Khan vs ozymandias

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thanos-prime
Who wins?

juggerman
Ozy

DTM
I dont know, Khan from the new series of movies was a real phyiscal badass, definately in the low level superhuman scale.

Lord Lucien
Khan can take a punching from Kirk, but Ozy can send him flying across the room.

thanos-prime
Khan, Slight majority.

Darth Martin
Veidt was a bullet timer.

KingD19
And apparently KhN dodged several phaser bolts from rapid fire weapons.

Mindset
Khan.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by KingD19
And apparently KhN dodged several phaser bolts from rapid fire weapons. And was shot multiple times with a phaser point blank and it did nothing more than wobble him.

Mindset
He didn't even drop that thun thun thun iirc.

BruceSkywalker
KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN FTW

TheGodKiller
Khan wins.

golem370
Ozy faster smarter and atleast as strong.

Darth Martin
And apparently KhN dodged several phaser bolts from rapid fire weapons. When did he dodge phaser fire?

Lestov16
Ozy easily takes this. Ozy was casually kicking people across rooms, whereas Khan didn't even weaken Kirk after a prolonged beatdown. And Khan didn't dodge shit. Don't know where that came from.

dadudemon
This is an excellent match-up.

I see lots of people saying Khan but it's not that easy. If I get some time, I'll break down who is what. I could put it into my combat sim I built for class (not nearly as good as the one they use for deadliest warrior since that was built with millions of dollars).

focus4chumps
oz is quick and strong enough to catch bullets. he bends khan over.

Sadako of Girth
And apparently KhN dodged several phaser bolts from rapid fire weapons.

Those phaser bolts travel slower than bullets.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Those phaser bolts travel slower than bullets.

far far slower even. slow enough that it takes dozens of frames for the blasts to travel whereas a bullet would need high speed film just to be visible. its like cheetah vs snail.

but the more important matter is the strength required to grab a .357 round out of the air with all its momentun, AND without his hand being ripped apart.

KingD19
To be fair, his glove was armored in the movie. And I don't think that was a .357

Maybe a .38 or something but not a .357

Dolos
Khan rips the pansy of comprise's head off and shits down his throat.

**** the blond *****-MADE!

Khan, ftw.

Lestov16
Can you get me a dime bag of whatever you're smoking?

KingD19
I wasn't aware they sold crack in dime bags.

Lestov16
Dolos is probably on that molly.

Mindset
I wasn't aware they sold crack in dime bags. Ofc they do.

Galan007
As far as strength goes, Ozy's blows can send full grown men hurling across an entire room-- don't recall Khan displaying that type of strength.

As far as speed goes, Ozy is fast enough to bullet-time from point blank range-- don't recall Khan ever displaying that type of speed.

As far as fighting skill goes, Ozy simultaneously owned 3 very adept MA's(Nite Owl, Rorschach, and Silk Spectre) like they were talentless feebs.

The only area in which Khan has the distinct advantage is damage soak/regen. Because of that, it's hard to say if Ozy could put him down long enough to constitute a KO. Based on what we saw, however, Ozy should still be able to beat the christ out of him. /shrug

Mindset
You sound like you want Ozymandias inside all your holes, Galan.

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/LBEG0nJ.jpg

Mindset
laughing out loud

focus4chumps
To be fair, his glove was armored in the movie. And I don't think that was a .357

Maybe a .38 or something but not a .357

oNj4UjzbHkQ

:edit: looks like a 357 to me. no way of knowing so lets just agree its a gun.

Mindset
I don't think it's a gun.

focus4chumps
if quan was here we'd learn how it only shot fairy dust at ozy so khan wins.

Mindset
He's a once in a lifetime genius.

Robtard
The gun Silk Spectre used to shoot Veidt with was a Smith & Wesson Model 10, .38 rounds.

KingD19
Originally posted by focus4chumps
oNj4UjzbHkQ

:edit: looks like a 357 to me. no way of knowing so lets just agree its a gun.

Well the .357 isn't even a gun. It's an ammo type. So there's no way to gauge. But, a .357 more than likely would have put a hole in his hand and done mor than spun him around.

focus4chumps
Well the .357 isn't even a gun. It's an ammo type.

are you trolling? its both.

Impediment
Ozymandias wins.

Smarter, faster, stronger, and better looking.

No homo.

KingD19
are you trolling? its both.

No. I'm being serious.

.357 is an ammunition classification, specifically created to for law enforcement to have a better bullet to pierce body armor and armored car doors that criminals and gangsters were using in the 30's. Normal rounds were crap, and the .38 Special was barely cutting it. But the .357 punched through them like Tyson through guards.

There are several revolvers that are specifically made to shoot .357 rounds, like the Colt Python and MP412-Rex, which are usually classified as "Magnums" or "Magnum Revolvers" as that's the ammunition they use, but there is no such thing as a 357 Magnum Revolver.

focus4chumps
WRONG. a 357 is a type of round as well as a type of gun. just google for 357 pistols before replying, please.

also, you can fire 38 rounds from a 357 (same diameter casing) but you cant do vice versa, because a 357 round is too powerful (as well as too long). maybe thats where you are confused.

Galan007
Almost any type of gun you purchase will be referenced by its caliber type AND specific model #. I can tell you this with confidence, because I own several guns(including a .357mag), and all of them are labeled this way. Example: The label Taurus stamped/engraved on the side of my .357mag is: "Taurus 605 .357 Magnum." So yes, the physical gun can absolutely be referenced as a ".357 Magnum." And like f4c said: you can fire .38spc ammunition through a .357mag frame, but you cannot fire .357mag ammunition through a .38spc frame-- this is due to the HUGE difference in ballistic energy these ammunitions release.

That said, the bullet Ozy caught could have been a .38spc round, fired from a .357mag frame. Even if that was the case, it is still an excellent speed/bullet-timing feat, given that a .38spc round travels between 850-900fps, and he caught it at point blank range. If it was a .357mag round, then the feat becomes even more impressive, as a .357mag round travels between 1,150-1,250fps.

Anywho, hopefully that cleared up the unneeded confusion.

focus4chumps
i've fired both rounds from a 357 and the difference is staggering. anyhoo i assumed 357 because of the sound the gun made, which was a loud bang as opposed to the comparatively light popping sound a 38 makes

Galan007
thumb up Truly, it is an astonishing difference.

It amazes me there is such a difference in power, considering they are fairly close in size.
http://i.imgur.com/eX49yha.jpg

Where ammunition is concerned, a little goes a LONG way.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Robtard
The gun Silk Spectre used to shoot Veidt with was a Smith & Wesson Model 10, .38 rounds.

{citation needed}

dadudemon
Well the .357 isn't even a gun. It's an ammo type. So there's no way to gauge.

Ha, I see what you did, there.

Originally posted by Galan007
That said, the bullet Ozy caught could have been a .38spc round, fired from a .357mag frame. Even if that was the case,

Ha! More gun puns.

But, a .357 more than likely would have put a hole in his hand and done mor than spun him around.

1. In the comic, he caught the bullet with an unarmored hand.
2. He spun to catch the bullet at speed rather than taking a bullet through his hand (think of it like catching a water balloon: you don't just let it flop into your hands, you fall with the balloon so the "deceleration" of the balloon occurs over a longer period of time).

focus4chumps
i think it was both that and the velocity pulling him around. either way: assuming a human of regular-strength-yet-super-speed attempted that, he would only manage to be fast enough to move his hand toward the proper place to be shredded apart or punctured. even if the glove was super-armor to prevent penetration, the impact force would have shattered every bone in his hand. thats why i disagree sharply with the popular notion that doc manhattan was the only one with super powers.

Galan007
i think it was both that and the velocity pulling him around. Most likely.

An average .38spc /w/ full-metal jacket delivers about 18,000psi, and about 250ft. lbs of muzzle energy/force. A peak human isn't one-hand catching that without spinning a little.

Dolos
Ozymandias is a bit of ***** tho. laughing

Khan, because blondey boy displayed no strength feat Khan couldn't pull off and we all know how he beat a bunch of old out of practice crime fighters, obsessing over the weaknesses in their styles. Lol, Ozy got ****ed up by Comedian, God knows what Khan would do to the pretty boy.

Riddick would waste him even worse than Khan would.

focus4chumps
i think in the end, watchmen and khan are incompatible topics.

they seem to have widely differing standards of strength and agility feats for unaltered humans, as well as the effects of physics and gravity on them.

khan is a genetically engineered super-human in the same universe that would never allow bullet-catching to occur, even for him.

also, no non-tampered human in the entire star trek universe can send a 200+ pound man airborne with a punch...and ozy is by all accounts genetically just a plain ol human.

dadudemon
Most likely.

An average .38spc /w/ full-metal jacket delivers about 18,000psi, and about 250ft. lbs of muzzle energy/force. A peak human isn't one-hand catching that without spinning a little.

You're looking for kinetic energy/momentum of a bullet.

That's simply mass*velocity.

Use kilograms and m/s to figure out how much momentum something has:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2900353049/winchester-usa-ammunition-38-special-130-grain-full-metal-jacket

Muzzle Velocity: 800 fps
Muzzle Energy: 185 ft. lbs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/128984/federal-american-eagle-ammunition-38-special-130-grain-full-metal-jacket-box-of-50

Muzzle Velocity: 890 fps
Muzzle Energy: 229 ft. lbs.

So I'll go with 890fps

p = (130*0.0648)*(890*0.3048)

p = 485.8320 g m/s = .4858 kg m/s

To put that into perspective, a champion welterweight boxer can generate 400 kg m/s in his punches. That's enough to knock most normal people over.

400/.4858 = 823

What does that mean? A welterweight's punch has 823 times the momentum of that bullet at muzzle velocity.

The momentum of the bullet is likely significantly less by the time it hits its target because it loses energy quickly in the air while traveling to the target.

Basically, I'm saying that bullets do not deliver that much force, at all, to stuff. The reason they seem so powerful is that they are tiny objects traveling at very high speeds and the strength of the material (flesh and bone) that is struck but such a fast moving object is not able to withstand the sheering and compression forces upon impact. Translation: you skin is not tough enough to stand up to a tiny sharp object traveling super fast.

focus4chumps
you typed lots of stuff and so now as a result bullets are not as powerful as they actually are

oh ddm you're so precious love

dadudemon
you typed lots of stuff and so now as a result bullets are not as powerful as they actually are

oh ddm you're so precious love

huh?

No, I just qualified that ozy didn't spin around from the force of the bullet. That's it. Precious these nuts. wink

focus4chumps
what about impact area?

also i dont recall him stopping punches with his hand. then again its been a while since i saw watchmen.

dadudemon
what about impact area?

What about it?

also i dont recall him stopping punches with his hand. then again its been a while since i saw watchmen.

He seemed to block shit just fine from Night Owl and Rorschach.

focus4chumps
blocking punches is not the same as stopping a punch with your hand. when blocking with his arms, his body is also absorbing force. his arm and hand were suspended so it was only his arm/hand/shoulders which absorbed that force.

Galan007
Originally posted by dadudemon
Basically, I'm saying that bullets do not deliver that much force, at all, to stuff. The reason they seem so powerful is that they are tiny objects traveling at very high speeds and the strength of the material (flesh and bone) that is struck but such a fast moving object is not able to withstand the sheering and compression forces upon impact. Translation: you skin is not tough enough to stand up to a tiny sharp object traveling super fast. We are talking about a bullet...moving at that speed...with that force...hitting a single hand.

Because the bullet didn't penetrate*giggity* Ozy's hand due to his armored palm, said energies would have instead been dispersed throughout his entire hand/arm. In short: I don't think it's out of the question for the bullet to have contributed to his 180 degree(ish) spin. It may not have, but I think it's possible.

...Not that it matters in the slightest to the main topic. /shrug

dadudemon
We are talking about a bullet...moving at that speed...with that force...hitting a single hand.

Because the bullet didn't penetrate*giggity* Ozy's hand due to his armored palm, said energies would have instead been dispersed throughout his entire hand/arm. In short: I don't think it's out of the question for the bullet to have contributed to his 180 degree(ish) spin. It may not have, but I think it's possible.

...Not that it matters in the slightest to the main topic. /shrug

Mythbusters tested it: they suspended a pig on a very precariously balanced rig that would fall off at the littlest of forces: bullets couldn't do shit. They even armored the pig so it would absorb as much energy as possible.

They even revisted the myth with a 50 caliber attempt: still nada.

Blown Away is the myth/episode.

dadudemon
blocking punches is not the same as stopping a punch with your hand. when blocking with his arms, his body is also absorbing force. his arm and hand were suspended so it was only his arm/hand/shoulders which absorbed that force.

Thanks for clarifying something my post did not contradict (go back and read it, again big grin).

You like arguing with posts (or a fence, wall, poop), don't you?

Galan007
Mythbusters don't know shit. uhuh

focus4chumps
wut

something about a tv show and an armored pig?

dadudemon
Mythbusters don't know shit. uhuh

wut

something about a tv show and an armored pig?

Poor kids. sad

Their teachers didn't even tell them about Newton's Third Law of Motion.

It's almost bad enough to make me weep.

Galan007
Apparently any random phag can wear a beret on TV, and everyone thinks he's a genius.

Buncha suckaz. thumb down

TheGodKiller
DDM is somewhat right. Bullet damage is largely a result of the high moment of impact and the immense pressure, not simply the force it exerts.

DARTH POWER
Where's Quanchi when there's actually an argument to be made for Khan? Seems he'd rather argue fights where Khan has no hope.

dadudemon
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Where's Quanchi when there's actually an argument to be made for Khan? Seems he'd rather argue fights where Khan has no hope.

Well, Khan is very similar to Ozy in that they are both superhuman geniuses but neither of them are super superhuman (meaning, not like superman) but they are super enough to be just out of reach of anything the human genome could produce.

So, I would venture a guess that he is not around to choose one or the other because it would be like choosing to shoot your left foot or right foot.

Silent Master
Well, Khan is very similar to Ozy in that they are both superhuman geniuses but neither of them are super superhuman (meaning, not like superman) but they are super enough to be just out of reach of anything the human genome could produce.

So, I would venture a guess that he is not around to choose one or the other because it would be like choosing to shoot your left foot or right foot.

I would venture a guess that the real reason is that this thread doesn't lend itself to his style of trolling.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Silent Master
I would venture a guess that the real reason is that this thread doesn't lend itself to his style of trolling.

his trolling is compatible with any thread regarding a character he thinks is sexy. example:

KHAN WINS

/THREAD

*rinse, repeat*

Sadako of Girth

The human genome half produced Spock, definitely produced Uhura who was key in his defeat, and of course Bones, the man whom outsmarted him.

Also Kirk KO'd Khan in 'Space Seed' with a plastic looking pipe lol.
And he was outwitted by Kirk, scotty and co in the movie.

Original Khan would never have fallen for the dumbass obvious manoeuvre he did in ITTD.

And no Quanchi is off sulking, probably tired of getting spanked repeatedly when he tries to troll with the same shit for the 2,441th time.

dadudemon
The human genome half produced Spock

IMO, Spock would not qualify as "possible with the human genome." Spock is not a human. He's a hybrid.

definitely produced Uhura who was key in his defeat,

How was she key to his defeat? (Was it the support she provided Spock?)

and of course Bones, the man whom outsmarted him.

Bones is a genius in his own right. Obviously, not Khan-level as Khan is supposed to be above what is possible, naturally, for the human genome. But Khan is not flawless despite his stupid high IQ.

Also Kirk KO'd Khan in 'Space Seed' with a plastic looking pipe lol.

Which was hilarious.

And he was outwitted by Kirk, scotty and co in the movie.

Multiple times, even. But I blame that on character flaws of Khan rather than that showing that they are more intelligent than Khan.

Original Khan would never have fallen for the dumbass obvious manoeuvre he did in ITTD.

I disagree because Khan in Wrath of Khan got WTF PWNed by Kirk in a battle of wits.

And no Quanchi is off sulking, probably tired of getting spanked repeatedly when he tries to troll with the same shit for the 2,441th time.

I have no idea WTF he is doing. He should get his ass in here because I am genuinely curious what he thinks of the match-up.

Edit - Could someone fill me in on Quanchi's "style of trolling." I never read but maybe a 10th to a 20th of those lengthy exchanges. So what exactly is this "Quanchi trolling" thing? Any time he and I have had arguments, they lasted, at best, 2 pages. So why do his arguments with most others last for dozens of pages?

Silent Master
Edit - Could someone fill me in on Quanchi's "style of trolling." I never read but maybe a 10th to a 20th of those lengthy exchanges. So what exactly is this "Quanchi trolling" thing? Any time he and I have had arguments, they lasted, at best, 2 pages. So why do his arguments with most others last for dozens of pages?

Just look at page 1 of this very board, there are multiple threads where his trolling can be seen.

focus4chumps

Edit - Could someone fill me in on Quanchi's "style of trolling."

basically your style of compulsive-empty-reply trolling, but minus the silly word games.

dadudemon
Just look at page 1 of this very board, there are multiple threads where his trolling can be seen.

Do you really think I want to go through that? We may have had our differences, you and I, but I do not think any decent human deserves that punishment. Have a heart, man. sad

basically your style of compulsive-empty-reply trolling, but minus the silly word games.

If that's the case, then he's not trolling at all? So why do you call it trolling if he's not trolling?

It's funny you mention the word games: a couple of third parties say that's your entire MO and you have no substance in pretty much any discussion: just word games and "aha, gotcha" attempts. You're quite infamous, already.

Silent Master
Ok, fair enough.

His brand of trolling is to declare whatever side he likes better the winner and then massively exaggerate their feats while ignoring/lowballing/lying/distorting/leaving out context etc etc etc of the other sides feats....when that doesn't work he attacks the other side by saying that they're mad/he's in their head/they've conceded or that he's won.

Rinse and repeat.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

focus4chumps

If that's the case, then he's not trolling at all? So why do you call it trolling if he's not trolling?

It's funny you mention the word games: a couple of third parties say that's your entire MO and you have no substance in pretty much any discussion: just word games and "aha, gotcha" attempts. You're quite infamous, already.

you sure type a lot of nonsense.

maybe you should just stop lying to people and you wont have to exert yourself so much with all your silly clownish mental gymnastics and word games :O

well maybe we should get back to topic. what do you think?

Sadako of Girth
5E4dlR-vKBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHhw_x-gHxI
Word games are fun.

Ozymandias stomps.

TheGodKiller
Ok, fair enough.

His brand of trolling is to declare whatever side he likes better the winner and then massively exaggerate their feats while ignoring/lowballing/lying/distorting/leaving out context etc etc etc of the other sides feats....when that doesn't work he attacks the other side by saying that they're mad/he's in their head/they've conceded or that he's won.

Rinse and repeat.
You forgot to mention the part about purposely derailing threads and the constant, egotistical need to get the last word in.

Otherwise, it's pretty much spot-on.

Galan007
KHAN WINS.

THANOS STOMPS.

THE BREAKING BAD FINALE WAS HORRIBLE.

CONCESSION ACCEPTED.

I think that pretty much covers his base vocabulary. thumb up

focus4chumps
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
You forgot to mention the part about purposely derailing threads and the constant, egotistical need to get the last word in.

wait...ddm or quanchi? smile

DARTH POWER

Yeah that was my guess.

The Scenario
Or he hasn't seen or read Watchmen.

Quan doesn't participate in threads with characters he doesn't know.

Silent Master
Originally posted by The Scenario

I'm assuming the above is sarcasm, seeing as he's always debating in threads where he hasn't watched the source material for one of the sides. He has actually been called on it multiple times.

Sadako of Girth
Not that you'd know it from his past debate angles...
Just seemed like a pile of old disproven fallacies/"arguments" from old debates against other posters recycled ad nauseum.

EDIT: Like silent master says.

focus4chumps

unless they are searchable on google or wiki in which case he is instant expert.

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u561/focus4chumps/google-chimp_zpsb2343f46.jpg

The Scenario
I should have specified that was the excuse he always gave me.

Are we sure he doesn't know the source, since it could just be his lowballing and ignoring of things he doesn't like that makes it seem that way.

focus4chumps
I should have specified that was the excuse he always gave me.

Are we sure he doesn't know the source, since it could just be his lowballing and ignoring of things he doesn't like that makes it seem that way.

he is completely ignorant of star trek pre-reboot, yet played the role of furious google-tourist to downplay characters for the sake of new-khan. same for star wars. even reign of fire he kept making up feats for van zan, proving to all he didnt remember much about the film and character he was championing.

Silent Master
Well. he's asked proof of things that should be common knowledge to anyone that watched the movies/TV shows...so either he hasn't seen them or it's just further proof of his trolling.

focus4chumps
it starts out as him trying to win a debate by being a google tourist. when its clear to even himself of what an ass he looks like, he'll proceed to act as if he is just trololo. hardly an uncommon story on the internet, sadly.

KingD19
He also just bashes the person(s) he doesn't want to win the debate.

dadudemon
you sure type a lot of nonsense.

maybe you should just stop lying to people and you wont have to exert yourself so much with all your silly clownish mental gymnastics and word games :O

I apologize that you took offense to that. It was meant as a compliment. People recognize your posting style and applaud your aptitude. You should not feel ashamed. You know what you do.

well maybe we should get back to topic. what do you think?

Liek, ZOMG! Totes black seet mawdding! ROFL ROFL poopyhead clown! Herp the perp with a derpuhattack! dur

dadudemon
Ok, fair enough.

Rinse and repeat.

That sounds like he's a hardcore fanboy using RJ's posting style to follow-up his arguments, really.

That's fair and objective of you to state. TIL The Scenario is not a douche.

Also, all of us are talking about Quanchi, right now. No matter what your opinion, Quanchi has made an impression on all of us. no expression

Silent Master
The impression being that he's a troll, that is hardly a good thing.

dadudemon
In case you missed it on the previous page.

Rinse and repeat.

Ninja'd you. ninja

Edit - Now you ninja'd me. ninja

Silent Master
I noticed, so I editted the post.

dadudemon
I noticed, so I editted the post.

I also noticed you edited your post so I edited my post.

Post-ception!

miymVzEpjR8

TheGodKiller
wait...ddm or quanchi? smile
Quanchi. I've disagreed with ddm in the past, but I never got the feeling that he wanted to intentionally derail threads in his clownish last word games, which is exactly what quan is all about.

focus4chumps
one puts a lot more energy into each insanely irrelevant post while the other just spams idiotic one liners.

Silent Master
The thing with quan is, he thinks that he's getting one over on the board with his trolling...when in reality almost everyone knows he's trolling and only respond because we're killing time, we find it amusing to watch him act like a fool or we just want to see how far into moron-land he'll go to avoid admitting he's wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.