Selene (Underworld) vs Hellboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Bloodlusted unarmed deathmatch in Times Square
Who takes this?

KingD19
Selene is faster and stronger than anyone Hellboy has fought.

the ninjak
Unarmed?

jinXed by JaNx
Without any weapons i'm inclined to say that, Selene wins. Even though, Hellboy has enough durability, agility and strength to hang tough with, Selene, Selenes' endurance will out last, Hellboy. The only ay Hellboy can win here is buy ripping off selenes head and even though it's possible i don't see that happening. I think it's a fairly even match but again with no weapons Hellboy will will get fatigued long before Selene.

the ninjak
She jumped off a building and landed in the original film's intro scene.
And that was pre-evolution.

Hellboy hanged with Prince Nuada well during his fights and his fist is much more durable than the rest of his body.

Selene blitzing the environment and leaping at him to punch him on the noggin sounds good in the long run. But once that arm grabs her throat or repels her things get interesting.

COG Veteran
Can selene damage Hellboy with just her fists/feet?

ares834
Hellboy wins.

BruceSkywalker
Hellboy loses his virginity to Selene.. big grin

the ninjak
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Hellboy loses his virginity to Selene.. big grin

I doubt Hellboy is a virgin. he no doubt F'd Liz.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by the ninjak
I doubt Hellboy is a virgin. he no doubt F'd Liz.

then in that case, He becomes a proud papa stick out tongue

the ninjak
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
then in that case, He becomes a proud papa stick out tongue

Well lets hope demons can breed with mutants in this world.

Kid would have a bunch of potential.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by the ninjak
Well lets hope demons can breed with mutants in this world.

Kid would have a bunch of potential.

yep

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Can selene damage Hellboy with just her fists/feet?
Yes.

TheGodKiller
Selene wins, easily.

Mindship
H'm. Leapin', jumpin' Selene had a tough time with that giant werewolf, wherein I see Hellboy eventually getting pissed and punching the shik out of it.

I think she pisses off Hellboy, then he gets serious, times her, and connects with a game-ending haymaker. Kind of like when the Hulk tags a speedster: he loses on points but eventually connects and wins.

I dunno. I'm just having a hard time seeing Selena ftw here.

KingD19
Originally posted by Mindship
H'm. Leapin', jumpin' Selene had a tough time with that giant werewolf, wherein I see Hellboy eventually getting pissed and punching the shik out of it.

I think she pisses off Hellboy, then he gets serious, times her, and connects with a game-ending haymaker. Kind of like when the Hulk tags a speedster: he loses on points but eventually connects and wins.

I dunno. I'm just having a hard time seeing Selena ftw here.

She had a tough time with Quint because he could heal so damn fast and was more massive than anything Hellboy has actually fought hand to hand. Him punching Quint would only piss him off, and then he'd get mauled.

And I don't think even his FoD has enough to put her down. Inconvenience her yeah, but not take her out. Even then, she's loads faster than he is.

the ninjak
My gut goes with Selene though Hellboy still has the goods.

NemeBro
What non-heat related durability feats did Hellboy have again?

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro

Stabbed in the heart.

KingD19
He got stabbed and the blade was slowly working it's way toward his heart. It didn't actually get there or he would be dead.

FrothByte
Originally posted by NemeBro

He usually gets thrown through walls and concrete pillars and windows and stuff.

jinXed by JaNx
Well, I think other than getting slammed through concrete walls, being run over by a train would take some leather skin but the best display of his durability is probably when he was able to absorb the force of a fast moving, several ton SUV without breaking stance.

FrothByte
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well, I think other than getting slammed through concrete walls, being run over by a train would take some leather skin but the best display of his durability is probably when he was able to absorb the force of a fast moving, several ton SUV without breaking stance.

To be fair though, he punched the nose of the SUV down to the ground and the ground + momentum did the rest. He didn't exactly stop the SUV's momentum with purely his own strength.

KingD19

He didn't get run over by the train. It just skimmed his horns.

And yeah, it's clear durability and strength from the RFoD doesn't actually apply to Hellboy.

Selene on the other hand shoulder charged a van and sent it on it's merry way.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair though, he punched the nose of the SUV down to the ground and the ground + momentum did the rest. He didn't exactly stop the SUV's momentum with purely his own strength. [/QUOTE

It doesn't matter where he punched it, he was still absorbing all the force from the SUV. The force and the mass of the SUV traveled through him and because he didn't move means it stopped with with him.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by KingD19
He didn't get run over by the train. It just skimmed his horns.

It doesn't matter. He was absorbing the speed of the train and the force that the train was carrying his horns against the rails

KingD19
Originally posted by FrothByte
To be fair though, he punched the nose of the SUV down to the ground and the ground + momentum did the rest. He didn't exactly stop the SUV's momentum with purely his own strength.

Hellboy was not absorbing all the force. He punched it down and it bounced up and over. Plus it was the Fist of Doom that did the work, which it's made to clear to us isn't a natural part of Hellboy's body and vastly stronger than he is.

TheGodKiller
Selene on the other hand shoulder charged a van and sent it on it's merry way.
I always wondered why, despite the ENORMOUS strength boost which she received by the end of Evolution, she had difficulty dealing with regular lycans in Awakening.

Were those lycans given milder/diluted dosages of the Eve Serum? Otherwise it doesn't explain them dominating a super-vampire that has strength on the same scale as a hybrid.

KingD19
That's the only real explanation, because yeah, she overpowered Marcus and he was strong enough to shoulder charge a deuce and a half off the road and yank a helicopter out of flight.

TheGodKiller
That's the only real explanation, because yeah, she overpowered Marcus and he was strong enough to shoulder charge a deuce and a half off the road and yank a helicopter out of flight.
Not to mention that she was overwhelming William's zombie werewolves in h2h even before Michael joined the fray. Which directly contradicts her struggling to fight off Lane's lycan cronies in movie 4.

I understand that with Selene it's always been an emphasis on skill and speed, but even in Evolution we saw the full extent of her enhanced physical strength once she got juiced up on the Corvinus Blood.

KingD19
Might just have been one of those willfully overlooked things to make the movie better or more exciting in their opinion. Afterall, if she waded through lycans like she did those guys in the hallway, it wouldn't be as thrilling.

TheGodKiller
Or it might be that after having been kept on ice for 12 years, she never was at full power until the final fight with Quint.

KingD19
That's also true. Even as a hybrid, Michael and Marcus needed to feed. And William was clearly weakened after 800 years of no nourishment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.