darth plagueis vs kyp durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
these 2 have been talked about recently, so who would win in a battle? takes place in the mandalore throne room, where maul and opress battled sidious

1. sabers
2.force
3. all out

Nephthys
Plagueis in everything.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
you serious? i can see plagueis taking sabers, but the force, i'm inclined to say kyp, due to having superior force feats, (that are applicable to combat) although plagueis does have extremely potent pushes and waves going for him. and sabers is closer than you think, if it's true that kyp rivals katarn in that department, although plagueis still would most likely take it.

edit: plus luke says kyp has raw power equal to himself, if memory serves me right

Nephthys
No, Plagueis has better Force feats in terms of combat applications:

"He stopped once to conjure a Force wave that all but atomized the bodies of six Maladians. He spun through a turn, dragging the wave halfway around the room to kill half a dozen more."

Kyp seems to me to be overrated as hell, as he's done little to earn his accolades and hasn't ever really shown competence in battle.

Master Han
Neph: tossing around frigates much?

And, again, what has Plagueis ever done with a lightsaber? I'm sure he's good, but as good as Durron?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
hmm, kyp was able to TK large freighters like they were projectiles, and he effortlessly hurls Corran Horn across a hanger (idk how powerful horn is tho), and he was the only person outside of the skywalker and solo families as a possibility for the next dark lord

edit: damn ninjas

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Master Han
Neph: tossing around frigates much?

And, again, what has Plagueis ever done with a lightsaber? I'm sure he's good, but as good as Durron?

so i assume you think durron would win?

edit: also, kyp had the raw potential to push luke across a room

Nephthys

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
also, couldn't kyp toss shadow bombs like they were proton torpedoes or some crap?

edit: how good is venamis at dueling?

Master Han
Venamis is an unknown, and "move so fast I'm like a blur trololol" feats are almost ubiquitous.

pencilcrayon

Master Han
I dunno. TPM Qui Gon and Obi Wan could move pretty darn fast:

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=9851

pencilcrayon
Nevermind. "lightning flash" would be the light from a lightning bolt

He's on Sojourn, so it wouldn't be the speed in a vacuum.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ok, so plagueis doesn't have really any feats, just tenebrous's praise? i'd still put him at least at dooku level, because sidious had to be trained by someone.

Nephthys
"Doesn't have really any feats". Lol.

Plagueis punches Kyps head off.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
does venamis have any feats?

edit: im talking about saber feats

Nephthys
Not outside of that duel as I know, but he was specifically trained the beat Plagueis and managed to wound him, which makes him incredible in my mind.

If you read their fight, Plagueis displays incredible prowess, able to trivialize their duel when he gets serious.

Vensai
Plagueis dominates the all-out.

Master Han
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not outside of that duel as I know, but he was specifically trained the beat Plagueis and managed to wound him, which makes him incredible in my mind.

If you read their fight, Plagueis displays incredible prowess, able to trivialize their duel when he gets serious.

Circular logic trololol.

I think the most telling evidence of Plagueis's lightsaber prowess is that Palpatine is still afraid to take him on in a fair fight, despite their strength in the Force being very close by the time of Plagueis’s demise.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Circular logic trololol.

I think the most telling evidence of Plagueis's lightsaber prowess is that Palpatine is still afraid to take him on in a fair fight, despite their strength in the Force being very close by the time of Plagueis’s demise.

it was probably more because of plagueis's mastery of the force, and I believe the author states them as equals at that point anyway, because he said Plagueis COULD have beaten palpatine, meaning like a 50/50 shot

Master Han
^well, if you're equals in the Force, Sidious is going to have a conclusive advantage, unless if Plagueis has at least something to show for with his blade-work.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
who do you think wins this?

Master Han
Force, it's a tossup. But I might give Plagueis the edge, although based on much speculation, in sabers and all-out. I mean, Palpatine feared his power.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Force, it's a tossup. But I might give Plagueis the edge, although based on much speculation, in sabers and all-out. I mean, Palpatine feared his power.

there's really nothing to suggest that palpatine feared plagueis's saber skills, as he despised to use sabers in the first place, and that TPM sidious may very well be equal to ROTS sidious (in sabers), as there's no indication that he ever picked up a saber again till ROTS

NewGuy01
Except, you know, he used it to whoop the Opress bros.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ok. anything else?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.