Silas (Vampire Diaries) vs. Ganondorf (TP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Silas from the Vampire Diaries runs into Ganondorf in Hyrule Field. This is the Twilight Princess version only. Who prevails ?

NotAllThatEvil
Another vampire vs Zelda?

ScreamPaste
Quan is the single most Zelda obsessed poster I've ever seen. haermm

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Another vampire vs Zelda? Silas is a warlock.

NotAllThatEvil
Oh goody. Now tell us why ganondorf loses.

quanchi112
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Oh goody. Now tell us why ganondorf loses. I will refrain from opinion on this one for now. I just wanted to create the thread.

ScreamPaste
Everyone knows your opinion, lol.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Everyone knows your opinion, lol. I have yet to give it.

ScreamPaste
You don't have to, you make Zelda threads just to argue against Zelda because Zelda hurt your feelings. You've long since become obsessed and it's not cute enough for anyone to feel sympathy anymore.

quanchi112
You don't have to, you make Zelda threads just to argue against Zelda because Zelda hurt your feelings. Just stick to the tread topic.

BloodRain
'Technically' Silas is a vampire, the original one. He just sticks the the label of Immortal one.

Breakdown:
-Greatest known strength feat, currently Silas is in their strength range. 1.9 ton car at 60mph, which is the max for that vamp.
-1:16, a timing feat, besides a supersonic feat by a stronger vamp, this is the only TVD speed feats.
-Regeneration for all non-fatal damage.
-Optional telepathy.
-Mind control via giving commands and at close range. Doesn't work on supernaturals, troubles with willpower.
-Illusion casting, up to and including an illusion of pain.

-No defence against magic (ala Superman)
-Decapitation/breaking the spine and removing the heart will kill, unable to regenerate these parts.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by BloodRain
'Technically' Silas is a vampire, the original one. He just sticks the the label of Immortal one.

Breakdown:
-Greatest known strength feat, currently Silas is in their strength range. 1.9 ton car at 60mph, which is the max for that vamp.
-1:16, a timing feat, besides a supersonic feat by a stronger vamp, this is the only TVD speed feats.
-Regeneration for all non-fatal damage.
-Optional telepathy.
-Mind control via giving commands and at close range. Doesn't work on supernaturals, troubles with willpower.
-Illusion casting, up to and including an illusion of pain.

-No defence against magic (ala Superman)
-Decapitation/breaking the spine and removing the heart will kill, unable to regenerate these parts.

Well the regen problems is for regular vamps. Silas himself can't be killed. In fact nature itself had to create a version of him that could die as even it and it's servants could not kill him.

A true abomination.

And a lot of those feats were done by vamps of under 200 years of age. Does that mean that any above we should naturally say are even better?

BloodRain
Supersonic+ (all we can do when there's no powerscaling is add a '+' :c) and that strength+

What happens if Silas' head falls off? Yes, in this scenario it just casually rolls off his shoulders for no real reason..

Rikudo sennin
Supersonic+ (all we can do when there's no powerscaling is add a '+' :c) and that strength+

What happens if Silas' head falls off? Yes, in this scenario it just casually rolls off his shoulders for no real reason..

The Originals most vital areas are different. Like they can be pierced with weapons. But according to Elijah an Original can only have there heart REMOVED by weakening there body with the power of 100 witches.

I assume that something as vital as the head has the same rules so it must magically stay in tact if someone tries to separate it.

This must be even more apparent for Silas.

BloodRain
Confusing. Because if they can be stabbed normally, the heart being magically super durable is strange.

ScreamPaste
I assume the heart insta-regens or something. Like if you tore off his head the one in your hand might disintegrate ala homunculus parts in FMA:B, and he'd gain a new one near instantly or something.

The end result seems to be the same, simply physically tearing his head off won't kill him, I guess. For me the real question is how powerful a witch is, or a hundred of them, compared to the Triforce of Power. shrug

BloodRain
The real question is when did you start watching anime?

ScreamPaste
The real question is when did you start watching anime?
>_> Shaddap. I didn't mean to.

My little brother wanted me to watch it with him, so I did, because my little brother is cooler than anyone else's little brother. uhuh

BloodRain
Then how do you explain watching that anime Wei brought up?

Looks like we got a Brony-Weeaboo hybrid excellent

ScreamPaste
Then how do you explain watching that anime Wei brought up?

Looks like we got a Brony-Weeaboo hybrid excellent
Hideyoshi looked awesome. haermm And I had nothing else to do. If it makes you feel better, it was the goofiest shit I've ever watched on purpose. Most of it was So Bad It's Awesome, but Masamune Date was So Bad It's Terrible. Like. Here...

gB9LnLQfWtE

He's the only character who speaks any English and it's all slang. no expression

BloodRain
..fek now I'm going to have to watch this.

Damn Weeabronies.

ScreamPaste
..fek now I'm going to have to watch this.

Damn Weeabronies.
You'll probably like Date. He's basically Dante. awesome

BloodRain
Cept with less N.. think I'll miss that letter too much >__>

Thread: Ganondorf would win. Movement speed tips towards Silas while everything else is Dorf's, and the illusions won't be the greatest threat here as pain isnt something our thief cares too much about.

Rikudo sennin
Cept with less N.. think I'll miss that letter too much >__>

Thread: Ganondorf would win. Movement speed tips towards Silas while everything else is Dorf's, and the illusions won't be the greatest threat here as pain isnt something our thief cares too much about.

What are Ganondorf's weaknesses?

Rikudo sennin
But there are no way around his illusions. He can make himself invisible the entire battle.

He can make Ganon beat up an illusion.

And Silas can read his mind. He will know what pains Ganon the most physically or psychologically and use that against him.

The Scenario
Holy weapons, stuff enchanted with light and goodness and/or made to destroy evil.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say Silas doesn't really have that?

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by The Scenario
Holy weapons, stuff enchanted with light and goodness and/or made to destroy evil.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say Silas doesn't really have that?

Well can he see through Silas' illusions. It like Aizen. He can make Ganondorf do anything. he can even make him think he is dead.

The Scenario
Ganondorf resisted the mental effects of the Fused Shadows, I think he can take an illusion. Note that the Fused Shadows have transformed people into mindless beasts. Ganondorf has also taken a look into the Mirror of Twilight, a single shard of which has mentally dominated a mild manned Yeti girl.

Ganondorf was once killed by a sword, and was revived while it was still in his chest. He laughed at this, so I don't think pain will bother him. An illusion of death is unlikely to work on a guy who has actually died several times and can revive himself.

So yeah, I'm leaning towards Ganondorf here.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by The Scenario
Ganondorf resisted the mental effects of the Fused Shadows, I think he can take an illusion. Note that the Fused Shadows have transformed people into mindless beasts. Ganondorf has also taken a look into the Mirror of Twilight, a single shard of which has mentally dominated a mild manned Yeti girl.

Ganondorf was once killed by a sword, and was revived while it was still in his chest. He laughed at this, so I don't think pain will bother him. An illusion of death is unlikely to work on a guy who has actually died several times and can revive himself.

So yeah, I'm leaning towards Ganondorf here.

Whatever I will just stick to comparing Silas to other supernatural shows. That is way easier.

Video game(that I know nothing about *Ganondorf*) characters I will leave be.

BloodRain
/If/ pain illusion could be used on Ganondorf, and the illusion was being repeatedly stabbed with the Master Sword.. what would happen?

Rikudo sennin
^I can't comment. The reason I am not arguing back is that I don't know anything about Ganondorf.

ScreamPaste
Fair enough, Rikudo. Fair enough.

TheGodKiller
I assume the heart insta-regens or something. Like if you tore off his head the one in your hand might disintegrate ala homunculus parts in FMA:B, and he'd gain a new one near instantly or something.

The end result seems to be the same, simply physically tearing his head off won't kill him, I guess. For me the real question is how powerful a witch is, or a hundred of them, compared to the Triforce of Power. shrug
Without the power of 100 witches, the heart of an original can only be pierced by wood or a silver dagger that has been laced with ash from the ancient White Oak Tree that was used for making them immortal. Barring that their body is supposed to be nigh indestructible. Sunlight and vervain can weaken/incapacitate them somewhat, but the effects very short-lived and the original can quickly heal fro it. Their neck can be broken, however there is nothing to suggest that they can be simply decapitated or have their hearts ripped out.

Well, Qetsiyah, the oldest and strongest witch mentioned in the series, created an entire afterlife dimension for supernatural beings. Usually most individual witches aren't that strong on their own, unless they're channeling the power of a whole coven or practicing dark magic(called expression in TVDverse).

Apart from his illusion casting, Silas doesn't have many feats that would ensure that he could take on a guy like Dorf all by his lonesome. Damon has overcome his illusion before, so I guess Dorf could as well.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Without the power of 100 witches, the heart of an original can only be pierced by wood or a silver dagger that has been laced with ash from the ancient White Oak Tree that was used for making them immortal. Barring that their body is supposed to be nigh indestructible. Sunlight and vervain can weaken/incapacitate them somewhat, but the effects very short-lived and the original can quickly heal fro it. Their neck can be broken, however there is nothing to suggest that they can be simply decapitated or have their hearts ripped out.

Well, Qetsiyah, the oldest and strongest witch mentioned in the series, created an entire afterlife dimension for supernatural beings. Usually most individual witches aren't that strong on their own, unless they're channeling the power of a whole coven or practicing dark magic(called expression in TVDverse).

Apart from his illusion casting, Silas doesn't have many feats that would ensure that he could take on a guy like Dorf all by his lonesome. Damon has overcome his illusion before, so I guess Dorf could as well.

Well Silas was very weakened back then. He is shown in the promo to have drastically amplified his power.

We will have to wait and see.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
Well Silas was very weakened back then. He is shown in the promo to have drastically amplified his power.

We will have to wait and see.
Link to this promo?

Because all that I've seen so far is him flirting with human Katherine(presumably to acquire the cure from her body).

ScreamPaste
He'd have to become very, very powerful for it to factor into this thread, imho. He shares Silas' immortality. The only weapon that's been shown to harm Ganondorf, the Master Sword, is a planetary+ level artifact that's cut a small continent out of the Earth in a single swing and opposed the power of the completed triforce. A fraction of his power overlapped two dimensions across an entire country and a castlebusting spear to the noggin didn't even scratch him. He's a very tough nut to crack.

TheGodKiller
^Illusion casting is Silas' best bet. Based on his physical feats, Dorf clearly operates on a far higher level than most characters from TVD.

From the way you make him sound, it appears an Old One from the Buffyverse would be a much better match for him than meta-level characters from other vampire shows.

ScreamPaste
^Illusion casting is Silas' best bet. Based on his physical feats, Dorf clearly operates on a far higher level than most characters from TVD.

From the way you make him sound, it appears an Old One from the Buffyverse would be a much better match for him than meta-level characters from other vampire shows.
My memory might be off, since it's been a while, but weren't Old One's capable of busting the entire world?

Ganondorf is in a unique position. He has some very good feats of power, and some lesser destructive feats, but it's his hax abilities and immortality that make him hard to pick a proper match for. He can resist a great deal of effects because of the ToP, and it won't let him die, so in order to kill him you need to overpower or separate him from the ToP, which is hard for most characters to do. A lot of the characters who can do something like that are above him in general power anyway.

I do doubt that Silas' illusion casting would be a great help, considering that in TP Ganon could handle the fused shadows with no ill effects despite not being a Twili, which are stated in game to warp people who touch them into horrible beings and brainwash them. The ToP seems to protect against mental effects based on that, and it's a pretty powerful triangle.

TheGodKiller
My memory might be off, since it's been a while, but weren't Old One's capable of busting the entire world?

Ganondorf is in a unique position. He has some very good feats of power, and some lesser destructive feats, but it's his hax abilities and immortality that make him hard to pick a proper match for. He can resist a great deal of effects because of the ToP, and it won't let him die, so in order to kill him you need to overpower or separate him from the ToP, which is hard for most characters to do. A lot of the characters who can do something like that are above him in general power anyway.

I do doubt that Silas' illusion casting would be a great help, considering that in TP Ganon could handle the fused shadows with no ill effects despite not being a Twili, which are stated in game to warp people who touch them into horrible beings and brainwash them. The ToP seems to protect against mental effects based on that, and it's a pretty powerful triangle.
Yep, and they had a ton of versatility on top of all that raw power. Too bad that Illyria was the only one in action that we saw so far. She would make an excellent matchup for him in her undiminished state.

Silas is a pretty formidable character, but I don't think he can take on someone of Dorf's level on his own. If he had backup from from the Witches and the Originals, then maybe they would stand a chance, but in a one-on-one fight? No friggin way.

Edit: Just noticed your edit, lol.

ScreamPaste
I wouldn't support Ganon against a planet buster, and I never watched enough of Angel to see Illyria. Hm.

Rikudo sennin
Link to this promo?

Because all that I've seen so far is him flirting with human Katherine(presumably to acquire the cure from her body). Originally posted by TheGodKiller

http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/Season_Five?file=Comic-Con_2013_Video_-The_Vampire_Diaries

Near the end

And I think Silas can take many vampires in fiction. His hax puts him over any vamp in TB, BTVS, twilight and other shows and books. I agree he can take on an old one.

ScreamPaste
Silas v.s. an Old One? Hm.

TheGodKiller
Silas v.s. an Old One? Hm.
Maybe in their diminished state. Under ordinary circumstances, an Old One should conveniently one-shot someone of Silas' level.

TheGodKiller
http://vampirediaries.wikia.com/wiki/Season_Five?file=Comic-Con_2013_Video_-The_Vampire_Diaries

Near the end

And I think Silas can take many vampires in fiction. His hax puts him over any vamp in TB, BTVS, twilight and other shows and books. I agree he can take on an old one.
Yeah...still unconvinced that he can take on a legit herald-level character like Dorf.

TheGodKiller
I agree he can take on an old one.
I said that in reference to Dorf, not Silas.

ScreamPaste
Yeah, based on what I know I wouldn't support Ganon against one outside a diminished state. mmm

Rikudo sennin
Maybe in their diminished state. Under ordinary circumstances, an Old One should conveniently one-shot someone of Silas' level. Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Yeah...still unconvinced that he can take on a legit herald-level character like Dorf. Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I said that in reference to Dorf, not Silas.

I didn't mean anything more than there diminished state. Most of them were planetary in there true forms.

Was just showing his upgrade. Doesn't mean he can beat Dorf. Not that it matters as Silas shouldn't be compared to such different characters like the ones in video games. I am just sticking to other supernatural shows.

LOL my bad.

ScreamPaste
I wouldn't say Silas 'shouldn't be compared', but I do think it's reasonable for you to stick to arguing what you know. stick out tongue Things get a little hard to keep track of across media sometimes. I know absolutely nothing about 99% of manga/anime characters for example.

Rikudo sennin
I wouldn't say Silas 'shouldn't be compared', but I do think it's reasonable for you to stick to arguing what you know. stick out tongue Things get a little hard to keep track of across media sometimes. I know absolutely nothing about 99% of manga/anime characters for example.

Well I did say that since I didn't know anything about video game characters like these ones. So yeah I should stick to what I know.

TheGodKiller
I didn't mean anything more than there diminished state. Most of them were planetary in there true forms.

Was just showing his upgrade. Doesn't mean he can beat Dorf. Not that it matters as Silas shouldn't be compared to such different characters like the ones in video games. I am just sticking to other supernatural shows.

LOL my bad.
The best he's taken on so far is Klaus, and Dorf is well beyond Klaus' level. Silas needs to seriously stack up some good feats in the coming season in order to stand a prayer of a chance against Dorf in this thread.

By other shows, you mean TB in particular. Considering who made this thread, this might as well be a butthurt thread as the TBverse is inferior to TVDverse.

Rikudo sennin
The best he's taken on so far is Klaus, and Dorf is well beyond Klaus' level. Silas needs to seriously stack up some good feats in the coming season in order to stand a prayer of a chance against Dorf in this thread.

By other shows, you mean TB in particular. Considering who made this thread, this might as well be a butthurt thread as the TBverse is inferior to TVDverse.

I am well aware of that wink But there really isn't much of a competition in comparison with TB which is like TVD arch nemesis for me.

He definitely.

ScreamPaste
Considering who made this thread, this might as well be a butthurt thread as the TBverse is inferior to TVDverse.
I think he was more hoping to play Rikudo against Zelda or something.

TheGodKiller
I think he was more hoping to play Rikudo against Zelda or something.
Double butthurt then. The guy hates TVD because of True Blood, and he hates Zelda because of....well, True Blood.

True Blood being a code word for Russell Edgington.

The Scenario
He hates Zelda because of us.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=531409

True Blood is just the latest universe he has decided to throw against it. He's also tried Harry Potter, LotR, Star Wars, Dragon Age, Castlevania, Fable...

Whatever he's watching or playing at the moment, he'll throw it against Zelda. Right now that's True Blood, who knows what it will be next.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.