He-Man: THE SLUGFEST GAUNTLET

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
1.Colossus
2.Thing
3.Namor
4.Drax
5.Immortal Hercules
6.RULK
7.Wonder Man
8.Thor
9. Hulk
10.Hyperion

Master or Marvel?

pym-ftw
Stops @5

Diesldude
Clears it.

Mshinu
Clears it. He gots tha POWAH!

Brockalizer
Clears

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Stops @5

Why does it stop at the immortal?

carver9
Stops at Hulk (who should be last on the list).

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
Stops at Hulk (who should be last on the list).

C'mon, you know better than that.

Batman-Prime
Clears or stops at Hyperion (Marvels 2nd Superman clone)

Stoic
I have a feeling that Ben is about to get a nice boost. As for this thread, several characters are in the wrong order. Hercules should be able to stalemate with the most recent depiction of He-Man, Thor would win, The Hulk would win, Hyperion would win, and the rest would be soundly defeated. Some worse than others. As I said before about Ben, I have a gut feeling that some changes are in store for him in the near future. I could be wrong, but...

pym-ftw
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Why does it stop at the immortal?
Herc is skilled in h2h and hits hard enough to drop him.

Digi
Classic He-Man could clear. Maybe immortal Herc, maybe Hulk, maybe Hyperion could beat him. But I wouldn't bet against Prince Adam. He was "the strongest their is" before Hulk tried to steal the term from him. And he was always as strong as he needed to be.

Current He-Man, who knows.

pym-ftw
His durability is fairly questionable though...

Digi
Originally posted by pym-ftw
His durability is fairly questionable though...

Yes and no. I'm actually one of the ones that perpetuated this argument on KMC, back when He-Man was a half-remembered 80's cartoon and no one had actual scans of him. When goober and I made the HM respect thread, it was the first time 80% of the forum wasn't just talking out of their ass.

He has more suspect durability showings than the others, true. But so does PC Supes, for example. Yet he'd run a train on this gauntlet. Now, I don't mention that because I'm going to talk about the fight against PC Supes (biggest non-feat in history on both sides, and worthless in a vs. context). But because the era he was from had more inherent PIS variability.

If we want to hold that against him, he probably loses a majority to 3/4 of this list. But he's also stronger than anyone on this list except perhaps the best versions of Hulk.

So... srug

Badabing
Originally posted by Digi
He was "the strongest their is" before Hulk tried to steal the term from him. Blasphemy...heresay!

durhulk

b_hulk

g_hulk

Stoic
Classic He-Man could clear. Maybe immortal Herc, maybe Hulk, maybe Hyperion could beat him. But I wouldn't bet against Prince Adam. He was "the strongest their is" before Hulk tried to steal the term from him. And he was always as strong as he needed to be.

Current He-Man, who knows.

The Hulk has always been the strongest one there is in terms of ownership of that slogan. He Man is a young character in comparison, unless you're going to tell me that he appeared in comics before his 1980's cartoon debut. Prince Adam (He-Man) has no real competition on Eternia because he has guys like Beast Man to kick around. What do you Think Thor would do to those guys?

Digi
Originally posted by Badabing
Blasphemy...heresay!

durhulk

b_hulk

g_hulk

Hulk fan-wank is almost strong enough for you to be right these days. Still, as a walking strength plot device, even Big Green is behind in comparison to what Adam used to do. When "strong as he needs to be for any given challenge" is literally written into your power set (or was, at least), and the power source is a multiversal nexus, I think even Hulk's roids fall a bit flaccid.

Now, an argument could be made for Hulk > Adam in durability. And therein lies the debate. Or speed, with someone like Hyperion (though HM had bullet-time feats, minimum).

I don't have a He-Man dur smilie. So, conceded I guess.

embarrasment

Digi
Originally posted by Stoic
The Hulk has always been the strongest one there is in terms of ownership of that slogan. He Man is a young character in comparison, unless you're going to tell me that he appeared in comics before his 1980's cartoon debut. Prince Adam (He-Man) has no real competition on Eternia because he has guys like Beast Man to kick around. What do you Think Thor would do to those guys?

Not talking about literal ownership, but portrayal. Until about a decade ago, this wasn't even a contest. The absurdity Hulk fans are used to these days used to be sole property of He-Man, but in an era that could more willingly accept obvious violations of logic for the sake of plot.

Thor would win with Mjolnir. I think he has no chance H2H against He-Man. If you know how big a Thor fan I am, you know I don't say that lightly.

Badabing
Hulk fan-wank is almost strong enough for you to be right these days. Still, as a walking strength plot device, even Big Green is behind in comparison to what Adam used to do. When "strong as he needs to be for any given challenge" is literally written into your power set (or was, at least), and the power source is a multiversal nexus, I think even Hulk's roids fall a bit flaccid.

Now, an argument could be made for Hulk > Adam in durability. And therein lies the debate. Or speed, with someone like Hyperion (though HM had bullet-time feats, minimum).

I don't have a He-Man dur smilie. So, conceded I guess.

embarrasment The power of durhulk compels you!

The power of durhulk compels you!

The few He Man comics I've read, plus your respect thread, points to Adam having a good shot in this thread.

We're going to have to get a He Man dur soon.

Digi

durhulk

shakefist

cdtm
Time to settle this:

DclNKn5zsEo

mV5Ucf49gWc

Skeletor wins. evil face

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Stoic
I have a feeling that Ben is about to get a nice boost. As for this thread, several characters are in the wrong order. Hercules should be able to stalemate with the most recent depiction of He-Man, Thor would win, The Hulk would win, Hyperion would win, and the rest would be soundly defeated. Some worse than others. As I said before about Ben, I have a gut feeling that some changes are in store for him in the near future. I could be wrong, but...

How is the list in the wrong order?

Provide your list.

Cogito
Blasphemy...heresay!

durhulk

b_hulk

g_hulk

I completely agree. Digi's butchery of the proper "there" is unconscionable mad

Digi
Originally posted by Cogito
I completely agree. Digi's butchery of the proper "there" is unconscionable mad

I noticed that once it was too late. To be fair, my post-to-grammatical-error ratio is as low as anyone on the forum.

iscaremonkeys
some say clear some say stop at hulk. Im not even sure if he passes Thor

Cogito
I noticed that once it was too late. To be fair, my post-to-grammatical-error ratio is as low as anyone on the forum.

That's actually the only reason I commented on it at all -- because it's an aberration.

Digi
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
Im not even sure if he passes Thor

Classic does; no question. This is a slugfest, not an "all powers" fight.

Originally posted by Cogito
That's actually the only reason I commented on it at all -- because it's an aberration.

Indeed. You get a reputation, and then have to live up to it.

janus77
If he gets to Hulk, he'll regret it. No chance against Hulk.

Stoic
How is the list in the wrong order?

Provide your list.

It really doesn't matter to be frank, I gave a list of who would likely defeat him, and who wouldn't. Hercules is above Wonder Man, and always was. Marvel decided to nerf Rulk to be somewhere between Namor, and Wonder Man. Anyways He-Man presently isn't on the same level as he was back in the PC era, which he barely fit in at the time of his little skirmish with Superman so....

Hyperion also shouldn't be placed so high with his limited showings, so I would place him below the Hulk and Thor.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by janus77
If he gets to Hulk, he'll regret it. No chance against Hulk.

Adam KO's the Hulk!

janus77
Adam KO's the Hulk!
He has more hopes of getting in on a threesome with Man-at-Arms and She-Ra than he has of surviving a fight with Hulk smile.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by janus77
He has more hopes of getting in on a threesome with Man-at-Arms and She-Ra than he has of surviving a fight with Hulk smile.

I usually qualify Hulk's KO losses by saying he will win the rematch die to increased rage.

Not this time!

The Hulk wakes up, gets angrier, and Adam STILL puts his lights out! cool

Zack Fair
Clears

iscaremonkeys
ohhh so no powers. Ok. Stops at hulk

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
ohhh so no powers. Ok. Stops at hulk

Why?

Adam at default is stronger than Hulk. His powerset is the strength necessary to meet any given challenge. This is one time where the Hulk can't out-amp his foe.

Stoic
Base on what? Oh you mean the way how he beats Beastman? Have you seen He-Man's most recent showings? The Hulk and Thor would kick his teeth in, as well as a couple others. he doesn't get past Herc.

Mshinu
Why?

Adam at default is stronger than Hulk. His powerset is the strength necessary to meet any given challenge. This is one time where the Hulk can't out-amp his foe.

thumb up

Adam steals Hulkie Boy`s lunch money and bangs Teela.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.