Revan vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ROTJ Vader
1.Sabers
2.Force
3.All-Out

Master Han
I can't read the OP, but I'm assuming a usual sabers/force/all out, in which case, Dooku takes sabers, and Revan takes the Force and all out.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku

NewGuy01
Dooku takes sabers, Revan takes Force, and Revan probably edges an all out.

Vensai
Dooku dominates all. Revan's feats can not compare with the Count.

Stigma
I'm leaning towards Dooku here.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku because he's a vastly superior duelist, and has comparable TK.

Taay'hai
Dooku.

Mizukage Yoda
Dooku takes this.

Nephthys
Revan.

Mizukage Yoda
If Revan attempts to engage Lord Tyranus with his lightsaber, the good Count will humiliate him like he has so many other esteemed duelists. Revan's mastery of tutaminis will undoubtedly help him defend against Dooku's lightning, but it will not help him against the Count's superior TK mastery. And in an all out its sort of a pick your combo of Revan's death. Dooku has perhaps the most impressive track record of pwning people mid duel with the Force, so that's probably the most likely choice of death.

Nephthys
I wouldn't say Dooku's TK mastery is superior. In his Foundry fight Revan rips meteors down and pelts the strike team with them, which is by the way an extremely impressive display of using the Force mid duel.

Master Han
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/iLCJdwKMwhZdQ_zpsedbc8412.gif

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
I wouldn't say Dooku's TK mastery is superior. In his Foundry fight Revan rips meteors down and pelts the strike team with them, which is by the way an extremely impressive display of using the Force mid duel.

That also backs up the theory that Revan was an expert practitioner of Niman. Though because of the descriptions of his extremely acrobatic and offensive lightsaber displays, I'd say he's also an Ataru practitioner. And just to over-analyze things, I'll also say he might have been a reverse-grip Shien practitioner, considering we've seen him in canon pictures using reverse grips against blaster-wielding assailants, and has often dealt with blaster-wielders in his travels. Considering Ataru sucks for blast deflection and Niman is so-so, I'd say it's a slightly backed up possibility.

Still, his chances against Dooku in a duel are slim. I do believe, however, he can hold his own in lightsaber combat, and continue to gain an advantage through greater Force Aptitude.

Mizukage Yoda

What part of Gameplay is non-canon don't you understand about the canon policy. Otherwise we have one of the Dread Masters turning into god like size in one of the most recent Operations. And gigantic Rakata man in the Eternal Vault.

ares834

thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
What part of Gameplay is non-canon don't you understand about the canon policy. Otherwise we have one of the Dread Masters turning into god like size in one of the most recent Operations. And gigantic Rakata man in the Eternal Vault.

Um, I don't know about the Dread Master thing, but Soa is actually mentioned in SWTORE and theres a picture of him being 20 feet tall and stuff.

Gameplay is only non-canon because in gameplay you control what happens so obviously that isn't a set thing. But Revan pulls those meteors down automatically and cannot be interrupted so its something that always happens in that fight, thus it is canon.

ares834
Wait Soa is actually huge.... lol

Nephthys
Force Gigantism is a thing apparantly.

Mizukage Yoda
Um, I don't know about the Dread Master thing, but Soa is actually mentioned in SWTORE and theres a picture of him being 20 feet tall and stuff.

That is retarded. Rakatans are all humanoid, why is the Infernal One suddenly a giant. And yeah Dread Master Styrak's enrage mode is him turning into a gigantic version of himself, where he attempts to smite the team.

No it isn't. Gameplay is non-canon because it is silly. Otherwise you'd have people tanking dozens of blasterbolts, resisting lightsaber wounds, and tanking grenades rockets, and thermal detonators unmolested. If we take it as canon, those same meteors can be casually tanked by a non force user like the Sith Agent. So either Revan pulled down some unnaturally soft meteors or that feat hardly counts as canon.

ares834
Or they avoided the meteors...

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by ares834
Or they avoided the meteors...

Prove that they avoided them. Gameplay mechanics including boss fights are non-canon. The only ones that may count is TFU's scripted button mashes because those are essentially interactive cutscenes.

ares834
I'd argue its not a mechanic at all though. It's an unique ability that Revan is guranteed to use over the course of a fight.

It's like Sion resurrecting himself in KotORII or Malak's ability to drain the Jedi.

Nephthys
Exactly.

That is retarded. Rakatans are all humanoid, why is the Infernal One suddenly a giant. And yeah Dread Master Styrak's enrage mode is him turning into a gigantic version of himself, where he attempts to smite the team.

Ok, that sounds pretty awesome. My guess is amazing cosmic force powers. I mean the Dread Masters are hugely powerful and several centuries old.

No it isn't. Gameplay is non-canon because it is silly. Otherwise you'd have people tanking dozens of blasterbolts, resisting lightsaber wounds, and tanking grenades rockets, and thermal detonators unmolested. If we take it as canon, those same meteors can be casually tanked by a non force user like the Sith Agent. So either Revan pulled down some unnaturally soft meteors or that feat hardly counts as canon.

Well obviously that shit isn't canon. People don't really have health-bars you need to whittle down. But Revan pulling the meteors down still is, because its completely different than that. Its like how in Zelda Ganon floats and shoots lightning balls at you. Just because it happens inside a gameplay segment doesn't make it non-canon or a mere gameplay mechanic. Revan pulling down meteors is a coded sequence that happens in the fight.

Mizukage Yoda
I'd argue its not a mechanic at all though. It's an unique ability that Revan is guranteed to use over the course of a fight.

It's like Sion resurrecting himself in KotORII or Malak's ability to drain the Jedi.

So? The JC also has an ability to throw rocks at you even if you are on a starship and there are no rocks to throw. I am not going to cross that line because if you include gameplay shit gets ludicrous. Every character has the ability to then tank lightsaber blows.
No it isn't because Sion and Malak both have cutscenes where they first use it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well you see, the argument shouldn't be that darth tyranus has superior TK, rather he can most definitely keep up with revan in a TK battle, and utterly humiliate him in a lightsaber duel

ares834
So? The JC also has an ability to throw rocks at you even if you are on a starship and there are no rocks to throw. I am not going to cross that line because if you include gameplay shit gets ludicrous. Every character has the ability to then tank lightsaber blows.

You keep saying this, but I don't get why you insist it's a gameplay mechanic. Just because it happens during gameplay doesn't indicate that it is a mechanic.

Ragnosfan1998
Revan simply butchers Dooku, faster then Dooku can react.

Revan is in possesion of Tulak Hords holocron for hundreds of years.

Tulak Hord was the greatest lightsaber duelist in the mythos (defeated armies of Jedi, his kill count of Jedi may be as high as 1,000,000). Tulak also made all Jedi/Sith after him look like children playing with toys.

Revan beat Malak, Nyriss (who beat EXILE AND SCOURAGE, do I need to remind everyone how Exile defeated Nihilus, Sion, AND Traya) was stated to be SUPERIOR TO NIHILUS by The Exile and would have proabably killed The Sith Emperor had he not been on a DS nexus and had prep.

Revan is also, you know immortal and has had FAR more training then Dooku. And would kill all of the above opponents easily. Revan would have slashed down Mace, slashed down Yoda, pwned Savage/Ventress well playing xbox and having sex with Bastilla.

Dooku has done N-O-T-H-I-N-G impressive. He defeated AOTC Anakin/Obi Wan Kenobi, big deal?. He lost to Yoda, got his ass nailed by Anakin, ran away from Mace like a punk, and lost to SAVAGE and could barley beatoff Ventress, and lost to PIRATES.

If he was even half as good as Revan, when him and Yoda were in that saberlock he would have slashed his saber down through YODAS HEAD killing him right their.

But he didint do that, did he?.

Dooku also got his ass nailed by Yoda on a DS nexus.

Revan kills Dooku as fast as Sidious did to Kolar in ROTS. At best Dooku would do aswell as Fisto did Vs Sidious.

Mizukage Yoda
You keep saying this, but I don't get why you insist it's a gameplay mechanic. Just because it happens during gameplay doesn't indicate that it is a mechanic.

Except they are exactly that. Nothing that happens during gameplay is canon. The cutscenes are canon, that's Lucasarts has addressed this since time immemorial.

Stigma
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well you see, the argument shouldn't be that darth tyranus has superior TK, rather he can most definitely keep up with revan in a TK battle, and utterly humiliate him in a lightsaber duel
^ This.

Sabers: Dooku 9/10
Force: Revan (I'm being generous) 7/10
All-out: Dooku 7/10

Ragnosfan1998
^WTF!?.

Dooku would never last 10seconds in a saber fight with Revan, MUCH LESS WIN!.

ares834
Except they are exactly that. Nothing that happens during gameplay is canon. The cutscenes are canon, that's Lucasarts has addressed this since time immemorial.

Show me where it says cutscenes are only canon and anything that happens in gameplay is not. All I know is that game mechanics aren't canon and, like I've said, I don't see why we would assume Revan TKing meteors is a gameplay mechanic.

Stigma
Originally posted by Ragnosfan1998
^WTF!?.

Dooku would never last 10seconds in a saber fight with Revan, MUCH LESS WIN!.
facepalm

Ragnosfan1998
If Dooku is retarded enough to try lightning on Revan, Revan will redriect that shit and burn Dooku to a ****ing CRISP (like the Old Bastard Dooku is).

Mizukage Yoda
Show me where it says cutscenes are only canon and anything that happens in gameplay is not. All I know is that game mechanics aren't canon and, like I've said, I don't see why we would assume Revan TKing meteors is a gameplay mechanic.

'Things are a bit more complicated with the matter of Star Wars games. The overall scenario and documentation (cutscenes, manuals, strategy guides etc) are proper EU (see C-canon below). This, however, doesn't apply to "game mechanics" and stats.'
-Game mechanics are the "artistic license" properties of the game that separate any computer game from reality and serve to make one more playable and enjoyable; for example Kyle Katarn carrying 10 weapons simultaneously, fully and immediately recovering from wounds simply by touching a bacta tank, bodies of defeated enemies disappearing etc., are things not realistically possible. Game mechanics are also some special effects accompanying the use of Force powers, such as sounds and glow surrounding the caster, which never appear in the movies. Health, shield, and Force repository are also game mechanics.

Pretty much this. Unless you want to accept Kyle Katarn carrying 10 weapons at once, healing by touching a bacta tank, and bodies deteriorating randomly its not canon. Gameplay is non-canon.

Ragnosfan1998
Originally posted by Stigma
facepalm

You are IGNORANT! (:

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Ragnosfan1998
You are IGNORANT! (:

Ah you must be the new troll in residency.

Nephthys
'Things are a bit more complicated with the matter of Star Wars games. The overall scenario and documentation (cutscenes, manuals, strategy guides etc) are proper EU (see C-canon below). This, however, doesn't apply to "game mechanics" and stats.'
-Game mechanics are the "artistic license" properties of the game that separate any computer game from reality and serve to make one more playable and enjoyable; for example Kyle Katarn carrying 10 weapons simultaneously, fully and immediately recovering from wounds simply by touching a bacta tank, bodies of defeated enemies disappearing etc., are things not realistically possible. Game mechanics are also some special effects accompanying the use of Force powers, such as sounds and glow surrounding the caster, which never appear in the movies. Health, shield, and Force repository are also game mechanics.

Pretty much this. Unless you want to accept Kyle Katarn carrying 10 weapons at once, healing by touching a bacta tank, and bodies deteriorating randomly its not canon. Gameplay is non-canon.

All this is true.

But it doesn't apply to Revan pulling down the meteors. That wasn't a stat or a game mechanic. It isn't the same thing as Katarn carrying 10 weapons.

Mizukage Yoda
All this is true.

But it doesn't apply to Revan pulling down the meteors. That wasn't a stat or a game mechanic. It isn't the same thing as Katarn carrying 10 weapons.

Dude. How the **** can Revan pull a *meteor* down to where he is without killing himself and the party? It's a gameplay mechanic.

SIDIOUS 66
How big were the meteors? I thought they were small.

Also, how would Revan win an all-out against Dooku? If the two are close in terms of the force, then it would likely be decided by a saber duel, in which Dooku has comparable (superior?) accolades and superior feats.

Stigma
He keeps the business going.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

Also, how would Revan win an all-out against Dooku? If the two are close in terms of the force, then it would likely be decided by a saber duel, in which Dooku has comparable (superior?) accolades and superior feats.
Exactly. thumb up
This is how it will play out here, and thus Dooku wins a majority.

Nephthys
ecDHlPtO--M

6.40. The meteors are .......... ambiguously big. The biggest one I can see is about 4/5 meters long or something.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
It doesn't matter. Even a meteor the size of a human traveling at reentry speeds (which they must have since they have a flame effect around them if I recall,) would cause enormous collateral damage. Even if they weren't on fire, the meteors would likely be moving at hypersonic+ speeds, which would make it ridiculous for the non-force users to dodge them.

Superior accolades and feats.

Nephthys
Lol, reentry speeds? Nah, watch the video. Specifically look at 0.55.

Revans just pulls them from a bunch of floating rocks. I'm only calling the meteors cuz thats what they look like. Besides, I think the platform can probably take a few meteors.

ares834
Dude. How the **** can Revan pull a *meteor* down to where he is without killing himself and the party? It's a gameplay mechanic.

confused

Why? It wasn't some huge ass asteroid he was ripping down. Nor were they traveling excessively fast.

Ragnosfan1998

You are IGNORANT!.

Everything I stated was a fact. Why do you enjoy disagreeing with facts?.

I have said this before, and I will say it again. THOSE WITH SUPERIOR FEATS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS WILL ALWAYS BE DEEMED MORE POWERFUL!.

Mizukage Yoda
Lol, reentry speeds? Nah, watch the video. Specifically look at 0.55.

Revans just pulls them from a bunch of floating rocks. I'm only calling the meteors cuz thats what they look like. Besides, I think the platform can probably take a few meteors.

Bro. Those are meteors, looked like an aura perhaps flames around it.

Nephthys
I continuously stopped and started and it looks more like a yellow aura to me. Possibly denoting Force use.

ares834
Yep. Presumably Revan is pulling them out of the tractor beams and not out of orbit.

Ragnosfan1998
This topic should be locked for SPITE. It is clear to anyone with HALF a brain that Revan would smoke Dooku LIKE A CIGARETTE (who is nothing SPECIAL) even of his own era (which is A PEACE OF CRAP COMPARED TO TOR/ANCIENT TIMES).

This is a FACT.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No it isn't a fact, you ignorant beast. The count of Serenno scoffs at your stupidity.

Mizukage Yoda
I continuously stopped and started and it looks more like a yellow aura to me. Possibly denoting Force use.

Seems pretty ridiculous. Until it is stated in another source I'd take it with a grain of salt.

mikemikeer
Some of this is almost too funny to read. The only thing Dooku wins is sabers. He doesn't have the force accolades to compare to Revan.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Name Revan's CANONICAL force accolades, and how they compare to Dooku's CANONICAL force accolades

mikemikeer
When you say CANONICAL, do you mean I'll name something and that you'll brush it off as "gameplay mechanics", ignoring the fact that it happens in any fight regardless of circumstances? I only need one. He put Vitiate on his ass. Nothing Dooku has done compares to that.

Ragnosfan1998
@mikemikeer you seem to be much smarter then alot of these prequel/original trilogy idoloizers, but let me tell you Dooku would NOT compare to Revan in a saber duel. Revan is in possesion of Tulak Hords holocron: and beat Malak on the SF IN a saber duel were Malaks skills were far far greater with a saber. Revan would kill Dooku in a saber duel before Dooku knew what happend.

mikemikeer
Yea we're not together RagnosFan lol. I haven't begun to read any of your posts but they seem tailored to ancient sith fanboyism, like some of these guys with their PT fanboyism.

The_Tempest
Thank God you're not, like, a well known Revan fanboy or anything.

mikemikeer
Oh I am, but one Revan fanboy hardly cancels out 2-3 PT era fanboys, don't you think?

The_Tempest
Depends on the fanboy, I'd think.

And how come saying Dooku beats Revan makes one a PT fanboy? And why are you so aggressive, stranger?

Given how lame Revan was made to be in his titular novel (which blows, by the way), one would think you could be a little more forgiving.

mikemikeer
The same way saying Revan beats Dooku makes me a Revan fanboy, as per your accusal.

Drew's failed depiction of Revan's character changes nothing.

Ragnosfan1998
Originally posted by mikemikeer
Yea we're not together RagnosFan lol. I haven't begun to read any of your posts but they seem tailored to ancient sith fanboyism, like some of these guys with their PT fanboyism.

I am not a fanboy of any character or era, Im just stating the facts.

The_Tempest
The same way saying Revan beats Dooku makes me a Revan fanboy, as per your accusal.

No, you being an admitted Revan fanboy is what makes you a Revan fanboy.

Claiming or believing Revan would beat Dooku doesn't make you a Revan fanboy; I think Revan would beat Dooku, Dooku's far greater number of feats and accolades notwithstanding.

In the same token, the fact that Mizukage thinks Revan would lose doesn't make him a Dooku fanboy.

Feel free to wipe the froth from your mouth at any time.

Drew's failed depiction of Revan's character changes nothing.

Dooku has a far greater number of feats and accolades to draw from. It is not unreasonable to conclude that Dooku would win and hardly makes someone who claims as much a PT fanboy.

mikemikeer
You accused me of being a Revan fanboy in a nonchalant manner, I just agreed.

And I never said it would be unreasonable to conclude Dooku COULD win. That's why I gave him sabers. Feel free to remove your mouth from my undercarriage.

The_Tempest
You accused me of being a Revan fanboy in a nonchalant manner, I just agreed.

By your own admission, you are one.

And I never said it would be unreasonable to conclude Dooku COULD win. That's why I gave him sabers. Feel free to remove your mouth from my undercarriage.

Then by all means feel free to unlatch your jaw from Yoda's ankle.

mikemikeer
I simply confirmed what you already accused me of

The_Tempest
I simply confirmed what you already accused me of

..No, you've admitted to Revan fanboyism like 3 accountsyears ago.

Master Han
http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/wilee/burntreat2.jpg

mikemikeer
Originally posted by The_Tempest
..No, you've admitted to Revan fanboyism like 3 accountsyears ago.

allegedly

The_Tempest
Only a despicable lawyer would use such legalese.

mikemikeer
accusations must have some factual basis to them, otherwise they fall under the category of libel/slander and are subject to a lawsuit.

The_Tempest
I've got your lawsuit right here.

*grabs crotch*

S_W_LeGenD
Revan may not be as technically proficient in bladework as Dooku have been but the former is still an incredibly effective duelist because of his remarkable Force abilities.

Revan edges out in this contest with his superior mastery of the Force in the nutshell.

ROTJ Vader
Revan wins in a good fight.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ROTJ Vader
Revan wins in a good fight.
thumb up

Throwaway
I actually agree with Vader and SWL here. As silly and pedantic #ancientswanking can become, we can't go to the opposite extreme and automatically give the victory to the modern combatants, simply because they have a larger quantity of feats and accolades.

As vague as some of these citations may appear, with a character as vague as Revan, we need intense educated speculation to properly place him. That he's described as "the heart of the Force"; that Meetra calls him the most powerful being he's ever met; that cults continued to worship him millenia after his death; that Scourge was awestruck by his power even while he was intensely drugged; that he knocked the Emperor on his ass while on a DS nexus, seems to put him above Dooku in the Force, IMHO. I might even place him above RotJ Vader.

There's nothing to indicate that his lightsaber skills are particularly on Dooku's level, but there's nothing to suggest that they're disproportionately lacking either. So I'm going to throw out some arbitrary calculations and place his dueling ability on Obi Wan's level, and conclude that he would take Dooku in the Force and all out.

Mizukage Yoda
Feats definitely go to the Count. But hype is very likely in Revan's corner.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Throwaway
I actually agree with Vader and SWL here. As silly and pedantic #ancientswanking can become, we can't go to the opposite extreme and automatically give the victory to the modern combatants, simply because they have a larger quantity of feats and accolades.

Yeah, it would sure suck if that were to happen. Y'know, someday. no expression

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by Throwaway
I actually agree with Vader and SWL here. As silly and pedantic #ancientswanking can become, we can't go to the opposite extreme and automatically give the victory to the modern combatants, simply because they

Agreed. The Ancientsithwanking is retarded obviously. But I have been noticing people saying Maul would WTFPWN all the Ancient Sith 1v1 because, well he's a PT character and is far better because he has "more exposure". We should all give characters equal and fair respect, and not go into the territory of extreme fanboyism on ether side.

The Merchant
Good fight, if this is Revan Reborn he wins.

Intrepid37
Dooku rapes.

pencilcrayon
There's a sublight ship or droid flying in the background that barely moved while Obi-Wan gets thrown into the railing. His TK is most likely stronger given the speed of that throw. It barely moved several pixels during that time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah, that's why some of the ancient sith have "impled power," meaning that although they may not have the exposure/feats to back it up, they're still exceptionally powerful. The most impressive ancient sith (through feats and showings) are freedon nadd, exar kun, and tulak hord.

pencilcrayon
The tri-fighter droid can move at 125 MGLT
X-Wings only move at 100 MGLT max
-Taken from Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor ( same author who wrote the RotS novelization )
That droid tri-fighter can also move at "near-relativistic" speeds.
Even though Obi-Wan is thrown slightly slower than that droid can move, he's still being thrown at "near-relativistic"

Petrus
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Dooku rapes.

Unlikely. He might just win, but not by a long shot.

Intrepid37
Originally posted by Petrus
Unlikely. He might just win, but not by a long shot.
Revan has, per evident feats, nothing on Dooku. The Count is vastly more skilled, much more powerful and faster.

DarthAnt66
lol no ^ Dooku would get b*tch slapped by Vitiate any day.

Intrepid37
Vitiate has no feats to ***** slap Dooku either.

Either accept that Revan's feats are mediocre and that he'll lose a versus match against a big majority of Jedi and Sith, or don't use him at all until he's got more exposure.

mikemikeer
Revan has, per evident feats, nothing on Dooku. The Count is vastly more skilled, much more powerful and faster.

Dooku has more feats than Revan, but nothing suggests he is Revan's equal in the force. Furthermore, to say Vitiate has nothing on Dooku either just shows PT bias.

Either accept that Revan's fewer feats are more impressive than Dooku's, or don't bother arguing for a Dooku victory.

Intrepid37
Revan's best feat is opening a door...

Furthermore, to say Vitiate has nothing on Dooku either just shows PT bias.
I have no idea why you're pointing this out as if I've said it.

mikemikeer

Sure it is

Short term memory?

DarthAnt66
Lol no. Call me next time Dooku can:
-One shot Darth Nyriss who opened up her fight by jumping in between Scourge and the Exile and proceeded to humiliate them at the same time in lightsaber combat, kicking their asses despite them flanking her on both sides. She then absolutely pwned them both with the Force, overpowering them both with a single attack each. This being the woman who soloed an entire Sith Temple and whooped Sion and Traya multiple times each on a potent nexus, plus ''Scourge was an expert swordsman; at the Academy even the instructors had been reluctant to face him in the training ring. When the dark side flowed through him, his blade was more than a weapon. It became an extension of his will.''
-Put Vitiate, one of the most powerful Sith Lords of all time who killed 8000 Sith Lords, on his ass twice.

...Those are just two feats, both better then any of Dookus.

Nephthys
Vitiate has no feats to ***** slap Dooku either.

Either accept that Revan's feats are mediocre and that he'll lose a versus match against a big majority of Jedi and Sith, or don't use him at all until he's got more exposure.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4mq88ECf21qecmcx.gif

Lolwut?

Firstly, Revans best feats are pelting the Strike Team with meteors, absorbing and redirecting Nyriss' charged lightning easily, beating Starforge Malak multiple times and channeling the light and dark sides together to put Vitiate on his ass.

The former being comparable to Dooku's TK abilities, especially since he has the TOR Empire team on his ass while doing it. The latter of which is above Dooku since he'd never be able to challenge Vitiate. Then the Nyriss feat being comparable to Yoda's ability with Tutaminis seeing as her charged lightning was one of the most powerful we've seen in terms of demonstrated effect. Finally, the Malak fight is also highly impressive. Malak may be shunned on this forum (by myself included), but the guy was still powerful enough to casually own two Jedi at once who were powerful enough to fight through the Starforge (2.20):

QONtqPYLO0U

Dude uses 3 Force attacks at once, casually choking out them both then killing one with a single burst of lightning and the other with a saber throw while still choking them out. You'll say that isn't up to Dooku standards but even if thats true but who gives a shit seeing as Revan has to kick his ass multiple times and had just had to fight through the Starforge and Bastila to get to him. Its an impressive feat well above merely 'mediocre.'

Secondly, Vitiate would destroy Dooku. :T

Throwaway
Ah, kmc, giving me the best gif's.

DarthAnt66

Lolwut?

Firstly, Revans best feats are pelting the Strike Team with meteors, absorbing and redirecting Nyriss' charged lightning easily, beating Starforge Malak multiple times and channeling the light and dark sides together to put Vitiate on his ass.

The former being comparable to Dooku's TK abilities, especially since he has the TOR Empire team on his ass while doing it. The latter of which is above Dooku since he'd never be able to challenge Vitiate. Then the Nyriss feat being comparable to Yoda's ability with Tutaminis seeing as her charged lightning was one of the most powerful we've seen in terms of demonstrated effect. Finally, the Malak fight is also highly impressive. Malak may be shunned on this forum (by myself included), but the guy was still powerful enough to casually own two Jedi at once who were powerful enough to fight through the Starforge (2.20):

http://images.wikia.com/halofanon/images/4/47/Meme_-_Clapping.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I still keep my previous thoughts: Malak was one of the best swordsmen in the galaxy (during his time), and had quite the variety of force abilities. He is by no means a weakling.

Petrus

Lolwut?

QONtqPYLO0U

Dude uses 3 Force attacks at once, casually choking out them both then killing one with a single burst of lightning and the other with a saber throw while still choking them out. You'll say that isn't up to Dooku standards but even if thats true but who gives a shit seeing as Revan has to kick his ass multiple times and had just had to fight through the Starforge and Bastila to get to him. Its an impressive feat well above merely 'mediocre.'

Secondly, Vitiate would destroy Dooku. :T

I was going to counter using the exact same feats. Good job. thumb up Saying Revan is featless is plain stupid and thinking he has nothing on Dooku is PT bias, as someone else mentioned.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I still keep my previous thoughts: Malak was one of the best swordsmen in the galaxy (during his time), and had quite the variety of force abilities. He is by no means a weakling.

Agreed.

Intrepid37
Not really. His use of Tutaminis is useless unless Dooku's gonna wait for Revan turn turn it back on him. Putting Vitiate down was by reaching some kind of 'oneness' state. Malak might as well be classified as a joke.

Video for the metor feat?

Nephthys
Its at the top of page 2.

And it wasn't a "oneness" state. Theres no reason he can't do that whenever.

Intrepid37
I can't see the link bro.

Sure thing. He channeled the light and dark powers together to produce an... almighty Force push!

I can't breathe, shit, I'm so ****ing impressed.

ares834
It's on page 3.

Nephthys
^ Whoops, finger slipped.

He put one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history on his ass, Do you think Dooku could put Sidious, Yoda or Nihilus on their asses?

Intrepid37
Just seen it. He's basically throwing around boulders telekinetically, right?

Give me a reason for why Dooku can't put Vitiate on his ass. The best he's got is disintegrating a droid.

Shit, Bulq put Mace on his ass too, and Dooku pimpsmacked Bulq like he was nothing.

pencilcrayon
Is that a game mechanic?

DarthAnt66
Call me next time Dooku orchestrates an entire galactic war, mindf*cks Jedi with ease, or consumes the life and power of 8000 Sith Lords. wink

Nephthys
Just seen it. He's basically throwing around boulders telekinetically, right?

Give me a reason for why Dooku can't put Vitiate on his ass. The best he's got is disintegrating a droid.

Shit, Bulq put Mace on his ass too, and Dooku pimpsmacked Bulq like he was nothing.

I prefer my term for them. They are rather huge.

And destroying the Dark Temple. Vitiate is more powerful than Nihilus or Tulak, both of which can manipulate capital ships. He was also able to overpower Revan with TK and knock back the HoT. Despite how powerful Revan was, an Imperial Guardsman rendered his TK virtually useless just by drawing on Vitiates power. Since Vitiate possesses the totality of his own strength it stands to reason his resistance would be far greater. Dooku wouldn't move him an inch even if he were not incinerated on the spot.

Originally posted by pencilcrayon
Is that a game mechanic?

No, its a coded sequence Revan initiates during the fight.

Intrepid37
Okay, fair enough. Raising Revan because of that Force feat you just showed me, but he still lacks skill feats.

Dooku still rapes, just not telekinetically.

DarthAnt66
Oh of course. Because Dooku would easily defeat one of the most powerful characters in the mythos. XD

http://www.wallsave.com/wallpapers/1024x768/meme-face/167365/meme-face-full-size-more-epic-facepalm-funny-wallchan-167365.jpg

Nephthys
Okay, fair enough. Raising Revan because of that Force feat you just showed me, but he still lacks skill feats.

Dooku still rapes, just not telekinetically.

True, though he did own a member of the Imperial Guard, the ultimate non-force users. Thats a pretty damn impressive feat that indicates its no rape imho.

Intrepid37
Ok. I'm willing to raise anyone not from the PT if they get some impressive feats, and the one you found for Revan was pretty good.

Still, I think it's fair to say mid-difficulty at best.

DarthAnt66
Lol no. Call me when Dooku lasts over 30 seconds against Vitiate.

Intrepid37
Prove he won't.

DarthAnt66
So Dooku can orchestrate an entire galactic war, mindf*cks Jedi with ease, or consumes the life and power of 8000 Sith Lords.

And your always the one who claims you cant prove a negative, so prove Dooku can. wink

S_W_LeGenD
Prove he won't.
Prove that Dooku is even Dark Council level individual first! Dark Council members have feats that put Dooku to shame.

Vitiate is FAR above Dooku by all accounts; this guy bossed around MILLIONS of Sith Lords; demonstrated planetary scale "alter" potential. You think that Dooku would hold a candle to such a monster? Vitiate might break Dooku with a fraction of his power.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lol no. Call me when Dooku lasts over 30 seconds against Vitiate.

Dooku lasted more than 30seconds against YODA who's above Vitiate SMART ONE.

Intrepid37
It's not a negative.

Yoda is better than Vitiate. Dooku lasted 30 seconds agaisnt Yoda.

Dooku has better feats than Revan. Revan lasted a decent while against Vitiate.

Vitiate is telekinetically powerful, has more powerful lightning, broader range of knowledge and mastery and his mind-domination abilities.

He has absolutely no skill or physical showings to his name. He's not powerful enough telekinetically to slap Dooku around as he wishes, not even close. He apparantly can't dominate Dooku's mind without preparation and focus.

His only chance is some sort of TK-lightning combo, bro.

The_Tempest
He put one of the most powerful Sith Lords in history on his ass, Do you think Dooku could put Sidious, Yoda or Nihilus on their asses?

If Sidious et al. were distracted doing something else like Vitiate, then yes.

Intrepid37
It's not a negative.

Yoda is better than Vitiate. Dooku lasted 30 seconds agaisnt Yoda.

Dooku has better feats than Revan. Revan lasted a decent while against Vitiate.

Vitiate is telekinetically powerful, has more powerful lightning, broader range of knowledge and mastery and his mind-domination abilities.

He has absolutely no skill or physical showings to his name. He's not powerful enough telekinetically to slap Dooku around as he wishes, not even close. He apparantly can't dominate Dooku's mind without preparation and focus.

His only chance is some sort of TK-lightning combo, bro.

Edit: lol @ Dooku not being dark councillor level. He's far above the average Jedi councillor level. Any proof that the average dark councillor is more powerful than the average Jedi councillor?

Mizukage Yoda
Dooku isn't Dark Council-level? laughing

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
If Sidious et al. were distracted doing something else like Vitiate, then yes.

Shh shhh shhh shh shhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ragnosfan1998
Dooku gets raped here, why is this even being discussed?.

Your putting a legendary sith/jedi like Revan who was WORSHIPPED AND HAD NUMEROUS CULTS AFTER HIS DEATH VS DOOKU WHO GOT HIS ASS TRIPLE ****ED BY ANAKIN!.

Revan would destroy Dookus master, Dooku has no chance of victory and would die in 1second in a saber duel.

Now Darth Thanton Vs Dooku THAT WOULD BE A FIGHT!. Thanton has way better lightning but Dooku is a better duelist.

S_W_LeGenD

Nephthys
erm

ROTJ Vader
Can you post there feats.

S_W_LeGenD
@Neph

Vitiate forged his Empire in to a society which would test Sith like no other in galactic history.

This practice began very early:-

For 20 years, the exiled Sith fleet drifted through deep space. The Sith healed their wounds and reflected on their defeat. Imperial battle strategies were dissected, internal Sith strife was identified as a key weakness, and the Republic's surprise and slow move to defend itself was seen as a vulnerability ripe for exploit.

Meanwhile, the Sith dedicated themselves to training. They delved deep into the dark side of the Force, mastered new powers, and honed their minds and bodies into efficient weapons. Then, after nearly two decades of planning and training, they discovered the world of Dromund Kaas.

Source: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

Sith serving Vitiate were typically stronger and more competent then the Sith of the ancient Empire uprooted during the Great Hyperspace War. In-fact, it can be argued that Sith serving Vitiate represented the most competent and strongest bunch (on the whole) in entirety of galactic history.

ROTJ Vader
Post the feats of dark council members that are so "amazing".

S_W_LeGenD
Can you post there feats.
Here are some accounts:-

---

Dark Council members Darth Victun and Darth Qalar once fought each other inside the first Citadel of Dromund Kaas and destroyed the entire building in the process.

NOTE: Another Citadel was constructed in Dromund Kaas after the destruction of the previous one. Revan witnessed this particular citadel.

---

Darth Marr ("Master of the Force" as per encyclopedic medium) is known to have routed whole armies of the Republic during combat situations. He lasted over 40 years in the Dark Council and became the de-facto leader of the Sith Empire in the absence of the Sith Emperor (such level of power and position was beyond the reach of even Malgus whom Sidious acknowledged as one of his strongest predecessors).

---

Imperial intelligence acknowledged Darth Jadus as "second to Sith Emperor" in power; he could prevent his 600 m long flagship from disintegrating from lethal blasts with his power in the Force out in the space (If such an action is necessitated in his story arc). He could inflict fear and pain in his surroundings by his mere presence. Much of his powers are a mystery but he packed lot of talents and surprises.

---

Darth Baras stalemated Satele Shan (Jedi Master) in single combat, controlled a dark side entity and disciplined Darth Angral in a duel.

NOTE: Keep in mind that Darth Angral was among the most powerful Sith in the Empire and a major boss for HoT; easily defeated a Jedi Master of Dooku calibre.

---

Their are more examples.

DarthAnt66
Well okay:
-Darth Zavakon has control over the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge, which contains all the knowledge on the Sith
-Darth Nyriss easily pwned the Jedi Exile and Scourge
-Darth Marr was said to defeat entire armies of the Republic on various war fronts, being "a remarkably powerful practitioner of the dark side"
-Darth Nox was a total boss, being hypotethically equal with the Hero of Tython. Learn more checkout here page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nox
-Darth Thanaton was quite the cookie himself. Check out his page for a complete rundown on power: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Thanaton
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100509201009/starwars/images/1/1d/TK1.jpg
-Darth Baras was able to defend himself for a period of time against Satele Shan herself...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Council

pencilcrayon
http://i.imgur.com/BAU97hy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HNnqmlz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bUW3Yzo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BycM9eZ.jpg

Obi-Wan/Dooku appear to be moving at over tens of thousands of times the speed of sound.

In the upper right window, there's a droid tri-fighter (5.4meters length) moving approximately one tri-fighter of distance in each interval whenever Obi-Wan ( 1.82 meters tall ) moves his hand the length of his fist. Obi-Wan only moves a tiny portion of his body in each picture while droid moves ~5.4 meters.

Tri fighters are faster than the X-Wings that can fly at"near-relativistic" speeds.

ROTJ Vader
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Here are some accounts:-

---

Dark Council members Darth Victun and Darth Qalar once fought each other inside the first Citadel of Dromund Kaas and destroyed the entire building in the process.

NOTE: Another Citadel was constructed in Dromund Kaas after the destruction of the previous one. Revan witnessed this particular citadel.

---

Darth Marr ("Master of the Force" as per encyclopedic medium) is known to have routed whole armies of the Republic during combat situations. He lasted over 40 years in the Dark Council and became the de-facto leader of the Sith Empire in the absence of the Sith Emperor (such level of power and position was beyond the reach of even Malgus whom Sidious acknowledged as one of his strongest predecessors).

---

Imperial intelligence acknowledged Darth Jadus as "second to Sith Emperor" in power; he could prevent his 600 m long flagship from disintegrating from lethal blasts with his power in the Force out in the space (If such an action is necessitated in his story arc). He could inflict fear and pain in his surroundings by his mere presence. Much of his powers are a mystery but he packed lot of talents and surprises.

---

Darth Baras stalemated Satele Shan (Jedi Master) in single combat, controlled a dark side entity and disciplined Darth Angral in a duel.

NOTE: Keep in mind that Darth Angral was among the most powerful Sith in the Empire and a major boss for HoT; easily defeated a Jedi Master of Dooku calibre.

---

Their are more examples.

List the rest...maybe a few dark council members>Dooku like Marr, Wrath, Nox and like 2others but Dooku is defenitly above your average DKM.

ROTJ Vader
And yeah I would say Dark Jedi Council>PT Jedi Council then.

S_W_LeGenD
Speed based arguments are lame and ambiguous. A well-trained Force-user can move and react very fast; considerably faster then normal humans can.

For example: Revan could react to any kind of speed situation; speed of blaster bolts; speed of space-crafts; actions requiring instantaneous responses and vice versa. On one occasion, Revan outmaneuvered the speed of a dueling weapon itself. At one point, Revan was described as lightning fast (over 200,000 mph) in the novel.

Scourge is also noted to move with supernatural and blinding speeds. On one occasion, Scourge outmaneuvered the speed of a lightsaber blow itself. In another situation, Scourge evaded automated firepower of a speeder which itself was in motion at that time.

List the rest...maybe a few dark council members>Dooku like Marr, Wrath, Nox and like 2others but Dooku is defenitly above your average DKM.
Dooku have not been tested to such a degree like DKM typically have been. Dooku didn't had to compete with millions of other Sith to acquire a position in the Sith Dark Council to prove his exceptional skills (such a Council didn't even existed during his time).

In-fact, genuinely powerful Sith Lords existed outside Sith Dark Council as well. Sith of Dooku's caliber were not an uncommon sight in the Sith Empire of Vitiate. Of-course, their numbers were much lower in comparison to BILLIONS of Imperial citizens at any time.

ROTJ Vader
No.

Post the quotes of these.

Q99
It's demonstrated not all Dark Council Members were combat badasses, some admit to being there more for other skills. And a lot of the members were pretty temporary, able to take it but not hold it. Dooku was great at both combat and politics- he could get on the council, last there, and be well respected on it.

There's some Dooku-level Sith around then, on and off the council, but I wouldn't call them 'common'. He'd still be rather stand out in the era.

DarthAnt66
Ill look for the Revan quote too. I dont remember seeing it, so let me double check.

DarthAnt66
I found this on a site, and it's the mathematical analysis for Revan's asteroid TK feat. Dooku would never be capable of this. Enjoy!

I saw and counted about 22 different asteroid's being pulled down by his TK that ended up pulverized upon impact... could have been more, but I had the audio off and wasn't listening for impacts.

Sith = 88 pixels

Asteroid 1 Vertical Radius = 156 pixels

Asteroid 1 Horizontal Diameter = 388 pixels

Asteroid 2 Vertical Radius = 232 pixels

Asteroid 2 Horizontal Diameter = 334 pixels

Asteroid 1 Vertical Radius/Sith = 1.773

Asteroid 1 Horizontal Diameter/Sith = 4.409

Asteroid 2 Vertical Radius/Sith = 2.636

Asteroid 2 Horizontal Diameter/Sith = 3.795

Sith = 1.7 meters

Asteroid 1 Vertical Radius = 3.014 meters

Asteroid 1 Horizontal Diameter = 7.495 meters

Asteroid 1 Volume = 142.527 m^3

Asteroid Density = 2,700 kg/m^3

Asteroid 1 Mass = 384,822.9 kilograms

Asteroid 2 Vertical Radius (the light orange line, ignore the purple bit, that was an initial **** up) = 4.481 meters

Asteroid 2 Horizontal Diameter = 6.452 meters

Asteroid 2 Volume = 195.242 m^3

Asteroid 2 Mass = 527,153.4 kilograms

And...

Sith = 65 pixels

Asteroid 3 Diameter = 212 pixels

Asteroid 3 Height = 326 pixels

Asteroid 3 Diameter/Sith = 3.262

Asteroid 3 Heigth/Sith = 5.015

Sith = 1.7 meters

Asteroid 3 Diameter = 5.545 meters

Asteroid 3 Height = 8.526 meters (also the distance it traveled in 1 frame)

Asteroid 3 Volume = 137.191 m^3

Asteroid 3 Mass = 370,415.7 kilograms

Ok, now to find the speed, which I need a time frame for.

Nice to know I can scale from the blaster fire then.

From what I've gleaned, blaster fire seems to generally be considered around mach 3-5, not to mention something about them having supplanted something called slug throwers, which themselves fire at hypersonic speeds.

I figure using mach 3 here as a low end doesn't hurt given that.

Blaster Travel = 220 pixels

Sith = 169 pixels

Blaster Travel/Sith = 1.302

Blaster Travel = 2.213 meters

Blaster Speed = 1,020.87 m/s

Time Frame = 0.002 seconds

Which means the asteroid's travel at...

Asteroid Speed = 4,263 m/s

Note? Both the asteroid and blaster bolt move there respective distances in the same number of frames, namely 1.

Anyway...

This gives us...

Asteroid 1 Kinetic Energy = 3,496,725,798,000 joules or 835.738 tons

Asteroid 2 Kinetic Energy = 4,790,023,914,000 joules or 1.145 kilotons

Asteroid 3 Kinetic Energy = 3,365,813,558,000 joules or 805.026 tons

Ok, that's the individual asteroids and gives an idea of how powerful his TK is when its focus is split upon different objects.

For the full power of his TK, just multiply the average of the 3 yields gotten here by 22 (I say average, given they all appear to be similar in size in the video with some variation, and taking the average between the 3 seems fair enough here)

I COULD scale all the other 19 odd asteroids, but lazy and shit, and the result won't change much regardless.

Number of Asteroid's = 22

Average Energy Between Asteroids 1-3= 928.588 tons

Energy Exerted By Revan's TK = 20.429 kilotons

So, Revan's sporting town level TK at a minimum.

Not sure how this powerscales to other force powers, given I know jack all about how the force works, but here you go anyway.

Final Tally
Energy Exerted By Revan's TK = 20.429 kilotons

S_W_LeGenD
No.
Sith Lords, on average, were genuinely powerful in the Empire of Vitiate. His Empire was conditioned to root out weaklings within it. Just because you do not want to believe this, doesn't overwrites canon revelations.

For example:

Sith Lord Praven (trained by Darth Angral) was very powerful in the Force and exceptionally skilled in lightsaber combat as well. He was more then a match for many Jedi Masters and killed one of the finest combatants of Jedi Order (in its history) during Sacking of Coruscant. Regardless of such capabilities, Praven was not a member of the Dark Council.

DKM were typically among the best of the best in galactic history.

Post the quotes of these.
Haven't you read Revan's novel?

ROTJ Vader
Dooku was one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of his time. Powerful enough to lift a giant metal bridge with ease, stalemate with (and defeat) Mace Windu, do very well Vs Yoda (unless you think your average Vitiate Sith can do that well Vs Yoda/Windu...then yeah). Pimpsmacked Sora Bulq and Tholme, beat GG who can throw out 20strikes a second.

Not in a while, I don't remember the quote on Scourage you mentoined.

Nephthys
@Neph

Vitiate forged his Empire in to a society which would test Sith like no other in galactic history.

This practice began very early:-

For 20 years, the exiled Sith fleet drifted through deep space. The Sith healed their wounds and reflected on their defeat. Imperial battle strategies were dissected, internal Sith strife was identified as a key weakness, and the Republic's surprise and slow move to defend itself was seen as a vulnerability ripe for exploit.

Meanwhile, the Sith dedicated themselves to training. They delved deep into the dark side of the Force, mastered new powers, and honed their minds and bodies into efficient weapons. Then, after nearly two decades of planning and training, they discovered the world of Dromund Kaas.

Source: Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

Sith serving Vitiate were typically stronger and more competent then the Sith of the ancient Empire uprooted during the Great Hyperspace War. In-fact, it can be argued that Sith serving Vitiate represented the most competent and strongest bunch (on the whole) in entirety of galactic history.

Saying Dooku is like a commoner compared to the Dark Council is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Q99
It's demonstrated not all Dark Council Members were combat badasses, some admit to being there more for other skills. And a lot of the members were pretty temporary, able to take it but not hold it. Dooku was great at both combat and politics- he could get on the council, last there, and be well respected on it.
Majority of DKM were powerhouses; they wouldn't have made it to the Council without being (super) strong. Whether, some of them lasted long or not is another story. To maintain position in DKM, both power and smartness were important factors. Sometimes, luck would run out.

For example: Thanaton was a remarkably powerful and clever Sith Lord and he did not last a day in DKM. Their is a whole (Sith Inquisitor) story dedicated to ground realities of cutthroat competition in Empire of Vitiate.

Dooku haven't schemed his way through millions of Sith rivals to acquire great power in an Empire. Sidious facilitated his rise to power actually. So how good Dooku may do in a genuinely extremely competitive setting is open to speculation; Sith Lords like him or better then him have fallen easily in history of competition for positions in the Dark Council of the ancient Sith Empire of Vitiate.

Originally posted by Q99
There's some Dooku-level Sith around then, on and off the council, but I wouldn't call them 'common'. He'd still be rather stand out in the era.
This cannot be proven. Its not so much about era; Dooku might be a stand out in many time periods of galactic history but its not necessary for him to be a stand out in every kind of setting and Empire.

DarthAnt66
Heres another quote:
"The green blade transformed into a spinning, twirling blur as he used it to deflect their bolts back in the direction of the shooters."
-Page 170

S_W_LeGenD
Saying Dooku is like a commoner compared to the Dark Council is one of the most ridiculous things you've ever said.
Some of its members at least.

Have Dooku routed whole Republic armies? Defeated (immensely) powerful foes in single combat? Controlled dark side entities? Demonstrated Nihilus like telekinetic capabilities? Collapsed large buildings? Unleashed FL potent enough to burn even powerful Force-users to ash or overcome a lightsaber oriented defense? Inflicted pain in his surroundings by his mere presence? Absorbed dangerous Force Spirits? Made his body virtually indestructible?

Dooku is decent but he have his limits. No need to promote him more then he deserves.

Dooku was one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of his time.
This is common knowledge. Same can be inferred for many notable figures of the ancient Sith Empire created by Vitiate.

Powerful enough to lift a giant metal bridge with ease,
He detached a bridge from its support, if I have heard correctly. Otherwise, show me proof of your claim.

Dooku is decent in telekinetic aspects but not extraordinary.

stalemate with (and defeat) Mace Windu,
Dooku didn't defeat Windu actually. It was a brief encounter in which Dooku enlisted aid of some droids to tackle Windu to make way for his escape. In a fair encounter, Windu is most likely to win.

do very well Vs Yoda (unless you think your average Vitiate Sith can do that well Vs Yoda/Windu...then yeah).
Yoda, regardless of his remarkable power and skills, his hindered by his mindset; his refusal to go all-out on Dooku on Geonosis with his Force abilities, afforded the latter a chance to outwit him; his passivity got him almost killed in the very early phase of his encounter against Sidious. And yes, other remarkably powerful Force-users can do well against the likes of Yoda and Mace if they make good decisions.

Pimpsmacked Sora Bulq and Tholme, beat GG who can throw out 20strikes a second.
And these guys are as battle-hardened and powerful as DKM? Give me a break. GG represents the finest example of PIS in the mythos till date. Any reasonably competent Force-user should be able to reduce GG to spare parts with Force powers.

Not in a while, I don't remember the quote on Scourage you mentoined.
It is in the novel.

throwawaysrs
And these guys are as battle-hardened and powerful as DKM? Give me a break. GG represents the finest example of PIS in the mythos till date. Any reasonably competent Force-user should be able to reduce GG to spare parts with Force powers.

Sorry mods, but I just had to break my promise and quote this.

How could you possibly condemn Grievous for benefiting from CGI, whilst valiantly defending a video game series where a human soldier can literally bull rush through several charging, armed sith with casual indifference (Hope trailer)?

That Dooku is explicitly among the most powerful Jedi in the Order's 25,000 years, and an even greater sith lord, to the capacity where he is heads and shoulders above everyone short of Yoda, and eventually Windu, on the prime Jedi council, speaks volumes about his abilities. That he can effortlessly tool strings of saber prodigies not only designated among the greatest duelists of all time, but also explicitly masters of all seven lightsaber forms, puts him on a level beyond the actual, demonstrated abilities of most of the dark council. To suggest otherwise would be to argue that the TOR is orders of magnitude beyond anything we see in the movies, which is...you know, contrary to explicit canon.

Ragnosfan1998
Legend, I like you man. You seem to know more about StarWars then these PT humping faggets on here.

The simple fact is Dooku would get a smack down from any Dark Council member. And in general, was about equal to your average Sithlord during Vitiates time.

pencilcrayon
http://i.imgur.com/IS8jsv2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ADAi4mD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8CIlwlm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M7IMqW1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/laLVY8h.jpg

There's a ship ( the bottom one ) moving in the background about the length of itself or more when Obi-Wan is being thrown less than half a meter.

Obi-Wan is 70 kg
KE=0.5mv^2
Even at only 5-10% of the speed of those ships, Dooku still threw Obi-Wan with at least 10^15+ joules.

The Merchant
Awesome calcs Pencilcrayon. And this is G-canon. Basically Dooku pushed Obi-wan with 3 Megatons of power.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by throwawaysrs
Sorry mods, but I just had to break my promise and quote this.
?

How could you possibly condemn Grievous for benefiting from CGI, whilst valiantly defending a video game series where a human soldier can literally bull rush through several charging, armed sith with casual indifference (Hope trailer)?
Not CGI! PSI

PSI = Plot-Induced Stupidity

I am not saying that Grievous is the only character who benefited from PIS but he seems to have topped the chart. Why a cyborg is so hard to dismantle with Force powers?

The soldier that you referred to in Hope trailer is the most renowned one in the galaxy; Jace Malcom. Bioware promoted him a lot in Hope trailer. I admit that some level of PIS seems to be involved in his promotion, but aren't the most renowned soldiers able to hold their own in battlefields?

That Dooku is explicitly among the most powerful Jedi in the Order's 25,000 years, and an even greater sith lord, to the capacity where he is heads and shoulders above everyone short of Yoda, and eventually Windu, on the prime Jedi council, speaks volumes about his abilities.
The statement such as "among the most powerful" sounds impressive but we do not know the exact level of his relative position among the Jedi in the context of power. He may rank last among TOP 500 and still qualify for "among the most powerful" accolade in 25,000 years of history of the Order. Such is the level of ambiguity in these kind of statements.

Also, it is important to understand that whose POV this assertion about Dooku represents: Dooku himself? Anakin? Obi-Wan? Sidious? An outsider?

Dooku was a renowned and famous Jedi by all accounts, but why should we assume that he is better then all those who came before him?

That he can effortlessly tool strings of saber prodigies not only designated among the greatest duelists of all time, but also explicitly masters of all seven lightsaber forms, puts him on a level beyond the actual, demonstrated abilities of most of the dark council.
You think that DKM could not be superior swordsmen? This is foolish assumption. Individuals outside DKM have been exceptional duelists; individuals inside the Council were typically among the best of the best. Also, "mastery of the Force" is more important then sheer technical proficiency in bladework for Force-users. Reason is that Force-users use The Force to augment their physical capabilities, anticipate moves of the opponents in advance with great clarity (and prepare themselves to counter such moves effectively) and also use Force powers to subdue opponents. The higher the mastery level of a Force-user, the more overwhelming he or she can be in combat situations accordingly.

To suggest otherwise would be to argue that the TOR is orders of magnitude beyond anything we see in the movies, which is...you know, contrary to explicit canon.
Their are lot of contradictions in Star Wars mythos. Authors themselves take sides. Continuity exists in story aspects of the mythos but not in power progression of characters on timeline basis.

Nephthys
Originally posted by pencilcrayon
http://i.imgur.com/IS8jsv2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ADAi4mD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8CIlwlm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M7IMqW1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/laLVY8h.jpg

There's a ship ( the bottom one ) moving in the background about the length of itself or more when Obi-Wan is being thrown less than half a meter.

Obi-Wan is 70 kg
KE=0.5mv^2
Even at only 5-10% of the speed of those ships, Dooku still threw Obi-Wan with at least 10^15+ joules.

Is all you do is popping up in threads and spouting random bullshit? I've noticed you do that a lot.

Either way, hell no he didn't. And X-wings do not fly at near-relativistic speeds in combat.

Intrepid37
That's ironic.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>