywalker
That might prove a barrier he couldn't overcome. Sort of like Old Obi-Wan was "getting far too old" to go rescue Leia without some help.

Tevesh
it did cross my mind that qui gon would be pretty old. but dooku was too remember? of course, dooku WAS using the dark side of the force....

and i STILL think vader would win....

Member.
hm...damn i hate getting old.

GordonSkywalker
Yes point taken. Dooku was far older than Qui Gon would have been in "Clones".

cookies2006
he should of been anyway.

Tevesh
i have hard that qgj was going to be coming back in ep3 in spirit form...don't know if its true or not.

hey! maybe we'll be able to see a really cool spirt qgj vs pre bionical anakin!

Ushgarak
Unlikely...

Myndon
He might come back as a spirit but he's dead so how can he fight anakin

GordonSkywalker
My way of thinking as well. I think the duel in Star Wars: A New Hope already demonstrates that Vader became Obi Wan's responsibility to stop, and there would be no interference from Qui Gon Jinn in any capacity. As to what part the slain jedi master will play in Episode 3 we will have to wait and see.

Tevesh
I WAS only joking about the fight of course. but i think it would be cool to see the spirit from of qgj.

Member.
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
Oh in that case yeah it would be cool to see him in spirit form.

justinday15
That would be cool to see qui gon in episode III.

GordonSkywalker
Yes that would be an extra bonus so to speak.

cookies2006
Sort of possible? Since he was the one who ordered the clones in the first place.

Tevesh
are you talking about qgj making the order for the clones, cookie?

GordonSkywalker
I believe he is. It is hard keeping track of everything here.

Tevesh
how and more importantly why would qui gon put in the order for the clones? i don't believe that the movies make any references or hints to that idea.

GordonSkywalker
Ah...it is one of those as yet unresolved mysteries which will hopefully be settled when Episode 3 comes out.

yerssot
I SERIOUSLY doubt it was QG

cookies2006
I dont either but we need to look at every little detail for some specific reasons.

GordonSkywalker
Yes this is the path to knowledge my friends.

cookies2006
We can atleast think of some ideas to think about that interest us.

master harmax
Vader obviously ! geek

cookies2006
Yeah! Thats one.

GordonSkywalker
Darth Vader could maipulate the Force to kill Master Qui Gon but I do not think he would because of his respect for the Jedi Master as depicted in the much-lamented Episode I. Some will probably argue he killed Obi Wan Kenobi easily enough but there were inherent problems between these two that would not apply in any stand off between the Dark Lord and QGJ. eek!

cookies2006
We wouldnt really know unless QGJ lived.

LaurenE147
Who do y'all think Sifo-Dyas is?

cookies2006
Im pretty sure it was QGJ. Am i wrong.

GordonSkywalker
{That is a difficult thing to contemplate at the moment. It has been so thought before but no one seems to know for sure.}

cookies2006
We dont really know that much about anything just rumors.

Tevesh
are there any facts to support that rumor though?

Ushgarak
QGJ- extremely unlikely. Does not work for many reasons.

Still most likely to simply be a dead Jedi Master that Palpatine imitated.

However, if you want a discussion about this, used a dedicated thread. Better still, have a look at the long (and heated) discussion there has already been about it.

cookies2006
Thats what rumors are. Just something you hear about without any proof.

GordonSkywalker
True my young apprentice and I have learned something new from you this time.

Tevesh
I'd go with Palpatine or Dooku being syfo dias

GordonSkywalker
I agree with my friend here.

cookies2006
But Obi1 said master syfo dias died over 10 years ago which is when GQJ died.

GordonSkywalker
QGJ died exactly ten years before Obi Wan learned of the clone army in Attack of the Clones. Whoever Syfo Dias was he died OVER ten years ago so using this logic we can see they cannot be the same person. smile

LaurenE147
unless QGJ used a fake name which is a possibility.

GordonSkywalker
This has been discussed elsewhere I believe.

yerssot
indeedy, so lets better get ontopic again

LaurenE147
Vader. Easy.

GordonSkywalker
Qui Gon.

cookies2006
I think QGJ would win too. He would have the most experience besides OBI1.

Tevesh
I have to stay with Vader

GordonSkywalker
I have to stay with Master Qui Gon the embodiment of a Jedi Knight.

LaurenE147
Vader. That's all I have to say. Vader.

And by the way, everybody go to teh TV guide website and vote for Darth Vader as the best villain of all time.

GordonSkywalker
I still think out of the two QGJ is the best Lauren.

LaurenE147
the better Jedi is Qui-Gon. But in a duel between the two of them with both at their most powerfu? Vader.

GordonSkywalker
Vader from ANH vs. QGJ from TPM= QGJ

LaurenE147
Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree

GordonSkywalker
Exactly. You say one thing and I say another.

cookies2006
As i said before, its QGJ living in ANH V.S. Vader in ANH.

GordonSkywalker
I apologise I must have misunderstood. In that case if such a battle was to take place then I must change my vote to-Darth Vader. Though I still do not think it would come to that if QGJ was still alive.

cookies2006
Me either, but i still think QGJ would win anyways because he would be far more experienced. Or however you spell it.

GordonSkywalker
||That is how you spell it.||

cookies2006
Thanks gordon! cool

master harmax
VADER OBVIOUSLY. TELL EM YERSSOT. sad

yerssot
He is the Chosen One, you must see it! wink

master harmax
**** HARMAX JUMPS UP AND DOWN, DOES TWO BACKWARD SOMERSAULTS, AND LANDS ON HIS HEAD !!! ****

Yessiree Bob ! Thats Yerss allright !

Sweet words yerss, sweet words !!

How long and often must they be repeated, and for how many years before they get it ?
Happy Dance smokin'

yerssot
oh, I don't mind repeating that one wink

master harmax
Guess we'll have to keep repeating that one as long as Ush is interested in this thread !

yerssot
great!
He is the Chosen One, you must see it!

master harmax
he IS the chosen one.
u must see it. mad

yerssot
I thought I already did wink

master harmax
You sure did. But what about the rest of them ?

yerssot
they don't see it wink

master harmax
No they dont. Foolish ones. Tsk.Tsk.Tsk. sad

yerssot
they have to check the movies again!

cookies2006
We can almost never be positive about our conclusions.

cookies2006
So we can mostly only rely on opinions.

cookies2006
Atleast until the movie arrives.

master harmax
* sigh * ... this IS the very last SW movie u know ... sad

cookies2006
Well yeah probably but i think they could make more if they wanted to.

aneekin

spencerspider
wtf is up with u and the edits? anyway darth vader kicks qui gons ass from the east side of the galaxy to the right

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by aneekin

Way to dig up a pointless two year old thread... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lol, "Restricted". laughing out loud

spencerspider
lol

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Julie
uh...I voted for vader

exactly

spiderboy5
Originally posted by DrDoom101
exactly lmfao laughing

spencerspider
Dude it's like an cat vs a dog except the dog is very bad ass and the cat well is a baby kitten

spencerspider
If u voted Qui Gon you r a dumbass

DrDoom101
um, duh

darthsith19
Yo, there is a versus thread here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/

But anyway, Qui-Gon. He discovered the path to immortality. TPM novel states that his saber skills rival Mace Windu's. Vader struggles to beat a Padawan who had 3 years of training.

Jedi StunRun
Qui-Gon got his a$$ kicked by Maul in his younger days, there's no way he'd beat Vader before OR after his injuries

Jedi StunRun
Originally posted by darthsith19
Vader struggles to beat a Padawan who had 3 years of training.

Luke got the better of him in Jedi - and for good reason. in ESB he didnt know that Vader was his father, and because of his feeble skills and 3 years of experience - he got his ass kicked - which is understandible, but after eventually coming to terms with the truth, it gave him an emotional motive and determination, and also using the force as his ally to bring his father back to the light - not to mention, he IS a Skywalker.

So i wasnt surprised at all that he managed to defeat Vader - in the end.

overlord
Ataru has weak points, Vader with mastery over Shienn will beat Qui-Gon with his hand behind his back.

b-dan
vader would kick Qui-gon`s ass all over what ever planet they were on

darthsith19
Originally posted by Jedi StunRun
Qui-Gon got his a$$ kicked by Maul in his younger days, there's no way he'd beat Vader before OR after his injuries
1. That's coming from the guy who says Anakin>Sidious
2. Qui-Gon actually put up a good fight + Maul's really strong
3. Are we talking Qui-Gon had he lived until ANH or TPM Qui-Gon?

1. He got his ass kicked in ESB, did he? I don't remember that. I remember him losing but not badly. he cut Vader's arm, kicked him and shit a bunch of carbon smoke at him. No, he didn't do bad at all.
2. Okay, so he's a Skywalker. So I guess Shmi could have killed Vader is she had had 3.5 years of training, right?
3. TPM Qui-Gon would own ESB Luke.

Jedi StunRun
just an opinion....chillno expression

"it gave him an emotional motive."- this is what helped him defeat Vader - you cant argue with that

Jedi StunRun
Originally posted by darthsith19
1. That's coming from the guy who says Anakin>Sidious

huh?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Jedi StunRun
just an opinion....chillno expression

"it gave him an emotional motive."- this is what helped him defeat Vader - you cant argue with that
Allright, so I might have gone just a bit overboard. Sorry. He defeated Vader in ROTJ? But what's Vader being his father have to do with that?

Here.

lord_arnack
I would said vader, because remeber that obi wan said to luke that vader hunt down an kill the jedi and palpatine said that the remaning jedi would we hunted and defeted a suppose that vader did the hunting of the jedi after his injuries and I mean the jedi that were not in the jedi temple

darthvader_fan
YEA GO DARTH VADER

Lord Mader
Wow r u serious Qui Gonn win? lol, I don't think so. Remember Vader was beleived to be one of the most powerful sith lords ever existed. He is even stronger than b4 in episode 3. U have to think that Vader had to learn something in 20 years

darthvader_fan
vader is still a pimp stick out tongueimp:

truejedi
If Qui Gonn could beat Vader, it would kinda cheapen Vader's status as the very baddest of bad villian of all time would it not? Shouldn't we want to believe that Vader was untouchable except by Luke, and that just kinda happened caused Sidious did make him mad in the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.