Preacher (AMC)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Impediment
The comic book series Preacher, from DC's Vertigo imprint.

Preacher may be in development Hell.

Is Preacher better suited for television?

As a life long comic book fan, I have to agree with people who say that Preacher is far better suited as a television series for HBO, Showtime, etc. To try to compile all of the greatness of Preacher into a 2 hour movie will be an utter fail, in my opinion, just like with the movie adaptation of Watchmen.

All 66 issues of Preacher will translate perfectly as an episode, I feel. I even made a comparison chart of actors I feel would be perfectly cast:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/preacher_zps214ed780.jpg




Has anyone read Preacher? If not, I strongly urge you to buy the trade paper backs and get ready for an utter thrill ride. Garth Ennis is one of the greatest writers in all of comic books, as is Steve Dillon's art work.

BruceSkywalker
prolly better suited for HBO or Showtime where if successful could last a few years

the ninjak
I've been waiting for this series forever.

And it has to be a TV series not films.

As Bruce said HBO and Showtime will suit fine.

Originally posted by Impediment
The comic book series Preacher, from DC's Vertigo imprint.

As a life long comic book fan, I have to agree with people who say that Preacher is far better suited as a television series for HBO, Showtime, etc. To try to compile all of the greatness of Preacher into a 2 hour movie will be an utter fail, in my opinion, just like with the movie adaptation of Watchmen.

All 66 issues of Preacher will translate perfectly as an episode, I feel. I even made a comparison chart of actors I feel would be perfectly cast:





Has anyone read Preacher? If not, I strongly urge you to buy the trade paper backs and get ready for an utter thrill ride. Garth Ennis is one of the greatest writers in all of comic books, as is Steve Dillon's art work.

The actors you chose are pretty spot on.
I'm just curious about Franco being Jesse. He just doesn't exude Jesse's demeanour.

Impediment
Franco seems perfect, IMO. All he needs to do is buff up a little bit.

Impediment
Great fan ideas!

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment
Franco seems perfect, IMO. All he needs to do is buff up a little bit.

Back in the day I perceived Jason Patric from the Lost Boys as being a perfect Jesse.

Franco has the Star Power and the Indie crowd. His innocent charm can work with Jesse.
It's just that he seems gullible in his roles, but that's no reason to write him out in such a plot.
He has his strengths, but he's never been the brawler type.

Patient_Leech
I remember hearing something about this YEARS and YEARS ago. I remember being intrigued. Is it actually happening finally? HBO or AMC should do it. Preferably HBO, so censorship isn't such an issue.

Impediment
It's in development Hell as of right now, but rumors are abound of it's eminent production.

Galan007
The actor-choices are pretty solid.

In the comics, Cassidy is very, very Irish. Joseph would have to pull off one hell of a thick accent.
Tyler seems a little young to play SoK, but they could always age him with a mixture of makeup/prosthetics/CG.

Esau Cairn
I can't see Franco as Jesse.

I'm thinking either Aaron Paul (Jesse from Breaking Bad) or even Charlie Hunnam (Jax from Sons Of Anarchy).

And Banks is too old to play Tulip IMO. She's already 39. I see Tulip to be mid twenties.

Impediment
IMO, Tyler Mane is the ONLY person who can play the Saint. He's tall, menacing, and completely bad ass looking. A little make up and BOOM!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
The comic book series Preacher, from DC's Vertigo imprint.

Preacher may be in development Hell.

Is Preacher better suited for television?

As a life long comic book fan, I have to agree with people who say that Preacher is far better suited as a television series for HBO, Showtime, etc. To try to compile all of the greatness of Preacher into a 2 hour movie will be an utter fail, in my opinion, just like with the movie adaptation of Watchmen.

All 66 issues of Preacher will translate perfectly as an episode, I feel. I even made a comparison chart of actors I feel would be perfectly cast:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/preacher_zps214ed780.jpg





Has anyone read Preacher? If not, I strongly urge you to buy the trade paper backs and get ready for an utter thrill ride. Garth Ennis is one of the greatest writers in all of comic books, as is Steve Dillon's art work.


I'll be honest...

My bawlz got a little bit wet just reading your post. What really needs to happen is you need to go lobby some producers in Hollywood and then act as a consultant for this show. Stop being lazy and just make it happen so we can enjoy a proper show.


For me, this would be the replacement show for Breaking Bad...I'd love to see Preacher end up as a TV Series done a la Showtime or HBO.

samhain
TV show for this definitely. Too much scope for a movie, not sure about Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cassidy though. Relatively unknowns would work best for this on television IMO.

Esau Cairn
Sean William Scott as Cassidy. He's got the look & has shown his perverted side in the American Pie movies & can handle action as well.

quanchi112
Hbo show could work.

TheGodKiller
HBO show is the logical choice. Preacher would be the perfect answer to AMC's Walking Dead.

the ninjak
Preacher will piss a lot of people off.

Impediment
Preacher will DEFINITELY piss off a lot of people, but it would also amaze even more people.

the ninjak
The show will need to have a disclaimer before every episode to avoid any religious retaliation.

Which it will evoke regardless. It is after all an anti-God tale.

I would be completely happy with the original choices in the end as long as the series stuck to the source material.

Impediment
Yes!!

Impediment
Wendie Malick would be PERFECT as Grandma.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment
Wendie Malick would be PERFECT as Grandma.

Mean!............

Is it bad that I'd bang her?

Impediment
I think she's a beautiful actress; I'd hit it.

She just has a great shaped face for Grandma. And her eyes are AWESOME.

She was also great in the HBO series "Dream On".

the ninjak
Never saw Dream On.

But as long as we would've still banged her it's all good by me. smile

High Five!

Impediment
AMC IS ORDERING A PILOT OF PREACHER!!!!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!

Click here!!

That said, I'm just as nervous as I am excited. AMC brought us Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, but Preacher is far too violent, vulgar, and gory for AMC.

This could be potentially bad. I'm still super excited, though.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
AMC IS ORDERING A PILOT OF PREACHER!!!!

THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!

Click here!!

That said, I'm just as nervous as I am excited. AMC brought us Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, but Preacher is far too violent, vulgar, and gory for AMC.

This could be potentially bad. I'm still super excited, though.


if written well and casted good it could work

the ninjak
Drinks all round, Bravo. Now we just play the waiting game.

Impediment
Tyler Mane for Saint of Killers!!!

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment
Tyler Mane for Saint of Killers!!!

He copped alot of unwarranted shit after X-men.

I can't imagine anyone better.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by the ninjak
Drinks all round, Bravo. Now we just play the waiting game.


not if you built a time machine to take us into the future for the series premiere.. big grin

the ninjak
Hey, I brought everyone drinks then stated we play the waiting game.

And if AMC is on this, that's worth the tab.

Impediment
AMC is good, but HBO or Showtime would be loads better.

AMC is going to have to tone down the violence, which is understandable, but I just hope the story isn't completely neutered.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Impediment
AMC is good, but HBO or Showtime would be loads better.

AMC is going to have to tone down the violence, which is understandable, but I just hope the story isn't completely neutered.

Considering how AMC toned down the Walking Dead.
I'm a little worried about how they will eventually tone down Preacher.

But hey, hoping they up the ante with this series.

Impediment
I just sent a friend request to Tyler Mane on Facebook.

If he accepts, I'm going to beg him to audition for the role.

the ninjak
The man is perfect for the role.

And James Franco is growing on me for Jesse.

siriuswriter
I haven't read all of the Preacher issues, but I kind of like Paul Blackthorne for Jesse.
He played Harry Dresden in "The Dresden Files" and also plays Det. Lance in "Arrow."

the ninjak
Funny how how I see Jesse as being a distant medium between Paul Blackthorne and James Franco.
A very far medium between the two.

Franco just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would ever throw a punch yet Blackthorne seems like the kinda guy who can't wait too.

Mindset
Originally posted by Impediment
I just sent a friend request to Tyler Mane on Facebook.

If he accepts, I'm going to beg him to audition for the role. You seem like a good Arseface.

Impediment
Nick Frost and Simon Pegg as the sexual investigators Bob Glover and Freddy Allen!

Mindset
Impediment, I will not be ignored.

Impediment
Originally posted by Mindset
You seem like a good Arseface.

Originally posted by Mindset
Impediment, I will not be ignored.

I couldn't be Arseface. I'd be better suited as one of the hedonist party goers at Jesus De Sade's mansion.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Impediment
I'd be better suited as one of the hedonist party goers at Jesus De Sade's mansion.

And the Aardvark says, "Fnarp?"

BruceSkywalker
not sure how this will go over with seth rogen being one of the writers and exec producers...


http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/02/amc-developing-preacher-series-with-seth-rogen-and-evan-goldberg-writing.html

Impediment
Rogen and Goldberg as writers? This kinda makes me leery. Maybe they will tone down some of the black humor and ultra violence, but at the same time keep pushing boundaries for tv. I dunno.

I can't even imagine how the mansion party of Jesus de Sade will be aired!

Impediment
Well, this is a pleasant eye opener!

It seems that my Preacher comic books have exponentially increased in value due to the upcoming AMC live action series. There are #1 issues on eBay right now that are reaching up to the thousands mark! However, my Stutter Sense tells me that this will be a short lived hype that won't even be comparable to the Walking Dead issues since Preacher had a very big first issue run as opposed to TWD's very small and limited first issue run.

Still, it's very awesome to see that the anticipation for Preacher is beginning to pick up speed!

Stealth Moose
When you cash in your valuable comics, remember your KMC friends. Or just me. I could use some cash.

Impediment
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
When you cash in your valuable comics, remember your KMC friends. Or just me. I could use some cash.

I never cash in my comics.

The Fantastic Four is being rebooted next year and I have the first appearances of Silver Surfer and Galactus.

My Walking Dead #1 is my baby, since it cost me a pretty penny to attain it.

I have the entire run of Preacher since I've been collecting them as they were published from 1995 to 2000. My CGC #1 was just an impulse buy from eBay a long time ago since I wanted one "just because".

Stealth Moose
An avid collector; I approve.

Impediment
Indeed, I am.

Impediment
Tyler Mane accepted my friend request and even "liked" my idea/picture!

Stealth Moose
That is indeed awesome. And wow, he is a good candidate.

jinXed by JaNx
I feel the same way about Stephen Kings Darktower series. Unless of course someone like, Ron Howard or Guillermo Del Toro had control of it. You can't JAM an entire series into thirty minutes of exposition and an hour of action. Although I think it works sometimes, those times are only when a single story is trying to be told. When an ongoing series is forced into one stand alone movie...,it's set up to fail, unless of course that movie intends only to introduce the MAIN character and not tell the entire story,

Impediment
Still no casting news about Preacher. sad

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Still no casting news about Preacher. sad

i haven't seen anything, but hopefully something soon

Quincy
Man, I can't wait to hear more about this stuff. I'll be very judgemental of casting, this story is really close to me

Impediment
I think that Tyler Mane is teasing me. How awesome would it be if he was cast as the Saint?

Bryan Cranston would f*cking kill it as Herr Starr!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/preacher1_zpsd1691619.jpg

Quincy
I approve of all of that save for Franco

Impediment
Bryan Cranston for Herr Starr!

Impediment
http://www.superherohype.com/news/329719-exclusive-amcs-preacher-series-targets-african-american-tulip

Rumors that Tulip will be a black woman.

Hmm.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
Indeed, I am.

Boxes full of dildos no doubt

Kudos for reaching out to Mane though and saying your piece

Impediment
Are any of you guys on Twitter? Last night I tweeted to AMC about updates and news for the upcoming Preacher adaptation, and it was retweeted several times, even by Tyler Mane and his wife.

@Stuttering_Matt is my Twitter name, and it would be really awesome if you helped me with my campaign to spread awareness about this series and how important it is that Tyler Mane be cast as The Saint of Killers.

Go to Twitter and tweet @Preacher_AMC and @TYLER_MANE and let them know that Tyler Mane was BORN for the role of the Saint.

Robtard
Mane's going to give you a BJ

Patient_Leech
Imp is in it for the BJs... as always.

Impediment
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dominic-cooper-rumored-to-be-preacher-frontrunner

Nay, say I.

Cassidy? Yes.

Jesse? No!

Quincy
I'm down with it

Quincy
So we've got our Tulip

Impediment
Yeah. Some woman named Negga. What an unfortunate name.

Not happy with the casting.

Dr Will Hatch
If Preacher is successful, I hope to God that we get a Hitman movie or TV series.

Quincy
Arseface too

Impediment
Hitman seems a little far fetched, but it's definitely one of Garth Ennis' best works. I have every issue of Hitman, and I hated that DC ended the run.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah. Some woman named Negga. What an unfortunate name.

Not happy with the casting.

she is on marvel's agents of s.h.i.e.l.d.

anyway will watch pilot episode to see if i like this

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Impediment
Hitman seems a little far fetched, but it's definitely one of Garth Ennis' best works. I have every issue of Hitman, and I hated that DC ended the run.

It's far fetched, but then again, we never thought we'd see a Thor or Ant-Man movie, so there's always hope. cool

I have the first few trades and the rest in issue form. I think it ended in a satisfying way. I'm just surprised that something of that magnitude(The mutated humans) didn't catch Batman's attention.

There were a couple of issues that were made with Tommy visited the JLA a few years after the series was cancelled.

Impediment
I AM BAYTOR!!!!!

Dr Will Hatch
WB Executive: "OK, so presuming we DO greenlight this movie...who is the main villain again, exactly?"

Director: "It's simple. It's a demon that is an amalgamation of the souls of five evil Nazi butchers that were hanged by the Russians during WWII and sent to Hell."

"And this relates to hitmen HOW?"

"Tommy, our main character, had his spinal fluid sucked out of him by an alien parasite that looks like a monster out of a horror film. This somehow gives him telepathy and x-ray vision. Now that he is the best hitman in Gotham City, Hell wants to recruit him. The Mawzir is their agent."

Executive: "Err..."

Director: "And at one point, Tommy pukes his lunch on Batman's feet."

*Behind the executive is a giant poster of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice*

...

big grin

Impediment
Probably just Facebook gossip, but people have been commenting that Garth Ennis has "washed his hands of the entire project".

Then again....

Dr Will Hatch
I hope that's not the case.

Quincy
yuck

Quincy
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/422775-amcs-preacher-finds-its-cassidy-in-joseph-gilgun

Cassidy has been cast

Impediment
I have to admit that it could have been a lot worse.

Quincy
I dont know much of anything about the actors cast so far, so hopefully they can do it justice. I'm sure it won't be the acting that makes this adaptation poor, anyways

Impediment
I just want Tyler Mane cast as the Saint of Killers.

Probably won't happen, though. sad

Quincy
Yeah you've mentioned that a few times. Tyler Mane was the first sabertooth, right? He'd be pretty good.

I'd like Cranston as Herr Starr

Impediment
New updates for the casting of AMC's Preacher series:

Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark from the Marvel Cinematic Universe) will be Jesse Custer.

Ruth Negga (from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) will be Tulip O'Hare.

Joe Gilgun will be Cassidy. I've honestly never heard of him.

W. Earl Brown (Warren, the "Franks & Beans" guy from There's Something About Mary) will be Sheriff Hugo Root. I actually like this guy and his acting technique. Good choice.

Elizabeth Perkins will be Vyla Quinncannon, effectively replacing Odin Quincannon from the comic book. Fail City, USA.

The Saint of Killers has still not been cast. I still have my fingers crossed that Tyler Mane will land this role. I feel that Mane is THE only person who can pull it off.

Impediment
I'll be moving this to the TV Talk Forum since it's been confirmed as a television series and not a film.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment

The Saint of Killers has still not been cast. I still have my fingers crossed that Tyler Mane will land this role. I feel that Mane is THE only person who can pull it off.

I sent him a tweet that if he does land the role, he owes you a 30min rimjob.

Bardock42
Oh, Joe Gilgun wasn't half bad in Misfits. Could work.

Impediment
Never heard of him, honestly, but I won't pass judgement until I see the pilot.

Impediment
Garth Ennis on set with Seth Rogen.

Still no new updates, other than a full season has officially been ordered.

Impediment
The teaser is finally here. World premier trailer on 11-1-15 during The Walking Dead.

rf9hC6hfIWc

Mindset
I'M CUMMING!

Galan007
This will be excellent. thumb up

Impediment
Let's hope so.

Impediment
Full trailer to be shown in tonight's Walking Dead episode on AMC.

Quincy
You guys catch that full trailer?

Rad shot of Cassidy with his hand in sunlight.

Impediment
UNgI2sRzr8I

The trailer was very underwhelming.

jaden101
Originally posted by Impediment
New updates for the casting of AMC's Preacher series:

Dominic Cooper (Howard Stark from the Marvel Cinematic Universe) will be Jesse Custer.

Ruth Negga (from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) will be Tulip O'Hare.

Joe Gilgun will be Cassidy. I've honestly never heard of him.

W. Earl Brown (Warren, the "Franks & Beans" guy from There's Something About Mary) will be Sheriff Hugo Root. I actually like this guy and his acting technique. Good choice.

Elizabeth Perkins will be Vyla Quinncannon, effectively replacing Odin Quincannon from the comic book. Fail City, USA.

The Saint of Killers has still not been cast. I still have my fingers crossed that Tyler Mane will land this role. I feel that Mane is THE only person who can pull it off.

Joe Gilgun will make this show. He's most well known in the uk for This is England. He was also the psychotic younger brother in Lockout with Guy Pearce

Impediment
I understand that, like the Walking Dead, this story will have to be censored due to the graphic content of the source materials, but I don't want it to be completely neutered.

Flyattractor
But will the Ennis style of PISSING in peoples faces sell? Sure it can in comics but TV is a diff monster.


I hope this series crash and burns and lands right on Ennis the Penis Mucherrs ****ING FACE!

Yes. I hate the Scottish prick.

marwash22
never read Preacher.

so is this guy basically Punisher with a collar?

also, is this supernatural in nature?

quanchi112
Series is great but this didn't do anything for me from the preview anyways.

Quincy
Originally posted by marwash22
never read Preacher.

so is this guy basically Punisher with a collar?

also, is this supernatural in nature?

Not quite Punisher. And it is supernatural in nature. Plot concerns an angry Preacher who is endowed with the word of God - basically a holy power after some religious hell and heaven ****ery gets in him. He teams up with his gun-toting ex girlfriend and an alcoholic Irish vampire to literally find God himself, who recently abandoned heaven, in order to kick his ass.

Along the way they run into an assortment of assholes and psychos including Assfaces, Nazi Dominatrix's, an armadillo banging aristocrat, and all manner of scum, all while being hunted down by the Patron Saint of Killers, and guided by his moral compass John Wayne.

It's ****ing dope.

Mindset
It's a magical story of love and loss.

Impediment
Read Preacher asap, Marwash. You won't be sorry.

Impediment
My wife is now reading the TPBs of Preacher at my behest.

Mindset
I wonder if they'll still use Kurt Cobain killing himself for Arseface's origin.

Impediment
Originally posted by Mindset
I wonder if they'll still use Kurt Cobain killing himself for Arseface's origin.

That would be dope if that happened. However, many of today's younger audiences might not even know who Cobain is.

samhain
This still going ahead or has it been scrapped?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
I wonder if they'll still use Kurt Cobain killing himself for Arseface's origin.


I just heard that the reason Kurt blew his head off was because he had massive constipation problems.


So He shares something with Garth Ennis. Both are full of SHIT!

Bardock42
Why don't you like Ennis, Fly?

Impediment
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/02/09/jackie-earle-haley-joins-preacher-as-odin-quincannon

Jackie Earle Haley is Odin Quincannon. I can't think of a better actor, personally.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why don't you like Ennis, Fly?

That is a story that is too horrible to bring up on this forum.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/02/09/jackie-earle-haley-joins-preacher-as-odin-quincannon

Jackie Earle Haley is Odin Quincannon. I can't think of a better actor, personally.


agreed

Impediment
Jeff Fahey needs to be Conan Quincannon.

Impediment
There needs to be more love for Preacher, you sperm burpers!

Surtur
I just have a real fear they are going to f*ck this up.

Impediment
Originally posted by Surtur
I just have a real fear they are going to f*ck this up.

I have to admit that it'll be neutered.

Mindset
Originally posted by Impediment
I have to admit that it'll be neutered. How much of it will really need to be neutered though?

I don't see any of the violence being altered.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindset
How much of it will really need to be neutered though?

I don't see any of the violence being altered.

The violence probably won't be allowed to exceed shows like Breaking Bad or Into the Badlands, but not be allowed to reach Messing up the Zombies Level of TWD.

Mindset
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The violence probably won't be allowed to exceed shows like Breaking Bad or Into the Badlands, but not be allowed to reach Messing up the Zombies Level of TWD. Why not?

Flyattractor
Because AMC has a Standards' and Practices just to F with you just like all the other networks.

Which is used to show why The people on TWD can head shoot zombies blindfolded from a mile away but can't hit a bad human 4 feet away.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Impediment
There needs to be more love for Preacher, you sperm burpers!
Saw a trailer for this the other day. It looks awesome. eek!

Impediment
Tyler Mane for the Saint of Killers.

Galan007
When does this debut?

Impediment
June or July, I believe.

Impediment
It's official.

May 22nd.

Galan007
Nice! thumb up

At least now I'll have something to fill the gap between seasons of TWD. stick out tongue

Impediment
Arseface.

Impediment
Not the best quality, but watchable.

Tulip in action after a botched hit.


PYApe_54eXM

Mindset
I need to read the comics again.

Impediment
There needs to be more love for this show.

I'm gonna go for broke and just maintain a positive outlook.

BruceSkywalker
I saw the footage during fear the walking dead, I will watch the first show and then decide after... should I read the comics?

Impediment
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I saw the footage during fear the walking dead, I will watch the first show and then decide after... should I read the comics?

Yes a thousand times, Mark. thumb up

Impediment
Steve Dillon did some promo art for the show. I love it!

ares834
Damn. That looks great.

Impediment
Fiore and DeBlanc: two fallen angels.

Impediment
The reviews have been very good, so far.

Impediment
I want to see Lin Shaye as Grandma.

Impediment
One more week to go!

marwash22
i was gonna read this before the show started, but then decided against it because i don't wanna end up like Game of Thrones book readers (i only read the first book) who can't enjoy the show for it is, instead of what it's "supposed to be".

Impediment
You should totally read the books after you watch the show.

One of the best books ever produced, IMO.

marwash22
i will. haven't heard a bad thing about it.

Quincy
Just a few days away guvs.

Quincy
Originally posted by Impediment
You should totally read the books after you watch the show.

One of the best books ever produced, IMO.

Seconded. A dude ****s an armadillo. It's great.

Galan007
Bios from the Preacher/AMC one-shot:
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407655_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-043.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407656_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-044.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407657_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-045.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407658_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-046.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407659_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-047.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27407660_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-048.jpg

ares834
What the hell? No Saint of Killers?!

Hopefully, they're just keeping him secret but I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him entirely...

Galan007
It'd be pretty difficult to tell this story without SoK, so I'm confident that we'll see him in some capacity.

Impediment
I'm betting that Sheriff Root and Odin Quincannon will be the main antagonists of season one. The Saint, as well as others, will come in later seasons.

Check out the first opening minutes of Preacher!!!!

qbDzU5vgApM

Impediment
Two more days.

roughrider
Originally posted by Galan007
Bios from the Preacher/AMC one-shot:
http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407655_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-043.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407656_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-044.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407657_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-045.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407658_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-046.jpg http://s6d7.turboimg.net/t1/27407659_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-047.jpg http://s6d8.turboimg.net/t1/27407660_Preacher_001_AMC_Edition_2016-048.jpg

Geez, not just Dominic Cooper but Ruth Negga as well? (His off screen girlfriend) That's two more actors DC/Vertigo has pulled from Marvel productions - him for playing the young Howard Stark in Captain America and Agent Carter, and her from Agents Of SHIELD. This is such a pattern with them, trying to follow Marvel's playbook for success ("Hey, Ruth played a character known as Flowers on Agents Of SHIELD - she's perfect to play Tulip!" roll eyes (sarcastic) )

I wish the show success, but every time DC & Company have recruited an actor who's already been in a Marvel production, it has backfired in some way.

ares834

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>