Jaina Solo vs TCW Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XRKun
Saber:
Force:
All Out:

Intrepid37
What has Jaina done?

XRKun
Originally posted by Intrepid37
What has Jaina done?

Somehow managed to kill Caedus
Named Sword of the Jedi

Thats all I can think of.

Intrepid37
Lol. If that's it, Maul wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Killed Caedus because he had one arm, and I think 1 other injury, plus Jaina was being amped by Luke, and Caedus STILL had an opportunity to kill Jaina, but chose not to.

Nephthys
Female Skywalkers all suck.

Maul wins due to sexism.

DarthAnt66
Jaina wins barely.

"Jaina lept over an incoming leg slash, then dropped her attacker with a quick snap-kick to the temple. She blocked a strike at her neck, and, still in air, turned her jump into a cartwheel. She shifted to a one-handed grip and swung her free arm in an arc, using the Force to sweep two more Sith off their feet."
-Page 115 of FOTJ: Apocalypse

"Perhaps they feared Luke Skywalker just that much.
And that was a mistake.
Luke Skywalker was not the Sword of the Jedi. Jaina was, and now the Sith had trapped themselves inside a locked temple with her."
-Page 116 of FOTJ: Apocalypse

"...from killing two Sith in three seconds..."
-Page 166 of FOTJ: Apocalypse

"On most days, that would have been an easy job for two Jedi Masters and Jaina Solo, who, as Sword of the Jedi, had proven time and again that she was the combat equal of anyone in the Order."
-Page 325 of FOTJ: Apocalypse

Taay'hai
Maul. He's the real sword master here. Do you see Jaina doing as well a peak performance against Sidious as Maul's? HAHA NO!

Q99
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Killed Caedus because he had one arm, and I think 1 other injury, plus Jaina was being amped by Luke, and Caedus STILL had an opportunity to kill Jaina, but chose not to.

Because it'd be a mutual kill, it wasn't an opportunity for a clean kill

And Jaina wasn't so much amped, as Luke was using a little illusion to make Caedus see him instead of Jaina, and only for the start of the fight iirc. She wasn't strong or faster or anything.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Taay'hai
Maul. He's the real sword master here. Do you see Jaina doing as well a peak performance against Sidious as Maul's? HAHA NO!

Sidious was toying with him...Sidious could have ended the fight the second he walked in when he threw them and slammed them into the windows.

Taay'hai
That wasn't in the same circumstance as Maul's last stand though. So don't give me that.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Sidious was toying with him...Sidious could have ended the fight the second he walked in when he threw them and slammed them into the windows.

That's not proof that he was holding back throughout the fight. The official site makes it clear he was there to defeat Maul(and we know he had no intention of letting Opress leave with his life). No where is it mentioned he was toying with them.

NewGuy01
I wouldn't say he was "holding back" as much as he wasn't really taking the fight very seriously until the end.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I wouldn't say he was "holding back" as much as he wasn't really taking the fight very seriously until the end.

Yeah I can roll with that. Obviously Dooku would have fought harder against Yoda than he did against AOTC Skywalker, simply because he was being pushed more. But that doesn't mean he was holding back against Skywalker. He just wasn't pushing himself to display his top abilities.

Q99

But on the flip side, when he was facing both of them at the same time in sabers, he wasn't even on the offensive much.

The bros had no good counter to his force abilities other than kill him with sabers, and he knew it, and he knew he could defend against their sabers, so he knew he was going to win, but he didn't overwhelm the pair in all aspects.

Stigma
Jaina wins barely.

"Jaina lept over an incoming leg slash, then dropped her attacker with a quick snap-kick to the temple. She blocked a strike at her neck, and, still in air, turned her jump into a cartwheel. She shifted to a one-handed grip and swung her free arm in an arc, using the Force to sweep two more Sith off their feet."
-Page 115 of FOTJ: Apocalypse

"Perhaps they feared Luke Skywalker just that much.
And that was a mistake.
Luke Skywalker was not the Sword of the Jedi. Jaina was, and now the Sith had trapped themselves inside a locked temple with her."
-Page 116 of FOTJ: Apocalypse

"...from killing two Sith in three seconds..."
-Page 166 of FOTJ: Apocalypse

"On most days, that would have been an easy job for two Jedi Masters and Jaina Solo, who, as Sword of the Jedi, had proven time and again that she was the combat equal of anyone in the Order."
-Page 325 of FOTJ: Apocalypse
I'm not sure if any of these put Jaina above Maul, or even at the level of TCW Maul tbh.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Q99
But on the flip side, when he was facing both of them at the same time in sabers, he wasn't even on the offensive much.

The bros had no good counter to his force abilities other than kill him with sabers, and he knew it, and he knew he could defend against their sabers, so he knew he was going to win, but he didn't overwhelm the pair in all aspects.

thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
But that doesn't mean he was holding back against Skywalker. He just wasn't pushing himself to display his top abilities.

According to the AotC novel, Anakin was actually pushing him. And he was out of breath afterwards.

Petrus
I think it's quite clear that in "The Lawless" Sidious knew he would win the fight since he entered the room. I don't see the brothers seriously pushing Sidious; it seemed like he was just enjoying himself tbh. Of course, the same could be argued during his fight against Yoda in RotS because he was laughing his ass off the whole duel...

I still hold my point, though. Sidious dominated the Maul Bros without much difficulty.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Petrus

I still hold my point, though. Sidious dominated the Maul Bros without much difficulty.

No one's disputing that. We saw him dominate them both. It's just when people start saying he was holding back on pretty much most of his power that I find bogus.

Petrus
But it is implied in the fact that he dominated them that he wasn't really hard-pressed, and since he wasn't hard-pressed, he didn't need to go all-out on them. Of course he put some effort into defeating them, but I doubt it was a big effort.

DARTH POWER
^Yeah but it's the same when anyone powerful takes down much lesser Jedi/Sith.

Like Dooku against AOTC Kenobi/AOTC Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.