Barsen'thor vs Darth Caedus (Force)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
The Barsen'thor and Caedus face off to decide who is the master of the Force between the two. Force use only.

They battle in a parking lot.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
well i already know neph's answer..

Nephthys
Are you a psychic?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yup. and your answer is always whichever one caedus isntsmile

Nephthys
I think the Barsen'thors going to win. smile

pencilcrayon
He has flow walking and fold space on his side. He solos Team 1.

NewGuy01
Any specific defeats for Caedus? I know he can fold space which would be useful as he could teleport to dodge thrown cars, in theory.

I know he's a pretty beastly TK user, but I don't have his specific feats.

pencilcrayon
He also has shatterpoints.

Nephthys
All Jedi have shatterpoint. The Consular even has an attack that uses shatterpoint. mmm

Nephthys
Moar Barsen'thor feats!

g8-cY5k10Wo

Smashing through a Rakatan Vault door (11.00) with repeated blows.

g_QBqg80mr8

Heals Hallow Voice from whatever.

Also, check out dat voice-acting. Man the Male Consular has a goofy voice.

Master Han
Wait...Barsen'thor is the playable character?

Oh.

Col. Valerian
Male Consular's voice sucks hard. Knight is better, but not better than Warrior's. Best is Bounty Hunter and Smuggler. Inq's worst of all.

Nephthys
I love the Fem!Smugglers voice. Its just so... smug! Plus its an actual comedian voicing her.

Originally posted by Master Han
Wait...Barsen'thor is the playable character?

Oh.

Oh yes. The Jedi Consular class from Swtor.

Who did you think it was?

Master Han
Originally posted by Nephthys
Moar Barsen'thor feats!

So you just made this thread so you could masturbate to your favorite fantasy characters?

I mean, the fact that you limit the battle to only the Force makes it pretty obvious what you're trying to do.

Nephthys
Actually I made the thread because I was reading the Swtor forums and in The Most Powerful thread people were arguing that Caedus was really ****ing powerful, even more so than Vitiate. So I wanted to maybe get into a debate about him and see what feats and stuff people throw out about him, since I've never seen anything too impressive from him.

Also because I wanted to get a handle on where people would rank the Barsen'thor based on the info I'm supplying about him/her.

I limited it to the Force because I'm not interested in learning about Caedus' awesome lightsaber skillz and how be fought evenly with Luke. Again.

Col. Valerian
I rank Barsen Dooku-level. Maybe a bit higher.

Master Han
Caedus is stronger in the Force than Darth Vader.

Col. Valerian
Forcewise, Barsen'thor is above Vader, too, imo.

Master Han
Dooku level < Vader, if we're referring to Force power.

pencilcrayon
Doesn't Caedus hurl ships at relativistic speeds?

Master Han
No.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
I rank Barsen Dooku-level. Maybe a bit higher.

Yeah, I rank him higher. I was trying to figure out his and Caedus' places with this thread.

Col. Valerian
Well, that depends. Do you rank Caedus higher than Dooku?

Master Han
Certainly. His command of the Force surpasses Vader's.

ares834
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Forcewise, Barsen'thor is above Vader, too, imo.

How?

What force feats does he have that put him on that level. I mean smashing open the vault door is decent but it's not on Vader's level.

Anyway, it's been awhile since I read LotF and NJO. What force feats does Caedus have again?

Col. Valerian
Certainly. His command of the Force surpasses Vader's.

I agree.

Hmmm... Barsen'thor's command of the Force might be on par with Caedus', I think. Maybe a little bit lower. However, Caedus is the better swordsman.

EDIT - Play the game. Or look him up.

ares834
You've been here long enough to know that's not how it works. Anyway, I'm generally curious what force feats does this guy have especially since people are claiming he is on Caedus's level and above Vader and Dooku.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by ares834
You've been here long enough to know that's not how it works. Anyway, I'm generally curious what force feats does this guy have especially since people are claiming he is on Caedus's level and above Vader and Dooku.

I know. Sorry, too lazy at the moment. stick out tongue

Seriously though, you don't play SWTOR?

ares834
I played for a bit at the beginning before quitting.

Nephthys
This sums up the Barsen'thors feats:

Apart from tanking an explosion that demolished a blast-door to the face? And breaking through a blast-door the size of a 2-story house with a casual Force push? One-hand throwing a chunk of metal the size of a schoolbus a good 50 meters?

All of this while severely weakened.

Not to mention defeating a powerful Sith Lord possessed by a Sith Spirit who was being amped by the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters, again while severely weakened. And defeating the First Son, likely the second most powerful Sith at that point barring Vitiate.

As to the actual feats:

Its worth mentioning that the Barsen'thor is another 'minor prodigy' who shows up their master days into being a padawan. Their fighting prowess is so good that they impress Qyzen Fess enough that he thinks you're an embodiment of his deity, something you master didn't do despite knowing his for years. Your master also admits that you were stronger with the Force at age 4 than she was at 15.

Finally found this feat:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/30f33c05a03920427cccee1290d51490/tumblr_mnu9ayeG0s1rbwuv5o1_500.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/987fe392f1ff526beec47ae6dbc1d448/tumblr_mnu9ayeG0s1rbwuv5o2_500.png

Very impressive, and looks like it didn't take much effort. I mean christ, look how thick that door is.

Another cool feat. This is now my Barsen'thor feat thread:

EBcNAsB7q9I

6.35 A pretty decently huge chunk of metal, tossed like a stick. Still relatively early in the Barsen'thors career. Although it should also be mentioned that it seems that the Consular isn't especially skilled yet, as you then have the choice between saving some holocrons and a woman, indicating that they lacked the skill to lift both simultaneously.

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
mqXox4Ezp1A

6:52, the Consular holds back Syo's saber with her force powers, then curbstomps him ala force push.

I believe its about 5 in the entire Jedi Orders history up until that point who had earned the title of Barsen'thor. An exclusive list to be sure.

Another feat for the Barsen'thor:

sjciPHddNok

4.25. You're required to find a way through a blastdoor. To do so the Consular stabs some explosive barrels in order to, erm, blast through the door. That the Jedi took an explosion that can tear a hole in a blastdoor to the face is an impressive feat and indicates extremely high-caliber defensive abilities.

Also nice feat for Vivicar having all those psychic thralls running around.

CORRECTION, the feat above is at 9.30. I had to change videos. >_<

Correction x 2, the one in the game is the third Barsen'thor.

Anyway, I've completed Act 1 and thoroughly believe that the Barsen'thor wins. Despite being weakened severely through using the shielding technique on six Jedi Masters, she still is powerful enough to fight through Vivicars host of brainwashed Republic troops and defeat Lord Vivicar. Vivicar himself is actually a Jedi Knight possessed by the spirit of the Sith Lord Terrak Morrhage, a being powerful enough to drive 6 Jedi Knights insane. Vivicar himself is clearly immensely powerful, able to brainwash hundreds of Republic troops permanently (as in they still attack invading Republic soldiers even after Vivicars defeat). Also able to give a few of them gigantism (wtf, why were they so big???). He can also draw on the power of the Jedi Masters who are the victims of his plague, a number he claims to be in the hundreds. If this is true then he must be massively powerful, making the Barsen'thors defeat of him while weakened all the more impressive. Even if we ignore that number he still has 6 Jedi Masters to call upon, making the feat less insane, yet still incredible.

If she can do that despite being massively weakened I can only conclude that a full strength Barsen'thor would beat Dooku to death with his own lightsaber hilt. 313wank

I can confirm that Vivicar was telling the truth about how many Jedi Masters he infected.

Frankly, I'm a little stunned.

(sorry about the triple post)

Also:

oCzssn8eNxA

ares834
Not bad. But, yeah, don't see how that puts her above Vader's level.

Defeating the amped Jedi Knight is, admittedly, quite good. But, does the game say to what extent he is drawing upon their powers? Furthermore, it may be another case like Vitiate who, logically, should have power well beyond anyone but ultimately doesn't.

Nephthys
I disagree. I don't see Vader smashing through a blast-door like that, nor block that blastdoor explosion, stop a lightsaber with the Force, pwn the First Son..... I don't see Vader equaling all that.

It just says the plague syphons their power. But still, hundreds of Jedi is hundreds of Jedi, even a small portion would add up massively and Vivicar isn't using the energy to grant him immortality like Vitiate is, but rather raw power. Add into that that the Consular is massively weakened (used the Shielding technique 6 times, which exhausts her to the point of collapse each time and killed the last person to use it because of the strain) and has to fight through Vivicars ship, tank the blastdoor explosion etc beforehand, and imo its one of the best feats any Jedi has ever performed.

ares834
I disagree. I don't see Vader smashing through a blast-door like that, nor block that blastdoor explosion, stop a lightsaber with the Force, pwn the First Son..... I don't see Vader equaling all that.

The blast door really isn't all the impressive. Vader, by contrast, has shaken the entire Jedi Temple to such an extant that walls were collapsing. Even more impressive, he shook a Coruscant skyscraper to it's very foundations and of course Coruscant Skyscrapers are enormous being hundreds of stories tall. He has also destroyed a metal that is, according to SW science, unbreakable with a force blast. Etc...

Stopping a lightsaber with the force really isn't all that impressive. Even Shaak Ti during the CW did it.

No clue how powerful the First Son is so I can't comment.

It just says the plague syphons their power. But still, hundreds of Jedi is hundreds of Jedi, even a small portion would add up massively and Vivicar isn't using the energy to grant him immortality like Vitiate is, but rather raw power. Add into that that the Consular is massively weakened (used the Shielding technique 6 times, which exhausts her to the point of collapse each time and killed the last person to use it because of the strain) and has to fight through Vivicars ship, tank the blastdoor explosion etc beforehand, and imo its one of the best feats any Jedi has ever performed.

Like I said it's a good feat. Just unsure how good it is. Did Vivicar actually do anything impressive?

Nephthys
The blast door really isn't all the impressive. Vader, by contrast, has shaken the entire Jedi Temple to such an extant that walls were collapsing. Even more impressive, he shook a Coruscant skyscraper to it's very foundations and of course Coruscant Skyscrapers are enormous being hundreds of stories tall. He has also destroyed a metal that is, according to SW science, unbreakable with a force blast. Etc...

Stopping a lightsaber with the force really isn't all that impressive. Even Shaak Ti during the CW did it.

No clue how powerful the First Son is so I can't comment.

Sources for those feats? Because those feats are well above Dooku and Caedus imo. But I still see the Barsen'thors feats as comparable to those in terms of combat power.

She blocked it with her hand, and was sent flying through the air. Pulling it off successfully is still a good combat skill and to use it against the First Son is highly impressive.

He's supposedly the most powerful Sith barring Vitiate. Plus in his fight with the Barsen'thor he's clearly amazingly powerful to be pushing her as much as he is. Plus she pwned him with a Force Wave so powerful it collapsed the roof.

Like I said it's a good feat. Just unsure how good it is. Did Vivicar actually do anything impressive?

Mindfvcked 6 Jedi Knights into insanity, permanently dominated the minds of hundreds of Republic troops and warped their bodies with Sith Alchemy/Sorcery, is 'terrifyingly powerful', infected hundreds of Jedi Masters with his plague all over the galaxy without needing to encounter them in person (Legend is right to compare this with Abeloths Force Psychosis) and mindfvcked and possessed Yuon Par when she tried discerning his location and fought the Consular with her body.

ares834
OK, yeah, that guy is quite impressive.

As for the sources, I don't have access tot he novels right now I'll try to post quotes later tonight. Anyway, he shakes the building in Streets of Shadows. He shakes the Jedi Temple in Last of the Jedi: Underworld. And he breaks the supposedly indestructible metal in, I believe, Death Star.

Nephthys
"This ... is for Padme," he rasped. And with a supreme effort, he spat a mouthful of blood directly into the surprised Dark Lord's mask.

Vader's reaction was not what he'd expected. After a frozen instant, ignoring the bloody spittle running down one plasteel cheek, he knelt and grabbed Typho by the hair, lifting the latter's head and eliciting a cry of renewed pain from him.

"What?" The flare in the Force that raced through the hangar was enough to shake the foundations of the building. The Dark Lord actually seemed to grow, to expand and become more terrible in his rage than Typho would have believed possible."

Is this the first one?

ares834
I believe so. Although, it's admittedly not as impressive as I remember it.

Nephthys
Reading a little higher, the building is only about 6 floors high. Impressive, yes, but not that much.

Master Han
^given how far Anakin fell, 6 stories must be a pretty long way. wink

Nephthys
g8JUIGdKli0

Master Han
is 'terrifyingly powerful'

You're right, then. Barsen'thor has this in the bag.

ares834
Reading a little higher, the building is only about 6 floors high. Impressive, yes, but not that much.

Really? You got the quote? Because it was a Coruscanti building and those things should be huge. Ah well.

Anyway, here is the one from Death Star pg 73:

"Vader inhaled, holding the dry and slightly bitter air for as long as his scarred lungs could manage it. When he allowed the breath to be drawn from him by the respirator, he thrust his right hand toward a nearby mirror.

The aluminized densecris shattered into a thousand pieces, struck by the dark side as if by a metal fist.

Vader was aware of the "unbreakable" substance splintering and falling, tinkling onto the floor, myriad reflections sparkling in the light as they seemed to move in slow motion. At the same time, the Force alerted him to the presence of someone in the doorway behind him."

Nephthys
Vader and Tycho meet on the sixth floor, with Tycho actually being on the seventh. Theres no mention of the building being any higher.

Yeah, well, the Barsen'thor shattered a Rakatan Vault door. Given that the Rakatans have unparallelled technology, its likely the door's metal is comparably tough.

You're right, then. Barsen'thor has this in the bag.

Serious?

Edit: Slight typo, the actual quote is that he 'possesses terrifying power.'

ares834
Not really. The Star Forge, for example, was not able to withstand the fire power of the Republic ships after all. Nor was the SF's fleet for that matter.

Nephthys
Well yeah, but that was like, a dozen capital ships firing on it at the same time. And the Star Forge was only a factory. The vault door was specifically built for durability.

Stigma
Putting Barsen'thor on Vader's level Force-wise is generous....
but above Vader? That's really, really pushing it, given that even Galen "I abuse the Force so hard" Marek cannot be said to be decisively above Vader in that regard.

Nephthys
Nah, Galen is above Vader in terms of the Force. In the first game and book he decisively beats Vader with the Force, ragdolling and smashing things into him in both versions. In the second game Vaders trying to push him off the platform with his pillar and Galens able to resist it, pull another pillar out of the ground while resisting Vaders own pillar, then throw Vaders pillar away and pwn him with the lightning generated by his pillar.

ares834
Well yeah, but that was like, a dozen capital ships firing on it at the same time. And the Star Forge was only a factory. The vault door was specifically built for durability.

By contrast, a dozen capital ships would do nothing to the Death Star's shields.

Ultimately, the Rakatan tech seems to be primarily based on the force and not science. Heck, even their hyperdrives worked via the force. So I'm doubtful that the metal on their gates will be superior to a metal that is described as "unbreakable" during the Empire era.

Stigma
Nah, Galen is above Vader in terms of the Force. In the first game and book he decisively beats Vader with the Force, ragdolling and smashing things into him in both versions. In the second game Vaders trying to push him off the platform with his pillar and Galens able to resist it, pull another pillar out of the ground while resisting Vaders own pillar, then throw Vaders pillar away and pwn him with the lightning generated by his pillar.
Perhaps. Though I was under the impression their figths were always equal to the point.

Still, I see noting to suggest Barsen'thor is above Vader in the Force. He is good, but not quite up there.

ares834
Originally posted by Stigma
Perhaps. Though I was under the impression their figths were always equal to the point.

Still, I see noting to suggest Barsen'thor is above Vader in the Force. He is good, but not quite up there.

Starkiller holds a slight advantage throughout both fights. However, according to TFU II novel, Vader was holding back in the second fight as he didn't want to kill SK.

Stigma
^ Yeah, when it comes to TFU IIthat's exactly the impression I've got.

Either way, Marek is a Force beast to the degree that his feats are absurd. Vader being able to match up to him is only a point to his advantage.

Nephthys
By contrast, a dozen capital ships would do nothing to the Death Star's shields.

Ultimately, the Rakatan tech seems to be primarily based on the force and not science. Heck, even their hyperdrives worked via the force. So I'm doubtful that the metal on their gates will be superior to a metal that is described as "unbreakable" during the Empire era.

Yeah yeah.

Meh, I disagree. Rakatan tech is always shown to be way more advanced than anything else in Star Wars, even the stuff that doesn't work on the Force. SWTORE claims that they possessed 'galaxy-altering technology' which they stored on Belsavis and calls their technology 'supreme.' Theres also the fact that they defeated and contained a being that eats suns.

By the way, the section on Belsavis also calls its vaults 'impregnable' on two occasions.

Master Han
Meh, I disagree. Rakatan tech is always shown to be way more advanced than anything else in Star Wars,

Wouldn't explain why their empire was so small as a result of their limited hyperspace technology.

That's...sort of vague.

SW superweapons can destroy suns.

So does what Vader destroys in Death Star.

ares834
Except, Raktan tech isn't superior. For example, their hyperdrives are shit when compared to the current hyperdrives as they are only able to traverse to worlds strong in the force.

Now, I'll admit the Star Forge is probably one of the most impressive pieces of tech ever in the galaxy. But their star ships and droids aren't shown to be nearly at that level.

As for the vaults being impregnable, that doesn't mean that the gates the Counciler pushed open were.

Nephthys
The door is called a 'Vault door' by the quest text.

Wouldn't explain why their empire was so small as a result of their limited hyperspace technology.

That's...sort of vague.

SW superweapons can destroy suns.

So does what Vader destroys in Death Star.

Meh, so they weren't the best at everything. The only reason Republic hyperdrives are so great is because they're based on Rakatan hyperdrives.

Sort of vague is still sort of AWESOME!

That isn't the same as eating one. Besides, Rakatan tech has the energy throughput of suns.

Hence why I compared the two feats.

The_Tempest
Palpatine's Empire would wreck the Rakatans.

Nephthys
True, but not in terms of tech imo.

Master Han
Meh, so they weren't the best at everything. The only reason Republic hyperdrives are so great is because they're based on Rakatan hyperdrives.

True, true. I forgot that experts typically rank the Roman military above that of the United States, given how much we borrow from them. Sadly, scientists still haven't woken up and re-adopted Galileo's conception of physics, given how much our understanding borrows from his.

True, true. The Mayas were especially powerful, harnessing their vagueness to create the most powerful military force, past, present and future.

You're right.

It's better.

So do super star destroyers.

Hmmm.

Nephthys
True, true. I forgot that experts typically rank the Roman military above that of the United States, given how much we borrow from them. Sadly, scientists still haven't woken up and re-adopted Galileo's conception of physics, given how much our understanding borrows from his.

Lol. You pointed out the Rakatans weak hyperdrives as evidence their tech sucks, so I countered by pointing out that the only reason the Republic possesses superior hyperdrive tech is becaus ethey copied hyperdrive tech from the Rakatans and refined it. That doesn't apply to other aspects of their respective technologies.

True, true. The Mayas were especially powerful, harnessing their vagueness to create the most powerful military force, past, present and future.

If the Mayans had artifacts that could affect the entire planet, damn straight would they be powerful.

You're right.

It's better.

No it isn't. Destabalising a star is leagues less impressive than siphoning and containing the energy of one.

So do super star destroyers.

So do Rakatan mind-traps.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
in terms of esoteric and arcane force abilities, i give the edge to caedus, as he has flow walking, near perfect illusions, aing tii fighting sight, etc.

in terms of combat force abilities like TK and what not, im not so sure, but i may give barsen the edge.

ares834
Lol. You pointed out the Rakatans weak hyperdrives as evidence their tech sucks, so I countered by pointing out that the only reason the Republic possesses superior hyperdrive tech is becaus ethey copied hyperdrive tech from the Rakatans and refined it. That doesn't apply to other aspects of their respective technologies.

Which means the Republic is far more scientifically advanced in this case.

Ultimately though, I haven't seen anything that puts Rakatan tech anywhere near as having as much fire power or defensive capabilities as the Empire's. And that is what should matter when talking about "unbreakable" metals.

And once again, just because a vault is supposedly impenetrable does not mean that the Vault's gate is made of an "indestructible" metal.

The_Tempest
BTW,

B.'s feats are impressive... but I'm actually not seeing anything beyond Vader.

Nephthys
They took down a being who ate suns. sneer

Also the good ol' Swtore says that if Soa The Infernal One or the World Razer ever got out, it would spell certain doom for the galaxy. And that the Infinite Empire was 'powerful beyond measure.'

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The_Tempest
BTW,

oh definitely not, i think vader's force feats, especially with tk, are greater than barsen's

The_Tempest

Also the good ol' Swtore says that if Soa The Infernal One or the World Razer ever got out, it would spell certain doom for the galaxy. And that the Infinite Empire was 'powerful beyond measure.'

...Palpatine's Empire would still wreck them.

Nephthys
Yeah....

ares834

Except they weren't. The Infinite Empire held at their peak around a mere 500 worlds and were unable to conquer Tython.

As for Soa, the guy was beat by around a dozen Jedi/Sith something tells me he isn't going to be as big of a threat as SWTORE makes him out to be.

ares834
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
oh definitely not, i think vader's force feats, especially with tk, are greater than barsen's

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
and if caedus is stronger in the force than vader....

The_Tempest
Vader's got some pretty badass feats in the WII TFU game and its sequel.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
smile

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
BTW,

I see beating Vivicar as being above what Vader could do personally. In the same situation I doubt he'd have managed it. Remember that most of the Barsen'thors feats are while severely weakened.

ROTJ Vader
Can someone explain how Windu and Dooku are supposed to be equals, yet Windu barley beat Sora and Dooku pwned Sora who had the help of Tholme?.

I was wondering what people had to say about that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
because apparently they stalemated in a very brief duel

Edit: this is my line of logic for why vader > windu

Master Han

Then explain how they're superior.

laughing LOL, wut?

http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/alderaan_death_star_ouch.jpg

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Alderaan-Frame02_6011.jpg

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Beam/Boom.jpg

"affect the entire planet" my ass.

A medium star outputs around e26 watts. The Executor already matches such levels of power - it basically carries a star in its reactor.

What are they?

Nephthys
Then explain how they're superior.

Ok.

I was just playing the Inquisitor campaign and I ran into a machine that created the Twilek, Zabrak, Rattataki and Esh'ka species'.

Created. The. Species. :I

The Rakata took down beings that ate suns and had tech that can affect the galaxy and create species. Swtore says that if Soa or the World Razer got out they could solo the TOR-era, and the Rakata took them down.

laughing LOL, wut?

http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/alderaan_death_star_ouch.jpg

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Alderaan-Frame02_6011.jpg

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Beam/Boom.jpg

"affect the entire planet" my ass.

facepalm

I was speaking in terms of the example, not the Rakata you goon. In the Mayans could affect an entire planet to us that would be super advanced right? Just the Rakata being able to affect the entire galaxy is super advanced compared to the Star Wars level of tech.

A medium star outputs around e26 watts. The Executor already matches such levels of power - it basically carries a star in its reactor.

Proof of that?

What are they?

Exactly what the name entails. Boxes that trap the consciousness of a being inside it. On Tatooine Czerka found one and learned that it possessed the energy throughput of a sun.

Master Han
Ok.

I was just playing the Inquisitor campaign and I ran into a machine that created the Twilek, Zabrak, Rattataki and Esh'ka species'.

Created. The. Species. :I

The Rakata took down beings that ate suns and had tech that can affect the galaxy and create species. Swtore says that if Soa or the World Razer got out they could solo the TOR-era, and the Rakata took them down.

Creating species is cake with PT era cloning technology.

Shifting the goalpost to vague "affect the galaxy!" accolade aside, affecting planets is nothing by the standards of the modern SW era. Heck, it's nothing in context of TOR era. You need to do better than that.

Star Wars: Complete Locations.

Not impressive by SW standards...

Dude, we just went over this; modern SW technology can output the energy of a sun. The Death Star's hypermatter reactor has the power output of several hundred super-giant stars.

Nephthys
Creating species is cake with PT era cloning technology.

Lol, no it ****ing isn't.

Shifting the goalpost to vague "affect the galaxy!" accolade aside, affecting planets is nothing by the standards of the modern SW era. Heck, it's nothing in context of TOR era. You need to do better than that.

I'm not shifting the goalpost, that was the original goalpost. Then you made a dumb joke about 'yeah the Mayans were awesome too' to which I replied that if the Mayans possessed the capability to affect the entire planet yes we would consider them awesome, just like the Rakatans possessing technology that can affect the galaxy would be considered awesome compared to SW level of tech.

Affecting planets has nothing to do with the Rakatans. They're stated to have technology that can affect the galaxy. The thing about planets was me responding to an analogy you made! Jesus, keep up.

Star Wars: Complete Locations.

hoss

Ok, that checks out. But the Executor is a hundred times bigger than regular Star Destroyers so it clearly exceptional.

Not impressive by SW standards...

I didn't say it was. In fact, that such a small and irrelevant thing houses so much power speaks of the Rakatans capabilities.

Dude, we just went over this; modern SW technology can output the energy of a sun.

Yeah, and so can Rakatan tech. And not just in things made to be as retardedly enormous as possible.

NewGuy01
Don't forget that the Rakatan's inherited the Kwa's stuff too after they overthrew them, AKA: Star Temples. Basically a Force Storm capable of swallowing the entire star system it's on sealed in a gate. It can also teleport someone anywhere in the Galaxy and shoot Infinty Waves which can destroy planets as easily as the DS can. And the Kwa had many if these gates.

Nephthys
thumb up

The Rakata themselves have teleport technology, probably stolen from the Kwa know I think about it.

Master Han
Lol, no it ****ing isn't.

They can create sentient robots, what makes you think making new organic species is more impressive? We're not talking about the Force; organic life is not intrinsically more difficult to create.

BTW, Star Wars: Crucible reveals that the "nargons" are a genetically created species. Not PT era, but still.

confused Do you understand how an analogy works? There's a matter of proportions. I could just turn your argument on itself and point out that while Mayan Empire <<<< Rakatan Empire, the United States <<<<< Galactic Republic/Empire.

Please elucidate how the Rakatans affected "the galaxy", to what extent, and in what manner.

wink The entire Executor isn't used to output that magnitude of power; that's what's being powered. The actual reactor is not very large.

Please quantify how small it is.

ares834
The Mind Traps are slightly smaller than a man.

Nephthys
They can create sentient robots, what makes you think making new organic species is more impressive? We're not talking about the Force; organic life is not intrinsically more difficult to create.

BTW, Star Wars: Crucible reveals that the "nargons" are a genetically created species. Not PT era, but still.

Uh, because thats a completely different thing? Creating ****ing robots isn't the same as creating completely new species. And cloning isn't the same either, they're just copying an existing blueprint. If they could create new species they wouldn't need Jango Fett, they'd create a species 8 feet tall that shoots fire from its nipples and eats battledroids with its dick.

Then that is pointless to mention. POINTLESS!

confused Do you understand how an analogy works? There's a matter of proportions. I could just turn your argument on itself and point out that while Mayan Empire <<<< Rakatan Empire, the United States <<<<< Galactic Republic/Empire.

Likely better than you. I made a joke about how even if its vague its still impressive, so you went 'yeah the Mayans were vague too guess they were awesome as well', to which I replied 'Well if the Mayans had stuff that could affect the planet damn straight they would be' and then you did a stupid and misunderstood me.

But please, explain to me this proportions thing. I'm dying to understand your geniupidity more.

Please elucidate how the Rakatans affected "the galaxy", to what extent, and in what manner.

"The Rakata's goal was not only to contain potential threats to their superiority, but to store galaxy-altering technology for potential later use."

wink The entire Executor isn't used to output that magnitude of power; that's what's being powered. The actual reactor is not very large.

Woo hoo.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4akqqHn881qdou6co2_250.gif

Please quantify how small it is.

About the size of a dog, lengthways, in height?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.