Exar Kun runs the gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im trying to get an idea of exar's power, so how far does he get in the gauntlet, with full rests in between? takes place in lord vitiate's throne room on the dromund kaas space station. this is kun prior to his imprisonment by the wall of light. is also equipped with his amulet.

1. Darth Nyriss
2. RotS Obi Wan
3. count dooku
4. prime revan
5. DoE bane
boss: Master Yoda

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
personally, i think he might be able to make it to 5, idk if he wins there tho

ROTJ Vader
Clears. Loses the Boss fight barley.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
how tough is each fight for him?

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
how tough is each fight for him?

Slaughters 1-2, has some trouble with 3- beats 5minor trouble. Loses Boss in a good match.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
you think he has minor trouble with DoE bane? i thought he'd struggle a bit...

Master Han
im trying to get an idea of exar's power, so how far does he get in the gauntlet, with full rests in between? takes place in lord vitiate's throne room on the dromund kaas space station. this is kun prior to his imprisonment by the wall of light. is also equipped with his amulet.

1. Darth Nyriss - amulet = dead
2. RotS Obi Wan - amulet = dead; without amulets, he still wins with the Force
3. count dooku - depending on Dooku's tutaminis, agility and FL, amulet = dead, or stops here
4. prime revan - toss up here, given Revan's strength in the Force, and his tutaminis; without amulets, he stops here
5. DoE bane - I'd put him below Revan, so slight edge to Exar, thanks to amulets
boss: Master Yoda - stops here, amulet or no

Nephthys
I agree, though I think Bane is fast enough to dodge the amulet and get in close to take Kun apart myself.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i have a thought: nyriss's lightning is widely overrated. she manages to char two mooks with lightning, so what? does that make revan blocking it super impressive? more impressive than yoda blocking sidious's lightning?

Nephthys
That isn't the impressive thing, though it is still rather good, above say, Dooku. The impressive thing is that Revan casually caught her charged lightning, which possessed enough power to incinerate her in a second, despite having to rip through a Force shield first.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
my question is: is that more impressive than blocking sidious's lightning?

edit: plus kun's amulet blasts could punch holes through sith wyrms.

Master Han

No. I'd put Yoda's tutanimis above Revan's.

Nephthys
Its at the least comparable. At the time Sidious' lightning had also proven able to disintegrate and I'm of the mind that his lightning was probably more powerful than even her charged blast, due to him just being much more powerful than her. However as I said, Revan more than makes up for it for showing no sign of struggling while doing it and being able to mouth off during whereas Yoda was obviously struggling a lot.

So yeah, in my opinion it is a little bit more impressive.

ares834

edit: plus kun's amulet blasts could punch holes through sith wyrms.

Probably not, no. However, it was done with apparent ease.

Anyway, I could see Revan taking down Exar Kun via absorbing/deflecting amulet blasts. Of course, Revan doesn't have any real concrete saber feats to properly gauge his level so no clue what happens if it becomes a saber duel.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
Of course, Revan doesn't have any real concrete saber feats to properly gauge his level so no clue what happens if it becomes a saber duel.

As much as it pains me to recant a previous opinion of mine.... I have to finally agree with Legend that Revan easily owning an Imperial Guardsman with his lightsaber is indicative of great ability, seeing the accolades we've been given of them:

"When confronted by the Imperial Guard, the mightiest of Sith have laid down their lightsabers and surrendered to the inevitable death offered by a guardsman's electrostaff. Even members of the Dark Council fear the Imperial Guard, though many would die before confessing such weakness." + "Unmatched in martial skill."

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
um, that still doesnt compare with kun imo, kun has:

beaten vodo siosk baas while he was a padawan
stalemated ulic qel droma, a very skilled duelist, even when he lost his connection to the force, and i believe he also defeated a jedi master war hero guy, though im not too sure
never lost a saber duel in his life, except when he was but a padawan
was light years ahead of almost everyone in terms of power (hence why 1000's of jedi were needed to contain him)

Nephthys
I was talking about the 'any real concrete saber feats to properly gauge his level' thing.

ROTJ Vader
^Agreed. Kun would DEMOLISH Revan in a saber duel.

ares834
um, that still doesnt compare with kun imo, kun has:

beaten vodo siosk baas while he was a padawan
stalemated ulic qel droma, a very skilled duelist, even when he lost his connection to the force, and i believe he also defeated a jedi master war hero guy, though im not too sure
never lost a saber duel in his life, except when he was but a padawan
was light years ahead of almost everyone in terms of power (hence why 1000's of jedi were needed to contain him)

How skilled is Vodo? Anyway, Exar bested him by simply cutting through his staff not by "out-skilling" him.

Stalemating Ulic is quite good and easily his best saber feat.

Got a source for Exar never losing a duel?

Nor was he far better than everyone else. Ulic, as you already pointed out, stalemated him and the tree man (forgot his name) managed to drive Exar off.

Originally posted by Nephthys
As much as it pains me to recant a previous opinion of mine.... I have to finally agree with Legend that Revan easily owning an Imperial Guardsman with his lightsaber is indicative of great ability, seeing the accolades we've been given of them:

"When confronted by the Imperial Guard, the mightiest of Sith have laid down their lightsabers and surrendered to the inevitable death offered by a guardsman's electrostaff. Even members of the Dark Council fear the Imperial Guard, though many would die before confessing such weakness." + "Unmatched in martial skill."

Impressive. Still, I think that alone isn't really enough to gauge his skill.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
and in the force, it's close, but overall kun definitely takes it imo

edit: baas was renowned as an elite duelist for his time, and the greatest warrior of his race. also, when i said he was light years ahead, i meant in OVERALL, not just force or just sabers. and i don't think there is anytime he actually did lose a saber duel, except of course against baas as a padawan, whom he defeated next time when he utilized jar-kai

ares834
Nah. Revan has him beat in the force. After being drugged and out of practice for over a year he manages to easily absorb and release Nyriss's lightning.

Then, in TOR, after mentally battling the Emperor, being drained, and out of practice for 300 years he rips asteroids out of a very low orbit and throws them at high velocities and in a very rapid succession.

Meanwhile, Exar Kun's most potent force abilities, his amulet blasts, are pretty much nullified by Revan's skill with absorb.

The_Tempest
As much as it pains me to recant a previous opinion of mine....

lol good one

If recanting a previous opinion causes you pain, you must live in a perpetual state of anguish.

ROTJ Vader
1.Best Jedi of his time. And Exar did outskill him do to physical strength, As Vodos stick is stronger then a lightsaber.

2.Nah, beating Vodo is. But stalemating with Uliq is impressive since it was before his prime.

3.He was losing to Vodo in there first fight. But overpowered him by slashing his saber in half with 2blades.

4.Uliq stalemated him before his prime. 6months later was his prime, when he fought Vodo.

Ood Bnar, Kun was beating him before he turned into full tree form then became way stronger.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
lol good one

If recanting a previous opinion causes you pain, you must live in a perpetual state of anguish.

=(^-^)=

ROTJ Vader
=(^-^)=

?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i thought gameplay mechanics weren't canon, unless it says something in the SWTORE

The_Tempest
=(^-^)=

Is that the emoticon for Lol You Got Me There, Bro?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
oh btw, if you didnt catch my post ares:

edit: baas was renowned as an elite duelist for his time, and the greatest warrior of his race. also, when i said he was light years ahead, i meant in OVERALL, not just force or just sabers. and i don't think there is anytime he actually did lose a saber duel, except of course against baas as a padawan, whom he defeated next time when he utilized jar-kai

ROTJ Vader
Nah. Revan has him beat in the force. After being drugged and out of practice for over a year he manages to easily absorb and release Nyriss's lightning.

Then, in TOR, after mentally battling the Emperor, being drained, and out of practice for 300 years he rips asteroids out of a very low orbit and throws them at high velocities and in a very rapid succession.

Meanwhile, Exar Kun's most potent force abilities, his amulet blasts, are pretty much nullified by Revan's skill with absorb.

Eh, im not sure about that. Kun has defeated giant Sith beasts(created by Naga Sadow) with his amulets and has defeated Freedon Nadd(who collapsed a cave) and beat Odan-Urr. But Revan would proabably win in a force battle, but not in a saber duel.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
and i think the force battle may be somewhat close, while the saber battle is a bit lopsided

ROTJ Vader
and i think the force battle may be somewhat close, while the saber battle is a bit lopsided

Agreed.

ares834
Quote for Vodo being the best Jedi of his time?

He beat Vodo as a padawan before embracing the dark side... Yet, as a Sith, he was unable to overcome Ulic. So, yeah, Ulic seems to be the more dangerous combatant based solely on that. But then, you got Ulic's other feats which are quite impressive. Like holding his own against a Jedi in a duel without being able to use the force.

Kun only bested Ood Bnar when the Massassi intervened.

Edit: Ultimately, Kun does have the more impressive saber feats. No doubt. But, due to the relative lack of knowledge on Revan's blade work, I'm not inclined to automatically give Exar a victory in the saber duel.

The_Tempest
Kun only bested Ood Bnar when the Massassi intervened.

lol

I remember Janus interpreting that a little differently.

ROTJ Vader
1.Quote for Vodo being the best Jedi of his time?

2.He beat Vodo as a padawan before embracing the dark side... Yet, as a Sith, he was unable to overcome Ulic. So, yeah, Ulic seems to be the more dangerous combatant based solely on that. But then, you got Ulic's other feats which are quite impressive. Like holding his own against a Jedi in a duel without being able to use the force.

3.Kun only bested Ood Bnar when the Massassi intervened.

1.He leads the council and directs most of the affairs. I would say he's one of the best or the best. Who else would you rank above him?. Maybe Thon, but thats about it.

2.No. In him and Vodos first fight Vodo had the clear edge until Kun overpowered him with 2sabers and physical strength. Then he stalmated with Uliq then 6months later fought Vodo again and won.

3.Yeah thats a good point. Speaks for Bnars skill.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i'll give exar the saber duel, because of the same reason we all say vitiate sucks with sabers, aka lack of many feats.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Is that the emoticon for Lol You Got Me There, Bro?

(=^u^=)

ares834
i thought gameplay mechanics weren't canon, unless it says something in the SWTORE

I'd argue that's not a gameplay mechanic as it's a unique ability they gave him that he automatically uses in the duel. It's similar, IMO, how Revan's explosive "death" seems to be canon.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
so i guess malak knows force immunity, as he always uses it at the beginning of your duels with him? malgus can insta-kill you in the false emperor with his unlimited power ability?

NewGuy01
He stops at Revan.

Nephthys
I'd argue that's not a gameplay mechanic as it's a unique ability they gave him that he automatically uses in the duel. It's similar, IMO, how Revan's explosive "death" seems to be canon.

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He stops at Revan.

care to explain?

Master Han
I'd put Revan and Exar Kun on relatively even footing in the sabers department. It's tough enough to compare such abilities across eras, let alone with virtual unknowns; Revan is a high level master of multiple forms, but has never demonstrated the prodigious "invent knew style for untested weapon" technical skill of Kun. However, I put Revan above him in overall Force ability, which certainly plays a factor as well.

IMO, Anakin > Revan/Exar Kun > Obi Wan in sabers. It's sort of arbitrary, but f*ck you if you point it out.

------

Does anyone have destruction feats for the amulets? If they aren't so powerful that Revan cannot absorb them, he ties in sabers and wins in Force/all-out. Otherwise, I don't see anyone short of possibly Yoda taking him.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the blasts were able to one-shot sith spawn and sith wyrms, kinda like palpatine's lightning (hint: im not necessarily saying kun = sidious in that regard, but they are very comparable) it could also blast pretty big holes through walls and what not.

Nephthys
http://s16.postimg.org/lxwxdfyqd/kunspower.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/mlk1tx.jpg

He also owned Aleema Keto with a casual blast and brushed off her own attack and she was able to reduce people to skeletons with Force Blasts, which is pretty powerful.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah i think kun can definitely beat revan then.

Nephthys
I'm not so sure myself....

Reading through old threads is fun. Though god was Sexy a complete assh*le.

Mizukage Yoda
Wasn't it alluded to in KOTOR that Revan and Malak were small fry compared to Exar Kun?

Nephthys
I believe so. Suvam Tan, the merchant on Yavin IV, talks about Exar Kun and about how he was so powerful the ground shook beneath his feet as he walked and how he makes Malak look like a pussy in comparison.

Petrus
Sounds like a hyperbolic statement. It's also said in KOTOR II that Freedon Nadd was far worse than Revan and Malak ever were. Are we to believe these baseless comments?

ares834
Nah, especially since Suvam had literally no clue about what was going on in the galaxy.

Petrus
We really can't trust a merchant when he's speaking of Kun's power.

ares834
Edit for edit

?YLLAER
I'm not so sure myself....

Reading through old threads is fun. Though god was Sexy a complete assh*le.

lol I was the biggest noob back then.

Master Han
I believe so. Suvam Tan, the merchant on Yavin IV, talks about Exar Kun and about how he was so powerful the ground shook beneath his feet as he walked and how he makes Malak look like a pussy in comparison.

And Anakin bragged to Obi Wan that his bladework already surpassed Master Yoda's. And that his powers had "doubled" by RotS. I therefore request that the RotS Anakin vs Satele Shan thread be closed for spite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.