the thing vs Solomon Grundy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

iscaremonkeys
To KO WHO WOULD WIN
No help from injustice gang or FF
No outsmarting grundy

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj615/Silverager1969/ThingandSolomonGrundy.jpg
im going with grundy.

pym-ftw
Grundy, spite

LeonBuco666
No outsmarting grundy? Lulz
grundy spite

DarkSaint85
Poor Ben.

iscaremonkeys
I agree grundy but Spite?
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
No outsmarting grundy? Lulz grundy is the only one I can think of that would get outsmarted buy bizzaro....do you know how dumb bizarro is ?

LeonBuco666
I know i just thought it was funny is all

iscaremonkeys
I know i just thought it was funny is all no I just wanted you to know that bizzaro could out smart him.................................................that's sad

LeonBuco666
I knew that all ready wtf are you talking about "thats sad" how am i sad? I thought that "grundy cannot be outsmarted" is a funny stipulation

Stoic
Taking Ben's tactical advantage away is pretty crappy because he often wins his fights do to his tactical know how, especially when doing battle with a superior force. However this would also depend on the version of Grundy that he would be facing. Certain version would one shot Ben while other would be taken down with supreme effort to no effort at all.

Eternal Idol
Grundy threads suck because it almost always comes down to the version of Grundy being used.

When the thread is Grundy vs. another top-tier brick, it's usually assumed it's peak-Grundy.

When the thread is Grundy vs. a top-level martial artist, then you have quite a few people give the street-level guy the benefit of a doubt by using the version of Grundy that Batman beat up on.

Stoic
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Grundy threads suck because it almost always comes down to the version of Grundy being used.

When the thread is Grundy vs. another top-tier brick, it's usually assumed it's peak-Grundy.

When the thread is Grundy vs. a top-level martial artist, then you have quite a few people give the street-level guy the benefit of a doubt by using the version of Grundy that Batman beat up on.

Wasn't peak Grundy being amplified by an outside source?

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Stoic
Wasn't peak Grundy being amplified by an outside source?
Not a clue. I don't read much DC outside of the scans posted here on KMC.

Stoic
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Not a clue. I don't read much DC outside of the scans posted here on KMC.

Grundy's power levels are one of the most suspect out of all of the characters in comics, so as much as you might hate to read "Depends on what version of Grundy this is", it may be something that you will have to get used to. he's just one of those guys, that's rarely on the same level.

Eternal Idol
Yeah. It would help a lot if the versions were specified in the opening posts.

So, I guess the right answer here is

High-level Grundy > Thing > Low-level Grundy

Golgo13
DCnU Grundy wins. Pre-Flashpoint wins.

Tony Stark
Ben > any Grundy

iceman24567
Grundy stomps super spite

Cogito
While Grundy varies from team-buster to...significantly less...is there even a version that wouldn't beat Ben?

deathslash
Originally posted by Cogito
While Grundy varies from team-buster to...significantly less...is there even a version that wouldn't beat Ben? the version that batman beats

DarkSaint85
The one from Long Halloween.

LeonBuco666
The one who.........um........uhh...........shit! **** it!
The one who is weaker than the thing........yeah, top answer right there

iscaremonkeys
I knew that all ready wtf are you talking about "thats sad" how am i sad? I thought that "grundy cannot be outsmarted" is a funny stipulation no your not sad. Grundy's stupidity is sad

Bentley
No outsmarting Grundy? Heart-force ftw.

Branlor Swift
Is there any factual proof that Grundy actually fluctuates?

Outside Batman beating him so therefore he must be negative pussylips in power

leonidas
^ well, we've seen him have different personalities, different levels of intelligence, i've seen him show strength that certainly appeared to exceed superman's but lots of appearances where he seemed considerably weaker as well. not sure if it has been specifically stated to change on panel, but i've always thought that his power really did fluctuate as he was resurrected. shrug

curryman
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Outside Batman beating him so therefore he must be negative pussylips in power

Starman comics.

RedX1852
In a good Slugfest i think Thing takes this i mean he has the durability and strength to go Toe to Toe with the hulk and Fights better than the Hulk he knows Boxing so he will stick and weave and eventually KO Grundy on the other hand Grundy has Ko'ed Supes so i might be tough for Ben

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by RedX1852
In a good Slugfest i think Thing takes this i mean he has the durability and strength to go Toe to Toe with the hulk and Fights better than the Hulk

No.

RedX1852
hey its a good fight but Thing has a Chance. Gimme more reasons besides saying No wheres them Feats

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
^ well, we've seen him have different personalities, different levels of intelligence, i've seen him show strength that certainly appeared to exceed superman's but lots of appearances where he seemed considerably weaker as well. not sure if it has been specifically stated to change on panel, but i've always thought that his power really did fluctuate as he was resurrected. shrug

You could say the same for Gorilla Grodd stick out tongue

This must appear in a comicbook or at least a databook, I refuse to believe Grundy is a forum myth erm

DarkSaint85
hey its a good fight but Thing has a Chance. Gimme more reasons besides saying No wheres them Feats

I was saying no to your assertion that Thing has the strength and durability to go toe to toe with the Hulk.

Or have you forgotten World War Hulk?

RedX1852
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I was saying no to your assertion that Thing has the strength and durability to go toe to toe with the Hulk.

Or have you forgotten World War Hulk?

oh Yeah but didn't Ghost Rider run Circles around WWHulk and i said he has the strength to dish it out with the Hulk, that doesn't mean he would win but yeah i Agree WWH is a Train

Warlord
Ben has a chance with the lesser apearances of Grundy

RedX1852
Originally posted by Warlord
Ben has a chance with the lesser appearances of Grundy
I agree other than that The Undead Team Wrecker eventually wins

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The one from Long Halloween.

In other words, Loeb's version... because it happened in Public Enemies, too.

iscaremonkeys
In a good Slugfest i think Thing takes this i mean he has the durability and strength to go Toe to Toe with the hulk and Fights better than the Hulk
all these comics.........hulk won
http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/comic_coverage/images/2008/02/19/hulk_vs_thing_lg.jpg

Tony Stark
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
all these comics.........hulk won
http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/comic_coverage/images/2008/02/19/hulk_vs_thing_lg.jpg

NOT true

Golgo13
Originally posted by Warlord
Ben has a chance with the lesser apearances of Grundy

The NEW Grundy is pretty damn formidable as avatar of Grey.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

Outside Batman beating him so therefore he must be negative pussylips in power Actually yes there is. IIRC batman actually mentions on panel that every time Cyrus returns from the swamp he's not sure what he'll actually be dealing with. You kind of have to treat every incarnation of Grundy as an independent character. There have been times where he's worked for the justice league, IIRC there was an arc with superman where he mentions Grundy being noticeably weaker. I'll try to dig up the scans but don't hold your breath I was never the biggest Grundy follower. The batman comment should be late 80s though.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Tony Stark
NOT true what some were stalemates? to my knowledge of the hulk Thing has never beaten SAVAGE HULK....I think he beat grey hulk once but he was mutated

quanchi112
Grundy wins.

Golgo13
Thing owns Grundy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
Thing owns Grundy. So predictable.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
So predictable.

I agree that his joke is getting old at this point.

iscaremonkeys
ok now here are some thing feats not to count him out since some people are going straight to grundy
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2723633-ff_v1_095_07.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2723634-ff_v1_095_08.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2819949-fantasticfour_3_thegroup_017.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/118689/2819949-fantasticfour_3_thegroup_018.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.