Worst Jedi ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Instead of constantly arguing over who's the bestest lets talk about who you think was the worst Jedi.

This isn't in terms of combat ability, though I suppose you can factor that in too if you want. Who do you think the biggest ****-up, the biggest embarrassment to ever be a Jedi is?

Needs to be someone actually named. Nameless mooks like the Jedi Jango Fett beat h2h don't count (even if that is absolutely pathetic).

Lord Lucien
In terms of f*cking up royally... that's a tough one. Anakin, I guess? Aside from him, Qui-Gon. Yoda and Mace are pretty awful as well. The entire Jedi Council during the Clone Wars era are terrible, terrible Jedi.

Nephthys
Those are some good contenders. For myself, I'd nominate a guy whose **** ups aren't as big, but much more embarrassing: Master Hortath from Jolees story.

r9M5HVNXB7g

(1.20)

I mean, thats just ****ing dumb.

That other guy he tells you about who got thrown into an engine was pretty bad too. Jolee had some great stories. haermm

juggerman
Medd Tandar

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Nephthys

(1.20)

I mean, thats just ****ing dumb.

lol

Hmm, that is a pretty cool metaphor though. KOTOR1 had cool dialogue.

Nephthys
I'm listening to his other stories, really interesting in terms of the Jedi imo. Especially with how the Jedi and Revan were characterised in Kotor II. It really adds another level of meaning when you consider who Jolee's talking to.

Master Han
I'd imagine the ones that turn to the dark side would qualify.

Based
Th Threat of Peace writers. But since it has to be in universe it's Gran Master Zym who got gunned down by a bounty hunter.

Lord Lucien
It's been a while since I played KotOR II, but I want to say Atris. She just came off as a sanctimonious whiner who had no rational sense of proportion. Getting all super offended when the Exile left to save lives and protect the Republic. Actually come to think of it, the entire council from the KotOR era as well. I get they sensed something suspicious about the Mandalorians, but out and out refusing to help defend innocent people and the Republic they're sworn to protect is just a dick move. "What kind of Jedi are these?! Guardians of truth and justice my ass."

And the Jedi Covenant too. A scary symbolic vision is justification enough for slaughtering their won Padawans? Talk about hypocritical.

The_Tempest
Prolly Yoda.

red8
I'd say all of the Jedi that turned into Sith Lords may have kind of missed the point.

Q99
The Jedi Covenant was pretty bad.

They didn't overtly turn against the Jedi, but they were so paranoid about Sith they were willing to kill a group of Padawans to prevent one of them from falling.

Vensai
Anakin really let the Jedi Order down.

The_Tempest

-Pr-
Care to elaborate? I haven't read the novel, so I'm curious as to what he did or didn't do that was so horrible.

The_Tempest
In a nutshell, he failed to adapt to the times and allowed the Sith to take over. Doesn't make him an idiot or anything, but the weight of his failure is profound in the book.

Lord Lucien
He's still an idiot.

ROTJ Vader
Set Harth(lol). Elora Sund.

Q99
Kaan- worst Jedi or Best?

On the one hand, he united the Sith under one banner.

On the other, that ended up getting most of them killed leading to a thousand years of peace ^^

Kazenji
http://io9.com/the-9-least-competent-jedi-1371895703

Lord Lucien
Good. I'm glad Atris was on there.

Q99
Luke seems kinda a weak addition- I mean, sure, that's a good point on the Jabba plan, but it didn't become a habit, and maybe he did have an idea of how to extract Chewie if Leia had freed Han.

Allankles
Originally posted by red8
I'd say all of the Jedi that turned into Sith Lords may have kind of missed the point.

This.

+ Freedon Nadd's former master - I mean talk about idiotic abuse of your power.

Big Gerald
Bump for discussion. I'm going with new Luke or Ben Solo, who seems to be really going out of his way to stay committed to the dark side for no particular reason.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Big Gerald
Bump for discussion. I'm going with new Luke or Ben Solo, who seems to be really going out of his way to stay committed to the dark side for no particular reason.

Wait until we actually got more information on their motives. It's rather vague at this point.

cs_zoltan
rey

Big Gerald
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Wait until we actually got more information on their motives. It's rather vague at this point.

I expect this, though I wish they had addressed it in some capacity already, in Ben's case anyway. At least acknowledging it. Maybe they have and I just didn't see.

UCanShootMyNova
Mace, Yoda, Ki Adi Mundi.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Mace, Yoda, Ki Adi Mundi.

Agreed, though I am curious aabout Ki Adi Mundi. Are you referring to his being the main cause of Anakin's alienation from the Jedi and therefore fall to the dark side?

UCanShootMyNova
No, I'm referring to him ordering his troops to fire their flamethrowers at unarmed Geonosians.

relentless1
Anakin for basically killing the Jedi Order and Obi Wan for not training him properly

Big Gerald
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
No, I'm referring to him ordering his troops to fire their flamethrowers at unarmed Geonosians.

Oh. He is even worse than originally stated

Edit: Actually the Geonosians deserved it.

Kurk
In terms of representing what every Jedi should (or rather shouldn't) be: Anakin

Factor in combat ability and I'd say Sha'a Gi

HentaiLover
Anakin and Ahsoka

godemperortrump
Yoda, Ahsoka, Rey, Rhad Tarn. Anyone black or female.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
In terms of f*cking up royally... that's a tough one. Anakin, I guess? Aside from him, Qui-Gon. Yoda and Mace are pretty awful as well. The entire Jedi Council during the Clone Wars era are terrible, terrible Jedi. I stand by this.

godemperortrump
Qui-Gon? He's probably the greatest Jedi ever.

Kurk

ziggtard
People aren't picking Qui Gon because he was a maverick.

They're picking him because he's responsible for Anakin's entire story arc.

Kurk
Originally posted by ziggtard
People aren't picking Qui Gon because he was a maverick.

They're picking him because he's responsible for Anakin's entire story arc. Assuming those people aren't trolling, that has to be the dumbest reason you could come up with for someone being the "worse jedi ever".

Rockydonovang
The jedi were going down regardless of Anakin being present...

Lord Lucien
Have you people seen TPM? Qui-gon is borderline retarded.

godemperortrump
Qui-Gon's responsible for Anakin's actions? Killing foolish PT Jedi, destroying the corrupt Republic, and eventually taking down Palpatine.

Sounds good to me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.