Satele Shan vs Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
They fight where the imperial strike team fought Revan.

ares834
Already done,

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t576457.html

The funny thing is it was done by you.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
satele didnt even actually beat malgus, malcolm saved her, which gave her the time to use the force blast, and that was done arguably not of her own power, but because of the tutaminis done beforehand

NewGuy01
Originally posted by ares834
Already done,

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t576457.html

The funny thing is it was done by you.

Eh! Forgot about that. Lets use this one, though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
satele didnt even actually beat malgus, malcolm saved her, which gave her the time to use the force blast, and that was done arguably not of her own power, but because of the tutaminis done beforehand

True, but this was a ways before her prime. At one point, she stalemated Darth Baras in a duel, who was the rival of the Sith Warrior as a combatant. This along with her performance against Malgus before her prime shows her to be an impressive duelist.

Force Wise, the sheer fact that she CAN block light sabers and use their energy to create massive Force Waves capable of shattering rock shows immense skill with Tutaminis. Before her prime.

At one point, she used TK to literally break a blast door to pieces. Unlike others, who have smashed through them, she broke it into pieces. That's pretty good.

Apparently she has a rare gift for both Battle Meditation and Shatterpoint. This just adds to the monstrosity that is Satele Shan, not to mention that she becomes Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, which exemplifies her assumed wisdom, which while not directly giving her an advantage in combat, she would have strong insight of situations, which could be indirectly useful. (run on sentence ftw lol)

Satele is proficient with both a single blade and a dual bladed one, and switches between these two weapons throughout these years. This along with the fact that she was trained by the battle master of the Jedi Order(Aka a master of all forms) suggests she's a master of several forms of light saber combat, and while this is only a theory it's a supported one.

Satele is a beast, and don't try to pin her anywhere but the top. Revan is a good match for her and I'm personally stumped on who would win this.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i don't think i have her in my top 10 jedi, personally.

NewGuy01
i don't think i have her in my top 10 jedi, personally.

You should, tbh. Baras is a practically unmatched duelist within the Empire until the Emperor's Wrath comes along. Stalemating him, and performing well against Malgus before her prime indicate a high level of saber prowess. This is also backed up by the fact that she was trained by the Temple's Blademaster, and is shown wielding multiple weapon types.

With the Force she can catch light sabers barehanded and absorb their energies, transforming them into extremely powerful TK feats. Even without, she has busted through Blast Doors, easily (May I remind you that said doors were made to contain blasts?) and she is a confirmed user of Shatterpoint as well as a rumored user if Battle Meditation.

She also becomes Grandmaster in one of the strongest Jedi Eras, and she needs some props for that. I can't think of more than 5 Jedi that could be considered inherently stronger than her, much less 10. Could you list some examples of much stronger Jedi, excluding Yoda and Luke?

Nephthys
Baras is frequently mentioned as being 'invincible' and 'untouchable' in the Warrior campaign and he was empowered by Sel-Makor, a being or equal or greater power than Vitiate.

NewGuy01
Precisely. So who do you think wins, Neph?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
where is it stated that baras is a "practically unmatched duelist"?

my personal list is as follows:

Luke Skywalker
Master Yoda
Hero of Tython
Kyp Durron
Mace Windu
Kyle Katarn/Prime Revan
Kyle Katarn/Prime Revan
Anakin Skywalker/Barsen'thor
Barsen'thor/anakin Skywalker
Nomi sunrider
Cade Skywalker
Satele shan

edit: Tala-reh kills sel makor b4 you fight baras in the warrior story.

Nephthys
I doubt that would affect the amp. Sel-Makor says he gave him power, not that he's lending it to him. Sel-Makor can't affect anything outside the nightmare lands anyway save through proxies.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Precisely. So who do you think wins, Neph?

Like you I'm stumped. Revan did very well against Vitiate and has that great feat from his TOR fight when he starts pulling down meteors on the strike Team, which only goes to show how good Satele is. I think Revan might be more powerful though?

NewGuy01
What has Kyle Katarn done to put him as Revan's equal?

I can respect Hero/Barsen>Satele, but I might just argue against it.

Cade did no better against Krayt than Wyyrlok did. I don't see how he's above Satele.

Ill need more feats for Nomi. I'm skeptical about overnight prodigies. So she cut Ulic from the Force and led a big army. What else?

Also--Anakin turned evil. How does he count any more than a Jedi Dooku or Jacen Solo would in a top 10 Jedi List?

stick out tongue

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nomi has perhaps the fastest learning rate of pretty much everyone. The second time she uses a lightsaber she is apparently using it like a master.

She also has by far the most advanced form of Battle Meditation, to the point where it resembles mind control more than mere influence. At one point she gestures at some soldiers and they start fighting each other immediately. At another she forces two Hssiss to fight. Both times the enemies were going after her before she dominated their minds.

She was able to invade the mind of Aleema Keto while she was conjuring an illusionary army, illusionary fleets and illusionary space grazers and force her to stop despite Keto being amped and, well, the scale of that feat speaks for itself. I'm pretty sure Aleema's illusions were powerful enough to actually affect and kill enemies, so the whole feat is pretty bonkers imo.

Lastly Nomi can block blaster bolts with her hand, possesses the Sever Force technique and the Wall of Light technique and was proficient enough with the latter to lead the attack on Exar Kun, out of thousands of Jedi including her own Master, Thon

- Nephthys

Didn't I already explain the seven Dark Jedi were powerful? They are not the "average" Dark Jedi, or Reborns. They are the Seven Dark Jedi. Jerec was trained by Lord Vader, Jocasta Nu, and Sidious himself. He was also capable of cutting people off from the Force ("Jerec has the uncanny power to absorb and overshadow one’s connection to The Force"wink, was a fully trained Jedi, he had a boost from the Valley of the Jedi when he fought Kyle, and Qu Rahn had said this:

"If Jerec captures this power, he will be a creature such as the universe has never seen. A supernova of stars in a fleeting thought. The eradication of life from a star system in a whisper will be within his power."

And Jerec did get a boost from the Valley of the Jedi when fighting Kyle, yet Kyle still defeated him even with no real training. And, Jerec was also viewed as one of the galaxy's biggest threats.

He also defeated six other fully trained Jedi. Boc, who used dual lightsabers, and used an unorthodox style. Pic and Gorc, who were described as: "Pic is the energy and Gorc, the counter. They are the clashing balance of opposites: one, the voice; the other, the body. This combination is deadly."

Sariss, who was also a master in lightsaber combat, "Out of all the Dark Jedi I have met, Sariss is the one I can say I fear. Powerful, strong in both the physical and mental arenas of the Force, she is a master, a perfectionist, quiet and reserved. This makes her a very dangerous foe."

Yun, who was young and somewhat inexperienced, but nonetheless powerful, "These elements make him a dangerous and unpredictable foe." Then you have Maw, who's only half a body anyways, lol, but is still described as a "strong and formidable foe".

So, it would seem that the seven Dark Jedi Kyle faced weren't average, and were all described as being powerful. We know Jerec is the most powerful out of all of them, and still Kyle beat him.

he did this with little training.

- Advent

plus katarn has a big edge with a saber over revan, while revan has a big edge in the force

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
I doubt that would affect the amp. Sel-Makor says he gave him power, not that he's lending it to him. Sel-Makor can't affect anything outside the nightmare lands anyway save through proxies.

Like you I'm stumped. Revan did very well against Vitiate and has that great feat from his TOR fight when he starts pulling down meteors on the strike Team, which only goes to show how good Satele is. I think Revan might be more powerful though?

I'm kinda with you here. I wish Revan had more saberfeats to go on rather than assumptions based on a few showings.

NewGuy01
Nomi has perhaps the fastest learning rate of pretty much everyone. The second time she uses a lightsaber she is apparently using it like a master.

She also has by far the most advanced form of Battle Meditation, to the point where it resembles mind control more than mere influence. At one point she gestures at some soldiers and they start fighting each other immediately. At another she forces two Hssiss to fight. Both times the enemies were going after her before she dominated their minds.

She was able to invade the mind of Aleema Keto while she was conjuring an illusionary army, illusionary fleets and illusionary space grazers and force her to stop despite Keto being amped and, well, the scale of that feat speaks for itself. I'm pretty sure Aleema's illusions were powerful enough to actually affect and kill enemies, so the whole feat is pretty bonkers imo.

Lastly Nomi can block blaster bolts with her hand, possesses the Sever Force technique and the Wall of Light technique and was proficient enough with the latter to lead the attack on Exar Kun, out of thousands of Jedi including her own Master, Thon

- Nephthys

Didn't I already explain the seven Dark Jedi were powerful? They are not the "average" Dark Jedi, or Reborns. They are the Seven Dark Jedi. Jerec was trained by Lord Vader, Jocasta Nu, and Sidious himself. He was also capable of cutting people off from the Force ("Jerec has the uncanny power to absorb and overshadow one’s connection to The Force"wink, was a fully trained Jedi, he had a boost from the Valley of the Jedi when he fought Kyle, and Qu Rahn had said this:

"If Jerec captures this power, he will be a creature such as the universe has never seen. A supernova of stars in a fleeting thought. The eradication of life from a star system in a whisper will be within his power."

And Jerec did get a boost from the Valley of the Jedi when fighting Kyle, yet Kyle still defeated him even with no real training. And, Jerec was also viewed as one of the galaxy's biggest threats.

He also defeated six other fully trained Jedi. Boc, who used dual lightsabers, and used an unorthodox style. Pic and Gorc, who were described as: "Pic is the energy and Gorc, the counter. They are the clashing balance of opposites: one, the voice; the other, the body. This combination is deadly."

Sariss, who was also a master in lightsaber combat, "Out of all the Dark Jedi I have met, Sariss is the one I can say I fear. Powerful, strong in both the physical and mental arenas of the Force, she is a master, a perfectionist, quiet and reserved. This makes her a very dangerous foe."

Yun, who was young and somewhat inexperienced, but nonetheless powerful, "These elements make him a dangerous and unpredictable foe." Then you have Maw, who's only half a body anyways, lol, but is still described as a "strong and formidable foe".

So, it would seem that the seven Dark Jedi Kyle faced weren't average, and were all described as being powerful. We know Jerec is the most powerful out of all of them, and still Kyle beat him.

he did this with little training.

- Advent

plus katarn has a big edge with a saber over revan, while revan has a big edge in the force

Nomi sounds quite beastly. As for Kyle, Jerec and his minions are no doubt very good, as is Katarn, but they have nothing to suggest that they're as good as Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
that would be true, if katarn was a master. but this is katarn with little to no training

Based
Satele wins.

NewGuy01
Yet we don't know how large his scale of improvement was from then to his master hood. He very well may have stayed at the same tier as Desaan and Jerec. This assumption hardly makes him as good as Revan, though Ill admit Katarn is rather beastly.

Nephthys
Nomi sounds quite beastly. As for Kyle, Jerec and his minions are no doubt very good, as is Katarn, but they have nothing to suggest that they're as good as Revan.

Agreed. Its like Jaden Korr defeating Marka Ragnos, 'the most powerful of the most powerful.' Obviously very good by, like, eh?? Tough to really quantify. I think I'd need to play the game myself.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im still sticking with: revan has advantage in force, katarn has advantage in sabers

NewGuy01
I'd also argue that Tavion's body is quite limiting for a powerful Sith Lord like Ragnos.

Nephthys
Except he still has the staff, filled with the energy of entire Force nexus' and planets.

NewGuy01
Still, this is the guy who beat up Tarentateks with his bare hands. His goal was to revive his original body for a reason. If he could just possess Tavion and have most of his power, then he'd settle for that. It's obvious he was not satisfied.

"You will not stop my ascension!"

ares834
I think Revan should take this.

While he doesn't have the saber feats to say he could compete with Satele in a duel. Revan has better force feats and far more hype.

Nephthys
Still, this is the guy who beat up Tarentateks with his bare hands. His goal was to revive his original body for a reason. If he could just possess Tavion and have most of his power, then he'd settle for that. It's obvious he was not satisfied.

"You will not stop my ascension!"

True.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.