HoT and Barsenthor Run 2 Gauntlets

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Based
Stipulations: HoT can only use the force and the Barsenthor can only use a lightsaber.

1. Qui-Gonn Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)
2. Vivican and Malgus (Return trailer)
3. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
4. Kreia (fvck the drain) and The Exile
5. Naga Sadow and Freedon Nadd
6. Luke Skywalker and Ben Skywalker (LOTF)

They start off with 5 minutes rest getting increments of another 5 minutes for each battle they win. So eg if they pass three get get 15 minutes of rest.

Gauntlet 2 ~ No restrictions.
One hour rest in between. If not stated, the following are in their strongest incarnations.

1. Ulic Qel Droma and Exar Kun
2. Anakin Skywalker (zone) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
3. Revan (redeemed) and Darth Malak (with Star Forge)
4. Darth Bane and Darth Zannah
5. Darth Sidious and Darth Plagueis

ares834
In the first, they probably get to 4 before getting mega drained. If they some how win, they go down at 6.

In the second, I don't really know. They could honestly lose at any of them except, perhaps, the first.

Nephthys
Lol. The HoT and Barsen'thor likely don't get passed no. 1 in the first gauntlet. HoT's barely done anything with the Force that I recall and the only thing I've ever seen the Barsen'thor do is dodge lightning and one-shot a Belsavis droid in terms of lightsabers. Its depending on how lenient you are with HoT mindrape cheese. If so they get to Kreia and get Giga Drained.

Second Gauntlet the big one is Zonakin. I think they can beat him together if they pwn Kenobi right off the bat. They probably lose to no. 4 in that case.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
HoT has a few force feats, but i don't think barsen has any saber feats, so he's the weak link in gauntlet 1. they might barely make it past vivican and malgus, but after that, it's the end of the line.

As for gauntlet 2, they might stop at 2 because zone skywalker is an absolute beast, and obi-wan can hold against the hero for a good amount of time in saber combat most-likely. but if they get past that, then they most definitely lose at 5 (which version of sid, btw?)

edit: you people do realize kreia has no drain, right?

Master Han
Originally posted by Based
Stipulations: HoT can only use the force and the Barsenthor can only use a lightsaber.

1. Qui-Gonn Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

Possibly die here. wink

Who's "Vivican"?

Probably die here, from exhaustion if nothing else.

Almost certainly die here, fatigue and all.

They have nothing left in them by now.

Win with difficulty.

Probably die here.

Definitely die here.

Nephthys
Oh wait, I forgot about the Hero's Makeb feats. Killed a dude with a Force Push and closed that bridge. Also pulled down chunks of the ceiling on Balmorra. And if we allow darkside feats the Hero mindrapes Tol Braga and overpowers Vitiate with his TK.

They get to Luke in the first thread if you're being lenient.

Master Han
Originally posted by Nephthys Killed a dude with a Force Push

This is impressive?

How large was it?

See above.

Is this canon?

Nephthys
Originally posted by Master Han
This is impressive?

Yes? Killing someone with a single push is pretty hardcore and above what most people can do in terms of TK. Above most of the first list at least.

How large was it?

y7wVVdLVmkE

See above.

Bigger than I remembered actually:

mF4YIaKw0cI

(4.55)

Is this canon?

Dunno, as I said it depends on how lenient you want to be. I made the case in the other thread that the canon Knight might actually be darkside. Personally though I see it as something she can do regardless. Picking the darkside option doesn't give her magic powers she never had before.

Vitiate was dying at the time after you slash him, but he was still able to collapse the temple on you and he did seem to be resisting at the HoT levitates him and starts throwing him around.

The_Tempest
For the record, there exists no evidence that Vitiate actually brought down the temple.

ares834
I'd question the bridge feat. It doesn't actually appear that he is using the force to shut it. Rather it seems he un-jammed it or something similar to that, at which point the bridge mechanically closed.

Nephthys
Yeah, its unclear about what he actually did.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
For the record, there exists no evidence that Vitiate actually brought down the temple.

Even if he did not destroy the whole temple*, he still destroyed at least the massive throne room and shook the entire temple with his TK, while cut in half and exhausted. Which is still immense.

*Which he did.

The_Tempest
Then kindly provide evidence of the whole temple being destroyed, since he did it.

Nephthys
No thanks. Do you not agree that him destroying the throne room is immensely impressive if that's the least you'll accept?

The_Tempest
Since there's no evidence of that, either, and that Vitiate was on a dark side nexus? Not really.

I mean, it's not as puny as Maul using a droid arm to open the blast doors in TPM, but it's not Starkiller shit either.

Nephthys
Other than the room collapsing on screen you mean? And he was mortally wounded and so exhausted he could barely stand previously.

The_Tempest
And by that you mean, some stuff fell from the ceiling? This is also the part where I ask you for proof.

Again, there's plenty of weaker TK feats out there. But it's not top tier worthy by any means.

Nephthys
Question: Ignoring his actual showings and any issue to do with Palpatine, how powerful do you think Vitiate should have been?

Because seriously, the guy drained the power of eight thousand Sith Lords and the entire population and energy of Medriaas. And he was already an amazingly powerful Sith, a prodigy who killed a full Sith Lord at the age of 13 and then spent 100 years increasing his Force knowledge. The guy then spent an extra 1300 years researching the Force and constantly getting more powerful, before finally capturing Revan and adding his power to his own.

By all rights, Vitiate should be miles a head of anyone in all aspects of the Force and hundreds of times more powerful than anyone else. Do you agree?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Question: Ignoring his actual showings and any issue to do with Palpatine, how powerful do you think Vitiate should have been?

Because seriously, the guy drained the power of eight thousand Sith Lords and the entire population and energy of Medriaas. And he was already an amazingly powerful Sith, a prodigy who killed a full Sith Lord at the age of 13 and then spent 100 years increasing his Force knowledge. The guy then spent an extra 1300 years researching the Force and constantly getting more powerful, before finally capturing Revan and adding his power to his own.

By all rights, Vitiate should be miles a head of anyone in all aspects of the Force and hundreds of times more powerful than anyone else. Do you agree?

Affirming the historicity about the myths surrounding his past, you mean? Then yeah, he should be the undisputed Sith kingpin.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the problem is: he has not displayed ANYTHING after he destroyed that planet and became much more powerful, that puts him ahead of sidious

Edit: where do you get the idea that vitiate added revan's power to his own? i thought that he simply pried revan's mind for information.

Nephthys
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the problem is: he has not displayed ANYTHING after he destroyed that planet and became much more powerful, that puts him ahead of sidious

Edit: where do you get the idea that vitiate added revan's power to his own? i thought that he simply pried revan's mind for information.

He easily owned 5 of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy at the same time with his lightning. Not to mention the whole mind control dealie.

It say he did so at the end of Revan.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

thumb up

This pretty much sums it up. And while I'd forgive it and chalk it up to stylistic variance, the fact is that neither Karpyshyn nor TOR are known for subtle depictions of the Force. In his very limited showings, depicted by writers known for imbuing characters with LOLZ FORCE BLOW SHIT UP +7, Vitiate is inordinately flaccid.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im sorry, but is his overpowering of the 4 jedi his only claim to fame? i mean, sure he mind dominated 8000 willing, fodder, scared sith, but his combat feats are rather lacking. example: sure, vitiate could easily over power 2 of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy and two questionably powerful jedi, but Palpatine could and would have defeated 4 of the greatest swordsmen the order ever produced, had windu not gone super-vaapad amp, plus considering palp's lightning bended windu's saber, while hero of tython blocked vitiate's lightning without noticeable difficulty, and considering that DE sid coulda force stormed all of tython, and speed blitz most of the jedi who'd ever actually confront him, im not sure how vitiate compares.

Nephthys
Palpatine speedblitz isn't really an example of power. Whereas Vitiate overpowering 5 powerful Jedi at once most certainly is.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
it shows sid's insane superiority over vitiate in the sabers department.

Edit: what about the rest of my post?

Nephthys
Sidious never 'bended' Windu's lightsaber.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I believe he does, canonically

and plus if you consider that windu clearly struggled against sidious's lightning, while hero blocks vitiate's without much difficulty on nexus...

Nephthys
Not in the movie. The book itself doesn't even really say it either.

The Hero is more powerful than Windu, who wasn't struggling that much with Sidious' lightning considering her could push his lightsaber towards Sidious through it.

The_Tempest
Now, my question to you is: why is Vitiate such a puss in light of his background and efforts?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the hero wasn't that much stronger than windu, and the hero was casually advancing against the emperor, plus considering that windu struggled with sidious's not-at-full-power lightning, and i think it also says in the novelization that if sidious kept blasting his lightning at windu, he would have been overwhelmed,and the only reason sidious didnt do so was to enthrall anakin

ROTJ Vader
Lose at 6 and 4.

Nephthys
The HoT was advancing against it only after Vitiate was severely exhausted.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Now, my question to you is: why is Vitiate such a puss in light of his background and efforts?

Lack of exposure perhaps. He's only been shown 3 times after all.

Just plain bad writing could be another reason*. I mean, they made him freakishly overpowered in terms of accolades and backstory yet completely bumbled when it came to showing his power.

Perhaps his power has been stunted in some way, such as through embedding his power in so many servants. Frankly its incredibly impressive that hes as powerful as he is when he stomps the Strike Team despite having his power imbued into hundreds of his Children.

Personally I'd like an answer to this myself. Whats your opinion?

* Mainly Karpyshan I suspect.

Based

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
doesn't vitiate also sipher power from the children?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.