Most powerful application of the Force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Han
Taking into account the time and circumstances needed for the feats, which of the listed, if any, stands as the most impressive application of the Force in Star Wars?

I've probably missed a few.

Lord Lucien
That "unmoving, black hole" thing of Luke's was metaphorical, if I remember it right.

Nephthys
Other: Anakin bitchslapping the Son and Daughter simultaneously.

Is that a contender perhaps?

ares834
Voted for the unbalancing of the force.

But Anakin subduing the Son and Daughter was more impressive.

Edit: Ninja'd

Master Han
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
That "unmoving, black hole" thing of Luke's was metaphorical, if I remember it right.

Not really. The prose seems to be literal, with the narrator going to massive lengths to detail just how immovable Luke is - far beyond an offhand hyperbole.

Anoon Bondara's skilled aren't literally "second to none", but that quote would certainly appear more literal if the narrator dedicated an entire passage to addressing just how he would kick everybody's ass. At the same time.

Originally posted by Nephthys

I wanted to leave out:

1. Powerscaling feats (although now that I think of it, I added in Vitiate's mindrape...)
2. Feats not necessarily involving raw power
3. Feats performed by, or involving, Abeloth, Zonoma Sekot, etc.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Master Han
Not really. The prose seems to be literal, with the narrator going to massive lengths to detail just how immovable Luke is - far beyond an offhand hyperbole.
What book is it from?

Nephthys
Then its gotta be Lukes super-massive black hole thing if we take it as literal.

Followed by Plagueis and Palpatine unbalancing the Force if not.

What book is it from?

Swarm War.

'But this time, Luke was ready. He placed his own hand in front of Raynar's and rooted himself in the heart of the Force, and when he did that, he became the very essence of the immovable object. Nothing could dislodge him-not one of Lando's asteroid tuggers, not the Megador's sixteen ion engines, not the black hole at the center of the galaxy itself.

Luke stood that way, waiting, dimly aware that his surviving bugcrunchers were moving into defensive positions, one at his back and the other just inside the burst hatch. Raynar continued to struggle, trying to hurl Luke down the corridor, trying to move him a single centimeter.

Luke did not budge, and finally Raynar stopped struggling and met his eyes with a stunned and anguished gaze.'

Lord Lucien
I assume that's taking place on a planet? Yeah, it's metaphorical. Aside from the fact that it's Luke's own perspective, if he was literally so fixed in spot that even the gravitational power of a supermassive black hole couldn't budge him, then the planet itself would move away from him immediately and he'd be left immobile in space. It's a strong feat, but the description is metaphorical.

Master Han
I assume that's taking place on a planet? Yeah, it's metaphorical. Aside from the fact that it's Luke's own perspective, if he was literally so fixed in spot that even the gravitational power of a supermassive black hole couldn't budge him, then the planet itself would move away from him immediately and he'd be left immobile in space. It's a strong feat, but the description is metaphorical.

An ironic rebuttal comes to mind that I will overlook. But I think it's clear that Luke couldn't be forcibly moved by any external force, but he wouldn't "resist" the planet's gravitational pull, for example. "any" here is being used literally.

Nephthys
It isn't taking place on a planet. They're in a ship iirc. And as I recall the ship had no artificial gravity.

Lord Lucien
Ah yes, now I remember. It still sounds like a metaphor. The black hole isn't there to provide a direct comparison. If he was literally immovable in place then the ship would still tear a Luke-sized hole in its hull as it moved through space (everything moves space, propulsion or no). And I'd wager that it's third-person narrative from Luke's perspective. It's a metaphor to make a point, simple as that.

Nephthys
I interpret it as him anchoring himself to the floor, not becoming literally immovable in space. Hence why it says 'Nothing could dislodge him'

Lord Lucien
That makes sense. Being literally too stuck in place for a black hole that's not even present makes no sense.

Nephthys
Oh I definitely agree. Its absolute idiocy at its finest, a classic case of Sci-Fi Writers Have No Sense of Scale. If Luke were really that powerful, he'd be Galactus....

's Big Brother.

Master Han
The worst is the 4 million man clone army laugh.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys

thumb up

Master Han
^no powerscaling. That sort of makes the thread pointless.

Although Vitiate vs. Revan and Malak sort of qualifies. Darn it.

The_Tempest
Then Plagueis and Sidious wrestling with the Force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.