Ben Skywalker, Jaina Solo, and Anakin Solo run a gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Just trying to get a feel on how powerful the 3 of them are. Ehem:

Round 1: Quinlan Vos, Ayala Secura, and K'Kruhk (Clone Wars Era)
Round 2: Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, and Saesee Tiin (Clone Wars Era)
Round 3: Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn, and Cade Skywalker (NJO/Legacy Era)
Round 4: Peaked Revan, Meetra Surik, and Peaked Scourge (TOR Era)
Round 5: Hero of Tython, Barsen'thor, and Revan (TOR Era)

Boss Round: Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, and Kyp Durron (NJO/Legacy Era)

NewGuy01
I myself am doubtful they make it past 3 with my current thoughts on them, but then again, I really know very little about these 3. So how far do they get?

Nephthys
I don't know anything about these guys tbh. From my limited knowledge I'm not seeing them getting past 2.

NewGuy01
Meh, they're Skywalkers. Even if 2 are some pretty ba swordsmen, I don't see them losing this. My mind can be changed with more knowledge on these guys though.

ares834
Stop at 4.

NewGuy01
Srs?

Nephthys
At the least they lose to Cade imo, who's better than any of them. Kyle's at least equal to any of them too. Dunno much about Horn though.

Master Han
Get absolutely annihilated at 3. Some of them probably die at 2, or even 1.

ares834
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Srs?

Yep.

Kyle Katarn seems to be getting vastly over estimated here. We've already seen what happens when he faces a high tier sith lord. He gets demolished. A Sith, I might add, that Jaina was able to hold her own against.

Horn is a minor threat. The guy can easily be tked by any of the team.

Team 3's only hope is Cade. But even he isn't enough to turn the tide.

Nephthys
Bens a smaller threat than Horn imo. How old is he now? Is he old enough the buy beer yet?

Master Han
Originally posted by ares834

Kyle Katarn seems to be getting vastly over estimated here. We've already seen what happens when he faces a high tier sith lord. He gets demolished. A Sith, I might add, that Jaina was able to hold her own against.

Jaina was getting amped by Luke Skywalker, and still lost. Narrations from her PoV have made it clear that, unamped, she can't even compete on remotely the same level as Caedus and Luke, not even in dogfights.

No. Not having TK doesn't mean you don't have Force shields. Corran Horn is more powerful than even Jaina Solo, who has stated that many of the masters are above her.

Kyle Katarn might solo.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bens a smaller threat than Horn imo. How old is he now? Is he old enough the buy beer yet?

Ben was cutting through many Sith during FotJ. Even more impressive, he and Vestera beat one of Abeloth's avatars...

Originally posted by Master Han
Jaina was getting amped by Luke Skywalker, and still lost. Narrations from her PoV have made it clear that, unamped, she can't even compete on remotely the same level as Caedus and Luke, not even in dogfights.

Proof that she was actually amped? Been a while since I read the novel but all I recall is Luke using an illusion to make Jaina look like
Luke.

Regardless, Katarn got his ass kicked by Caedus in seconds despite having help from three Jedi... Not really a good showing.

No. Not having TK doesn't mean you don't have Force shields. Corran Horn is more powerful than even Jaina Solo, who has stated that many of the masters are above her.

Proof that he can block TK.

And, lol, almost every Jedi is humble. Why people continue to use statements about them underestimating their own effectiveness is beyond me.

Kyle Katarn might solo.

Nope. Jaina can take him.

Katarn's only amazing feat was defeating Jerec which involved the use of a one time PIS power.

NewGuy01
I would think Anakin Solo is the weak link here, while Jaina and Ben are the main players.

Also--Jaina was empowered by Luke when fighting Jacen, plus the latter was disabled via SNIPER RIFLE before the fight. And Caedus still had the edge for most of the fight, then Jaina went all one-ness shit and beat him.

And Katarn is NOT soloing. I myself have doubts that he could defeat Jaina himself.

Nephthys
Judging by their respective displays against Caedus I'd say he's above her.

ares834
Once again, where is it mentioned that Luke was empowering Jaina in the novel?

Sure, she was drawing more heavily on the force than ever before but that alone does not suggest Luke was boosting her.

NewGuy01

Maybe.

Nephthys
I can't remember if Luke was empowering her or fvcking with Caedus but I'm positive he was doing something in that fight.

ares834

How?

In the first fight, Jaina actually manages to get some good hits on Jacen and she is by herself. Yes, Jacen was injured before hand by Jaina. But she at least put up a great fight against him and even managed to cut off an arm.

Kyle just got his ass kicked.

I can't remember if Luke was empowering her or fvcking with Caedus but I'm positive he was doing something in that fight.

He placed an illusion around Jaina to make her appear that she was Luke. That's all I recall.

Taay'hai
I don't like any of the characters running the gauntlet. Even moreso do I DISLIKE them.

Q99
Didn't Kyle lose to Caedus, not in strait sabers, but due to a speeder being crashed at him or something like that? Caedus iirc was worried about facing him.

And Kyle's also even with Mara Jade Skywalker, who gave Caedus a hell of a fight.

At the least they lose to Cade imo, who's better than any of them. Kyle's at least equal to any of them too. Dunno much about Horn though.

Horn's one of the strongest badasses of the NJO too. He lacks TK but is a clever fighter with top-tier energy absorptions and illusions, and was a top candidate for Grand Master.

Horn's in the top-3 non-Skywalkers (along with Kyle and Saba. Kyle being strongest of the three).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.