Superman DCNU VS Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Superman- DCNU

VS

Silver Surfer

Superman or Surfer?

Warlord
surfer drains the solar radiation of his body

Mshinu
Originally posted by Warlord

thumb up

guy222
SS

Igniz

Originally posted by Mshinu
thumb up

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Mshinu
thumb up
Originally posted by Igniz
thumb up

thumb up

Mshinu
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2013/03/thumbs-up.jpg

Warlord
yep

Supermex
I say Silver Surfer..

My consences of world internet wide
Fandom looks to be about 80% SS and 20% Supes..
SS is just a bad matchup for Supes..

DarkSaint85
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2013/03/Ramboth.jpg

Mshinu
http://gallery.sealhat.com/albums/userpics/10005/normal_vlcsnap-712997.jpg

Supermex
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy141/carlosjr75/PicsArt_1379677574899_zps980a5197.jpg

abhilegend
Superman just punches him in the mouth. Surfer is meh for the last few years.

Warlord
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman just punches him in the mouth. Surfer is meh for the last few years.
surfer transmutes him in a teddy bear

RedX1852
I want to say the Man Of Steel but he Loses

Naija boy
Surfer wins

abhilegend
surfer transmutes him in a teddy bear
Not going to happen since his cells are immune to that type of transmutation established by morrison.

Warlord
Not going to happen since his cells are immune to that type of transmutation established by morrison.

morrison established that superman can resist transmutation originating from the poweer cosmic?

also surfer most probably won't resort to this. I was kidding.
He doesn't need it anyway

abhilegend
morrison established that superman can resist transmutation originating from the poweer cosmic?

also surfer most probably won't resort to this. I was kidding.
He doesn't need it anyway
Nah, he established that molecular transformation doesn't work on him. He resisted Vyntvyx's transmutations too.

Superman would most likely punch his lights out.

Warlord
Nah, he established that molecular transformation doesn't work on him. He resisted Vyntvyx's transmutations too.

most likely surfer will recite a long monologue about how much he regrets killing him after, well.... killing him

abhilegend
most likely surfer will recite a long monologue about how much he regrets killing him after, well.... killing him
Name of top tiers surfer has killed?

Warlord
name top tears that have knocked him out with punches recently

Tony Stark

thumb up Quick and easy

Diesldude
doesn't matter, superman is above them.
Superman wins, quoting Tyson, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. That's what's going to happen to the surfer, dudes going to be seeing stars circling his head.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

abhilegend
Why recently? Does being old comics mean its not canon? Name the top tiers surfer has beaten recently then. Worthy Attuma, Thor, Karnilla have all chumped him just recently.

ODG
Silver Surfer wins 8/10.

TheGodKiller
Surfer annihilates.

JBL
Surfer destroys superman.

JBL
Not going to happen since his cells are immune to that type of transmutation established by morrison. When did superman become immune to surfers powers? When did morrison say that surfer could not transmute superman? Surfer could beat superman to death, blast him to death or drain him dry and then fry him. Surfer IS the WORST thing superman could face. As someone stated on here, surfer destroys superman ALL over the internets comic sites. You know why? Because people know surfers and supermans powerset and surfers is 100% perfect to stomp superman all day and every day. wink

Zack Fair
Surfer

Mindset
SS 10/10.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by ODG
Silver Surfer wins 8/10.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by ODG
Silver Surfer wins 8/10.

Supermex
This thread should be closed

Spite

SS is to much here

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Surfer

HERETIC!

BY THE POWERS VESTED IN ME I BANISH YOU FROM THE HOUSE OF EL! mad

Supermex
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
HERETIC!

BY THE POWERS VESTED IN ME I BANISH YOU FROM THE HOUSE OF EL! mad

lol

Zack Fair
HERETIC!

BY THE POWERS VESTED IN ME I BANISH YOU FROM THE HOUSE OF EL! mad http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130822203940/marvel_dc/images/6/62/Cryface_Superman.jpg

Supermex
LoL hell no↑↑↑

celeyhyga17
Somewhere Abhi is having a meltdown..
laughing

Batman-Prime
SS only chance is weakness exploration, else he goes down.

Mindset
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
SS only chance is weakness exploration, else he goes down. lol

This noob.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
lol

This noob.

Watch your mouth boy uhuh

Mindset
Watch your mouth boy uhuh mmm

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8f8fa2549368852b21acb8c3387d9ee4/tumblr_mk32maIhdX1qaqy1io10_500.gif

Batman-Prime
mmm

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8f8fa2549368852b21acb8c3387d9ee4/tumblr_mk32maIhdX1qaqy1io10_500.gif

You want me to set brucie on you?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/240278/jackie-chan-gives-a-bitchslap-o.gif

LordofBrooklyn
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130822203940/marvel_dc/images/6/62/Cryface_Superman.jpg

OUT!!!

Inhuman
Norin punches a hole though supes chest . Right through the emblem

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Inhuman
Norin punches a hole though supes chest . Right through the emblem

LIES!

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
When did superman become immune to surfers powers? When did morrison say that surfer could not transmute superman? Surfer could beat superman to death, blast him to death or drain him dry and then fry him. Surfer IS the WORST thing superman could face. As someone stated on here, surfer destroys superman ALL over the internets comic sites. You know why? Because people know surfers and supermans powerset and surfers is 100% perfect to stomp superman all day and every day. wink
Not immune, highly resistant to transmutation. Surfer isn't powerful enough to do anything other than energy drain and he doesn't do it enough to use it consistently.

Outside CBR? Nobody says any such things and that's only because they go by only highest feats of surfer and dismiss superman's feats which they don't like. Powerset doesn't mean shit here.Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Somewhere Abhi is having a meltdown..
laughing
On a topic like this? Hahaha.

quanchi112
Surfer, easily.

iceman24567
Minus weakness exploitation Surfer gets pummeled

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Minus weakness exploitation Surfer gets pummeled Based on ? You never back your claims. Ever.

iceman24567
^You are ignored moron troll somebody that can actually see your posts

quanchi112
^You are ignored moron troll somebody that can actually see your posts Try to stay on topic and actually debate.

JBL
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ? You never back your claims. Ever. And he never will back his claims because he never knows what hes talking about.

Supermex
Saying SS only way to win this is by energy drain is silly..

The guy is rank 1 or 2 in most power rankings and yet he is held to only energy drain win... if you think that then you don't know anything about SS and just throwin poop at the wall with hopes that it sticks ..

Hehe

Decimus
Listen surfer is a spare wheel hell everyone in marvel is a spare wheel for the plot or whim of the writers. . Over time things that are viewed as limitations like transmutation, solar draining etc will eventually be negated because the character is progressively being tuned up then the other company will do something to negate that advantage and this is how the characters evolve through time. Transmutation has been resisted and so has energy draining and it will again hopefully people will put their biases away and understand the fundamental difference between the companies so that we don't have surfer vs superman another 10 years from now with the same shit I saw 10 years ago. This forum has a marvel bias and it has gotten better but its analogous to how women are suppose to be equals yet are still treated like cattle at the end of the day which is totally despicable but " whateves". It really shows the most when high tier characters are viewed as high heralds since everything has to be in reference to marvel hierarchy so even the tiers can't be neutral. Anyway just pointing it out still think there is hope for this place but don't you guys realize u are living in a loop of venting and circular logic. I mean do u feel like family or something being insanely irrational due to some want to be part of something larger? Idk you guys have fun if you consider this fun - ( random gif) peace smile

Zack Fair
Minus weakness exploitation Surfer gets pummeled thumb up

Igniz
SS only chance is weakness exploration, else he goes down.

DCNU Superman's only chance of beating Silver Surfer is if he has a sledgehammer, or if he's mexican big grin He'll have to be both in order to win this fight.He is neither a mexican or has a sledgehammer.So Silver Surfer wins this in a ragestomp stick out tongue

Zack Fair
LOL.

Surfer wins 8/10, but those 2 wins Supes gets come from punching his teeth in.

Warlord
Supes weakness cannot be exploited hence Surfer dies... recently

Batman-Prime
With weakness exploration and if supes is on his worst or average Surfer will win, else he will be overpowered by the superior speed and strength.

Warlord
so surfer will need superman to be on his worst AND use weakness exploitation, right?

carver9
With weakness exploration and if supes is on his worst or average Surfer will win, else he will be overpowered by the superior speed and strength.

What speed fts are you talking about with this Superman? Also, Surfer tossed a star/sun away from him like it was nothing, so I don't think strength is a deciding factor here. Also, what fts of this version of Supes make you believe he would tank Surfer blast. Scans please.

abhilegend
That was a non-canon comic carter.

JBL
LOL. Speed and strength will not help superman in this battle. Surfer can match those without even trying. Its funny that when superman loses on here, it because hes at " his worst " or can only lose because of " weakness ". There is always an excuse for superman, he can ONLY lose because of this, he can only lose because of that?????. Surfer DOES NOT need to exploit anything to beat superman except supermans fans who shield the hell out of him to save him from losing. Surfer wins all day every day.

Supermex
Originally posted by Decimus
Listen surfer is a spare wheel hell everyone in marvel is a spare wheel for the plot or whim of the writers. . Over time things that are viewed as limitations like transmutation, solar draining etc will eventually be negated because the character is progressively being tuned up then the other company will do something to negate that advantage and this is how the characters evolve through time. Transmutation has been resisted and so has energy draining and it will again hopefully people will put their biases away and understand the fundamental difference between the companies so that we don't have surfer vs superman another 10 years from now with the same shit I saw 10 years ago. This forum has a marvel bias and it has gotten better but its analogous to how women are suppose to be equals yet are still treated like cattle at the end of the day which is totally despicable but " whateves". It really shows the most when high tier characters are viewed as high heralds since everything has to be in reference to marvel hierarchy so even the tiers can't be neutral. Anyway just pointing it out still think there is hope for this place but don't you guys realize u are living in a loop of venting and circular logic. I mean do u feel like family or something being insanely irrational due to some want to be part of something larger? Idk you guys have fun if you consider this fun - ( random gif) peace smile

If you think Superman wins this just say it..
No need to lecture us with this shit.

Stoic
Honestly speaking If Superman is able to draw in close enough to begin hyper fighting he should win this via pummeling the Surfer into KO status, but if the Surfer can keep this battle distanced, he should win this via solar drain. This really depends on their disposition towards each other at the time of the battle.

JayDaDon
Based on surfers durability, on average, it wouldn't even be close to easy for superman to KO him with just physicality. He has the edge there, but by NO means is it some deadly weakness against surfer.It would still be a fight but in Clarks favor.

Dampyre
Surfer wins 6/10.

80sBaby
Surfer wins 8/10, but those 2 wins Supes gets come from punching his teeth in.
This is the correct answer.

carver9
I can't remember the last time Surfer has been koed in a fight...especially since his rebirth. Surfer has every advantage imo, minus strength.

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
I can't remember the last time Surfer has been koed in a fight...especially since his rebirth. Surfer has every advantage imo, minus strength.
Caiera and Karnilla both oneshotted him. Also lulz @ every advantage.

Igniz
Silver Surfer still beats DCNU Superman.DCNU Superman isn't mexican or have a sledgehammer in his hands.Therefore Silver Surfer wins this roll eyes (sarcastic)

Philosophía
Superman.

JayDaDon
Pre nu 52 SS 7/10

Nu 52, SS 8/10

Batman-Prime
Pre N52 Supes 6/10

N52 5/10

abhilegend
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Pre nu 52 SS 7/10

Nu 52, SS 8/10
laughing out loud

How is surfer getting 7/10 over preboot superman?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

How is surfer getting 7/10 over preboot superman? You used to give Surfer the majority. laughing out loud

Odekahn
You used to give Surfer the majority. laughing out loud

Then he wised up. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Odekahn
Then he wised up. thumb up He still said Surfer wins. He can never take that back and he has the arrogance to laugh at someone for an opinion he once shared.

Naija boy
Surfer 8/10

Odekahn
He still said Surfer wins. He can never take that back and he has the arrogance to laugh at someone for an opinion he once shared.

Ah, I see. It wasn't so much what he was saying as it was how he said it. Not that you agree with what he said or anything, but that wasn't the point.

quanchi112
Ah, I see. It wasn't so much what he was saying as it was how he said it. Not that you agree with what he said or anything, but that wasn't the point. He was right and now he is wrong. Surfer wins this hands down. Any Superman you throw the Surfer wins. Tools to stomp.

iceman24567
Superman 7/10

quanchi112
Superman 7/10 Based on ?

Odekahn
He was right and now he is wrong. Surfer wins this hands down. Any Superman you throw the Surfer wins. Tools to stomp.

Ok, so was it about his arrogance or his opinion? Or maybe you're just trying to get back on track? If that's the case, then by all means, carry on.

quanchi112
Ok, so was it about his arrogance or his opinion? Or maybe you're just trying to get back on track? If that's the case, then by all means, carry on. His arrogance. His opinion now is wrong. Surfer wins.

Odekahn
His arrogance. His opinion now is wrong. Surfer wins.

How?

quanchi112
How? he used to say Surfer wins which also makes him hypocritical.

Odekahn
he used to say Surfer wins which also makes him hypocritical.

Wow. LOL! Sorry, I meant how does surfer win? Not about "Abhi's arrogance".

quanchi112
Wow. LOL! Sorry, I meant how does surfer win? Not about "Abhi's arrogance". Energy projection or weakness exploitation.

abhilegend
I was very new back then and I was just familiar about surfer from his respect thread. Not my finest moment.

quanchi112
I was very new back then and I was just familiar about surfer from his respect thread. Not my finest moment. You still can never take it back. Glorious.

vince_slice
Surfer wins 6/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vince_slice
laughing out loud

Yes! YES ! YES !

LordofBrooklyn

I find this to be HIGHLY disturbing!

Your standing in the House Of El is in serious jeopardy!

vince_slice
I find this to be HIGHLY disturbing!

Your standing in the House Of El is in serious jeopardy!
I say cast him out of the House of El. He is unworthy.

LordofBrooklyn

We've had one banishment, two this soon may be too much of a shock.

I will allow Abhi to present his case, however, severe punishment is a foregone conclusion.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

House of El is mine to control.

In case that drunk irish isn't here

abhilegend
We've had one banishment, two this soon may be too much of a shock.

I will allow Abhi to present his case, however, severe punishment is a foregone conclusion.
Don't push it minion.

Also laughing out loud @ quan squealing like a little kid.

LordofBrooklyn
Don't push it minion.

Defiance on top of your brazen betryal!

mad

House of El, our hand has been forced.

There are 2 options.

1) Abhilegend is banned from the House of El for 3 months!

2) Abhilegend is CAST OUT of The House of El!

Vote now brethren!

Odekahn
Energy projection or weakness exploitation.

That's pretty vague. What type of energy attack and what weakness?

Mindset
Energy blasts.

Physical weaknesses.

abhilegend

mad

There are 2 options.

Vote now brethren!
Pr is going to punch you in the face.

Odekahn
Energy blasts.

Physical weaknesses.

Blasts of which Superman could easily dodge.

And physical weaknesses.... we're getting closer. What physical weakness?

Mindset
Blasts of which Superman could easily dodge.

And physical weaknesses.... we're getting closer. What physical weakness? No he couldn't.

The ones that Superman has.

Odekahn
No he couldn't.

The ones that Superman has.

Why not?

Which are?

Mindset
Why not?

Which are? He isn't fast enough.

The ones that manifest when exploited.

Odekahn
He isn't fast enough.

He's got some of the most ridiculous speed feats in all of comics history and you don't think he has the speed to move out of the way of an attack?

Ok, you're boring me now.

Mindset
He's got some of the most ridiculous speed feats in all of comics history and you don't think he has the speed to move out of the way of an attack?

Ok, you're boring me now. Not all of them.

Ok.

Concession accepted.

quanchi112
That's pretty vague. What type of energy attack and what weakness? Any of them and red solar radiation.

quanchi112

mad

There are 2 options.

Vote now brethren! He is unworthy. He is no Avlon.

Mindset
We won, Quan.

carver9
He isn't fast enough.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
We won, Quan. Any true Superman fan has never even thought Surfer wins in their own mind even for a millisecond.

Inhuman
I was very new back then and I was just familiar about surfer from his respect thread. Not my finest moment.

Your most unbiased reply ever,correctly stating the clear winner was not your finest moment?

quanchi112
Your most unbiased reply ever,correctly stating the clear winner was not your finest moment? laughing out loud

Odekahn
Not all of them.

Ok.

Concession accepted.

Yes, I concede trying to get answers out of you. Trying to have a discussion with someone who only replies with a few, several-word sentences gets old fast. You're still wrong.

Mindset
Yes, I concede thumb up

Odekahn
Any of them and red solar radiation.

He doesn't know about Superman's vulnerability to red sun radiation.

Mindset
Cosmic awareness.

carver9
Surfer doesn't need to exploit weaknesses to win this.

Odekahn
Cosmic awareness.

cosmic awareness =/= prep

And Superman isn't from the same universe as Surfer, why would Surfer know anything about him?

Mindset

And Superman isn't from the same universe as Surfer, why would Surfer know anything about him? It's a good thing he doesn't need prep to use cosmic awareness.

How does it matter what universe Supes is from? SS would be analyzing Superman, not his universe of origin.

Inhuman

Cosmic Awareness is pretty much instant.

So there aren't any suns/stars of any color in DC universe?

quanchi112
He doesn't know about Superman's vulnerability to red sun radiation. Yes, he does. Cosmic awareness. In the dcu most people don't even known Clark is Superman for crying out loud. This is the Silver Surfer for Pete's sake.

quanchi112

And Superman isn't from the same universe as Surfer, why would Surfer know anything about him? His powers still work. smile

Odekahn
Show me some combat instances of this "cosmic awareness"

Mindset
SS vs Gladiator.

quanchi112
Show me some combat instances of this "cosmic awareness" I don't have to post scans due to your demands. Surfer wins.

Odekahn
His powers still work. smile

it's cosmic awareness, not cosmic learning. if it was as impressive as you imply, there'd be no reason for Surfer to ever ask any questions.

quanchi112
it's cosmic awareness, not cosmic learning. if it was as impressive as you imply, there'd be no reason for Surfer to ever ask any questions. It is comics and not how things work. It's like saying Darkseid is an idiot for not bfring Doomsday despite that being easily within his powers in the story.

Surfer wins, easily.

Zack Fair
Surfer does have the advantage in power set(he always does) and feats(**** all of DC's reboots) but eventhough I do give Surfer a solid majority, I think he will want to and benefit from exploiting Kal's weaknesses. As new as current Superman is, this guys has solid feats.

Odekahn
I don't have to post scans due to your demands. Surfer wins.

No, you don't have to due to my request. I'm just asking you to do so because I want you to back up what you're saying. Or you can continue to dance around the subject and end your retorts with "nana-nana-boo-boo, surfer wins) it's whatever lol

quanchi112
No, you don't have to due to my request. I'm just asking you to do so because I want you to back up what you're saying. Or you can continue to dance around the subject and end your retorts with "nana-nana-boo-boo, surfer wins) it's whatever lol I don't have to. Not my fault you are not knowledgeable when it comes to the Surfer. Do your own homework.

Odekahn
It is comics and not how things work. It's like saying Darkseid is an idiot for not bfring Doomsday despite that being easily within his powers in the story.

Surfer wins, easily.

If he can do something to fix a situation, and doesn't, then yes, it's stupid for him to not do it. But that's CiS/PiS so we get a good story to read. It doesn't take away from the character or their powerset, and under the conditions of a forum fight, it's different than how you would typically see the characters written.

Odekahn
I don't have to. Not my fault you are not knowledgeable when it comes to the Surfer. Do your own homework.

I'm not going digging to try to find and prove a claim that YOU made, lol. Prove what you said or don't, but don't try to turn it on me like it's my fault.

quanchi112
If he can do something to fix a situation, and doesn't, then yes, it's stupid for him to not do it. But that's CiS/PiS so we get a good story to read. It doesn't take away from the character or their powerset, and under the conditions of a forum fight, it's different than how you would typically see the characters written. It is the same thing just like with the Darkseid example. Surfer has it. Easily recognizes the weaknesses. Surfer wins with or without weakness exploitation.

LordofBrooklyn
Pr is going to punch you in the face.

Pr, unlike you recognizes my authority in The House of El!

Odekahn
It is the same thing just like with the Darkseid example. Surfer has it. Easily recognizes the weaknesses. Surfer wins with or without weakness exploitation.

We are back where we started. Show an example of a cosmic awareness combat feat.

Mindset
SS vs Gladiator.

Mindset
Well, it wasn't a fight.

But that's because Gladiator lost in his soul before they engaged in fisticuffs when SS whipped out his CA.

abhilegend
Your most unbiased reply ever,correctly stating the clear winner was not your finest moment?
Nope, superman punches surfer's teeth in.

Mindset
SS doesn't have teeth.

Therefore, SS wins.

abhilegend
Well, it wasn't a fight.

But that's because Gladiator lost in his soul before they engaged in fisticuffs when SS whipped out his CA.
Where was cosmic awareness mentioned in that scene?

Mindset
Where was cosmic awareness mentioned in that scene? It was in the preceding page.

abhilegend
SS doesn't have teeth.

Therefore, SS wins.
Superman punches surfer's teeth in existence and then feeds him those teeths.

Odekahn
Well, it wasn't a fight.

Then it's not a combat feat.

abhilegend
It was in the preceding page.
It wasn't.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>