Darth Thanaton runs the PT gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im sick of arguing other sith vs vitiate, so lez do a thanaton gauntlet. how far does he go, with full rests in between? setting is in the dark council chamber

1. Aotc obi wan
2. Kit Fisto
3. TPM Maul
4. ROTS Obi Wan
5. Count Dooku
6. ROTS anakin
7. master yoda

Master Han
Thanaton is an overrated pussy. He stops at anywhere from 2 to 4.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im not sure about that. thanaton could kill a lenico gargantuan with his lightning, and was able to defeat exal kressh before his prime(admittedly in no small part due to his cunning.)

Master Han
Yeah, but his getting his ass kicked by Darth Nox is quite damning.

Nephthys
Nox was enhanced by the power of 4/5 Sith Lords at the time as well as being prodigously powerful in his own right. Its more that Nox is a beast than Thanaton sucked.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i'd say darth nox is very powerful, considering he/she had 5 sith spirits bound to him/her. i can see thanaton getting decently far in this gauntlet. plus the beast that he kills hith his lightning is huge, and he does it before his prime.

Nephthys
I'd say he at least makes it to Kenobi.

Master Han
AotC Kenobi can deflect Dooku's lightning without any difficulty. I'd imagine RotS Kenobi can resist Thanaton's long enough to dice him to bits.

And he doesn't last 20 seconds against Dooku.

Nephthys
Dookus lightning is shit though. You think Kenobi could deflect this:

5m-9jDpLEDo

7.00. Its cracking the ground with its power. Kenobi ain't taking that.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
almost looks like it creates a maelstrom of pure energy, or is that kallig?

Master Han
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dookus lightning is shit though.

wink A drugged Dooku disarmed three nightsisters with one hand.

LOL, it takes him several seconds to charge it up.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
i have an honest question: has dooku ever killed someone with lightning? im not trying to argue that thanaton is superior, but i dont recall dooku ever killing anyone with it, just incapacitating and what not.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Master Han
wink A drugged Dooku disarmed three nightsisters with one hand.

LOL, it takes him several seconds to charge it up.

Oh my, 3 whole nightsisters! Still crappy. erm

If Thanaton needs time to charge it, he can fly to the top of one of the statues:

SqezHQgBJQ8

Also observe Nox and Thanaton's first duel:

HzCBf8RZ4pI

15.30. Note that at this time Nox was already a powerful Sith able to beat Khem Val, kill Terentateks, kill Sith Lords with her Force power drained from her and shatter stone with lightning and was amped by the power of 2 Sith Lords already. And Thanaton kills her in 5 seconds.

As an aside, man, Thanaton really sounds like a whiny b*tch in these cutscenes.

NewGuy01
Thanaton is among the best Dark Councillors, and while many disbelieve it, I don't think he's weaker than Ravage or Mortis.

NewGuy01
Sorry for double post--But I say though 3 and 4 should logically beat him, I'm not sure they can properly defend against his powers. He loses at 5, if this is the case. Though normally I wouldn't rate him Maul's superior.

Nephthys
Maul certainly is a really good combatant who does have a good chance. However, like you I just don't think he'd be able to withstand Thanatons powers. And now that I think about it Kenobi may not be able to either.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
TCW Maul would beat thanaton i think, because he too has extremely potent TK, while retaining expert saber skills

also, wasnt thanaton a capable lightsaber duelist?

Nephthys
The guy had a tablet of Tulak Hords lightsaber techniques, so he was likely no slouch.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
TCW Maul would beat thanaton i think, because he too has extremely potent TK, while retaining expert saber skills

also, wasnt thanaton a capable lightsaber duelist?

But did you watch Neph's video? Thanaton used a ritualistic power to completely dominate Nox, who by this point is more powerful with the Force than the likes of Kenobi.

ares834
Stops at 4. Maybe even 3.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
new guy, by that logic, thanaton >>>> kenobi, which is simply put, not true.

Nephthys
Why not?

The_Tempest
Because SWTOR sucks, bro.

ares834
thumb up

Nephthys
Thanaton can use force lightning to fly like Sith Iron Man.

Your point is invalid.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
first of all: on what basis are you claiming nox > kenobi at that time?

more importantly: it wouldn't stop there. sorry, but darth tyrannus > darth thanaton imo, overall. i might be able to admit thanaton > ROTS kenobi, but he does not completely dominate over kenobi. kenobi's saber skills outstrip thanaton's, but thanaton probably has better force feats.

The_Tempest
I'm glad you mentioned that because (and this is NOT a problem confined solely to SWTOR) the way the EU often portrays the Force is downright sucky.

We've got Darth Stark there, Karpyshyn's dark side tentacles, Denning's dripping Force essence, etc.

Good God, when did it become so damn cartoony?

NewGuy01

more importantly: it wouldn't stop there. sorry, but darth tyrannus > darth thanaton imo, overall. i might be able to admit thanaton > ROTS kenobi, but he does not completely dominate over kenobi. kenobi's saber skills outstrip thanaton's, but thanaton probably has better force feats.

Who is arguing Thanaton>Dooku? And honestly, I would NOT consider Thanaton the superior of Kenobi, but for the purpose if this battle I'm not sure how Kenobi would defend against Thanaton's Sith Sorcery.

Nephthys
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4614800/mother-talzin-vs-droids-o.gif

:v

The stuff I mentioned?

I'm not really seeing how Thanaton doesn't own Kenobi like he did Nox. How would Kenobi block Thanatons ritual attack?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
hmm, i suppose i can agree, but without that little ritual, i'd say that they're about even.

The_Tempest
Talzin's magicks are native to Dathomir and don't really bother me.

Nephthys
The fact is that Star Wars is science fantasy so goofy magic powers aren't out of place. It is cartoony but so what.

The_Tempest
The fact is that Star Wars is science fantasy so goofy magic powers aren't out of place. It is cartoony but so what.

And if it were a random witch on a random planet wielding said random planet's eldritch powers, I'd be cool with that.

The Force is supposed to be a bit more subdued. Force Lightning is about as blatant as it gets in the films.

Nephthys
Also I guess I should add Thanatons other appearance:

UsRf-cgL9Uo

Displays a neat lightning bubble ability here that would hinder most of the list from engaging him and survives all the power in Nox's body exploding wildly. Pretty neat.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

i'd honestly agree with this, considering we have manipulate black holes luke, force storm by getting angry palpatine, and i drain planets but dont amount to such power in combat situations nihilus, and the same with vitiate most likely.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
And if it were a random witch on a random planet wielding said random planet's eldritch powers, I'd be cool with that.

The Force is supposed to be a bit more subdued. Force Lightning is about as blatant as it gets in the films.

Subtlety is overrated. I love all the crazy lightning storms, rituals and wacky shit. Subdued is fine, but I like the OP Force powers a lot more. Just so much cooler.

In TOR theres nothing quite like popping a Force Storm and watching entire areas be decimated by your raw power. Its awesome.

ares834
i'd honestly agree with this, considering we have manipulate black holes luke, force storm by getting angry palpatine, and i drain planets but dont amount to such power in combat situations nihilus, and the same with vitiate most likely.

And that shit is stupid.

Displays a neat lightning bubble ability here that would hinder most of the list from engaging him and survives all the power in Nox's body exploding wildly. Pretty neat.

Doesn't seem all that usable in combat.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
see, i don't understand that. the force is infinite, why should it be subdued?

The_Tempest
Subtlety is overrated. I love all the crazy lightning storms, rituals and wacky shit. Subdued is fine, but I like the OP Force powers a lot more. Just so much cooler.

In TOR theres nothing quite like popping a Force Storm and watching entire areas be decimated by your raw power. Its awesome.

There is no hope for you, my son.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
but i'll admit, i liked it back when it was like "HOLY KRAP LIGHTNING!" although there is no reason as to why they cant use those rituals and what not, since the force is infinite.

ares834
see, i don't understand that. the force is infinite, why should it be subdued?

Because that is how the force is presented in the movies. Plus, while one could say the force is infinite, humans (and aliens) aren't. There is only so much they can do with it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ares834
Because that is how the force is presented in the movies. Plus, while one could say the force is infinite, humans (and aliens) aren't. There is only so much they can do with it.

exactly, the more powerful the being is, the more power they can draw on from the force, allowing them to create and use/abuse more arcane/esoteric abilities. the book kinda explains that some of the things happening in the movies were actually somewhat crazy (sidious blitz, mace super vaapad, palpatine super lightning, etc.)

NewGuy01
Also I guess I should add Thanatons other appearance:

UsRf-cgL9Uo

I'd call his little Lightning bubble a gameplay mechanic and nothing more.

ares834
It's in the cutscene though. But like I said, it's fairly useless in a battle as he hasn't shown the ability to attack or even move while using it.

Nephthys
No, he performs it in a cutscene.

Master Han
Oh my, 3 whole nightsisters! Still crappy. erm

Trololol, no. Disarming three nightsisters while drugged is massively more impressive than...

wait, you haven't actually provided any feats in Thanaton's favor aside from "his lightning looks so stylish!"

Uh, yeah, no. Obi Wan can jump pretty darn high.

Thanaton's lightning may be more powerful than Dooku's just to throw you a bone and reasonably from his unique talents, proportionately speaking, in that field; however, as Kenobi has easily deflected Dooku's lightning before, there's no evidence to suggest that Thanaton could overwhelm his defenses before Kenobi chops his head off.

Nephthys
Trololol, no. Disarming three nightsisters while drugged is massively more impressive than...

wait, you haven't actually provided any feats in Thanaton's favor aside from "his lightning looks so stylish!"

No it isn't, as nightsisters possess no protection against lightning. Theres no mention of them possessing a tutaminis equivalent in their arsenal so it absolutely is not impressive in that manner.

Thanaton killed a lenico gargantuan with his lightning. As in, he actually killed something with it. Making his far superior to the piss Dooku shoots from his fingertips.

Thanaton's lightning may be more powerful than Dooku's just to throw you a bone and reasonably from his unique talents, proportionately speaking, in that field; however, as Kenobi has easily deflected Dooku's lightning before, there's no evidence to suggest that Thanaton could overwhelm his defenses before Kenobi chops his head off.

Irrelevant since theres only enough room on the statues for one person, so Obi-Wans either jumping right at him into a lightning storm or going home.

Yeah but Thanatons lightning is far more powerful than Dooku's since Dooku's lightning sucks balls. Dude couldn't even kill Savage with it when Savage possessed no ability to block it at all.

Thanaton ritual-rapes.

ares834

thumb up

Master Han
No it isn't, as nightsisters possess no protection against lightning.

Why would they possess no defense against their signature technique?

Obi Wan's defenses >>>> giant beast's.

Or through his stomach.

Please, demonstrate that he wanted to quickly kill Savage, and why he didn't just run him through with his lightsaber, or crush his windpipe.

Nephthys

Funny how their 'signature technique' is not mentioned in the Book of Sith under their ability list. The only lightning-based techniques mentioned are the Aspect of the Storm which can call lightning from the sky by manipulating the weather and Talzins technique with the bubble. The latter is the only defensive ability mentioned at all.

Obi Wan's defenses >>>> giant beast's.

Yeah but he did this when he was an apprentice, not as the Dark Council Member we see in the game.

Or through his stomach.

Sure thing.

Please, demonstrate that he wanted to quickly kill Savage, and why he didn't just run him through with his lightsaber, or crush his windpipe.

He obviously no longer wanted him as an apprentice seeing his fearful thoughts on Savage afterwards and that he fled rather than try to keep him under his power. Savage had just choked him and Ventress out, there was no reason for him to continue holding back on him.

Theres no indication he could have done those other two things.

Master Han
Funny how their 'signature technique' is not mentioned in the Book of Sith under their ability list. The only lightning-based techniques mentioned are the Aspect of the Storm which can call lightning from the sky by manipulating the weather and Talzins technique with the bubble. The latter is the only defensive ability mentioned at all.

laughing Nightsisters use Force lightning on multiple occasions.

Good for him. But killing a beast with lightning is not only quite redundant when you have a lightsaber, but also fails to impress me.

Yeah. Thanaton's "rituals" require...prep time. Obi Wan's lightsaber does not.

Please post the video.

Nephthys
laughing Nightsisters use Force lightning on multiple occasions.

As far as I know only one does, the Nightsister Maul fights. An anomaly perhaps.

Good for him. But killing a beast with lightning is not only quite redundant when you have a lightsaber, but also fails to impress me.

Lol, what a load of wank. Its impressive in terms of the level of power Thanaton's lightning possesses, particularly in comparison to Dooku's.

Yeah. Thanaton's "rituals" require...prep time. Obi Wan's lightsaber does not.

No they don't. You obviously haven't read through the thread. Go back to page 1, watch the Act 2 video and try again.

Please post the video.

ABLCnso1_Ts

Master Han
Still think Dooku's lightning is weak, Neph?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ethjpmoGk

Nephthys
If they weren't he would have killed them instead of throwing them out of the window.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
im sorry, but the idea that dooku's lightning is weak is just crazy. he beats master sora bulq (i think now he was a dark jedi) with one blast. he beats AoTc anakin with one blast. he easily disarms the nightsisters with it. it might not be thanaton level, but it's definitely not as weak as you portray it.

ares834
Just checked Thanaton kills that monster by stabbing it in the head with his lightsaber. It's not only with his lightning.

So much for Thanaton's lightning being more formidable than Dooku's.

Master Han
If they weren't he would have killed them instead of throwing them out of the window.

no expression

What?

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Thanaton is among the best Dark Councillors, and while many disbelieve it, I don't think he's weaker than Ravage or Mortis.

Lord Marr certainly thinks highly of him.
"He was a better Sith, than you give him credit for, Ravage."
"I never thought I'd live to see the end of Thanaton, strange that I would come to his successor for help"

S_W_LeGenD
Thanaton is acknowledged as a "supremely powerful" Sith in canon.

As far as the lightning argument is concerned, Thanaton destroyed a "large metallic structure" with a normal burst of his lightning during his clash with Exal Kressh. The lightning burst he unleashed on Nox was on a whole new level in comparison to norm. Nox endured such powers with his extraordinary supernatural abilities (I have heard that Nox's body is almost invincible or something).

However, Thanaton's victory over Exal Kressh proves that he is not be underestimated in both power and tactical aspects.

Thanaton should be able to reach Yoda in this gauntlet. In-fact, Thanaton might hold his own against Yoda in a contest of Force powers. Yoda's chances are only with his lightsaber.

NewGuy01
So you're saying the guy that Nox force-stomp'd is going to match or overpower Yoda with the Force? :/

I don't think so, kid.

Master Han
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Thanaton is acknowledged as a "supremely powerful" Sith in canon.

And Anoon Bondara's saber skills are "second to none".

RotS Obi Wan can casually rip bolted machinery.

Powerscaling is tough without knowing what scale you're using.

FopyRHHlt3M

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
no legend, your continuing bias fades in the face of yoda's force feats. such ignorance...

Nephthys

Thanaton can fly.

See how I posted a completely irrelevant feat that has nothing to do with TK just like you posed a completely irrelevant feat that has nothing to do with FLightning?

Thats you. sneer

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
he's comparing their force skills in general neph

Master Han
Thanaton can fly.

See how I posted a completely irrelevant feat that has nothing to do with TK just like you posed a completely irrelevant feat that has nothing to do with FLightning?

Thats you. sneer

Your analytical skills seem to fail you beyond embedding youtube links, since my (obvious) point was (obviously) that, as anyone who can read could (obviously) see, SWL thought using lightning to destroy a "metallic structure" was (obviously) impressive, yet I pointed out that (obviously) Kenobi can replicate such a feat using mere telekinesis, and so (obviously) won't be intimidated.

Obviously.

Now, bend over.

Nephthys
Your analytical skills seem to fail you beyond embedding youtube links, since my (obvious) point was (obviously) that, as anyone who can read could (obviously) see, SWL thought using lightning to destroy a "metallic structure" was (obviously) impressive, yet I pointed out that (obviously) Kenobi can replicate such a feat using mere telekinesis, and so (obviously) won't be intimidated.

Obviously.

Now, bend over.

facepalm

I know your point was obvious, it was just completely irrelevant and idiotic like I said.

TK and lightning are completely different techniques with completely different scales of intensity. Destroying a "large metallic structure" with lightning IS mother****ing impressive because of the level of power needed to do that with just lightning. Destroying metal with lightning. Do have any idea the level of intensity needed to do that? Its a much more impressive feat than I thought Thanaton capable of.

In contrast Kenobi ripping that hanging thing is hardly impressive at all in terms of TK.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So you're saying the guy that Nox force-stomp'd is going to match or overpower Yoda with the Force? :/

I don't think so, kid.
I don't think that it is fair to use Nox for comparative purposes because of his supernatural abilities. Yoda is not supernatural like him.

Thanaton's victory over Exal Kressh should leave no doubt his immense power and skill.

Originally posted by Master Han And Anoon Bondara's saber skills are "second to none".
Not that Thanaton is lacking in dueling aspects, you must understand the difference between "power" and "dueling skills."

Not that Thanaton is lacking in telekinetic aspects, he destroyed a metallic structure (big enough to fit human(s) inside it) with a normal burst of his lightning. Also, Thanaton was capable of augmenting his lightning to extreme levels.

I doubt that Kenobi can control a lightning burst that can engulf a gigantic target which dwarfs a human being in size.

Powerscaling is tough without knowing what scale you're using.
Exal Kressh was very powerful in her own right;

1. She casually shrugged off thousands of glass pieces hurled towards her by Thanaton;
2. She bombarded Thanaton's position with large objects (including large droids who happened to be in the vicinity) with her telekinetic abilities;
3. She even destroyed Thanaton's lightsaber with a normal burst of her lightning (Rendered lightsaber based defense utterly useless);
4. She also had no trouble redirecting lightning unleashed on her back at its source;
5. She packed sufficient telekinetic skill to shatter (gigantic) structures and columns without noticeable effort;
6. She was also an extremely skilled duelist, capable of pwning multiple experienced duelists simultaneously.

In the nutshell, Exal Kressh was impressive by all accounts; easily more impressive then Dooku. Keep in mind that her peak capabilities are not known at the moment.

FopyRHHlt3M
For all his power, Yoda still have his share of shortcomings and limitations. The sooner you realize this, the better.

Master Han
Not that Thanaton is lacking in dueling aspects, you must understand the difference between "power" and "dueling skills."

You know, SWL, you have such an odd and irritating writing manner, where you try to lecture your opponents to "understand" certain phenomena that you, in your deluded self pretentiousness, think yourself superior in understanding with.

The funny part is that you make a complete, and utter fool out of yourself, more often than not.

Go back and re-read my response, and see if you can grasp the meaning behind my cryptic rebuttal.

"extreme" levels? What is it with you and useless descriptors?

That takes him several seconds to charge.

...ooohhh?

...ooohhh?

laughing I love how you forget that you're trying to argue for Thanaton here.

...ooohhh?

Stony? Obi Wan can shatter durasteel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And now you will tell us that this puts her on Obi Wan's level. laughing

"impressive in many ways"?

Is English your first language?

That is a serious question.

Since you evidently fail to actually elaborate on these "shortcomings" and "limitations", I'm going to take your smug tone as Shakespearean levels of dramatic irony.

Nephthys
Dude, remember than Thanatons duel with Exal Kressh was a whole forty years before TOR.

Also no, it isn't his first language.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

I think that Master Han is beyond reasoning level; he lacks in both maturity and intellectual aspects.

If I am stating that a character (A) have shattered a gigantic statue with telekinetic abilities, OP will respond with a vague statement such a character (B) could damage durasteel. Sheer level of idiocy of this guy is baffling.

Master Han
^^^

I think that Master Han is beyond reasoning level; he lacks in both maturity and intellectual aspects.

If I am stating that a character (A) have shattered a gigantic statue with telekinetic abilities, OP will respond with a vague statement such a character (B) could damage durasteel. Sheer level of idiocy of this guy is baffling.

No, it's just something called "reading between the lines" that you never learned in grade school.

You see, when I respond to your claim about whoever's having "supreme" Force powers with Anoon Bondara's "second to none" accolade, it has nothing to do with my failing to distinguish Force power and dueling skills, contrary to your laughably smug attitude. I'll give you one more chance to figure it out, or you're going on ignore.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Master Han You know, SWL, you have such an odd and irritating writing manner, where you try to lecture your opponents to "understand" certain phenomena that you, in your deluded self pretentiousness, think yourself superior in understanding with.

The funny part is that you make a complete, and utter fool out of yourself, more often than not.

Go back and re-read my response, and see if you can grasp the meaning behind my cryptic rebuttal.
You buffoon, it is not my problem if you suck at understanding information.

"extreme" levels? What is it with you and useless descriptors?
You buffoon;

Thanaton's normal burst of lightning was potent enough to disintegrate/destroy metallic structures. His charged lightning was relatively much more potent in comparison (a lightning phenomenon which was like a whirlwind; hence the word "extreme" in my previous description).

That takes him several seconds to charge.
So?

...ooohhh?

...ooohhh?
Pathetic attitude continues...

laughing I love how you forget that you're trying to argue for Thanaton here.

...ooohhh?
And Obi-Wan have a comparable showing? Or even Dooku? Or even Sidious?

Stony? Obi Wan can shatter durasteel. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Remember that statue related feat of Anakin inside the Jedi Temple? This is the type of feat that I am referring to; in-fact Exal Kressh performed matching or superior feats in nuetral settings.

And now you will tell us that this puts her on Obi Wan's level. laughing
I cannot verify this.

"impressive in many ways"?

Is English your first language?

That is a serious question.
You focus on the argument. If your attitude continues to be like this, expect your posts to be reported.

Since you evidently fail to actually elaborate on these "shortcomings" and "limitations", I'm going to take your smug tone as Shakespearean levels of dramatic irony.
1. Dooku (nearly) pushed Yoda to his limits with his lightning (Dooku isn't as proficient in this application as some of his TOR era predecessors were; not even close).

2. Sidious knocked Yoda unconscious with a normal burst of his lightning (A sign of limitation of Yoda's Force shield based defense?)

3. Yoda have decent tutaminis capabilities since he handled Sidious's charged lightning for a short while but Sidious lightning wasn't on level of Exal Kressh's whose lightning not just overwhelmed lightsaber based defense of a powerful Force-user but obliterated the lightsaber itself.

There are ample signs in conan sources which indicate that characters have strengths but weaknesses too.

I am not among those who mindlessly associate names such as Yoda, Sidious, Luke, Revan and vice versa with invincibility. While, these characters can defeat lot of individuals, they can loose to some other powerful individuals as well.

Exal Kressh's loss to Thanaton is an excellent example of one powerful individual loosing to another (Exal Kressh was more then a match for Thanaton on many fronts but still lost).

No, it's just something called "reading between the lines" that you never learned in grade school.

You see, when I respond to your claim about whoever's having "supreme" Force powers with Anoon Bondara's "second to none" accolade, it has nothing to do with my failing to distinguish Force power and dueling skills, contrary to your laughably smug attitude. I'll give you one more chance to figure it out, or you're going on ignore.
If you will compare apples with oranges, expect me to point this out.

Master Han
You buffoon, it is not my problem if you suck at understanding information.

No. I'll give you one last shot.

You said that so-and-so-character had "supreme" levels of Force ability.
I replied by pointing out that Anoon Bondara's saber skills were second to none.

Explain why I did this.

It'll help you understand why I brought up Obi Wan's bending durasteel.

His charged lightning (gasp!) needs to be charged first. Note that, in the aforementioned battle sequence, Nox just stands there and dares him to attack. I don't think Kenobi will do the same.

Is this a joke? You seriously do not understand how the need to take time to charge an attack could be a handicap in a combat situation?

What? Destroying a lightsaber handle? You think this is somehow impressive? They're not necessarily remarkably durable. It's only a difficult feat because she clearly penetrated Thanaton's defenses; but, beyond useless circular logic you'll doubtlessly reply with, this is a mark against Thanaton.

Seeing that durasteel > stone, why did you bother to bring this up?

Then your point is...?

There's no point in trying to contend that Thanaton can match Kenobi in sabers.

You call me a "buffoon", and then threaten to report me for insults? confused

Bullshit. Dooku did not push Yoda to his limits. Sidious pushed Yoda to his limits; the same Sidious can turn giant beasts, and three powerful DS sorcerers, into ash with one hand.

How could you possibly argue this in good conscious? I know that you know Yoda was clearly caught off guard (watch his facial expression), given that he later deflects Sidious's even more powerful lightning at point blank range.

laughing Sidious's lightning has turned powerful DS users and giant beats into dust; this is certainly more potent than obliterating a lightsaber.

Seriously, what is it with your fascination with the most useless feats imaginable? Destroying metal structures with lightning is not unimpressive, I'll give you that (although Galen Marek does the same to AT-STs)- then, you decide to obsessively brag about destroying a lightsaber? WTF?

And do you realize that the latter feat downplays Thanaton?

Way to post a useless tautology. Obviously Yoda has weaknesses. Thanaton has weaknesses too. So does your beloved Vitiate. But you can't argue that the Roman legions could take down the modern United States military because the latter "has weaknesses", not only if you put it in red.

The Merchant
IIRC Kit Fisto has accolades that state he can move so fast he can make solid after images that make it appear that there are 4 Fistos fighting you at the same time. I think he wins.

Nephthys
Lolwut?

Thats impossible outside of manga dude. haermm

(also Han dunno if you saw but yes English isn't his first language so maybe go easy on his phrases and such)

The Merchant
I recall reading that somewhere. So is shooting lightning from your hands and lifting things with your mind via an invisible life force that surrounds us wink

Q99
Exal Kressh was very clearly more powerful and skilled than him when they fought, he won in large part due to the aid of his warrior slave.

That I'll disagree with. Skilled, sure, but Dooku level...? I wouldn't bet on that.

Lightning is harder to defend against than to make, though a saber helps. Absorption is a pretty tricky technique.

JohnFranks500
no legend, your continuing bias fades in the face of yoda's force feats. such ignorance...

You shouldn't be talking to anybody about bias.

S_W_LeGenD
No. I'll give you one last shot.

You said that so-and-so-character had "supreme" levels of Force ability.
I replied by pointing out that Anoon Bondara's saber skills were second to none.

Explain why I did this.
Difference is that Thanaton have been acknowledged as "supremely powerful" in 3rd party context.

In contrast, Bondara's dueling skills were "second to none" in opinion of his apprentice; an opinion, proven wrong by Maul. Because I don't think that an individual whose skills are supposedly second to none in PT era will struggle with Maul.

It'll help you understand why I brought up Obi Wan's bending durasteel.
And this is supposed to indicate that Obi-Wan is supremely powerful? What is his feat exactly?

Analogy: Malgus cracked marble top with a single punch (natural strength).

His charged lightning (gasp!) needs to be charged first. Note that, in the aforementioned battle sequence, Nox just stands there and dares him to attack. I don't think Kenobi will do the same.
Thanaton wouldn't find it difficult to overwhelm Kenobi with a barrage of his Force powers; once Kenobi is on his knees, Thanaton can then charge his lightning to finish him off.

Is this a joke? You seriously do not understand how the need to take time to charge an attack could be a handicap in a combat situation?
See above.

What? Destroying a lightsaber handle? You think this is somehow impressive? They're not necessarily remarkably durable. It's only a difficult feat because she clearly penetrated Thanaton's defenses; but, beyond useless circular logic you'll doubtlessly reply with, this is a mark against Thanaton.
And how many have managed to obliterate a lightsaber with FL while it was actively used by a powerful Force-user for defense against FL?

Analogy: Dooku was much more powerful then Kenobi (in AOTC) but the former failed to disarm Kenobi with his FL.

Your attempts to downplay impressive feats of TOR era characters are lame and reflect upon your bias.

Seeing that durasteel > stone, why did you bother to bring this up?
What kind of logic is this?

A droid can be made of durasteel. This doesn't means the power required to damage such a droid would be remotely even close to shatter a gigantic structure made of stone that may weigh many tons.

Describe the feat properly or SU.

Then your point is...?

There's no point in trying to contend that Thanaton can match Kenobi in sabers.
This doesn't means that Thanaton cannot defeat Kenobi. Thanaton was among the greatest warriors of the ancient Sith Empire in its history which have witnessed lot of warriors.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2e21pog.png

In-fact, Thanaton could disarm his opponents by pulling the weapons out of their grip with his Force abilities:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100509201009/starwars/images/thumb/1/1d/TK1.jpg/500px-TK1.jpg

You call me a "buffoon", and then threaten to report me for insults? confused
You are debating in an (online) forum; it is obvious that not every member you will come across will be from a country with English as its native language. So don't mock people in this manner.

Bullshit. Dooku did not push Yoda to his limits. Sidious pushed Yoda to his limits; the same Sidious can turn giant beasts, and three powerful DS sorcerers, into ash with one hand.
This;

Dooku gave a little growl and thrust forth his hand, loosing a line of blue lightning at the diminutive Master.
Yoda caught it in his own hand and turned it aside, but far from easily.

Source: AOTC Novelization

Also, Sidious isn't exclusive at being potent enough to turn sentient beings to ash with his lightning. Nyriss have comparable showing, as an example.

How could you possibly argue this in good conscious? I know that you know Yoda was clearly caught off guard (watch his facial expression), given that he later deflects Sidious's even more powerful lightning at point blank range.
He would have his basic level of defense up if he is confronting a powerful individual? No?

laughing Sidious's lightning has turned powerful DS users and giant beats into dust; this is certainly more potent than obliterating a lightsaber.
This is now turning in to a subjective argument.

Exal Kressh had no trouble in vaporizing physical bodies with her FL.

Seriously, what is it with your fascination with the most useless feats imaginable? Destroying metal structures with lightning is not unimpressive, I'll give you that (although Galen Marek does the same to AT-STs)- then, you decide to obsessively brag about destroying a lightsaber? WTF?

And do you realize that the latter feat downplays Thanaton?
Galen downed an AT-ST with his telekinetic abilities. He then unleashed his lightning on the machine which electrocuted the crew inside. His lightning may have short-circuited some components of the machine at maximum.

Way to post a useless tautology. Obviously Yoda has weaknesses. Thanaton has weaknesses too. So does your beloved Vitiate. But you can't argue that the Roman legions could take down the modern United States military because the latter "has weaknesses", not only if you put it in red.
Your analogy is absurd.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Merchant
I recall reading that somewhere. So is shooting lightning from your hands and lifting things with your mind via an invisible life force that surrounds us wink

Except those are made possible through the Force by manipulating energy. Moving fast enough to produce solid after images is literally impossible by the laws of physics.

Col. Valerian
Neph, where do you get those from?

Nephthys
Get what?

pencilcrayon
He meant "hard light" ? Soft light would be that of a haze.

From whose perspective though? Non Force sensitives?

It's impossible by the laws of physics for a star ship to traverse thousands of light years in a day or a week or less. It's fine for the SW verse though.

Nephthys
Again, thats possible through hyperdrive technology. Theres a specific reason why its possible. But it isn't possible to move fast enough to create solid after images. Theres no reason for the laws pf physics to sit the **** down for Kit through sheer speed.

Col. Valerian
The online comics.

Nephthys
What online comics?

You mean Homestuck?

Col. Valerian
What you just posted. Where'd you get it from? I guess I mean Homestuck.

Nephthys
Er, I didn't just post anything. confused

If you mean my signature and avatar I just got them from google image searches. The character is from Homestuck, which is here.

Unless you mean this stuff:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2e21pog.jpg

But Legend posted that, not me.

Col. Valerian
Yeah I meant that stuff. I'll ask him then.

Nephthys
That conversation was weird.

Col. Valerian
Lol a little bit yeah.

pencilcrayon
Maybe Fisto's feats are meant to be from a Non force sensitive?

here.

Do you play this game?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
What you just posted. Where'd you get it from? I guess I mean Homestuck.

Homestuck is a webcomic thingy, Neph's profile pic and sig are of a character in said webcomic. You don't mean Homestuck.

Col. Valerian
Okay. Neph, I didn't mean Homestuck.

lol

Nephthys
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
Do you play this game?

It isn't a game, bro.

It isn't a game. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-stare.gif

Except for the game that is in the comic I mean.

(It is a webcomic that you read. Read it.)

NewGuy01
I personally had a really, really hard time getting through the 4 introductions and quit right as the story really started to unfold. I hear it's pretty great later on, and I know of a bit of what happens here and there, but I'm completely un-motivated to get through the introductions of John, Rose, that other girl, and Dave again.

Still, I do want to get into it at one point, as it's a pretty damn huge fan base. Litterally, my best friends that live rather far away and I went to Universal Studios, and she/he had me wear a custom made Homestuck outfit at the theme park. Like 15 people approached us in something of an hour, and we were there all day. stick out tongue

Nephthys
Man, Homestuck is the shit.

Yeah, the intro kind of drags* but those guys were right, it does get amazing later one. Also the music is fantastic and theres a ****ton of it. So I recommend trying it out again.

*Although I still think its ****ing hilarious and worth it for all the pesterlogs.

NewGuy01
Yeah, just read to Rose's introduction. It's better this time around, but still difficult to follow. Took like an hour to get this far too lol.

Yeah, it's pretty funny at points I previously missed.

Nephthys
Hmm, Thanatons apprentice is described as being an 'unparallelled lightsaber duelist' in his codex entry. Of course Darth Nox beats him, so chalk up another good feat for her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.