Favorite Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Wally West, Barry Allen, Jay Garrick, Max Mercury etc. Which flash is your favorite people?

-Pr-
Wally by a mile.

Bentley
Wally, what else?

BlackZero30x
Barry Allen! He's not just my favorite Flash he my favorite superhero! Not even a contest! BUT the others I would order like this....

Jay Garrick, Wally West, Bart Allen, Jessie Quick, Johnny Quick, Max Mercury.

I know a lot of people like Wally the most and I understand...He is cool but I have, ever since I was a kid, loved the silver age Flash. Though to be fair I always loved the JSA more then the JLA. So I guess I enjoy the older heroes more lol.

Cogito
I'm gonna go against the grain and pick Jay....

CosmicComet
Barry by far.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wally West.

F*ck Geoff Johns. F*ck DC. F*ck Barry Allen. There was absolutely no reason to bring Barry back imo but they didn't have to completely erase Wally West from f*cking continuity either. F*cking fagg*ts. I hope Mindset gets them all.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Wally West.

F*ck Geoff Johns. F*ck DC. F*ck Barry Allen. There was absolutely no reason to bring Barry back imo but they didn't have to completely erase Wally West from f*cking continuity either. F*cking fagg*ts. I hope Mindset gets them all.
Ooh, quite a reaction. Was wally such a favorite of yours?

Mine is Bart Allen and then Jay Garrick. Impulse written by Mark Waid is one of the comics I've ever read and Jay is just fantastic in JSA. I like wally and Barry too but Johns ruined barry for me.

Cogito
Wally West.

I agree with this if it were dialed back to sane person levels.

Golgo13
KC Flash!

Digi
Unlike Kyle, who failed to erase Hal from peoples' minds entirely, there was a time not so long ago when Barry really was just a product of a bygone era. He had a magnificent, Marvell-level sendoff, nobody missed him, and by all accounts Wally was more interesting.

Then they erased all of that. It was one of the bigger tragedies of character development. Because it cheapened Barry's past and "death" and marginalized Wally.

Bart at least always had his own identity, despite being second fiddle to the others. And Jay was pretty unassailable as the original.

Jay's my favorite, but I'm biased toward JSA. But it's a shame what happened to Wally.

Q99
I go for Wally, easily. He's got not just one but multiple of the best Flash runs ever (Mark Waid's, most obviously. And Geoff John's Flash run >> Geoff John's Barry run).

Jay's also nice, I like a lot of stuff with him.

Bart-as-Flash wasn't too great, though Bart-as-Impulse was really fun and Bart-as-Kid-Flash wasn't bad either. When the creator of Impulse was asked about killing Bart-Flash, he just shrugged and said the character's personality was totally different anyway, so the old character was already gone.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Ooh, quite a reaction. Was wally such a favorite of yours?

Mine is Bart Allen and then Jay Garrick. Impulse written by Mark Waid is one of the comics I've ever read and Jay is just fantastic in JSA. I like wally and Barry too but Johns ruined barry for me.

Wally West is my second favorite character ever.

Impulse would be my next favorite Flash. Then Jay. Kid Flash is alright too. F*ck Barry.

curryman
They're all incredible.

I always liked Barry the most, but that was in other hands than Geoff Johns's and didn't care much for Kid Flash. But in the end they've all had a litany of great stories.

abhilegend
Wally West is my second favorite character ever.

Impulse would be my next favorite Flash. Then Jay. Kid Flash is alright too. F*ck Barry.
Didn't know that.

JayDaDon
I like Barry the best because I just like the flash best when he's super critical and genius level, using his power in amazing ways. I know Wally did amazing things with his powers too but to be honest I read more Barry than I did on Wally. I would have liked them to keep him around but then came the big ol reboot and the big middle finger to a lot of fan favorite characters.

Endless Mike
Wally

Galan007
Bart.

Warlord
double W

roughrider
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wally by a mile.

Absolutely Wally West. He was DC's closest equivalent to a Peter Parker type, when he was the Flash. His status was also given weight by having to live up to the legacy and heroic sacrifice of Barry Allen, who wasn't nearly as interesting. But Geoff Johns and DC muffed all that up.

celeyhyga17
Barry.

lft4ded
Wally West!

aztec
Wally West and Barry Allen. I watched The Justice League and The Super friends, before reading comics, which makes me somewhat bias. To be honest, I don't really care for either Jay or Bart. When Bart died, I didn't shed a tear nor did I care. Wally on the other hand moved me when he disappeared in Infinite Crisis. I believe Bart and Jay are the least interesting core members of their respected teams.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.