Optimus Prime vs Three V-Rexes (2005 King Kong)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Optimus is in the same situation and location as Kong. He must protect Ann from the 3 V-Rexes who are trying to eat her.

1. Pure H2H. Optimus can not deploy any of his weapons or fly
2, Optimus gets to deploy his weapons

Can Optimus do it, or does he get a dino-sized foot shoved up his ass?

juggerman
Dunno about h2h but he'd easily kill them with weapons

focus4chumps
t-rex's were not pack hunters

anyway, one would be sufficient in pulling his head off smile

and yes of course prime wins if his arsenal is allowed.

Sadako of Girth
Agreed

FrothByte
Originally posted by Lestov16
Optimus is in the same situation and location as Kong. He must protect Ann from the 3 V-Rexes who are trying to eat her.

1. Pure H2H. Optimus can not deploy any of his weapons or fly
2, Optimus gets to deploy his weapons

Can Optimus do it, or does he get a dino-sized foot shoved up his ass?

T-rexes would crack their teeth trying to bite him. The T-rex's only weapon is their bite. They can't grapple, kick, punch, or pick up objects to use as weapons. And since they're teeth won't get through Prime's hide, they're mostly ineffective.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by FrothByte
T-rexes would crack their teeth trying to bite him.

/baseless speculation

The T-rex's only weapon is their bite. They can't grapple, kick, punch, or pick up objects to use as weapons.

irrelevant to their ability/lack of to harm prime

FrothByte
Originally posted by focus4chumps
/baseless speculation

irrelevant to their ability/lack of to harm prime

Unlike Kong, we actually have real T-rex skeletons in museums, some with their teeth intact. Prime is made of some kind of steel or metal that is strong enough to crash through dozens of reinforced concrete without getting damaged. There is no known animal that has teeth strong enough to bite through tempered steel. If you believe that T-rex's teeth can bite through steel, heck can even bite through reinforced concrete without breaking, feel free to prove it.

focus4chumps
Unlike Kong, we actually have real T-rex skeletons in museums, some with their teeth intact. Prime is made of some kind of steel or metal that is strong enough to crash through dozens of reinforced concrete without getting damaged. There is no known animal that has teeth strong enough to bite through tempered steel. If you believe that T-rex's teeth can bite through steel, heck can even bite through reinforced concrete without breaking, feel free to prove it.

its not about what they can bite through if they could just as easily yank off arms and legs. your entire hypothesis is purely speculative and evidence-free.

FrothByte
its not about what they can bite through if they could just as easily yank off arms and legs. your entire hypothesis is purely speculative and evidence-free.

Uhuh, sure. And do you have evidence that they're strong enough to yank off Prime's arms and legs? Or are you just speculating as well? Because as yet I don't see you posting any evidence either.

focus4chumps
you dont need to puncture metal to crush it or to rip one piece of metal off another which it is jointed to. you silly silly person.

FrothByte
you dont need to puncture metal to crush it or to rip one piece of metal off another which it is jointed to. you silly silly person.

Look, if you believe that a T-rex is powerful enough to crush or rip metal that can survive crashing through several reinforced concrete buildings without getting damaged... well, prove it. I'd gladly change my stance if you could provide compelling evidence.

focus4chumps
Look, if you believe that a T-rex is powerful enough to crush or rip metal that can survive crashing through several reinforced concrete buildings without getting damaged... well, prove it. I'd gladly change my stance if you could provide compelling evidence.

more of these amazing feats that im still waiting to see.

it just seems that every time when your evidence is examined, it goes *poof* in a cloud of smoke when its revealed what actually happened vs. your imagination.

Casually picking up trees like they were flowers.

FrothByte
more of these amazing feats that im still waiting to see.

it just seems that every time when your evidence is examined, it goes *poof* in a cloud of smoke when its revealed what actually happened vs. your imagination.

And it seems to me that everytime someone asks you for proof, you try to divert everyone's attention by criticizing someone else's proof.

Besides, you have not examined my evidence. I stated that steel > teeth/bone. Where's your examination of that? You stated that a bite can damage steel, again I ask for proof of T-rex's damaging something as durable as Prime.

Where is your proof man?

focus4chumps
kong crushing the roof of a trolly-rail with his fists, and also the simple act of him ripping off his shackles. 2 feats of destroying a metal contraption however lacking the ability to puncture it.

you just want to impose your silly asinine rule of "if it cant puncture metal than it cant crush metal" and its complete laughable horseshit.

FrothByte
kong crushing the roof of a trolly-rail with his fists, and also the simple act of him ripping off his shackles. 2 feats of destroying a metal contraption however lacking the ability to puncture it.

you just want to impose your silly asinine rule of "if it cant puncture metal than it cant crush metal" and its complete laughable horseshit.

What has Kong got to do with this? Take this to the Prime vs. Kong thread. Right now I'm asking for proof that the T-rex's are strong enough to damage steel that's as durable as prime.

BTW, the roof of a trolly-rail can't crash through multiple concrete buildings without being damaged... meaning that it's no where near as durable as Prime is.

focus4chumps
the v-rex's jaw pressure can crush prime if its jaws are strong enough. we have no way to gauge this strength though.

however to say that it is required to be able to puncture a material in order to crush it proves you are being desperate.

p.s.i. crushing metal without the use of puncturing:

tArIz4q3Gmk

does that illustrate the concept well enough or do we need to break out the crayons and construction paper?

FrothByte
the v-rex's jaw pressure can crush prime if its jaws are strong enough. we have no way to gauge this strength though.

however to say that it is required to be able to puncture a material in order to crush it proves you are being desperate.

p.s.i. crushing metal without the use of puncturing:

tArIz4q3Gmk

does that illustrate the concept well enough or do we need to break out the crayons and construction paper?

Wait hold on, I think you mistook my point. I never said that steel can NOT be damaged/crushed without puncturing it. I merely said that a T-rex can't do that to prime (or an object equal to prime's durability). You're giving me an example of a car compactor (which is probably a lot stronger and durable than a T-rex's mouth) that's crushing a car (which is a lot less durable than Prime).

Prove to me that a T-rex's bite can do this to Prime (or an equally durable object) without the T-rex's jaws breaking and I'll concede.

focus4chumps
Wait hold on, I think you mistook my point. I never said that steel can NOT be damaged/crushed without puncturing it. I merely said that a T-rex can't do that to prime (or an object equal to prime's durability). You're giving me an example of a car compactor (which is probably a lot stronger and durable than a T-rex's mouth) that's crushing a car (which is a lot less durable than Prime).

Prove to me that a T-rex's bite can do this to Prime (or an equally durable object) without the T-rex's jaws breaking and I'll concede.

i have no proof as i stated. you have no proof of the contrary.

this doesnt mean you win. im simply pointing out that your blind speculation is easily dismissible.

the car crusher was meant to illustrate crushing power vs cutting power. but i get it now. you were insisting that the v-rex's teeth would shatter. more baseless and easily dismissable speculation.

still waiting on evidence of prime effortlessly blowing through building structures etc. not holding my breath, thankfully.

FrothByte
i have no proof as i stated. you have no proof of the contrary.

this doesnt mean you win. im simply pointing out that your blind speculation is easily dismissible.

the car crusher was meant to illustrate crushing power vs cutting power. but i get it now. you were insisting that the v-rex's teeth would shatter. more baseless and easily dismissable speculation.

still waiting on evidence of prime effortlessly blowing through building structures etc. not holding my breath, thankfully.

Yes, I'm saying the T-rex's teeth would shatter against tempered steel. Because a T-rex's teeth is made from the same stuff that all animal's teeth are made of. A bit denser maybe, but still not as strong as high grade steel.

The T-rex's bite was unable to properly cut through or crush Kong's arm, which is made of flesh and blood. Not only that, but they were unable to maintain a grip on it, showing that a T-rex's bite isn't quite as strong as you're implying.

focus4chumps
neither of us can appraise the v-rex's jaw pressure nor integrity of its teeth. your parroted bootless speculation still proves nothing and on page 30 it will continue to prove precisely nothing smile

focus4chumps
ok maybe we can...kinda appraise the v-rex's jaw power

T-REX

V-REX

considering the vrex is much larger that would probably throw it in at least 45,000 to 70,000 newtons range. this is of course on the spot fuzzy math and you are welcome to challenge or amend it.

too bad about the apparently brittle teeth.

DTM
Probably Optimus for both, in 1. only just, in 2. SOLIDLY SO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.