durability vs power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Thor
Hulk
Thing
Superman
Doomsday
Grundy
Gladiator

Scenario: They are all trapped in a vault constructed out of an indestructible alloy. The only way out is to hit the door, closed fisted, so hard that they overcome their own durability and break their own hand. If they don't they either have to watch their loved tortured and killed. Grundy and Doomsday must escape to save themselves. All characters are fully aware of what they have to do.

1. One punch
2. Three punches

iscaremonkeys
1 id say hulk
3 id sayyyyy supes.

janus77
1. Hulk
2. Superman, Gladiator and Thor.

Brockalizer
Hulk has the best chance IMO due to amping. Gladiator could if he psychs himself out and lowers his confidence. Thor should be able to with multiple strikes, as would Doomsday. I'm not convinced that Superman could overcome his own insanely high durability. If he could punch something hard enough to break his own hand he probably would've while fighting Doomsday, Zod, or SBP.

pym-ftw
Thor could break his own hand, in one punch imho

Grundy & Hulk could but will heal to fast for it to really matter

h1a8
Hulk could do it with one punch as his durability isn't that great in comparision to his strength (it's his HF that makes up for it).
Everyone else's durability balances pretty well with their strength.

pym-ftw
Read hulk before you say dumb things like that.

Stoic
Did anyone know that the Hulk's durability ramps up with his strength level?

janus77
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Thor could break his own hand, in one punch imho

Grundy & Hulk could but will heal to fast for it to really matter
Hulk has previously torn pieces of his own body off, so I think it's safe to say that he can break his hand.

It will heal up pretty much instantly, but that's not relevant to the OP.

h1a8
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Read hulk before you say dumb things like that. There is a deep purpose to why I answered that way. It saves me in the end.

With that said, it is true that Hulk's durability to strength ratio is lower than others. He gets bloodied, damage, etc. more easier than Thor, Surfer, etc. but is stronger than most of them.

SamZED
His current titles has "indestructible" in it and he's living up to it I believe.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by janus77

It will heal up pretty much instantly, but that's not relevant to the OP. Bingo, doesn't matter if the hand is broken for a month or a half second, as long as it's broken.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Thor
Hulk
Thing
Superman
Doomsday
Grundy
Gladiator

Scenario: They are all trapped in a vault constructed out of an indestructible alloy. The only way out is to hit the door, closed fisted, so hard that they overcome their own durability and break their own hand. If they don't they either have to watch their loved tortured and killed. Grundy and Doomsday must escape to save themselves. All characters are fully aware of what they have to do.

1. One punch
2. Three punches Thing
Thing again

The only time I remember Thor breaking something from hitting something is against Jaekelsson, and that was a doozy...
I don't recall Hulk breaking anything by hitting them... though he has had his bones broken before
I believe Superman broke his fingers against Ultraman
Doomsday has had his bony protrusions broken off before
Grundy has had his shit smashed in before
Gladiator got his wrist snapped

But the difference between those and Thing is that Thing has hurt himself before a decent amount. Thing has had his ribs broken and other bones broken a few times. Thing has cracked pieces off himself before with hits against people. Thing is the most likely to overcome his own durability.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.