Chuck Norris Katarn runs the gauntlet ;)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
kyle katarn in his prime vs this string of peeps with full rest in between

1. kas'im

2. PoD Bane

3. Darth Malak

4. Darth Malgus

5. TCW Maul

6. Revan (prime)

7. Darth Vader (suit prime)

8. Mace Windu (is allowed to use vaapad/shatterpoint)

9. he clears

how far does he get?

Master Han
Dies at one...wink

But seriously, Katarn's most prominent feats happen in a video game, so...

Nephthys
I've got no fawkin idea, lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lol do i have to do this again?

During the events led by Desann, Katarn showed a great mastery of the Force by relearning powers of both the light and dark side of the Force in a relatively short amount of time.

During the events of the Disciples of Ragnos Crisis, Katarn had already become one of the strongest swordsmen in the New Jedi Order and successfully trained Jaden Korr, arguably the most famous hero during those events. An extraordinary swordsman, Katarn became the New Jedi Order's foremost Battlemaster. His general mastery of the Force was incredible and surpassed all but the strongest Jedi Masters. Even Darth Caedus acknowledged Katarn's abilities, something he rarely did

he also defeats 7 dark jedi masters (obviously not at the same time)
with little training in the ways of the force

Nephthys
No, I know that. I've actually played Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy. I'm just not sure how good it all actually makes him.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
as a swordsmen i'd argue him being one of the top ten ever. with the force, it's a bit trickier. it's been said that his mastery of the force was greater than all but a few of the masters (in the NJO? or all time? idk)

anyways, my opinion is that he makes it to 7 or 8 then dies; the earliest he can possibly die at is prime revan, but katarn is a better swordsmen, and (imo) comparable in the force.

Master Han
How good were the dark jedi he defeated though?

And whilst his being the battlemaster is impressive...so were Cin Drallig and Anoon Bondara. They would both probably fall at 1. And, possibly due to the writing style of the books he's been in, he never gets one of those "one of the greatest of all time" accolades.

Presumably, we're referring to LotF/FotJ Katarn. He's likely grown far more powerful since.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. kas'im - defeats 6/10

2. PoD Bane - defeats 6/10

3. Darth Malak - defeats 8/10

4. Darth Malgus - loses 7/10

5. TCW Maul - defeats 6/10

6. Revan (prime) - loses 9/10

7. Darth Vader (suit prime) - defeats 6/10

8. Mace Windu (is allowed to use vaapad/shatterpoint) - loses 9/10

9. he clears - nah

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lol some of that is so arbitrary, vader is definitely stronger than malgus, and a bit stronger than revan prime.

vader is definitely a better duelist than both of them, he can force choke from light years away, was extremely adept in the use of TK, had a very high threshold for pain, etc.

here's a video from some star wars dude who probably knows more than all of us combined...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Chfg1SGGQ

Master Han
lol some of that is so arbitrary, vader is definitely stronger than malgus, and a bit stronger than revan prime.

I maintain that Revan > Nihilus, and I had heard somewhere that one of the game's creators claimed Malgus was on Bane's level...

He's extremely powerful in the Force, but his performances against Luke kind of drop him in the totem pole.

Nephthys
Malgus isn't weaker than Vader imo.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
here's a video from some star wars dude who probably knows more than all of us combined...

Master Han

LOL, no. That guy's also claimed that Maul was a superior duelist to Obi Wan, and that Vader could defeat Yoda in a lightsaber duel. I shit you not. laughing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
that doesn't completely nullify all of his arguments, and his idea that yoda is a more "by the book" saber duelist and that vader is much more creative isn't neccessariy false...

plus suit prime vader is 80% of sidious. i HIGHLY doubt the same can be said of malgus

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
which version of obi-wan, and which version of maul?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Master Han
How good were the dark jedi he defeated though?

they were dark jedi masters, and katarn had little training.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Master Han
He's extremely powerful in the Force, but his performances against Luke kind of drop him in the totem pole.

first of all: i don't think he was fighting full strength against his son. secondly, luke isnt some random scrub, he's the son of the chosen one, and a very skilled saber duelist (plus i think he had a little bit of a bloodlust rage.) plus the mighty galen marek only barely defeated vader.

Edit: oh yeah, and galen barely beat vader BEFORE his suit prime

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
K, i'm back with info on vader.

When he was first getting used to his suit, he killed 5 jedi masters (the rest got shot down by troops)
He had a very unique saber style, incorporating ALL of the styles in his bladework
extremely potent TK, able to force grip beings as powerful as marek, was capable of using force waves to destroy dozens of foes simultaneously, telekinetically hurled objects at Luke, while striking him with his blade at the same time, etc.

ROTJ Vader

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
hmm, maybe. but i know he definitely aint gettin past windu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.