Best Single Issues

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
What is the single best comic issue you've read so far people IYO? For me, its All Star Superman 10 which is the best comic issue ever bar none IMO.

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
For me, its All Star Superman 10 which is the best comic issue ever bar none IMO. That really is an excellent choice.

Off the top of my head...

Justice League One Million #4
Superman Beyond #2
Swamp Thing v2 #50
Marvel Zombies v1 #1
Lucifer #75
Sandman #23
FF #23

abhilegend
Yeah, I missed Superman beyond 2. Other issues would be

Superman annual 11.
Dark Knight Returns 4
Crisis on Infinite Earths 7.
DC comics presents 85.
Swamp Thing 21 "Anatomy lesson".
Swamp Thing 50.
Hitman 34.
X-men: God loves, man kills.
Thor 380.
Legion of super-heroes v3 38.
Legion of super-heroes v3 50.

Tons of other issues like these.

Don Corleone
I have so many but there's an xmen book that I cant remember the issue number. Somebody help me out here. Its the xmen , early 80's book, they battle the Imperial Guard, Jean turns into the Phoenix.

Kazenji
Batman the killing joke
PUNISHER MAX X-MAS SPECIAL

Mindship
What is the single best comic issue you've read For me it will always be FF#72: "Where Soars the Silver Surfer." Trapped on Earth, fed up with man's inhumanity to his fellow man, the Surfer tries to unite humanity by giving it a single common enemy to fight.

The sonic shark involves some PIS, but overall, I've always loved the central idea of the issue. Plus, this was Kirby's Surfer at its artistic peak.

This basically was the comic that forever cemented Soarin' Norrin as my favorite character.

Second favorite: the Superman/Surfer crossover. Here, the disappointment was that they never fought. Still, it's got Surfer and Superman. 'Nuff said.

tanklizard
G.I. Joe #21
Fantastic Four #352
Thor: God of Thunder #11
Thor #380
Uncanny X-Men #213
Marvel Two-in-One #50

tanklizard
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I have so many but there's an xmen book that I cant remember the issue number. Somebody help me out here. Its the xmen , early 80's book, they battle the Imperial Guard, Jean turns into the Phoenix.

Uncanny X-Men #137; The Fate of the Phoenix! (Sept. 1980)

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindship
For me it will always be FF#72: "Where Soars the Silver Surfer." Trapped on Earth, fed up with man's inhumanity to his fellow man, the Surfer tries to unite humanity by giving it a single common enemy to fight.

The sonic shark involves some PIS, but overall, I've always loved the central idea of the issue. Plus, this was Kirby's Surfer at its artistic peak.

This basically was the comic that forever cemented Soarin' Norrin as my favorite character.

Second favorite: the Superman/Surfer crossover. Here, the disappointment was that they never fought. Still, it's got Surfer and Superman. 'Nuff said.
That really is an excellent comic.

Warlord
anything from frank miller's Daredivil.
Thor's ragnarok story

BlackZero30x
What is the single best comic issue you've read so far people IYO? For me, its All Star Superman 10 which is the best comic issue ever bar none IMO.

Flash Rebirth #3

"Those were for charity Clark" WOOOSSSHHHH! stick out tongue

....I'll have o give this some more thought.

-Pr-
Superman 217.

Astonishing X-Men 1.

I wanted to say a Flash issue, but damn, anything during the Linda miscarriage arc is gold.

That's it so far.

Branlor Swift
I just reread Spawn 76.

That's probably so far my favorite issue of Spawn I've read/remember at this time. It's pretty great writing.

Galan007
Gotta say, I also enjoyed the piss out of FF #23, as well as F4 #604, 605, and 611.

Just extremely well-written issues.

Epicurus
Pride of Baghdad.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Superman Beyond #2
Lucifer #75

emporerpants
Action comics #775

eaebiakuya
The Thor issue after the Godbomb arc is really good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.