ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi Vs Lord Scourage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROTJ Vader
Alright so who wins!?. Sabers, Force, and All-Out.

pencilcrayon
Scourge wipes the floor with him says Vrista Serket.

Master Han
I can't read the OP, but Obi Wan ROFLAMO stomps his ass. It's a comparison between a highly revered soresu master, and an exceptionally talented but still insignificant in the grand scheme of things Scourge. This same Scourge was hesitant and self-doubting when tasked with facing a dark council member, just from the knowledge that his enemy was a member of the dark council; Obi Wan can tool most members of the RotS high council. Kenobi is a much, much bigger fish in the pond.

NewGuy01
That's one way to look at it. Another is that he defeated Darth Xedrix 300 years before his prime. :/

Nephthys
Scourge should win imo.

Also lol, Kenobi can't tool most of the Jedi High Council.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ah yes, an old, far out of his prime xedrix who takes like an hour to charge his lightning would get uber-stomped by kenobi.

ares834
Kenobi.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's one way to look at it. Another is that he defeated Darth Xedrix 300 years before his prime. :/

Haha. You serious?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by NewGuy01

im prty sure scourge peaked at some point during those 300 years, most likely in the first 10-30

Nephthys
Pfft, yeah right. Unless by that you mean 'mastered all forms of lightsaber combat and actualized his prodigious potential.' In which case he definitely beats Kenobi.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
nah, obi wan has far greater accolades than scourge imo, defeating 1100 people over 300 years isnt that impressive, especially if you factor in the idea that scourge probably had the element of surprise in most of these encounters, and that these were beings of questionable power, and that kenobi has stalemated TCW Maul, pwn grevious, arguably the greatest master of soresu, etc.

Nephthys
Nah. I've made my arguments for Scourge exhaustively. He was already a skilled swordsman in Revan and has 300 years of training on top of that, plus one of the highest killcounts in the mythos. Revan and Nyriss note that Scourge has enormous potential, which again suggests to me that after 300 years he'd be an extremely powerful Sith, not even counting the fact that 'his battle prowess is enhanced by the Emperor.' Scourge is also above the Dark Council, therefore putting him above Kenobi in lieu of that in my esteem.

Also he almost certainly didn't surprise anyone given what we see of his methods in TOR as well as his description on the Swtor website that 'Scourge has struck down dozens of Jedi while climbing over the bodies of numerous Sith who dared to stand against him.' Furthermore, Scourge is a 'heavily-armored close combat' fighter, not stealth based.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
if you REALLY wanna get in-depth, then scourge was probably gorging himself on the emotions of the sith he killed, enhancing his power, which he wouldn't be able to do on kenobi cool

Nephthys
Except he still has that 'over a hundred Jedi' kills.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
are these random jedi > kenobi? plus the hero of tython defeats scourge when not even close to his/her prime, some1 whom i think kenobi is superior to

Nephthys
Lolwut? HoT is way >> Kenobi bro.

Plus they weren't random, they were powerful enough for Vitiate to deem threats. Thats a high accolade imo. I'm not saying they were above Kenobi (though I doubt anyone would describe him as 'too powerful' lmao), just pointing out that he's defeated powerful Jedi whose emotions he couldn't gorge on before.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im saying at that point in time, not prime hero.

plus i still cant say they're> kenobi just because vitiate deems them threats, and im definitely sure kenobi would be strong enough in his ROTS incarnation to be a "threat."

Master Han
Originally posted by Nephthys
He was already a skilled swordsman in Revan and has 300 years of training on top of that,

So this puts him above Kenobi, but not Dooku? Why? And why isn't Yoda above Sidious, then?

laughing This is not nearly as important as your wiener would fantasize. I'd imagine that Maul has a higher kill count than Yoda.

I don't think including Vitiate's boost is fair here. He's not in this battle. And "enormous potential" and "extremely powerful" hardly put him on Obi Wan's level.

So what?

Obi Wan has better feats, and better accolades. There is no evidence in your favor, just vague speculation and baseless conjecture. Obi Wan > Scourge. With a blade, Obi Wan surpass all but maybe the HoT, the other Emperor's Wrath, and possibly Malgus. Everyone else dies. Deal with it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Master Han
So what?

So he didn't surprise his opponents.

Anyway, Tempest called my Scourge arguments 'respectable.' So there, eat red hot validation suckas!

Master Han
So he didn't surprise his opponents.

...which nullifies the point that he could pick and choose his battles, and was amped by Vitiate, how exactly?

How do you arbitrarily conclude that Scourge + 300 years > Obi Wan, but < Dooku, and < Yoda? Are you computing some hidden mathematics you think is too complex for us to understand? Because I can assure that we have all mastered arithmetic, sweetie.

Tempest also called you a fatass. Are you really a fatass? Tell me, I really want to know.

Nephthys
...which nullifies the point that he could pick and choose his battles, and was amped by Vitiate, how exactly?

Huh?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ said that Scourge likely had the element of surprise in most of his battles so I pointed out some facts contradicting that. It had nothing to do with those two points.

What points though?

NewGuy01
I'm nit going to argue who would win here but based on Scoyrge's hype this isn't a ridiculous battle whatsoever.

Master Han
Huh?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ said that Scourge likely had the element of surprise in most of his battles so I pointed out some facts contradicting that. It had nothing to do with those two points.

What points though?

confused Having the element of surprise does not preclude fighting macho-style.

As supremeskillz points out, Scourge benefits from a rage boost when he kills sith. He does not get that benefit against Obi Wan. And feel free to name one of the prominent Jedi he's killed. Because, oddly enough, it seems as though you're vaguely waving your hand at these allegedly powerful Jedi he's killed, that we never see, and assuming that they must be on Obi Wan's level.

You know, because Durge had been alive for over a millenium, and had never met a Jedi faster than CW Anakin.

Nephthys
confused Having the element of surprise does not preclude fighting macho-style.

As supremeskillz points out, Scourge benefits from a rage boost when he kills sith. He does not get that benefit against Obi Wan. And feel free to name one of the prominent Jedi he's killed. Because, oddly enough, it seems as though you're vaguely waving your hand at these allegedly powerful Jedi he's killed, that we never see, and assuming that they must be on Obi Wan's level.

You know, because Durge had been alive for over a millennium, and had never met a Jedi faster than CW Anakin.

He wears heavy-armor, can you see him creeping along ventilation shafts? erm Scourge isn't going to be sneaking up on anyone. He's never shown a penchant towards stealth or attacked opponents by surprise. In TOR he walks up to a Republic base by himself to get to hims target and stands right in front of Vitiates throne waiting for the Hero. Its contradictory to think he'd resort to stealth against other opponents, especially when they're described as daring to stand against him.

And as I pointed out he's fought plenty of Jedi as well. The 'oh the jedi might have been shit' point is something you've brought up before. I'm not interested in getting into it again with you.

As a bounty hunter its unknown how many Jedi he's actually met. Likely he's never faced a Jedi Council member or any top tier Jedi. Furthermore, he was in hiding for most of that millennium.

Lastly about your point with Vitiates boost, theres nothing indicating its something Vitiate himself needs to constantly apply and not a permanent amp. The same line mentions his immortality, which isn't a limited boost.

Master Han
The 'oh the jedi might have been shit' point is something you've brought up before.

Learn to read more carefully: my request is not that you substantiate that these Jedi were not shit, but that they were on Obi Wan's level.

The description of Vitiate's boosting his imperial guards suggests that it's a constant amp, but one that requires Vitiate's active input. Otherwise, there would be no point in everyone's constantly mentioning it, if it's an old onetime power-up. It's considered in the context of an external benefit.

Nephthys
I consider Quinlan Vos to be shit. Did you see his fight with Cad Bane? He was useless, Kenobi carried his ass through that fight.

The Imperial Guards draw on Vitiates power, while Scourge was enhanced by him. I don't see them as the same thing. And it isn't constantly mentioned, its said once in the encyclopedia iirc.

pencilcrayon
...Even members of the Dark Council fear the Imperial Guard...
Is Scourge superior to the imperial guard?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ok hold on. does "the imperial guard" mean one, or 10?

Nephthys
I guess its open to interpretation. Theres usually only one or two Imperial Guards anywhere in the game though.

Originally posted by pencilcrayon
Is Scourge superior to the imperial guard?

Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.