Sentry Vs Blue Marvel Vs Gladiator Vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..

Rank them in the order they finish in this fight..
1st being your winner, 4th being your last place..

Gladiator

Vs

Hyperion

Vs

Blue Marvel

Vs

Sentry

pym-ftw
On average

BM
Hype
Glads
Sentry

At best

Sentry
BM
Hype
Glads.

dial J for Josh
Which version of Sentry and Hyperion are you using? This is the deciding factor of the thread.

Supermex
Kool kool

Supermex
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Which version of Sentry and Hyperion are you using? This is the deciding factor of the thread.

Useing
Current Avenger Now Hyperion
Sentry from New Avengers

Mshinu
SENTRY
Blue Marvel
Hyperion/Gladiator

8swords
why is gladiator doing here?

Warlord
why is blue marvel above Glads?

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by 8swords
why is gladiator doing here? To hold the universe up while the other 3 are gettin down.

Tornatic
Originally posted by Warlord
why is blue marvel above Glads? Smh why not BM is powerful enough to take him out!

Warlord
I don't put him above Glads unless there are any new feats that i'm missing. More or less same tier

LeonBuco666
On average BM would beat hyperion, just like he fought the avenger and the sentry, even after sentry took him from behind. They went blow for blow and sentry even stated at that time of course that BM is the only person he can let go with

Warlord
it was in his own limited series comic and an one off apearance. of course he would come out as uber powerful. Hyperion has survived the destruction of two planets colapsing together. Nothing suggests BM can produce this kind of forcce. In any case now that BM is going to be a regular team memeber do not be surprised if he gets silly KOs from street levelers for the shake of the story. Bottom line years of Glads feats should not be bypassed by a six issue apearance. He seems to be in their tier but not easilly above as people make it to be

zopzop
Originally posted by Warlord
why is blue marvel above Glads?
BM humiliated WM, Ares, and Sentry and this was after fighting Anti-Man.

LeonBuco666
Is anyone here on ps3?

guy222
Sentry

Tony Stark
SENTRY>Hyperion>Blue Marvel>Gladiator

tkitna
Originally posted by zopzop
BM humiliated WM, Ares, and Sentry and this was after fighting Anti-Man.

If you mean humiliated by getting KO'd, I agree.

tkitna
Originally posted by Tony Stark
SENTRY>Hyperion>Blue Marvel>Gladiator

This is correct.

Insane Titan
Gladiator is the weakest by far

Daredevil1
Blue Marvel

Tony Stark
Originally posted by tkitna
This is correct.

Happy Dance

WhiteWitchKing
Sentry>Gladiator>Hyperion>Blue Marvel.

Gladiator already beat Hyperion. He made Wonder Man look foolish in their fight. He was literally running circles around Masterson Thor.

zopzop
If you mean humiliated by getting KO'd, I agree.
No by humiliated I mean just that. BM had just finished taking on Anti-Man when the Avengers jumped him. Sentry plus a TEAM of Avengers couldn't handle BM. Sentry had to dive bomb him from orbit when BM wasn't paying attention to put him down. And even then Sentry needed help getting to his feet from his TEAMmates.
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

Gladiator already beat Hyperion. He made Wonder Man look foolish in their fight. He was literally running circles around Masterson Thor.
Gladiator beat Hyperion because a) Hyperion only recently recovered use of his eyes (he was BLIND for a prolonged period of time) and b) Hyperion had little experience going H2H with opponents his level. It was all explained by Gruenwald on panel :
http://s10.postimg.org/tp79s7akl/1489354_hyp3.jpg http://s10.postimg.org/q6v9vt9ol/gladiatorvshyperion053gh.jpg

Going by on panel evidence its BM>>Gladiator=Classic Hyperion. Sentry is all over the place power wise. Sometimes he can man handle mid heralds like Terrax, other times he can't even deal with Hercules despite his team helping him.

Also, unless I'm mistaken Current Hyperion isn't Classic Hyperion. Aren't they from different universes?

Tony Stark

That wasn't the current Hyperion who is tiers higher than that one.

tkitna
No by humiliated I mean just that. BM had just finished taking on Anti-Man when the Avengers jumped him. Sentry plus a TEAM of Avengers couldn't handle BM. Sentry had to dive bomb him from orbit when BM wasn't paying attention to put him down. And even then Sentry needed help getting to his feet from his TEAMmates.

I've read to comic. Sentry got punched into orbit (this board says that was a KO, but I still have a hard time accepting a guy with his eyes still open and arm movements as being that) and he dive bombed BM to end the fight. Sentry needed help to his feet due to the force of the dive bomb and how hard he hit BM.

Sentry and a group of Avengers couldnt handle BM? They did just that actually. If I remember correctly, who was carried off the battle field? Hint, it wasnt Sentry or the Avengers.

When you use the word humiliate, shouldnt that character at least have won the fight your referring to? I like BM, but he isnt beating a no nonsense Sentry.

zopzop
I've read to comic. Sentry got punched into orbit (this board says that was a KO, but I still have a hard time accepting a guy with his eyes still open and arm movements as being that) and he dive bombed BM to end the fight. Sentry needed help to his feet due to the force of the dive bomb and how hard he hit BM.

Sentry and a group of Avengers couldnt handle BM? They did just that actually. If I remember correctly, who was carried off the battle field? Hint, it wasnt Sentry or the Avengers.

When you use the word humiliate, shouldnt that character at least have won the fight your referring to? I like BM, but he isnt beating a no nonsense Sentry.
The point is, Sentry has a TEAM backing him up when he took on BM and they still almost lost. He wasn't even interested in fighting them. They picked the fight and he was trying to reason with them.

If BM wasn't playing around with IM, Ares, and WM after he put Sentry's @$$ in orbit, he could have pressed his advantage and finished Sentry off, period.

And regarding a "no nonsense" Sentry, wasn't he being made an absolute fool of by Hercules (and again Sentry had help). To me that showing is suspect, but board consensus is that it's valid. So yeah.

curryman
Lot of help Sentry received against Hercules.

Venom who tried to bite him..

zopzop
Originally posted by curryman
Lot of help Sentry received against Hercules.

Venom who tried to bite him..
Tell me how easy it is to fight an opponent when you got some guy clinging all up on you and biting your head and generally being a pest.

Hercules was playing around and he made a fool of a "serious" Sentry despite having Venom and crew pestering him (and according to forum consensus this is a valid showing).

the Darkone

Gladiator beat Hyperion because a) Hyperion only recently recovered use of his eyes (he was BLIND for a prolonged period of time) and b) Hyperion had little experience going H2H with opponents his level. It was all explained by Gruenwald on panel :
http://s10.postimg.org/tp79s7akl/1489354_hyp3.jpg http://s10.postimg.org/q6v9vt9ol/gladiatorvshyperion053gh.jpg

Going by on panel evidence its BM>>Gladiator=Classic Hyperion. Sentry is all over the place power wise. Sometimes he can man handle mid heralds like Terrax, other times he can't even deal with Hercules despite his team helping him.

Also, unless I'm mistaken Current Hyperion isn't Classic Hyperion. Aren't they from different universes?

Different Hyperion's, current one is from another universe Earth-13034 as where classic is from Earth S/712 but share the same powers and the new seems stronger than classic.

If Marvel want to press it with current Hyperion they can go into his Eternals abilities since Hyperion is a more powerful version of Ikaris and still develop Blue Marvel and bring in Marcile Man/Marvel Man.

I want to say Hyperion but I need to see more from him and Blue Marvel; but I still pick Hyperion over headcase Sentry.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by the Darkone
Different Hyperion's, current one is from another universe Earth-13034 as where classic is from Earth S/712 but share the same powers and the new seems stronger than classic.

If Marvel want to press it with current Hyperion they can go into his Eternals abilities since Hyperion is a more powerful version of Ikaris and still develop Blue Marvel and bring in Marcile Man/Marvel Man.

I want to say Hyperion but I need to see more from him and Blue Marvel; but I still pick Hyperion over headcase Sentry.

But, of course you would... roll eyes (sarcastic)

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Supermex
Useing
Current Avenger Now Hyperion
Sentry from New Avengers

In this case then it's Sentry, Hyperion, Blue Marvel, then Gladiator.

Nope, this is a completely different Hyperion which is being written as the superior to his predecessors, and I am really confident that this newer incarnation of him will be better than Glads as much as I like him. Also Blue Marvel is a wild card since he hasn't had many appearances, which is why I am excited that they brought him back so we can see what he is really made of. He definitely went out with a bang and left his mark with the few amazing feats that he's had.

ODG
Tell me how easy it is to fight an opponent when you got some guy clinging all up on you and biting your head and generally being a pest.

Hercules was playing around and he made a fool of a "serious" Sentry despite having Venom and crew pestering him (and according to forum consensus this is a valid showing). World War Hulk nearly splattered Hercules with a few hits in seconds. Sentry fought World War Hulk's fists with his face for an issue, and still managed to burn him out.

Have some perspective, for goodness sake.

tkitna
The point is, Sentry has a TEAM backing him up when he took on BM and they still almost lost. He wasn't even interested in fighting them. They picked the fight and he was trying to reason with them.

Are you actually thinking that the Avengers (minus Sentry) had anything to do with that fight? They were fodder. To think they had a chance of swaying the outcome is ludicrous.

Yeah, whatever, they were no factors in that fight. Kind of like the Collective and Ultron.

If your even using the Hercules showing as an example, you really dont know the character at all. Like I said, a no BS'ing Sentry would destroy BM.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sentry is more powerful then the all the others put together at his higher levels.

Anyways, Sentry > Blue Marvel =/> Gladiator = Hyperion in regards to pure power.

tkitna

The point is, the team was no more than an annoyance. You act as if they had any input into the outcome. They did what they always did when it comes to Sentry, they took a knee while he was fighting. To act like the other Avengers had anything to do with that fight is absurd.

So BM couldnt have left the battlefield because the other characters prevented him? That doesnt look good on his account. Anyways, he's really lucky he got the lowest tier Sentry during that fight and not one the really wanted to win, but thats what your going to get when its your own book. It was a nice showing for BM all though he lost.

Do you really take the Hercules encounter as something serious? It was comic relief when they got together. Heck, Bob didnt even want to fight him in the first place. If your hanging onto the Hercules example, your grasping at straws. Why dont you bring up the Genis, Collective, WWH, or Terrax examples? You know, the examples in which Hercules could never perform.

basilisk
Yeah, at his best (not including Void) Sentry was above all the other 3. His power levels varied a LOT and sometimes he would get handled by guys definitely below him. But at his confident best he takes it.

It's also hard to judge where Hyperion stands because this new version is different to the crappy pretender who fought BM.

Unfortunately Gladiator has been watered down IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.