Swordsmen vs Titans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AuraAngel
Various swordsmen get together to take on the titular Titans in Attack on Titan! They pair up against their opponents like this!

Cloud vs Colossal Titan(60 meters tall)
Link(SS) vs Armored Titan(15 meters tall and as the name would suggest covered in armor)
Black*Star vs Female Titan(14 meters tall and can crystallize parts of her body)
Meta Knight vs Rouge Titan(15 meters tall but nothing special)

The characters each fight one on one. For simplicity they are only allowed a sword(Tsubaki can't untransform and neither can Fi) and a single normal weapon/spell if they have them(up to the posters but by normal I mean nothing super special like KotR which would be cheap). To counter that they are given the only known weakness of the Titans(the back of the neck). To counter that the Titans are aware of the characters so they can't sneak up on them.

Fight takes place in jolly ol' London England. Which team takes it? Who ultimately lives and dies?

Note: Experimental thread to see where AoT characters stand in terms of power and to spread the word of this neato show. Not intentionally spite(if it is one).

Wei Phoenix
They should all win against the titans. From what I've seen haven't trained humans and a couple peak humans (the girl that's Eren's) friend kill them?

AuraAngel
Yes but they do have gear that allows them to maneuver around the battlefield more easily than normal humans. And these titans are considerably more special. Only one human could really fight them and his advantage is simply being much shorter than others.

In Attack on Titan being a taller human actually has its disadvantages.

Sacred 117
I haven't seen AoT, but I'm kind of aware of how it works. This seems something Cloud and Link are especially accustomed to, so they have no problems whatsoever. I don't really know anything about Meta Knight, and I don't know who Black*Star is at all.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I haven't seen AoT, but I'm kind of aware of how it works. This seems something Cloud and Link are especially accustomed to, so they have no problems whatsoever. I don't really know anything about Meta Knight, and I don't know who Black Star is at all.

Well I don't know about Link but I don't think Cloud or any of them for that matter is accustomed to a fight like this, the titans are massive hulking beasts with immense strength, hell they'd easily kill any of their opponents if they got their hands on them. I haven't seen all of it, but from what I have seen I believe the female one has the best chance at winning.

Sacred 117
Cloud and Link fight well beyond their physical class all the time. Sure, it's not the EXACT same thing, but it's not exactly new to them. Both should definitely win their fights without little to no trouble. It's the other two I need to be informed of.

ScreamPaste
Well, now I have to watch AoT. ****ing KMC.

Wei Phoenix
The titans from my experience though Angel's opinion carries more weight than mine but they're very generic sure, most of them are just giant immensely strong babies, but they're also fast and some like the female are fully cognate. She'll guard her neck anytime someone gets behind her. After thinking about it they're so generic that they may stand more of a chance than I originally thought. I don't even think a Titan would notice Meta Knight until it's too late though. I know Angel said that they are aware of him but he's so small in comparison that they wouldn't be able to follow him.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste

It's a good series.

AuraAngel
All the titans in this thread are very intelligent. The normal titans are the dumb ones but these guys are special. Cause they're human.

Prepare to be bombarded with hilarity.

Yamcha
Cloud isn't really an idiot and is far faster I'd say, while the Colossal Titan is one of my favs especially the wrestling dive from the top rope..err wall, onto Eren was sick I still think Cloud could outmaneuver him and cleave a win. I don't really see his fire proving as too much of a hassle for Cloud if he plays it smart.

With Link I'd totally give him the dual hookshot here which I could definitely see working a bit like the gear they use to move around to face the titans only Link won't have the draw back of running out of gas, the armored Titan is a beast though with his defenses but I feel Link can pull a win through sheer experience and the fact fighting big monsters isn't too new to him

Now I don't follow Soul Eater that closely but from what I've saw Black Star is kind of an idiot and charges in sometimes too all hot headed like, against probably the smartest Titan here combat wise? Not the best idea, and I don't see Black star having the durability to survive a good crush from her. I'd say she takes this by him probably inflicting a wound then running in all confident just for her to make the nape of her neck diamond hard again and then during Black Stars confusion grabbing him.

Meta Knight can totally take the normal titan I'm pretty sure, that dudes sword skills were ridiculous lol. His sword and cape are all he needs, I'd say his chivalry could be a downfall like if he saw someone in danger of dying in London I could see him moving to save them but I'd be willing to say he has the best reaction time here so he'd vanish and be all up on the nape without even so much as getting hit in my opinion.

Sacred 117

Yeah. That's basically how it is. haermm

Originally posted by Yamcha
Cloud isn't really an idiot and is far faster I'd say, while the Colossal Titan is one of my favs especially the wrestling dive from the top rope..err wall, onto Eren was sick I still think Cloud could outmaneuver him and cleave a win. I don't really see his fire proving as too much of a hassle for Cloud if he plays it smart.

With Link I'd totally give him the dual hookshot here which I could definitely see working a bit like the gear they use to move around to face the titans only Link won't have the draw back of running out of gas, the armored Titan is a beast though with his defenses but I feel Link can pull a win through sheer experience and the fact fighting big monsters isn't too new to him

Now I don't follow Soul Eater that closely but from what I've saw Black Star is kind of an idiot and charges in sometimes too all hot headed like, against probably the smartest Titan here combat wise? Not the best idea, and I don't see Black star having the durability to survive a good crush from her. I'd say she takes this by him probably inflicting a wound then running in all confident just for her to make the nape of her neck diamond hard again and then during Black Stars confusion grabbing him.

Meta Knight can totally take the normal titan I'm pretty sure, that dudes sword skills were ridiculous lol. His sword and cape are all he needs, I'd say his chivalry could be a downfall like if he saw someone in danger of dying in London I could see him moving to save them but I'd be willing to say he has the best reaction time here so he'd vanish and be all up on the nape without even so much as getting hit in my opinion.

Damn. Only 3 for 4? F**king Black*Star! Well, whatevs. At least Swordsmen take majority. Figures that Link would outperform everyone else. big grin

Q99
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
They should all win against the titans. From what I've seen haven't trained humans and a couple peak humans (the girl that's Eren's) friend kill them?

What they actually manage is fairly superhuman. They're supposed to be 'normal human'... but I've seen Levi called a human beyblade! He's a buzzsaw of death.

That said, the entire list is quite superhuman and awesome in their skills and often equipment.

Colossal, while big, is also the least mobile, and should be easy for Cloud, who really doesn't have to worry about being hit in return. Easiest of all four fights.

Female's fastest and most skilled of all the Titans, but BlackStar is faster even than Levi, who's able to avoid her.

The one with the biggest problem would be Link, who will have the challenge of getting up to the nape of the neck (lacking a good way to do so at high speed), and with the additional challenge of facing the armored one.

Metaknight, can use his cape to freeze the Rogue Titan and then go for the neck. Plus, he can fly. Though I don't think he's as fast as Star or Cloud, so he will have to worry about the Titan's major strength possibly connecting. Second hardest.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Yamcha

This is a good assessment, Yamcha. thumb up

I don't know about size comparison, but if the Colossal Titan is anywhere in the same range as Bahamut from AC, Cloud might actually have some trouble. He needed his friends to get within striking range of the summon, and Midgard has buildings even taller than London. Then again, I'm assuming this Titan doesn't have wings, either, so it might not be so bad. Either way chances are good of Cloud being able to win this, but he'll need to put some effort.

Link's the perfect character for a matchup like this, really; he's got the skills, the gear, and I'm sure having a spell couldn't hurt, but he'll probably have the easiest time of it, even with the armored Titan as his opponent. Link's certainly no stranger to dealing with tough enemies.

I've been catching up on the series recently myself, so I've got a pretty good understanding of how Black*Star operates, and you're spot on here. He's a complete and total Narutard (yeah, going there) who won't take this fight as seriously as he needs to before it's too late. He's the strongest of the team in his series, and the most arrogant; that'll kill him and Tsubaki in this instance.

Meta Knight's top tier. Scream knows. He'll tornado that Titan to the edge so hard and just gimp him off stage. No contest.

ScreamPaste
Cloud might have trouble, the explosive AoE from the Collossal titan's attacks could catch him and if it does a second hit is bound to **** him up irrepairably if he doesn't recover in time. Barring this he should be able to win because he is much faster and is strong enough to cut right through the titan.

I have only seen a single appearance of the armoured titan, what I have seen makes him seem like a larger, less powerful Ghirahim. Based on that Link should crush him, but I'll wait until I see more.

Don't know anything about Black Star or the 'Rouge Titan'. Rogue Titan? Haven't seen it yet, either.

AuraAngel
You'll recognize the rogue Titan as the one who has no interest in killing humans. And the Armored Titan has more showings in the manga(such as throwing other titans).

Nephthys
Black*Star and Cloud should switch since Black*Star far outclasses Cloud and is a better match for the Collosal Titan.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by AuraAngel
manga.

Nope.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif
I draw the line at reading right to left. Scans?

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
Black*Star and Cloud should switch since Black*Star far outclasses Cloud and is a better match for the Collosal Titan.

In all honesty the Colossal Titan is weaker than the Female Titan lol.

Nope.

Long story short he can wrestle with the Rogue Titan who is really really strong and stuff. And his armor has very few weak points. He can also take blows from the Colossal Titan.

ScreamPaste
Eren?

Blows? Scans! D=<

XanatosForever
Nope.

You say that now...

haermm That gif is amazing.

AuraAngel
Eren?

Blows? Scans! D=<

Si. The only reason I'm spoiling it is out of respect. It is very clear that he is the rogue titan by episode 7 or so.

http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/44/44

60 Meter Body Press! And from 50 meters up lol.

And note that he is also being held by another titan and ultimately gets sandwiched between them. It was enough to knock the other titan out but the Armored Titan got up running right afterwards. All the humans nearby were knocked out.

ScreamPaste
Si. The only reason I'm spoiling it is out of respect. It is very clear that he is the rogue titan by episode 7 or so.

http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/44/44

60 Meter Body Press! And from 50 meters up lol.

And note that he is also being held by another titan and ultimately gets sandwiched between them. It was enough to knock the other titan out but the Armored Titan got up running right afterwards. All the humans nearby were knocked out. I've watched 22 episodes.

http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/45/5

Incomplete Titan body! Also, unless it was filler, in one episode Hanji said that Titans are very light for their size, explaining why you can have a 15 meter titan crawling on rooftops. She herself could hold up the arm of what I think was a 4 meter titan pretty easily.

The colossal titan falling on the armoured titan still caused an impressive shockwave, though.

AuraAngel
I've watched 22 episodes.

http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/45/5

Incomplete Titan body! Also, unless it was filler, in one episode Hanji said that Titans are very light for their size, explaining why you can have a 15 meter titan crawling on rooftops. She herself could hold up the arm of what I think was a 4 meter titan pretty easily.

The colossal titan falling on the armoured titan still caused an impressive shockwave, though.

And created a massive crater. And he did throw himself down.

ScreamPaste
That does help matters, so yeah, pretty legit durability feat. I still think running through the gate was arguably better, though.

AuraAngel
The Colossal Titan on the other hand might be the weakest simply because he is pathetically slow. If he didn't radiate heat like a bastard Eren would have killed it already. And Cloud can use ice materia for that.

So what about Rogue Titan vs Meta Knight? That one hasn't been talked about at all.

Nephthys
The Colossal Titan on the other hand might be the weakest simply because he is pathetically slow. If he didn't radiate heat like a bastard Eren would have killed it already.

No spoilers, but can he not do that hax crystal thing?

AuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
No spoilers, but can he not do that hax crystal thing?

He has not displayed the ability at this time in the manga.

ScreamPaste
The Colossal Titan on the other hand might be the weakest simply because he is pathetically slow. If he didn't radiate heat like a bastard Eren would have killed it already. And Cloud can use ice materia for that.

So what about Rogue Titan vs Meta Knight? That one hasn't been talked about at all.
The Rogue Titan seems to me to be stronger but slower than the Female titan, meta knight can fly and should **** him up with his little sword. Death by a thousand cuts.

Also, didn't Aaron's blades contact the Colossal titan without damaging it? But yeah, Cloud should come out on top, strong enough to wreck the titan and fast enough too, just needs to avoid getting caught in the AoE from his attacks.

AuraAngel
Nah it was the heat forcing him off lol.

The Scenario
http://youtu.be/PkJ8YMJT4I8?t=8m58s

Meta Knight being eight inches tall might diminish this slightly, but still. I'm not sure if he has much else outside of gameplay. I should play Super Star again.

Also I found this, which is basically "Kirby reacts to lightning: the episode." Unrelated to Meta Knight but good to know.

ScreamPaste
Meta Knight's accent is killing me with lulz. My sides.

The Scenario
Meta Knight's voice is indeed the greatest thing about that dub. There's also this little Spanish guitar strum whenever he first appears in an episode and it just makes everything better.

ScreamPaste
That's just amazing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.