Freedon Nadd vs Darth Thanaton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ancient Lord of teh sith vs the "I USE LIGHTNING!!!" dark councilor. Who wins? takes place in the dark council chamber.

The Merchant
Darth Thanaton. If Nadd was anything like Ommin he would need prep for his Sith Magic to take effect. Straight up fight Thanaton wins since he and the Sith of that empire were more focused on raw force combat.

NewGuy01
Probably Freedon Nadd.

Ragnosfan1998
Nadd pulls out his blaster before Thanaton can even react and blows his ****in brains out.

Or Nadd simply draws his saber, blocks Thanantons lightning and deflects it blowing his face apart.

Nadd wins in under 10seconds.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Merchant
Darth Thanaton. If Nadd was anything like Ommin he would need prep for his Sith Magic to take effect. Straight up fight Thanaton wins since he and the Sith of that empire were more focused on raw force combat.
Makes sense! Nicely put.

thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nadd was a very impressive lightsaber duelist, stalemating his master whilst he was a jedi knight, the former considered "A master duelist." He also does have in-combat sith sorcery, being what Zannah defeated Bane with.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ok, so here's my analysis of the battle, based off of what I know about these 2 characters:

We know that Freedon Nadd was able to stalemate a master lightsaber duelist, which is impressive in his own right, this is also coupled with his killing of many jedi with his bronze blade. Additionally, Nadd managed to prove himself to Naga Sadow by killing massassi, something even exar kun failed to do years later. Darth Thanaton, whilst a capable lightsaber duelist, has never been regarded as or defeated/stalemated a master lightsaber duelist. I give Nadd the edge here. In terms of force mastery, Nadd is very well-versed in the use of sith sorcery, and his teachings were passed down to Darth Zannah through his holocron, which Zannah later used to kill darth bane. He was also skilled in the use of dark healing. Darth Thanaton is also a very capable sith sorcerer, using a ritual-like attack mid battle to mentally subdue his adversary, although I don't know if this would seriously affect a dark lord of nadd's caliber. He also has very powerful force lightning, being able to destroy a large metallic statue, and has subdued (though not killed) a lenico gargantuan with lightning. He has also used it in a form of force flight, and as a FLS storm, though the latter takes time to charge, time in which nadd can dispatch thanaton with his sith magic-enhanced blaster. Ultimately, I give thanaton the edge here, due to his powerful force lightning, though the edge is not much. As to how the overall battle goes down, I declare Nadd the winner, due to having superior lightsaber ability, and his force ability is slightly behind, if not on-par, with thanaton's. This isn't even factoring in Nadd's sith magic-enhanced blaster.

The Merchant
Hmm, I changed my mind. Thinking back to the Zannah vs. Bane fight, Bane, despite having more raw force power, was still given a difficult duel by his apprentice Zannah. The fear power is Waves of Darkness, isn't it?

Ragnosfan1998
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ok, so here's my analysis of the battle, based off of what I know about these 2 characters:

We know that Freedon Nadd was able to stalemate a master lightsaber duelist, which is impressive in his own right, this is also coupled with his killing of many jedi with his bronze blade. Additionally, Nadd managed to prove himself to Naga Sadow by killing massassi, something even exar kun failed to do years later. Darth Thanaton, whilst a capable lightsaber duelist, has never been regarded as or defeated/stalemated a master lightsaber duelist. I give Nadd the edge here. In terms of force mastery, Nadd is very well-versed in the use of sith sorcery, and his teachings were passed down to Darth Zannah through his holocron, which Zannah later used to kill darth bane. He was also skilled in the use of dark healing. Darth Thanaton is also a very capable sith sorcerer, using a ritual-like attack mid battle to mentally subdue his adversary, although I don't know if this would seriously affect a dark lord of nadd's caliber. He also has very powerful force lightning, being able to destroy a large metallic statue, and has subdued (though not killed) a lenico gargantuan with lightning. He has also used it in a form of force flight, and as a FLS storm, though the latter takes time to charge, time in which nadd can dispatch thanaton with his sith magic-enhanced blaster. Ultimately, I give thanaton the edge here, due to his powerful force lightning, though the edge is not much. As to how the overall battle goes down, I declare Nadd the winner, due to having superior lightsaber ability, and his force ability is slightly behind, if not on-par, with thanaton's. This isn't even factoring in Nadd's sith magic-enhanced blaster.

Well, I will give you PROPS for admiting Nadd wins this. Good job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.