Luke Skywalker vs. PoD Bane, Darth Krayt and Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Han
Can Luke Skywalker at his peak take out this trio?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120220031361/starwars/images/1/15/KnightOfPassage-SWGs7.jpg

vs.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080716202455/starwars/images/thumb/3/3a/Bane_15.jpg/180px-Bane_15.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110201154445/starwars/images/thumb/7/74/DarthKraytNewArmor-LW1.jpg/150px-DarthKraytNewArmor-LW1.jpg

and

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130419025341/factpile/images/9/98/6bdeb48a-9cf2-4eb6-8eab-81043c1f23f0_star_wars_jedi_CountDooku.jpg

damn image sizes

Setting: Senate Rotunda

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All out

Luke and Krayt get twin sabers.

------

I'd personally go with Luke at the moment, because I don't really know jack about Krayt.

If this is too much for Luke, add in Kyle Katarn.
If this is too much for the trio, swap PoD Bane for RoT Bane (no orbalisks)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
luke insta-rape stomps

The Merchant
Luke wins.

Master Han
On the one hand, Krayt gets humiliated by the holocrons of a few ancient sith. On the other hand, he seems to be able to help Luke against Abeloth in Conviction, and is apparently the most powerful duelist in his era, an era that includes a few Skywalkers. Particularly Kol Skywalker.

Nephthys
With RoT Bane they can win imo. PoD Bane probably not.

?YLLAER
I get the impression this thread was made with the sole intention to hurt my feelings. If so, you succeeded you jerk.

Master Han
Originally posted by ?YLLAER
I get the impression this thread was made with the sole intention to hurt my feelings. If so, you succeeded you jerk.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Don't get paranoid; I hardly make threads for the dubious pleasure of debating you. Stop applying Machiavellian motives to everything people do, OK?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i feel that luke looks like a badass in that picture tho

pencilcrayon
He has processed information in a nano second or less and has swung his blade "faster than thought"
He should be able to blitz 2 of them.

Q99
Personally I'd say the trio can handle it. None on their own, of course, but three combined...

... hm, unless of course they clash with each other due to Bane and Krayt hating each other. But if they can stay on course! Even Luke can only do so much at once, and each is a very powerful Sith who'd be able to put up a fight on their own to various extents.

Originally posted by Master Han
On the one hand, Krayt gets humiliated by the holocrons of a few ancient sith.

One of the holocrons had an actual ancient sith spirit (Remember that the Spirit of Exar Kun almost killed Luke once, sith spirits being actively dangerous to powerful people isn't new), who tried to make Krayt's armor eat him- and then Krayt *overcame* what he did and was fine.

Said spirit later got fully resurrected in body, and one of Krayt's subordinates curbstomped it.

Master Han
Originally posted by Q99
Personally I'd say the trio can handle it. None on their own, of course, but three combined...

... hm, unless of course they clash with each other due to Bane and Krayt hating each other. But if they can stay on course! Even Luke can only do so much at once, and each is a very powerful Sith who'd be able to put up a fight on their own to various extents.

Could you list some of Krayt's feats?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
imma try to find some

edit: he's held his own against kenobi in saber combat FAR before his prime, he's fought a much younger, fitter cade skywalker as a superior, his strength could be felt across the galaxy, held his own against karness muur, was able to fight abeloth alongside luke, and that's all i could find that was very impressive

Master Han
^did he really "hold his own" against Kenobi?

He's apparently the most powerful Force user (or was it duelist?) of his era, an era that supposedly includes Kol Skywalker. So...

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yes he did, but ultimately lost, just like we say revan held his own against vitiate, only to be ultimately defeated

edit: im prty sure it was duelist, although he was potent with the force, being able to crush stone with his lightning. and also, one of his "colleagues" annihilates an ancient sith

NewGuy01
Krayts feats:

1. In lightsaber combat, he obviously outmatched both Cade Skywalker and Darth Wyyrlok III--Both of whom were 2 of the best duelists of the era, along with Draco and Roan Fel. Krayt was the best duelist of the era by a distinguished amount.

2. Though he chose not to wear it in his final confrontations for an unknown reason, Krayt owned a set of Vonduun Crab armor which was inpenetrable by lightsabers, similarly to Orbalisk armor, though it's mechanisms are different.

3. He killed several Tuk'ata beasts with a burst of Force Lightning during his time on Korriban, and has also crumbled stone with FL. He could use Dark Transfer, which is similar to FL, to insta-kill anyone who he can grab with his hands.

4. He has chucked several boulders at once at Wyyrlok in their final battle, and has overwhelmed Cade Skywalker with TK attacks in their final battle as well. Krayt also has "disciplined" Darth Nihl with TK.

5. Krayt has shown the ability to resist powerful Force Illusions that were created by Wyyrlok's Sith Sorcery, and he was able to use this ability himself--Uttterly overwhelming a Skywalker with his Force Illusions of his greatest fears.

6. Krayt can use Dark Transfer, just like Cade can, to heal both himself and others from the brink of death almost instantly. He's supposed to be as good with this ability as Cade is according to the latter himself, and the latter has healed his own wounds almost instantly in a combat scenario before--Leading me to believe Krayt can too.

7. Krayt has also claimed to have learned Essence Transfer from Darth Andeddu's holocron, but ultimately his will was not enough to overcome Cade's own, and thus he failed to take the latter's body.

8. Krayt, after his rebirth, made all who had ever touched the Dark Side across the entire galaxy feel his very presence, letting all know that he was alive. He did this on a Nexus, but still.

SIDIOUS 66
Darth Krayt and Wyyrlok seemed to be fighting as near equals until Wyyrlok put Krayt in a trance-like state. Also, when did Krayt show that he can instantly heal himself? He didn't immediately get back up after being stabbed by Cade. Unless you mean he can keep himself alive; but I've seen a lot of people suggest that he can instantly get back up with his dark transfer ability, which isn't true.

ares834
Yep. Gotta remember it took a long time (weeks, months!) to recover from Wyyrlok's attack.

The_Tempest
Wyyrlok should have continued being the Big Bad.

ares834
Agreed. The guy was far more interesting. Plus he was never a tusken raider.

Nephthys
Swtor has swelled my hatred for the Tuskans to mammoth proportions. F*ck those guys.

The_Tempest
Y?

Nephthys
Theres no ****ing many of them and they pop out of the sand in random places to **** with you, all the while screeching. And thats ALL you fight on Tatooine. Hundreds of ****ing Tuskans all the time.

Also Tatooine is basically the worst planet.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Darth Krayt and Wyyrlok seemed to be fighting as near equals until Wyyrlok put Krayt in a trance-like state. Also, when did Krayt show that he can instantly heal himself? He didn't immediately get back up after being stabbed by Cade. Unless you mean he can keep himself alive; but I've seen a lot of people suggest that he can instantly get back up with his dark transfer ability, which isn't true.

I'd argue he could for more minor attacks, such as a mediocre gash in the arm or back that would ussually hamper the fighter for the rest of said fight, I believe he could just about instantly heal such an attack and fight normally via Dark Transfer.

I wouldn't say it was like "near equals", I mean, Krayt was dominating in the competition of lightsaber skill--While they were something of equal with Force Powers.

But you're right, I suppose. Wyyrlok did do better against Krayt than Cade did.

Master Han
Originally posted by NewGuy01
1. In lightsaber combat, he obviously outmatched both Cade Skywalker and Darth Wyyrlok III--Both of whom were 2 of the best duelists of the era, along with Draco and Roan Fel. Krayt was the best duelist of the era by a distinguished amount.

Impressive, but difficult to quantify. What have Cade and Wyyrlok done?

I intended for him to have it here, although Luke has cut through Vong armor, so Krayt may simply be lured into a false sense of security.

Honestly, this isn't very high tier.

Has he used this on a powerful Force user?

This is impressive, albeit not necessarily effective against Skywalker. It seems Krayt has quite the range of Force abilities - but it's difficult to pinpoint his raw power.

I guess I'd put him above Dooku in overall Force ability.

NewGuy01
Impressive, but difficult to quantify. What have Cade and Wyyrlok done?

I intended for him to have it here, although Luke has cut through Vong armor, so Krayt may simply be lured into a false sense of security.

Honestly, this isn't very high tier.

Has he used this on a powerful Force user?

This is impressive, albeit not necessarily effective against Skywalker. It seems Krayt has quite the range of Force abilities - but it's difficult to pinpoint his raw power.

I guess I'd put him above Dooku in overall Force ability.

1. Cade has stalemated Draco, who in turn defeated Roan Fel in lightsaber combat--Roan Fel was Emperor of the Galaxy before Krayt. He's also handled Darth Talon and defeated Darth Stryfe without too much trouble. Wyyrlok's performance against Krayt is all he has, really. He did about as good as Cade.

2. True, but it would help. No ordinary strike from Luke is going to break it, so when fending off 3 Dark Lords it would be especially helpful.

3. It's decent tier. I mean, shattering stone is pretty impressive, and insta-killing Tuk'ata is pretty good too. Honestly Dooku hasn't done much better himself, and he's often regarded as a master of FL. Give or take, Krayt's pretty good with FL, but not the best surely.

4. Yes, he used it to kill Cade, then brought him back from death using the same technique.

5. Yeah, I suppose, though I rank him quite highly. He's got a range of powers and he's good at all of them. His Force Illusions may play here, if he catches Luke off guard.

6. I would agree to the sentiment.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: Krayt at one point killed 4 Imperial Knights, which were counter parts of Jedi and Sith, in 2 panels. 3 in one, the last in the next. These Knights were the personal guard of Emperor Roan Fel. This is a pretty damn good speedfeat.

Master Han
^do you think the trio would win?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i cant see it happening, luke could quite possibly blitz one or 2 of em

NewGuy01
He didn't blitz Lumiya, and none of these 3 are inherently weaker than her except Bane. I don't see much blitzing happening.

I don't know enough about Luke's showings to really say yet, but I will soon so ill get back to this.

Nephthys
I'm not sure Lukes ever blitzed someone.

Master Han
He blitzed your face. You didn't see it coming (hahaha).

I'm tired.

But, seriously, he's demonstrated an ability to quickly dispatch enemies by moving vastly faster than them...doesn't this constitute "blitzing".

Q99
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

Dark Transfer has cured people from deadly wounds quickly before, and his is stronger than Cade's (or at least stronger than Cade's darkside version).

How long depends on the level of injury and stuff. He killed and revived Cade in the final fight, and that didn't take long. Bigger wounds are slower.

And, if one goes for a mutual-strike, it doesn't matter how long, after all- like if there's an opportunity to go for a fatal shot in return for one, he'll come back, they won't. It's nice in that he only has to aim for a draw to get a win.

^did he really "hold his own" against Kenobi?

He's apparently the most powerful Force user (or was it duelist?) of his era, an era that supposedly includes Kol Skywalker. So...

With saber they were pretty equal, even getting a hilt-strike to the face in, before Kenobi used the force to open his guard. Back when he was young, he was all saber, little force. In the next few decades he became much more studied and skilled in the force powers end of things, to the point where, as you've read, force abilities is probably his strongest area.

And he's definitely the strongest of his time.

Cade's been in fights with, like, two-thirds of the most active master duelists in the era (a couple Jedi, a couple Imperial Knights, almost all of the major Sith of the time...), plus Celeste Morne a badass from the KotoR era. He can also raise the dead and throw small starships (like, Falcon-sized I think) with TK.

Wyyrlock killed Andeddu in a force sorcery contest. Andeddu is an ancient sith famous for force sorcery (to the point where the other sith lords of the time had to gang up to take him down, and Dooku spoke of his skill millennia later) and he had a staff with a force-crystal at the time.

Sure, but enemies weaker than any of this trio have managed to engage him in actual exchanges of blows too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.