Greatest anti-heroes of all time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

battlemaster161
We ll love the anti heroes their character, their attitude, and a whole lot of stuff my absolute favorite would have to be Vegeta and im curious whose yall are.

Impediment
The Punisher, especially Garth Ennis' version. Ennis completely re-invented the character and made me fall in love all over again.

A very honorable mention should also go to Jason Aaron's Punisher from the 22 issue PunisherMAX series. A VERY, VERY graphic and beautiful story arc.

battlemaster161
Originally posted by Impediment
The Punisher, especially Garth Ennis' version. Ennis completely re-invented the character and made me fall in love all over again.

A very honorable mention should also go to Jason Aaron's Punisher from the 22 issue PunisherMAX series. A VERY, VERY graphic and beautiful story arc. Agreed those were awesome anti heroes any more.

ares834
Walter White.

battlemaster161
Originally posted by ares834
Walter White. Whose that

Nephthys
Vriska Serket.

battlemaster161
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vriska Serket. whose that

Impediment
Spider Jerusalem, Jesse Custer, John Constantine, Tony Soprano, Walter White, Dexter Morgan, William Munny, Marv, Eric Draven, Travis Bickle.............to name a few more.

Nephthys
Originally posted by battlemaster161
whose that

Chick in my avatar and signature.

ares834
Whose that

Click...

FinalAnswer
We ll love the anti heroes their character, their attitude, and a whole lot of stuff my absolute favorite would have to be Vegeta and im curious whose yall are.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120507063036/villains/images/thumb/0/0c/Joffrey_Baratheon.png/500px-Joffrey_Baratheon.png

Joffrey of the House Baratheon, the first of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm.

COG Veteran
Punisher and marv. I know i'll think of others after I shut off my computer tho, lol.

Wei Phoenix
DOOM.

NemeBro
Doom is a villain, a disreputable scumbag.

battlemaster161
I agree doom is a villain not a anti-hero

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Doom is a villain, a disreputable scumbag.

I love it when you talk dirty to me.

Sacred 117
Sometimes the definition of an anti-hero gets a little blurry for me. Could someone please refresh my memory on anti-hero criteria?

NotAllThatEvil
Inigo Montoya... does that count?

Sacred 117
Marcus Fenix, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Vegeta would definitely be among my favorites. I'll come up with more and explain these later.

battlemaster161
Yes i agree shadow is one of my favs but like i said vegeta is on the top of my list

Sacred 117
Edit: Disregard this post.

Sacred 117
Oh, and I shouldn't forget about Prince Zuko. From a storyteller's perspective, that guy is awesome incarnate. big grin His character development was nothing short of grand IMO.

battlemaster161
Hell ya cant forget zuko i loved watching him in avatar

Wei Phoenix
I agree doom is a villain not a anti-hero

You are wrong, all of DOOM's actions are for the greater good of the planet.

battlemaster161
Actually the reason why doom made his world perfect is for his own selfish reasons. No evil all the good tricked the people into thinking he was good so he could use their loyalty to do whatever he wanted them to do and then with no problems he could go on with his plans to go on and rulle the universe

Wei Phoenix
Once again you are wrong, Gods have stared deep into the mind and soul of DOOM and sensed no evil, they have stared at many alternate futures and timelines and in every one the earth is a burned out cinder, humanity falters and crumbles in every future but one, the one led by DOOM. You should read DOOM instead of just googling things, you'd learn a lot more my friend. DOOM is the only hope Earth has for a future.

Zack Fair
Vegeta.

battlemaster161
then doom is not a anti hero hes just a hero if thats how u put it

Wei Phoenix
then doom is not a anti hero hes just a hero if thats how u put it

DOOM fits nearly every category. He would kill millions to save billions.

battlemaster161
You just said he has no evil in him wei to be a anti hero you must have a little evil in you so he dosent fit

Wei Phoenix
You just said he has no evil in him wei to be a anti hero you must have a little evil in you so he dosent fit

You don't have to have any evil in you to be an anti-hero.

battlemaster161
Can you name an anti hero that dosent have a little evil in them everyone we listed has had evil in them even if its just a little bad boy evil

Wei Phoenix
Being a bad boy and being evil are two different things. Describe the evil in Punisher?

ares834
I can't believe I have to say this bu Doom is a straight up villain...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ares834
I can't believe I have to say this bu Doom is a straight up villain...

Shhh....Don't lie to make BM feel better about himself.

battlemaster161
Wei your the only one who thinks doom is an anti hero i know hes your fav character but you should know what he is and isnt

Wei Phoenix
He's not my favorite character in any medium. I do know what he is and isn't.

Bast: "You would slaughter millions to save billions. You would rewrite history, wreck nations, let yourself be called a tyrant and a murderer. All to satisfy your dream of one world under Doom."

Bast: "And yet."

Bast: "You believe that this is the only path to salvation for all mankind. You believe that with your whole heart. Everything you have ever done--your plots and twisted excesses--all serve this one goal."

Bast: "I, too, have looked into the million pathways of the future. I, too, have seen the one path that leads to a world without evil, without hurt, without want. And though my own soul cries out in denial, I must act according to the truth."

Bast: "Though your methods are abhorrent and vile, your intent is pure. You have passed the test. The vibranium is yours to take....do with it as you will."

Impediment
Doctor Doom could be the single greatest hero in all of comics, if he could only get over himself.

There are no proper adjectives to accurately describe how inflated his ego is, and that's why he will always be a villain.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
He's not my favorite character in any medium. I do know what he is and isn't.

Bast: "You would slaughter millions to save billions. You would rewrite history, wreck nations, let yourself be called a tyrant and a murderer. All to satisfy your dream of one world under Doom."

Bast: "And yet."

Bast: "You believe that this is the only path to salvation for all mankind. You believe that with your whole heart. Everything you have ever done--your plots and twisted excesses--all serve this one goal."

Bast: "I, too, have looked into the million pathways of the future. I, too, have seen the one path that leads to a world without evil, without hurt, without want. And though my own soul cries out in denial, I must act according to the truth."

Bast: "Though your methods are abhorrent and vile, your intent is pure. You have passed the test. The vibranium is yours to take....do with it as you will."

This makes him more anti-VILLAIN than anti-HERO, but villain nonetheless.

battlemaster161
Wei do you even know what an anti-hero is.

Wei Phoenix
Wei do you even know what an anti-hero is.

I do and so can you with my self-help book entitled: DOOM and you!

battlemaster161
you still dont know do you he be anti-villian to villian not hero

Betterman
Vegeta
Alucard
Spawn
Dante
Deadpool
Guts
Shadow the Hedgehog
Eric Draven AKA The Crow
Hellboy
John Constantine
Roland Deschain
The Mask
Beetlejuice
Godzilla
Judge Dredd
Lobo
Kratos
Rick Taylor
Duke Nukem
Richard the Warlock
Alex Mercer
John Hancock
Ryu Hayabusa
Macbeth (Disney's Gargoyles)
Chev Chelios
Takuma Tsurugi
Felonious Gru
John Rambo
Richard B. Riddick
Max Rockatansky
Snake Plissken
Tequila Yuen
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Al Bundy
Bender
The Undertaker
Sir Daniel Fortesque
Big Daddy (Kick-Ass)
Spy (Team Fortress 2)
Rorschach
Tom and Jerry
Kain and Raziel
Dean Winchester and Sam Winchester

Sacred 117
It's official; I think Vegeta has assumed the title.

battlemaster161
Vegetas picture should be next to anti-hero

Wei Phoenix
you still dont know do you he be anti-villian to villian not hero

I do, but if you buy the sequel to my book: I am DOOM and so can you! Then you'll learn that DOOM is the answer to nearly every question you have to ask.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I do, but if you buy the sequel to my book: I am DOOM and so can you! Then you'll learn that DOOM is the answer to nearly every question you have to ask.

Where can I purchase my copy of this series?

TrevorPhillips
There's alot of good video game anti heroes

NemeBro
Doom's greatest desire is to kill someone for no other reason than him having a bigger dick than Doom, and will commit numerous atrocities for the sake of doing so.

He's a villain. He is by no means a totally irredeemable monster, but he is a villain.

Wei Phoenix
Doom's greatest desire is to kill someone for no other reason than him having a bigger dick than Doom, and will commit numerous atrocities for the sake of doing so.

He's a villain. He is by no means a totally irredeemable monster, but he is a villain.

DOOM's greatest desire is to live in a world with no crime, famine or strife. Reed is a close second, but still our savior is the answer and you can be a part of the solution Nemebro, baptize Battlemaster into purifying waters of Latveria.

NemeBro
NemeBro is the cause of the problem, never part of the solution.

battlemaster161
NemeBro is the cause of the problem, never part of the solution. same here we have to baptize in water thats not fake then slap him a fish until he's smart

jmoul
I'd like to cast a votes for Ghost Rider and Darth Bane.

Ghost Rider is the Devil's bounty hunter, who fights for good.

Darth Bane, while he is a Sith, is portrayed in his trilogy as freedom fighter, at least in his own eyes due to the Sith Code.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.