SA Superboy Vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SB_zpsaba18d5d.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SBP_zps01385f39.jpg

Galan007
I know Prime was supposedly unaffected by the Crisis, but even his most ridiculous feats are still utterly insignificant when compared to a those of a real Silver Age Kryptonian.

SA Superboy stomps.

TheGodKiller
Prime wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
I know Prime was supposedly unaffected by the Crisis
Was this stated on panel?

As to the thread, I'm still sticking with Prime.

Golgo13
What are your reasoning for prime?

abhilegend
Superboy stomps this wannabe.

Villelater
oh yes the Non-senseable planet chain feat...boy o boy is that some Anti-science there

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superboy stomps this wannabe. thumb up

abhilegend
Seriously, anybody who has read any Superboy stories from SA can't give prime win here. That planet pulling isn't even his best feat.

Galan007
Exactly.

Like I said in my first post: Prime's best feats don't hold a candle to SA Superboy's best.

Heck, even that planet-pulling feat in the OP is vastly more impressive than anything Prime has done.

Golgo13
Exactly.

Like I said in my first post: Prime's best feats don't hold a candle to SA Superboy's best.

Heck, even that planet-pulling feat in the OP is vastly more impressive than anything Prime has done.

Didn't SA Superboy at one point have TRUE invulnerability? Like Golden Age Captain Marvel?

Khazra Reborn
Aren't SA Superboy and Prime the same person?

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
Didn't SA Superboy at one point have TRUE invulnerability? Like Golden Age Captain Marvel? No.

Never.Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Aren't SA Superboy and Prime the same person? No.

Khazra Reborn
You sure? I thought SA Superboy went into the pocket dimension with Luthor at the end of CoIE, and later reappeared during IC. It was my understanding that they only started calling him Prime because Connor Kent took the moniker of Superboy.

Galan007
Don't argue with Mindset, bro. That homo knows his comics.

Digi
I'd like to hear the full explanation. The Superboy continuity is tricky.

LordofBrooklyn
Superboy Prime is from a different universe than the Silver Age Superboy.

Uriel005
Exactly.

Heck, even that planet-pulling feat in the OP is vastly more impressive than anything Prime has done. to be fair not so much. Prime trolled the shit out of Oa when he moved the rest of the universe to shift them from its center.

Galan007
Prime moved individual planets, sure(several characters have done that.) However, he never pulled a dozen+ planets behind him casually.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Villelater
oh yes the Non-senseable planet chain feat...boy o boy is that some Anti-science there

Quiet you!

Silver Age science is infallible! mad

Uriel005
Prime moved individual planets, sure(several characters have done that.) However, he never pulled a dozen+ planets behind him casually. actually he shifted more than a few. Not saying he wins but to say that he doesn't have a better feat than the chain planets was a bit much imo.

ODG
^ Galan007 was being completely accurate by saying that Superboy Prime has no feat that even comes close to toting around dozens of planets simultaneously. Because that's an accurate fact. Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
You sure? I thought SA Superboy went into the pocket dimension with Luthor at the end of CoIE, and later reappeared during IC. It was my understanding that they only started calling him Prime because Connor Kent took the moniker of Superboy. lol, no

Mindset
Originally posted by Uriel005
actually he shifted more than a few. Not saying he wins but to say that he doesn't have a better feat than the chain planets was a bit much imo. He doesn't.

He moved planets one at a time.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
He doesn't.

He moved planets one at a time. Exactly.

Prime may have pushed a bunch of planets around one at a time, but he never moved a dozen+ planets at the same time.

SA Superboy shits on Prime in that regard.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by ODG
^ Galan007 was being completely accurate by saying that Superboy Prime has no feat that even comes close to toting around dozens of planets simultaneously. Because that's an accurate fact. lol, no

Well then, care to enlighten?

DarkSaint85
SA Superboy grew up on Earth One to become Superman.

SBP was from Earth Prime.

IIRC.

Sundipped
@ khazra Do you really need a explanation? Seriously?

ODG
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Well then, care to enlighten? See above.

Khazra Reborn
I do. Explain away.

ODG
Originally posted by Sundipped
@ khazra Do you really need a explanation? Seriously?

Khazra Reborn
I do. Explain away.

ODG
^ The following should address all your assertions: Originally posted by Mindset
He doesn't.

He moved planets one at a time. Originally posted by Galan007
Exactly.

Prime may have pushed a bunch of planets around one at a time, but he never moved a dozen+ planets at the same time.

SA Superboy shits on Prime in that regard. Originally posted by DarkSaint85

IIRC.

Galan007
SA Superboy shits on Prime in the speed department as well.

Here Superboy flies trillions of miles in a matter of seconds:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/pc1bc4.jpg/
Even if we assume "trillionS of miles"=2 trillion, and "in seconds"=1 minute, Superboy was still moving roughly 180,000x the speed of light in that scene(mind you, that is most likely an extreme underestimation.)

Prime is powerful, but he isn't remotely close to Silver Age powerful. Very few(if any) characters are these days; and for good reason-- Silver Age feats are retarded.

Khazra Reborn
It doesn't. It addresses a different level of showing, which is mainly due to being from different eras in comics, it doesn't address anything in terms of continuity.

ODG
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

IIRC. Originally posted by DarkSaint85

IIRC. Not sure how often this needs to be repeated further. Another four times seems a safe bet.

Khazra Reborn
Before we take this any further, are you talking about PC teenage Kal, or the PC character Superboy who didn't make his first appearance until DC Comics Presents 87?

ODG
Before we take this any further, are you talking about PC teenage Kal, or the PC character Superboy who didn't make his first appearance until DC Comics Presents 87? Best to figure out who you're talking about.

In this thread, SA Superboy is a teenage Kal-El from Earth-1. And Superboy Prime is the snot-nosed brat who came from Earth-Prime and ended up returning in Infinite Crisis.

Khazra Reborn
K. Well never mind then, I'm talking about PC Superboy, who made his first appearance in DC Comics Presents, who is in fact the same guy as Prime but simply went by Superboy back then.

ODG
K. Well never mind then, I'm talking about PC Superboy, who made his first appearance in DC Comics Presents, who is in fact the same guy as Prime but simply went by Superboy back then. Who pretty much did nothing until Crisis on Infinite Earths, came back during Infinite Crisis, and has no feats that even come close to toting around dozens of planets simultaneously.

Like Galan007 and Mindset said before.

Khazra Reborn
Actually... I'm pretty sure the one who toted around the planets was Prime. IIRC he was the one who played a big role in CoIE, not teenage Kal.

Galan007
Aside from the glaring differences pointed out by ODG(and others), Superboy Prime--the guy who later appeared in IC/SCW--didn't make his first official appearance until DC Comics Presents #87, released in 1985. The planet-towing feat occurred in Superboy v1 #140, released in 1967.

ie. Prime wasn't even a twinkle in DC's eye back when SA Superboy was casually towing dozens of planets across galactic distances, and flying several hundred thousand times the speed of light.

Simple, no?

Golgo13
SA Superboy shits on Prime in the speed department as well.

Here Superboy flies trillions of miles in a matter of seconds:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/pc1bc4.jpg/
Even if we assume "trillionS of miles"=2 trillion, and "in seconds"=1 minute, Superboy was still moving roughly 180,000x the speed of light in that scene(mind you, that is most likely an extreme underestimation.)

Prime is powerful, but he isn't remotely close to Silver Age powerful. Very few(if any) characters are these days; and for good reason-- Silver Age feats are retarded.

Which characters today come close?

Galan007
Which characters today come close? http://i.imgur.com/umFxA2F.jpg

DarkSaint85
Oh lawd.

Right, typing on my phone, excuse the spelling mistakes.

SBP comes from Earth Prime. Hence, the Prime part of his name. In his universe, he is the ONLY superhero. There's no Kryptonite either.

These last two facts, mean that if you see a Superboy from before the Crisis interacting with other heroes native to his universe, or being affected by Kryptonite, its a safe bet he's NOT SBP.

SA Superboy is from Earth 1, not Earth Prime. He later grows up to become Superman from earth 1.

DarkSaint85
Which characters today come close?

Lobo when he crunched that city and ate it is the closest I could think of off the top of my head.

Mindset
Actually... I'm pretty sure the one who toted around the planets was Prime. IIRC he was the one who played a big role in CoIE, not teenage Kal. Originally posted by Mindset
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/comeon.png

ODG
^ thumb up Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from the glaring differences pointed out by ODG(and others), Superboy Prime--the guy who later appeared in IC/SCW--didn't make his first official appearance until DC Comics Presents #87, released in 1985. The planet-towing feat occurred in Superboy v1 #140, released in 1967.

ie. Prime wasn't even a twinkle in DC's eye back when SA Superboy was casually towing dozens of planets across galactic distances, and flying several hundred thousand times the speed of light.

Simple, no? thumb up thumb up Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Oh lawd.

Right, typing on my phone, excuse the spelling mistakes.

SBP comes from Earth Prime. Hence, the Prime part of his name. In his universe, he is the ONLY superhero. There's no Kryptonite either.

These last two facts, mean that if you see a Superboy from before the Crisis interacting with other heroes native to his universe, or being affected by Kryptonite, its a safe bet he's NOT SBP.

SA Superboy is from Earth 1, not Earth Prime. He later grows up to become Superman from earth 1. thumb up thumb up thumb up

leonidas
/thread

abhilegend
Originally posted by abhilegend
Scans many lightyears in milliseconds searching for his parents

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Pre-crisis/th_Superboyv1158-04.jpg
A minor speed feat for Superboy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.